Returning player - state of necro / sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Breyl.5930

Breyl.5930

Hi guys.

Haven’t played the game in about 2 years :s
I am primarily interested in sPvP and PvE (solo mostly – I dont even remember what pve consists of in GW2), so would necro be a good pick for both? What state is he in right now?
I used to play thief but wanna get a fresh start, so to say..

Thanks a lot

in PvP

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

Go necro, find a top tier elementalist support and you’ll do well.

Literally

Tanbin

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyNewb.6789

TheMightyNewb.6789

Necros get focused a lot in pvp and In open world necros are good and pretty fun but in raids necros are just okay. They are only wanted on a few fights.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Alone, you’re gonna die a lot of time.
Find an elementalist or a engineer that support you All the time and then you’ll be able to do something (and even be useful to your team).

Play alone as a necromancer can grant you frustration and sadness.

If you find a good party that know what a necromancer can do while supported, you’ll be able to do great things. But there’s only few players that really care about your fate doing SoloQueue.

I really like the necromancer and in sPvP is funny to play. Not the top class but the only able to make those top meta builds weak as the nobbest build ever.

If you don’t care to be unable to carry a match or to win a 1v1 (unless against few support builds) and like to be the nightmare of every boon spammer, that’s your class.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Go necro, find a top tier elementalist support and you’ll do well.

Literally

I see what you did there. Yes, necro/ele duo is quite a challenging duo to fight against, takes hard balls and good focus to take down either of them.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The sPvP meta is primarily focused around roamers (such thieves and mesmers) right now, and as such necromancers are in a disadvantaged position.

This may or may not change with PoF, we will have to see.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Kiritodatrth.1548

Kiritodatrth.1548

Hire a babysitter and go Necro… Or prepare your fifth shades of grey face if playing solo XD…

Or go Mesmer (hard to master)… Guardian (Guard is pretty easy… well straight forward class)…Or Engineer…

in PvP

Posted by: Breyl.5930

Breyl.5930

Find an elementalist or a engineer that support you All the time and then you’ll be able to do something (and even be useful to your team).

If you find a good party that know what a necromancer can do while supported, you’ll be able to do great things. But there’s only few players that really care about your fate doing SoloQueue.

I really like the necromancer and in sPvP is funny to play. Not the top class but the only able to make those top meta builds weak as the nobbest build ever.

If you don’t care to be unable to carry a match or to win a 1v1 (unless against few support builds) and like to be the nightmare of every boon spammer, that’s your class.

kitten , I was actually hoping to play solo mainly :/ Necro’s seemed fun the last time I played. Should I go back to thief then? Or what’s the most optimal solo class? I don’t mind the difficulty.. Mesmer/engi?

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Try condi-thief. It’s a little hard to master and takes a lot of skill, but it’s really enjoyable.
(and don’t listen to the people that say it’s OP, it’s not <_<)

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_S/D_Condition

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: Zabrios.6079

Zabrios.6079

And what would be a good class that can carry? (Barring thief, I’m an absolute disaster playing the class)

in PvP

Posted by: MikeL.8260

MikeL.8260

And what would be a good class that can carry? (Barring thief, I’m an absolute disaster playing the class)

Usually the “playmakers” are Thieves because of their unlimited mobility (easy to +1 fights and decap unguarded bases) and Mesmers cause of portal, good mobility and decent survivability. Nothing’s set on stone though and both of those classes are really hard to master.