Rev hammer auto hits harder than True Shot

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

With Assassin’s Annihilation currently bugged to deal 600% of its intended damage (over 900% in PvE), Rev hammer auto attacks hits harder than True Shots as long as its hitting from the side/behind.

GG anet, GG.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

So hammer is finally viable and not a trash weapon which noone wants to touch with a stick? kitten . Nerf asap to trash state again

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Revs damage seems to be a bit out of line in general.

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Give us cleanse and I’ll happily give up some damage

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

With Assassin’s Annihilation currently bugged to deal 600% of its intended damage (over 900% in PvE), Rev hammer auto attacks hits harder than True Shots as long as its hitting from the side/behind.

GG anet, GG.

Assassin’s Annihilation is Disabled for now according to Gaile.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

remove blocks =]

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

No you won’t, because you do. You have two legends that can handle conditions, but you don’t run them because you don’t want to give up the damage that Glint/Shiro provide.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

No you won’t, because you do. You have two legends that can handle conditions, but you don’t run them because you don’t want to give up the damage that Glint/Shiro provide.

Mallyx is reserved for condi builds which not everyone wants to run. Ventari is straight up useless and suggesting to replace either Shiro or Glint with it makes you look stupid.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

revs have legends that specialize in dealing with conditions, you don’t get to pick and choose and decide that the current strongest power build in the game whose only weakness is to conditions get to have amazing condition cleanse too.

you don’t get to have your cake, eat it, then ask for a second cake and a pie too.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Mallyx is reserved for condi builds which not everyone wants to run. Ventari is straight up useless and suggesting to replace either Shiro or Glint with it makes you look stupid.

No, your response is moronic. You said give up damage for some cleanse. You have that option now, but guess what? You don’t want to give up the damage and utility of the other two legends. Your statement should read, “I want to keep all of the damage and utility of Shiro/Glint AND want cleanses”. Just because you don’t want to play it, don’t say it isn’t available to you.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

revs have legends that specialize in dealing with conditions, you don’t get to pick and choose and decide that the current strongest power build in the game whose only weakness is to conditions get to have amazing condition cleanse too.

you don’t get to have your cake, eat it, then ask for a second cake and a pie too.

Thieve’s have the strongest direct power build. They also have cleanses. Seems if you pick and choose professions you can have your cake…eat it..and throw a pie in their face. Warriors also have some very strong hybrid damage builds that also have cleanses. I guess they get to have cake, eat it, throw a pie in your face and then make you pay for the cost of that pie including shipping and handling.

Not too sound rude, but this whole “cake and eat it…” thing isn’t credible.

By this thinking it is reasonable for players to also say, “Necro..you don’t get have one of the strongest conditions builds, cleanses, minions, toughness and shouts all in the same build”..Yet currently they do have all 5 in one build.

Just saying.

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Thieve’s have the strongest direct power build. They also have cleanses. Seems if you pick and choose professions you can have your cake…eat it..and throw a pie in their face. Warriors also have some very strong hybrid damage builds that also have cleanses. I guess they get to have cake, eat it, throw a pie in your face and then make you pay for the cost of that pie including shipping and handling.

Not too sound rude, but this whole “cake and eat it…” thing isn’t credible.

By this thinking it is reasonable for players to also say, “Necro..you don’t get have one of the strongest conditions builds, cleanses, minions, toughness and shouts all in the same build”..Yet currently they do have all 5 in one build.

Just saying.

miss by a mile

in PvP

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Thief dies if you look at it hard enough, and most of their ability to cleanse is centered around evading unless they take acro, which is still worse than DD. Very weak argument

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

No, your response is moronic. You said give up damage for some cleanse. You have that option now, but guess what? You don’t want to give up the damage and utility of the other two legends. Your statement should read, “I want to keep all of the damage and utility of Shiro/Glint AND want cleanses”. Just because you don’t want to play it, don’t say it isn’t available to you.

Why don’t you show us how viable Ventari is?

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Hey superstar…did anyone say it was viable? You quite plainly said you would give up some damage for cleanses. You have the option, but you’re not willing to give up the damage for the cleanses.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Hey superstar…did anyone say it was viable? You quite plainly said you would give up some damage for cleanses. You have the option, but you’re not willing to give up the damage for the cleanses.

Rev mains be like:

“We need more cleanses, we will trade our damage for condition removal options!,”

Has options but never want to use them.

#revlogic

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Rev mains be like:

“We need more cleanses, we will trade our damage for condition removal options!,”

#revlogic

Have you tried ventari? Or Jalis? Guess not otherwise you wouldnt come up with this bs

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Rev mains be like:

#revlogic

Have you tried ventari? Or Jalis? Guess not otherwise you wouldnt come up with this bs

If you wanna bring out the not viable argument, don’t. All the people here are saying, you have cleanses but you don’t wanna use them. The point here is that YOU HAVE THEM.

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Rev mains be like:

#revlogic

If you wanna bring out the not viable argument, don’t. All the people here are saying, you have cleanses but you don’t wanna use them. The point here is that YOU HAVE THEM.

If i try to use ventari i will be a running freekill to anyone. 0 sustain, 0 stunbreaks on top of the need to micromanage tablet which wont be possible at all in zerker amulet.

The point is unless you give rev possibility of mixing utility skills you cant go out and say they have cleanses. There is difference between wanting to get cleanses and crippling yourself. Atm revs has better chances fighting condi builds with no condi removal as funny as it sound. Picking up Ventari means death to both power and condi builds.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Rev mains be like:

#revlogic

If i try to use ventari i will be a running freekill to anyone. 0 sustain, 0 stunbreaks on top of the need to micromanage tablet which wont be possible at all in zerker amulet.

The point is unless you give rev possibility of mixing utility skills you cant go out and say they have cleanses. There is difference between wanting to get cleanses and crippling yourself. Atm revs has better chances fighting condi builds with no condi removal as funny as it sound. Picking up Ventari means death to both power and condi builds.

This is just a part of the main problem, thing is the condition spamming in this game is just too braindead and rampant.

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

I will give up damage for cleanses. I will not give up viability for cleanses, which I should not even have to say. It is a basic assumption that viability comes first. Learn the kittening difference and quit being dense.

in PvP

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I will give up damage for cleanses. I will not give up viability for cleanses, which I should not even have to say. It is a basic assumption that viability comes first. Learn the kittening difference and quit being dense.

Well said, Beep. And I understood your point perfectly. I’m sure most players that read what you said understood you as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Stigas.9378

Stigas.9378

Thread derailment is one of the strongest Rev abilities. Nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Rev doesn’t seem very powerful at all to me, I’ve been soloing then with my warrior using nothing but a long bow.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Revs are weak to conditions but too strong against non-condition classes. So… Most people switch to conditions when they see a rev or two on the other team.

Nerf Shiro/Glint and then give condition mitigation. Or leave it as is so we can continue to stomp those filthy noobs who try to slot an OP class for easy win!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Archon.6480

Rev doesn’t seem very powerful at all to me, I’ve been soloing then with my warrior using nothing but a long bow.

Ha, ha! I think that’s the point. They fall pretty fast to Sw/T – A/D, but they deserve it for having such broken OP abilities. I can’t begin to tell you how frustrating it is to be pulled out of your well timed evasive skill by some noob who pressed 5 on rev staff at the wrong time. How is it skill when you can’t evade?

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Ha, ha! I think that’s the point. They fall pretty fast to Sw/T – A/D, but they deserve it for having such broken OP abilities. I can’t begin to tell you how frustrating it is to be pulled out of your well timed evasive skill by some noob who pressed 5 on rev staff at the wrong time. How is it skill when you can’t evade?

I don’t know, I was never really great with revenant, ( probably becuz it’s new and haven’t really messed around with it much yet in pvp) but I wanted to practice and maybe get better with it but now I can’t it just sucks so bad, so I switched to warrior and haven’t lost one battle yet xD

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Press V.

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

Evade into the rev or to the side, not backwards. This is not a hard attack to dodge once you see it coming, and revs often make it VERY obvious.

in PvP

Archon.6480

Evade into the rev or to the side, not backwards. This is not a hard attack to dodge once you see it coming, and revs often make it VERY obvious.

Agreed, it’s not hard to dodge, but it is bugged and rips you out of dodge skills and evasive skills half the time. I’ve had it rip me out of SW-3, SW-2, and D-4. It once rubber banded me out of Sw-2 and put me right in the line of attack to take full damage.

So, fix that, or let them curl up and roast under condition pressure. I vote for the latter.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

Agreed, it’s not hard to dodge, but it is bugged and rips you out of dodge skills and evasive skills half the time. I’ve had it rip me out of SW-3, SW-2, and D-4. It once rubber banded me out of Sw-2 and put me right in the line of attack to take full damage.

So, fix that, or let them curl up and roast under condition pressure. I vote for the latter.

Never experienced a bug with evading Staff 5 ever yet.

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

Never experienced a bug with evading Staff 5 ever yet.

He probably is playing with over 120 ping. Nothing wrong with revenant though. I’ve never been rubber banded into the line of sight for the staff #5 Actually no skill “rubber bands” me unless I lag.

in PvP

Archon.6480

He probably is playing with over 120 ping. Nothing wrong with revenant though. I’ve never been rubber banded into the line of sight for the staff #5 Actually no skill “rubber bands” me unless I lag.

Hm… I wonder. Was playing earlier today and had no trouble evading it with dagger-4. Pulled that off twice. Maybe I was lagging the other times, or it was fixed with patch?

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

Hm… I wonder. Was playing earlier today and had no trouble evading it with dagger-4. Pulled that off twice. Maybe I was lagging the other times, or it was fixed with patch?

It never did what you described.

Ontopic, unless hammer autoattack crits for 11k then no, it is not hitting as hard as true shot and the title is bogus.

in PvP

Archon.6480

Ontopic, unless hammer autoattack crits for 11k then no, it is not hitting as hard as true shot and the title is bogus.

I call BS on that, but it’s a moot point now because they are quite manageable after the recent balance patch.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

The biggest TS ive ever hit in pvp (at legendx13 and includes weekly tournies and AG and PL S1) was 8k. I did it twice. Both were with 20 vuln and 15 might. The last time I did it I was accidentally running the 10% more damage on cripple trait.
So yeah feel as you want. I’d say the average TS hits around 3.5-4k. Last night I was dueling Faov and my TS hit for 1.5k against a marauder rev. You know the game is balanced when his precision strike doubles my TS crits and his autos equal my TS crits.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

The biggest TS ive ever hit in pvp (at legendx13 and includes weekly tournies and AG and PL S1) was 8k. I did it twice. Both were with 20 vuln and 15 might. The last time I did it I was accidentally running the 10% more damage on cripple trait.
So yeah feel as you want. I’d say the average TS hits around 3.5-4k. Last night I was dueling Faov and my TS hit for 1.5k against a marauder rev. You know the game is balanced when his precision strike doubles my TS crits and his autos equal my TS crits.

My thief has been shot for 11k. Needless to say it was no fun as I instadied.

Meanwhile I shred revenants by the dozen on the thief. Hax precision strike I guess.

Not sure if true or just l2p issue.

Don’t you dare claim that thief is hardcounter for the rev.

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

You will not give up over budget utilities for balanced ones. Start picking apart Glint and Shiro abilities that you want to prune and replace with a cleanse. Let’s see which ones you’re going to give up.

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

ESL…top tier players getting burst down by Surge every single match.

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

ESL doesnt mean a kitten. Most of these guys there are terrible and i have no issue to wrecking them 1v1 (which i did many times during ranked). Just bc they play in esl doesnt mean they are any good. Anyone can form a team and play in esl really.
Basing balance around few players in “top” is just wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

ESL doesnt mean a kitten. Most of these guys there are terrible and i have no issue to wrecking them 1v1 (which i did many times during ranked). Just bc they play in esl doesnt mean they are any good. Anyone can form a team and play in esl really.

classic bad player who thinks he’s good cuz he has a 1v1 based build

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

So, let me know of what your team is when you compete during the next season. This way I can cheer you on as you win the tournament.

That all being said, your next statement doesn’t make any sense. If they were so bad, then we wouldn’t be balancing around the top tier players.

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

I believe you forgot to “dc” during a match, i mean ragequit. Try, it help sometimes! I wont say who is the “bad classic player” here or more like ragequitter/afker/flamer in this case

So, let me know of what your team is when you compete during the next season. This way I can cheer you on as you win the tournament.

That all being said, your next statement doesn’t make any sense. If they were so bad, then we wouldn’t be balancing around the top tier players.

Im not interested in this circus on wheels. Also its not like im not focusing on an actual esport game. Gw2 takes close to 0 skill in current state compared to what it was 3 years ago. For example quickness always came with a negative effect (and the utility had long cd) like taking extra damage, losing endurance – nowdays quickness is spamable with 0 drawbacks not to mention tons of passives.
Btw. this game is not balanced around top in case you didnt know. For example look at recent dh nerfs (wvw) or why they buffed thief autoattack to ridiculous levels (pve).

You cant have pros when the game is braindead button smashing. Invidual skill doesnt matter much anymore.

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

I believe you forgot to “dc” during a match, i mean ragequit. Try, it help sometimes! I wont say who is the “bad classic player” here or more like ragequitter/afker/flamer in this case

Im not interested in this circus on wheels. Also its not like im not focusing on an actual esport game. Gw2 takes close to 0 skill in current state compared to what it was 3 years ago. For example quickness always came with a negative effect (and the utility had long cd) like taking extra damage, losing endurance – nowdays quickness is spamable with 0 drawbacks not to mention tons of passives.
Btw. this game is not balanced around top in case you didnt know. For example look at recent dh nerfs (wvw) or why they buffed thief autoattack to ridiculous levels (pve).

You cant have pros when the game is braindead button smashing. Invidual skill doesnt matter much anymore.

I figured since it would have just been easy money you would just toss a team together and shreck everyone. Get dat easy monies doe!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

You know there is a trait that causes your legend swap to cleanse a condition (in addition to the stun break it already does) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Channel
All on a 10 second cool down.

Also given how high rev burst is its certainly not out of the question to use http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Generosity & or http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Purity

Even with both of them on your weapons you will still have some pretty good burst.

in PvP

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

My nose bled last night and it was not Johnny.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Im not interested in this circus on wheels. Also its not like im not focusing on an actual esport game. Revenant takes close to 0 skill in current state For example quickness always came with a negative effect (and the utility had long cd) like taking extra damage, losing endurance – nowdays quickness is spamable with 0 drawbacks not to mention tons of passives.

Corrected it for you.

Btw, game is balanced through top tier 5v5 conquest. You saying its not lost all your credibility on this thread. Sorry.

PS: Thief needed the buff OR it was rather revs needed a shave, the reason why you don’t see thieves or warriors because revs somewhat do their jobs better (cept for thief mobility to an extent)

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Im not interested in this circus on wheels. Also its not like im not focusing on an actual esport game. Revenant takes close to 0 skill in current state For example quickness always came with a negative effect (and the utility had long cd) like taking extra damage, losing endurance – nowdays quickness is spamable with 0 drawbacks not to mention tons of passives.

Corrected it for you.

Btw, game is balanced through top tier 5v5 conquest. You saying its not lost all your credibility on this thread. Sorry.

PS: Thief needed the buff OR it was rather revs needed a shave, the reason why you don’t see thieves or warriors because revs somewhat do their jobs better (cept for thief mobility to an extent)

A large portion of the changes occurring for the guardian are aimed toward reducing the dragonhunter’s group controlling and killing capacity in WvW while toning down its ranged spike damage capability prevalent in other areas. With that being said, we want to keep the dragonhunter competitive and still dealing high damage, but we want the damage dealt a little less instantly than before. The guardian is also going to be receiving some of the same target caps on its wall abilities while seeing some cooldown reductions on its base virtues.

Im sorry? Who lost all credibility here? Or maybe this?

Damage Changes
These damage modifiers were reduced, as they applied too much spike damage to targets at range and didn’t allow for enough counterplay. We do want to keep ranged combat viable in WvW scenarios, but we don’t want it to be the best option in open-field combat. As with the other changes, we’ll continue to watch and make adjustments where it’s deemed necessary.
True Shot: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 20%.
Gun Flame: The physical damage of this primal burst has been reduced by 20%. Fixed an issue that allowed this burst to hit enemies twice. This burst no longer pierces but still delivers the area-of-effect attack. Fixed a bug that caused the tool tip to show a decrease in damage when the Burst Mastery trait was in use.

Thats balance around top tier 5v5 conquest for you? Keep up the good job, maybe one day you become a politic.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)