Rev counterplay?

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

So what is the counterplay to Revs? They move very fast and seem to be able to block and evade pretty much all attacks in a 1v1. I think this class still needs a lot of tuning.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

then what you think is wrong. revenant was already nerfed and is now close to unviable against opponents that actually think about what they do. 3/5 revenant legends are also useless and never get slotted at all while the other 2 have been nerfed yesterday.. but hey, it’s thanks to people like you that those nerfs get implemented.
no offense, just the truth.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

Maybe you are not playing Rev right then, because the good ones seem more than viable with little counterplay.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Don’t hit them while they’re in Glint heal, you’ve just effectively countered half of what makes Revs good.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: ZilPui.9176

ZilPui.9176

Condition damage sh*ts on revenants, we got no viable way to remove conditions…

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Revs are pub stompers. They are good in very low levels of play vs newer, unorganized players (all of their sustain requires YOU to attack them)

I could be wrong but I don’t think we’ll be seeing much of them at high levels of tourny play.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Revs are pub stompers. They are good in very low levels of play vs newer, unorganized players (all of their sustain requires YOU to attack them)

I could be wrong but I don’t think we’ll be seeing much of them at high levels of tourny play.

We’ll see in the next esl whether the abjured utilizes 2 again or not.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

So what is the counterplay to Revs? They move very fast and seem to be able to block and evade pretty much all attacks in a 1v1. I think this class still needs a lot of tuning.

play a reaper. Easy win

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Rev dmg is out of charts, 6k dmg with CoR every 2 sec is bad. 3k autoattacks with hammer and that annoying sword teleport UA.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

1v1 wise play a condition class and rev gets kitten on. Dont hit them in glint heal and you stand a chance. Youll need to burst them fast though. They have too many active defenses against power builds so you probably wont win if youre power. Unless youre a chronomancer.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Rev dmg is out of charts, 6k dmg with CoR every 2 sec is bad. 3k autoattacks with hammer and that annoying sword teleport UA.

So in otherwords you’d like to nerf the class further even though it has been only out a week. The class already feels useless even though it outputs the damage of a theif without the reliability of stealth.

There is roughly 5 condition removals to boot, none of which are easy to use since energy is needed to use them. It is growing very tiring to see these nerfs threads when players who call them out haven’t even played the class long enough to understand its weakness.

(edited by Wolfs Shadow.7234)

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Step 1 bring something unblockable, which most classes have. Im not going to argue that crystal hibernation trait is pretty god kitten annoying though.
Step 2 hit them with conditions, they have literally nothing to deal with them other than one trait, which removes one condition on legend swap. I fought a burn engi on my rev and I couldn’t do a kitten thing against it.
Step 3 focus them, they’re squishy, especially in shiro and if you force all their stun breaks (they’ll dodge once after) they’ll be out of things to do.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

stack toughness and protection. thats your counter… stop running glass cannon.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

So in otherwords you’d like to nerf the class further even though it has been only out a week. The class already feels useless even though it outputs the damage of a theif without the reliability of stealth.

There is roughly 5 condition removals to boot, none of which are easy to use since energy is needed to use them. It is growing very tiring to see these nerfs threads when players who call them out haven’t even played the class long enough to understand its weakness.

There are no weaknesses when a dps revenant can tank 3 ppl while doing insane dmg.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

ZilPui.9176

There are no weaknesses when a dps revenant can tank 3 ppl while doing insane dmg.

Those 3 ppl must have sucked really bad or they all run FotM power builds, Revenant can’t tank condi dmg for kitten .

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

They need their sustain reduced that’s for dang sure. Waaaay to much evade when using the swordxsword/hammer. No other class gets to hit you with its burst attack while evading whatever you might retaliate with.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

Those 3 ppl must have sucked really bad or they all run FotM power builds, Revenant can’t tank condi dmg for kitten .

I don’t talk about condi dmg. Read better.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

ZilPui.9176

I don’t talk about condi dmg. Read better.

You talk about rev having no weakness, i just pointed out that rev is super weak to conditions (aka weakness)

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Don’t hit them while they’re in Glint heal, you’ve just effectively countered half of what makes Revs good.

Yeah, I have healed up revs so often while they were in Glint heal^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Woot im a warrior.1563

Woot im a warrior.1563

Is there an easy way to tell which stance a Revenant is in or do you have to wait for them to use a heal/utility?

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

You answer yourself. ‘They seem’ which means you have no clue what youre dealing with. Nor do you say anything about what legends you are facing and weapons they use, what skills that you struggle against as class X, again clueless and demand nerf. I best them on my ranger because i know how they work, for instance I dont hit them while infuse light is up. Thank you for providing nothing, have a nice day.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Learn their animations (most notably their incoming damage to health conversion abilities). Much like Warrior all their good abilities have HUGE tells which become harder and harder to land at higher levels of play.

@Woot I’m a Warrior

They have an icon for their stance under their nameplate. They also have a glow affect matching the stance they are in. Green for Shiro, purple for Mallyx, everything glows for Herald.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

ZilPui.9176

Is there an easy way to tell which stance a Revenant is in or do you have to wait for them to use a heal/utility?

Revenants hands glow with the color of their legend (for example: while invoking Shiro the hands glow green) not sure if other players can see it tho.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

If you think rev has too much sustain, it’s you who is giving them the sustain.

They might have two heals, but they use Herald, which heal doesn’t even give them 2HP if you’re using your brain and then Shiro, which has quite an easy counterplay, too.

Crystal hibernation can be interrupted, Unrelenting Assault can be interrupted, Phase Traversal now has a cd. What exactly do you want? For the class to be completely unviable?

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

They might have two heals, but they use Herald, which heal doesn’t even give them 2HP if you’re using your brain and then Shiro, which has quite an easy counterplay, too.

Crystal hibernation can be interrupted, Unrelenting Assault can be interrupted, Phase Traversal now has a cd. What exactly do you want? For the class to be completely unviable?

AU nerf thats for sure.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Laraley.7695

AU nerf thats for sure.

Learn to interrupt.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

AU nerf thats for sure.

Learn to interrupt.

I don’t need to Anet will interrupt that soon

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Laraley.7695

AU nerf thats for sure.

Learn to interrupt.

I just think it’s hilarious how you defend DH in every single topic, saying how it’s not OP at all, but then you proceed to whine for nerfs of every other class. Maybe you should look for the problem somewhere else? If you’re not willing to use all the counterplay given to you, then not sure what to tell you.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I think they do. I have had a Reaper ranting at me today, shouting at Rev’s for being OP. Reapers are currently top tier in PvP right now and if you know what your doing, you can dominate. This guy wasn’t blocking, didnt’ evade/dodge, didn’t time ANY of his burst abilities. Pounded on me when Glint was on etc… etc…

Rev is a great class if played well, it has counterplay, lot’s of counterplay but people as per usual don’t want to put the effort in to figure out and think about what’s the best way to beat them.

It’s the same with Dragon Hunters, if you think I’m OP on a Rev, you should see me on a trap DH. And I bet the same people who run repeatedly into my traps and allow me to telegraph my burst onto them, are the very same people who will run to the forums and cry about it.

It’s getting tiresome.

OH and Pro Tip. Conditions absolutely wreck Rev’s. So go play a condi spam cheese bunker or something.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Anet please nerf Revenant too many people having problem doing their dailies in pvp. Are you really interested on how to counter revenant or just calling attention for nerf if you want to learn how to counter revenant i’m willing to duel you with my Rev. I hate people asking for nerf instead of theorycrafting first on a build to counter the profession.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

AU nerf thats for sure.

Learn to interrupt.

I just think it’s hilarious how you defend DH in every single topic, saying how it’s not OP at all, but then you proceed to whine for nerfs of every other class. Maybe you should look for the problem somewhere else? If you’re not willing to use all the counterplay given to you, then not sure what to tell you.

I just saying DH now is solid with all those nerfs but revenants need to be look at. Some of their skills are over the top atm. (UA and CoR are one of them)

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

revenant is close to being unviable.. stop crying just because you don’t want to dodge unrelenting assault or stop attacking infuse light.. and compared to other dps builds dragonhunter is still on a whole different level.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

revenant is close to being unviable.. stop crying just because you don’t want to dodge unrelenting assault or stop attacking infuse light.. and compared to other dps builds dragonhunter is still on a whole different level.

You literally can’t dodge all of UA…. even if you do blow a double dodge on UA or a 1200 range teleport, it will still be off cooldown in 12 seconds. There’s no punishment for spamming UA.

Vipassana

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

You literally can’t dodge all of UA…. even if you do blow a double dodge on UA or a 1200 range teleport, it will still be off cooldown in 12 seconds. There’s no punishment for spamming UA.

Tell me what else you have to dodge from sword revenants? Also you know the more foes around rev using ua the lower dmg it is? Or that it break on stealth/hard cc? Or that you can interrupt it before it goes off and put it on 12cd? L2p plox.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

FeelsAlright.5860

Tell me what else you have to dodge from sword revenants? Also you know the more foes around rev using ua the lower dmg it is? Or that it break on stealth/hard cc? Or that you can interrupt it before it goes off and put it on 12cd? L2p plox.

You realize they can switch weapon sets right? And those weapon sets have things you need to dodge? Double dodging is not counterplay.

The skill is poorly designed. Look at any hard hitting channeled skill. 100b, pistol whip, blurred frenzy. ALL of them root you and require sufficient set up. All UA requires is that you don’t spam it off cooldown when surrounded by people. It’s entirely too strong in a 1v1.

Vipassana

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

You realize they can switch weapon sets right? And those weapon sets have things you need to dodge? Double dodging is not counterplay.

The skill is poorly designed. Look at any hard hitting channeled skill. 100b, pistol whip, blurred frenzy. ALL of them root you and require sufficient set up. All UA requires is that you don’t spam it off cooldown when surrounded by people. It’s entirely too strong in a 1v1.

You do realize that sword is our highest dmg wep and that staff “burst” was nerfed already? Nobody will swap to hammer in melee either unless a evade is needed badly cus hammer is too weak in melee. Also i have seen people doing fine vs rev already and its so “hard hitting” ua. Also the game is not really balanced around 1v1 and its easily noticeable by ua nature.. if you want to kill rev bring condi build.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Look at any hard hitting channeled skill. 100b, pistol whip, blurred frenzy. ALL of them root you and require sufficient set up.

You mean like rapid fire which hits harder than blurred frenzy, does so from “1500” range, whilst on the move…

As for required set up, you mean like the “highly skilled” setup of pistol whip with its inbuilt stun.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

FeelsAlright.5860

You do realize that sword is our highest dmg wep and that staff “burst” was nerfed already? Nobody will swap to hammer in melee either unless a evade is needed badly cus hammer is too weak in melee. Also i have seen people doing fine vs rev already and its so “hard hitting” ua. Also the game is not really balanced around 1v1 and its easily noticeable by ua nature.. if you want to kill rev bring condi build.

The skill still requires no setup.
Has no counterplay (double dodging is not counterplay)
Has no risk.

This is bad design.

Vipassana

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

I’ve been using a burning scrapper and I’ve had good success fighting revs.

Build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancTB1ah1XBWXBEqiF2iiO4H+kH8DLxAQsjminA-TJRIABA8AAiY/hiKD07JAAA

Rotation I use:

1º) while he’s engaging start by using pistol 1 the when he gets at point blank use 2 (with incendiary ammo, you can save it for step 2 on skill 1…)
2º) switch to flamethrower and use 5, then proceed to use 1, 4 and 2 (blast for more might)
3º) switch to pistol and kite (pistol 5 to gain distance, use it at point blank so it’s harder to miss and pistol 3 when he gets too close for comfort)
4º) switch to flamethrower and use 3 for the push back
5º) go back to step 1

Things to keep in mind:

-Save your dodges for when you don’t have pistol 3, 5 and flamethrower 3 and 5 available)
-If you hit him and his health starts going up, turn tail and stop attacking for 4 seconds.
-Save elixir S as your oh kitten button
-If you need to disengage pop your elite (if he follows sneak gyro, detonate it, you’ll get 4 seconds of stealth, if still needed at the end of the 4 seconds throw elixir S so you get even more time to disengage) heal up and resume offensive rotation
-Sneak gyro tips (don’t use swiftness, you’ll outrun it, don’t jump over things he’ll get stuck)
-Use elixir B as soon as it’s up…unless you’re disengaging…see above

Hope this helps

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

(edited by Talyn Sneider.1825)

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Has no risk.

This is bad design.

Yeah? I could say the same about steal, insta shatter, insta 12 stacks of burn from guard, slick shoes bypassing evades, stealth bursts and so on. UA is far from being broken compared to some of the stuff going on here nowdays. At least you have clean animation and know when it coming. And btw..you can also teleport away during windup animation as the skill will fail. Its simply l2p issue /thread

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Has no risk.

This is bad design.

I have to know what class you play to be this bad at countering a skill which doesn’t work unless you fight someone who doesn’t know what they are doing.

List of counterplay because thinking is hard for you.

Stealth
Moving next to a wall
Moving next to your group
Interrupting the very obvious cast
dodge
block
invuln

Every class in this game can counter a rev in some fashion.
It isn’t hard, unless you’re bad.
Sword has all of one attack you need to dodge.
Staff has all of one attack you can side step
Get in melee when the rev has a hammer.

It’s like people just picked up the game.
This is basic stuff.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

They need their sustain reduced that’s for dang sure. Waaaay to much evade when using the swordxsword/hammer. No other class gets to hit you with its burst attack while evading whatever you might retaliate with.

Mes and Ele both 100% mitigate hits and deal damage at the same time.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Vague Memory.2817

I play Mes, and you are talking nonsense.

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

So you don’t have Blurred Frenzy which makes you 100% invulnerable and you deal damage at the same time? You also don’t have Distortion Shatter which makes you invulnerable and you can still use your own skills for damage?

Are you sure you play Mes?

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

You don’t play mes enough then, because he is 100% right.

Minus clones.
You can stealth
blurred frenzy
CC
Distort
and block
and our Condi build pretty much shuts rev’s down.

That’s how my mes has been countering rev’s.
Play it more, because you are really, really wrong.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: SBazilisk.6143

SBazilisk.6143

Mes, Ele, Warrior GS 3, Thief….. there’s probably others that I’m just forgetting….

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Each legend shows as a buff on their bar. Whichever one is active has an icon.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

Rev counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Anet should make a rules now before listening to this L2P post a video on how you play then prove it that you really know how to play your class. Maybe while UA you are just standing watching how cool the animation is and go here ask for nerf most of the good players in pvp now dodge or counter my UA and most players that get rekt by it is either not dodging or doing something to counter it just plain circling hoping Anet will nerf it. Oh and now our Stability on dodge is your problem kitten this is seriously bad go play super mario or pacman you guys seem wont be happy while you don’t win every match against rev bad is bad l2p is l2p.