Rev changes

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Revenant

•Precision Strike: This skill no longer targets enemies using stealth effects.
(Thieves and Engies rejoice)

•Phase Traversal: The cost of this skill has been increased from 20 to 35.
(So previously they increased CD to prevent spamming and now almost doubled the energy cost. Wow just wow. )

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

More nerfs needed.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Rev changes

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

I actually agree with the precision strike change but i dont agree on phase traversal.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I think they did that because PT is pretty powerful. It’s a 5 second CD teleport that also allows your next several attacks to be unblockable. If used right it’s a powerful skill. It’s not meant to be used with no thought

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Both of them seemed well placed tbh. People may actually be able to run away from a rev now, and P strike was a nightmare for stealth classes..

Phaatonn, London UK

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Julian.2971

Julian.2971

PT nerf —-→ Buff to thieves
:D

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

I don’t think the PT change will really matter, even pre nerf you werent able to catch thiefs spamming SB #5. 1 PT is enough to counter every other classes mobility

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Revenant still king of pvp (best balance of survival – armor and healing and dodging, damage pressure, mobility, team support).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Revenant

(Thieves and Engies rejoice)

•Phase Traversal: The cost of this skill has been increased from 20 to 35.
(So previously they increased CD to prevent spamming and now almost doubled the energy cost. Wow just wow. )

THANK YOU, ANET! You still can’t really interrupt it (since it goes off even if target is stunned) but at least there is more counter to it than just oh another dodge.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Rev is out, kaput. Ded. Hail thief overlords and warriors. This is overnerf, its like thief that would have to use 10 ini just for shortbow 5.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Well, I hope thieves are ready for the post S3 nerfs headed their way.

Rev is out, kaput. Ded. Hail thief overlords and warriors. This is overnerf, its like thief that would have to use 10 ini just for shortbow 5.

This exactly.. those changes are uncalled for. Condi warrior could already beat revs, thieves can beat anyone (1 vs 1) in this meta, yet revs got slapped again.

Here is the Anet dev responsible for this over nerf? (Question mark: because I can’t tell if it’s one or not, though I believe it was uncalled for)

Attachments:

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

No doubt warriors…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Lakie.4510

Lakie.4510

The Precision Strike nerf is due but I don’t get why they would double Phase Traversal’s energy cost. Now by the time you approach the enemy with it you’ll have 15 energy left which is just enough for another weapon skill before your energy hits 0 and render you useless.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Good nerf. More emphasis on energy management instead of introducing more cooldowns.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Rev changes

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Well, I hope thieves are ready for the post S3 nerfs headed their way

• infiltrators arrow now costs 9 initiative.
Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

I would gladly use 10 initiative for an infiltrator’s arrow with 1200 range and teleported me through walls and gave me unblockable attacks. Oh, but then I would only be able to use it every 10 seconds instead of every 5 like revs.

Good nerfs. Energy is supposed to be a limiting factor for revs like initiative is for thieves. Learn to manage.

Edit: I take that back. At 35 energy, it would take 7 seconds to regenerate. So technically, you could use it every 7 seconds.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

(edited by Moonsinn.5382)

Rev changes

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

I would gladly use 10 initiative for an infiltrator’s arrow with 1200 range and teleported me through walls and gave me unblockable attacks. Oh, but then I would only be able to use it every 10 seconds instead of every 5 like revs.

Good nerfs. Energy is supposed to be a limiting factor for revs like initiative is for thieves. Learn to manage.

Thieves don’t spend initiative on heal/utility/elite learn the mechanics before commenting. Also PT requires a target and bugs out depending on terrain while spending energy.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

You realize it needs a target? I would trade PhT for I.Arrow any day of the week. You are plain new at using I.Arrow if you don’t understand it yet.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Good nerf. More emphasis on energy management instead of introducing more cooldowns.

More emphasis on forcing the player to auto-attack would be more accurate.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Lakie.4510

Lakie.4510

Edit: I take that back. At 35 energy, it would take 7 seconds to regenerate. So technically, you could use it every 7 seconds.

So what do you do during that 7 seconds? Flail around or try to auto-attack your target to death?

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

So what do you do during that 7 seconds? Flail around or try to auto-attack your target to death?

You say that like every rev skill costs 35 energy.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

Rev changes

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

You say that like every rev skill costs 35 energy.

Not far from the truth on shiro… Or Jalis…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Ok, fair enough, but I think Precision Strike is still bugged where it hits dead players.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Ok, fair enough, but I think Precision Strike is still bugged where it hits dead players.

They’re not dead enough.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

burtnik the drama-queen <3

I also hoped for retribtion change to be honest. A full passive traitline and especally the taunt trait is just super dumb.

Good changes overall tho which will bring thief closer and closer which is defintly a good thing.

Grimkram [sS]

Rev changes

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

I also hoped for retribtion change to be honest. A full passive traitline and especally the taunt trait is just super dumb.

Good changes overall tho which will bring thief close and closer which is defintly a good thing.

Serious question. Does any decent Rev even use Retribution anymore? I switched to Invocation a little while ago and never went back. Much higher burst and if i feel nervous i can always take paladin amulet, but much prefer marauder amulet.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Thieves don’t spend initiative on heal/utility/elite learn the mechanics before commenting. Also PT requires a target and bugs out depending on terrain while spending energy.

You’re right, but they do spent init on every other attack skill. Also, IA costs 6 initiative, so one every 6 seconds, had 900 range, no damage, and it too bugs out on terrain and still eats init. At 35% energy, PT can be used every 7 seconds, has 1200 range, and gives you 2 unblockable attacks.

Edit: PT is also instant while IA has a travel time, so the effective distance is actually less than 900. You can also legend swap to reset your energy after catching your target.

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

Rev changes

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Good changes overall tho which will bring thief close and closer which is defintly a good thing.

Serious question. Does any decent Rev even use Retribution anymore? I switched to Invocation a little while ago and never went back. Much higher burst and if i feel nervous i can always take paladin amulet, but much prefer marauder amulet.

Not that often only when I’m not playing shiro/glint or when all my opponents are thieves.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

Guys, lets be honest, the under-performing professions like Wars and thieves were buffed. The over-performing ones were nerfed. The only class needing some rework is the guardian. All the others are viable and more balanced than past season…

I can say already that S3 will be better…. whether u like the nerf or not… it still the truth.

ANET is doing a relatively good job compared to the previous months/year.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Guys, lets be honest, the under-performing professions like Wars and thieves were buffed. The over-performing ones were nerfed. The only class needing some rework is the guardian. All the others are viable and more balanced than past season…

I can say already that S3 will be better…. whether u like the nerf or not… it still the truth.

Thieves weren’t buffed and warriors were. I must give kudos on how the balance team is handling thieves. They are only getting stronger because the other classes are getting weaker.

Now this is how a proper balance is achieved. Unfortunately we saw,more power creep with warrior last patch

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Thieves weren’t buffed and warriors were. I must give kudos on how the balance team is handling thieves. They are only getting stronger because the other classes are getting weaker.

Now this is how a proper balance is achieved. Unfortunately we saw,more power creep with warrior last patch

LOl thieves got actually quite few nice buffs. Plasma (well fix), withdraw removing torment is great.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

Not gonna quote the people who replied to last post.

Please don’t insult me. I play rev and thief both and understand the mechanics well enough. There are myriad differences between the two, and I wasn’t the one who compared the two initially. I’m merely pointing out that phase traversal is a much more powerful skill for gap closing. Comparing it to steal would be more apt.

I’d also like to point out that even though thieves don’t spend initiative on heals and utilities (they have longer cds instead), they also don’t have a mechanic to reset their initiative with legend swap. Also, the skill only uses 7/20 of the potential total energy, if anyone is willing to let their energy get to full.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

Well i’m revenant and i agree with the precision strike change. But i would revert the range nerf. Revenant is an already easy to kite class, and with the phase traversal nerf (wich was needed, aniway not gonna touch too much my gameplay cuz i rarely use that skill 2 times in a row) i feel like the lose on precision strike range will make revenant too weak against kite.
I’m not gonna talk about the thief, cuz is not the topic, but back in the off topic even without these nerfs, a good thief had already very few chances to lose against a rev in a duel. Now if thief lose to a rev should delete his class and go play pokemon online XD XD

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Well i’m revenant and i agree with the precision strike change. But i would revert the range nerf. Revenant is an already easy to kite class, and with the phase traversal nerf (wich was needed, aniway not gonna touch too much my gameplay cuz i rarely use that skill 2 times in a row) i feel like the lose on precision strike range will make revenant too weak against kite.
I’m not gonna talk about the thief, cuz is not the topic, but back in the off topic even without these nerfs, a good thief had already very few chances to lose against a rev in a duel. Now if thief lose to a rev should delete his class and go play pokemon online XD XD

Only way I lost to thieves 1v1 on rev was when they had LOTS of room. In pvp this isn’t always the case and help should be close anyways.

Either way the good players will still rip

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

I think this was a really dumb nerf (not to prec strike that was needed).

Ive played a bunch of matches with it, and honestly it doesn’t prevent me getting from point to point at a super speed. What it does however do, is prevent me from using it to get the unblockable interrupt mid combat but not initiating though. So you can still PT → Surge and knock out a fleeing person BUT you cant PT → Surge if you’re trying to interrupt a skill like Crystal Hybernation. The reason for that is when an enemy starts feeling you got at least 7s to build up that energy if not swap → swap back in time (10s). With that in mind what did that actually accomplish? Nerfing off-hand sword cause that’s where it shined and only where it shined, and annoying pvers I assume.

It was a dumb, dumb nerf. What they could have done to hurt it’s gap closing potential would be decrease the range to 900 and change Unrelenting assault so it has a maximum hit range. But this? This was just dumb. It hurt on point pressure more than gap closing pressure.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

I personally feel like 35 energy is a little bit too heavy, 30 would have been the max i expected (i know this sounds insignificant but that’s roughly 16%).

This means there is less effective counterplay when it comes to thieves back capping your node which is a little disappointing given that i feel like rev phase was built with this in mind when designing the profession.

We’ll see how it plays out though.

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: claytonmorby.3751

claytonmorby.3751

To me it seems PT should only be being used for a gap closer, not as a combo piece to make a burst unblockable.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

BTW about these changes, has Anet finally decided to bring elite down to core levels? I mean the way I see it, after this nerf, thieves or Warriors might ended up heeding nerfed again at the end of the season. I am noticing a trend… just an observation anywyas.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

The problem now is with the energy so high, sure I can teleport to you, but what good is it? I only have energy left to AA.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Rev changes

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

BTW about these changes, has Anet finally decided to bring elite down to core levels? I mean the way I see it, after this nerf, thieves or Warriors might ended up heeding nerfed again at the end of the season. I am noticing a trend… just an observation anywyas.

It’s unlikely for warriors and thieves not get nerfed.
They were pretty much meta and all other meta specs got nerfed.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Hey so when does rev come out of beta?

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

After just some initial testing, I am pretty sure Rev. is still S tier. It was only ever weak to condi spam, and condi builds have much less sustain without merc amulet (making them susceptible to rev burst even more).

Rev honestly needs a nerf to its hard defenses (evades, blocks, invulns), burst from procs (legend swap shouldn’t proc sigils since there IS a weapon swap), and precision strike (either CD, energy, or adding a greater cast time/wind up). Rev can live almost as long as a bunker while playing marauder, and that is just imbalanced.

If a rev is going to have all the hard defense AND damage, then it needs to be slow and have no teleports. It is still just currently just a thief with way better defense and no real weakness.

Rev changes

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

After just some initial testing, I am pretty sure Rev. is still S tier. It was only ever weak to condi spam, and condi builds have much less sustain without merc amulet (making them susceptible to rev burst even more).

Rev honestly needs a nerf to its hard defenses (evades, blocks, invulns), burst from procs (legend swap shouldn’t proc sigils since there IS a weapon swap), and precision strike (either CD, energy, or adding a greater cast time/wind up). Rev can live almost as long as a bunker while playing marauder, and that is just imbalanced.

If a rev is going to have all the hard defense AND damage, then it needs to be slow and have no teleports. It is still just currently just a thief with way better defense and no real weakness.

The sigils proccing on profession mechanics isn’t unique to Revenant – Necromancer also has that since HoT. Not counting professions which had it before.

Revenant needs, like someone said, to come out of beta first. It has so limited viable toolset that if you keep on nerfing defensives you won’t really kill Power Rev that is a problem – you will kill every single Revenant build, because all are forced to use more or less the same set of weapons/defensives/traits/skills. The profession isn’t finished.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)