Rev advice for high latency?

in PvP

Posted by: edtanks.3852

edtanks.3852

So i play with roughly 300-360 ping most of the time, and I’m trying out rev in spvp. Any suggestions on a lag friendly build that can work around my latency? I tried the metabattle power shiro build but chaining attacks just feels heavy. (swapping to staff take half a second, and then pressing 5 takes another half a second before it casts)

in PvP

Posted by: FOX.3582

FOX.3582

So i play with roughly 300-360 ping most of the time, and I’m trying out rev in spvp. Any suggestions on a lag friendly build that can work around my latency? I tried the metabattle power shiro build but chaining attacks just feels heavy. (swapping to staff take half a second, and then pressing 5 takes another half a second before it casts)

If you want to drive on the highway, you need a car that travels faster then 15mph.

So, fix internet and stay in HotJoin…

What does the FOX say¿!

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

On rare occasions when my ping goes higher than 150-200 (my avg. normal ping is 80), everything just starts being so sluggish and unresponsive, it’s impossible to play a fast-action class like Revenant or Thief with such ping. I’d not recommend doing it with your ping. If that’s the only ping you get, I suggest trying playing slower bunker classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I don’t usually play Sunday because of my ping, 100 90 is unplayable for me.

in PvP

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

Forget about Rev…

I have a lot of experience playing with high latency, this is one of the few builds in GW2 you can play with 200+ and still do fine:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBLhZ6kZTocTsbTw2GgeTsgLYRyXfAorWA4AEXF/ijRA-TZxFAB7XGIhHAAAHCgDOCAIt/AA

Not unusual to get top dmg and condi dmt dealt stats after match, an absolute beast in team fights and can win 1v2s too. Trick is learning when to flash shroud and when to go into shroud and stay there. Flashing shroud triggers your Hydro+Leeching or Geomancy sigils, gives you fury, RETALIATION!, bleeds (2) cripples and weakens everybody around you and also corrupts 2 boons per target, at the price of waiting 10 more seconds before having shroud available, and you can do this at the start of the first fight because your heal lets you gain LF when the countdown starts… Soul Reaping spec is not missed due to the great LF generation from shout heal and spectral armor plus the shroud flashing nature of the build. Suffer>Plague Signet in some situations, and it has a very short CD. Way too easy to play, almost no mistake is punished and actually works anyway because everything is AOE and triggers something else.

(edited by Cristobal.8640)

in PvP

edtanks.3852

Hammer rev doesnt work well in spvp?

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

It’s the definition of garbage at its finest. It will only ever kill AFK players and really terrible ones.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

You can just take any rev build and roll your face around on your keyboard. doesnt really matter wich skills come through, your passives will do most of your work.
Jokes aside, in order to actually be helpful: there is a support build based on ventari somewhere out there. It might not be as powerful, but perhaps less responsive.
You might also consider to unplug your computer from the internet and instead save outgoing data on a flash drive and send that to anet via mail.

in PvP

edtanks.3852

Playing from the other side of the planet requires workarounds. I know certain builds that require twitch responses just wont work with high latency

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Rev doesnt have a hammer. Its the only one profession in game without ranged weapon

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Themistokles.1238

Themistokles.1238

Hammer Rev is much weaker then Staff. Staff gives Evades, Blocks and also the extrem Strong Staff 5. Not to forget about rare Condicleanse and a Stun.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Some classes like rev or especially thief are very problematic to play with lags.

in PvP

edtanks.3852

Some blocks flatout fail to block. then i go down and blocks come out.. its funny sometimes. #laglife

(edited by edtanks.3852)

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Well the only one class i can think of being decent with high ping is reaper.. Slow, facetank playstyle while you drinking coffee. Make sure to get aimbot option for marks and done

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

edtanks.3852

I’ve actually had decent winstreaks with signet reaper. Just like you said, facetank and just randomly place marks and stuff dies. It abit ridiculous how some classes are so lag friendly and others are almost unplayable.