Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Hmmm

Burning Speed
Flanking Strike
Whirlwind Attack
Blurred Frenzy
Swoop

I could keep going, but the number of attacks that allow you to attack your target while evading or immune to damage is pretty long.

We should all be pretty familiar with how to deal with these kinds of skills by now.

Not even going to bother on anything but Blurred Frenzy because the rest are kittened. Blurred Frenzy doesn’t teleport you on top of the person while you are doing it, by simply moving out of the way you stop taking damage. UA also does nearly double the base damage and has more than double the power scaling while giving 7 stacks of might.

So you’ve clearly never played Mesmer before as you would clearly know that Illusionary Leap comes before the Blurred Frenzy and Shatter and take you straight to your target and immobilizes them.

How about this though: the mere fact you know its coming should be solution enough for you to prepare to deal with it.

Seriously, stop playing the victim waiting for the devs to save you with a magical patch and get proactive. It is not a show stopper. Stop being dramatic.

So you clearly don’t know how to fight Mesmers because Illusionary Leap should always be dodged.

So you’re that guy who has to twist and fabricate the context in order to keep himself in the conversation. No wonder you’re struggling against singular skills.

I’m done here.

What you don’t dodge Illusionary Leap? Get good before you give me advice please.

Rev sword 3 - No counter play?

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Hmmm

Burning Speed
Flanking Strike
Whirlwind Attack
Blurred Frenzy
Swoop

I could keep going, but the number of attacks that allow you to attack your target while evading or immune to damage is pretty long.

We should all be pretty familiar with how to deal with these kinds of skills by now.

Not even going to bother on anything but Blurred Frenzy because the rest are kittened. Blurred Frenzy doesn’t teleport you on top of the person while you are doing it, by simply moving out of the way you stop taking damage. UA also does nearly double the base damage and has more than double the power scaling while giving 7 stacks of might.

So you’ve clearly never played Mesmer before as you would clearly know that Illusionary Leap comes before the Blurred Frenzy and Shatter and take you straight to your target and immobilizes them.

How about this though: the mere fact you know its coming should be solution enough for you to prepare to deal with it.

Seriously, stop playing the victim waiting for the devs to save you with a magical patch and get proactive. It is not a show stopper. Stop being dramatic.

So you clearly don’t know how to fight Mesmers because Illusionary Leap should always be dodged.

So you’re that guy who has to twist and fabricate the context in order to keep himself in the conversation. No wonder you’re struggling against singular skills.

I’m done here.

What you don’t dodge Illusionary Leap? Get good before you give me advice please.

On the contrary, I avoid iLeap AND Rev Sword 3. I’m already good. Thanks though.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Hmmm

Burning Speed
Flanking Strike
Whirlwind Attack
Blurred Frenzy
Swoop

I’m done here.

On the contrary, I avoid iLeap AND Rev Sword 3. I’m already good. Thanks though.

So why would you mention it in the first place. You “avoid” UA by dodging 2 times, 3 to completely avoid it. You avoid a Mesmers entire combo by dodging Illusionary Leap if you are any good at killing clones.

in PvP

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Now the thread has turn into a kitten measuring contest.

Okay, I guess it’s done.

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Fine. Just ignore the Necro…

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

What about just making it an AoE attack where you attack everything in the area?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

It has the same counterplay as any power skill.

Block
Evade
Positioning
Invuln
Dodge
Defensive boons
CC (initial cast)

Additionally, on damage, you cannot reasonably expect to have your cake and eat it too.
Meaning that if you run glass cannon builds, you will be wrecked by other glass cannons who get the jump on you.
This is beyond obvious and clearly by good design.

May I suggest less hyperbolic whinge and more thoughful practice? Don’t be a Redditor

Good luck, OP, I believe in you.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You guys are crazy. UA has so many counter plays it’s ridiculous
If you’re a Mesmer you have clones and the damage is instantly 1/3 or less. Or you could stealth, or pop a distortion, or even dodge and eat a little bit
Engi stealth or spawn gyro to cut damage in half and dodge once – most damage mitigated
Teef stealth or interrupt with pistol 4
Ranger pet – damage is halved combined with 1 dodge mitigates most damage
Ele shocking aura interrupts – mist form or burning speed and a dodge
Warrior, infinite dodges or endure?? GS 3 and 1 dodge?? Shield block?
Do I really have to go on? UA is literally 90% of a revs entire weapon set pressure and is stupid easy to avoid

Thanks for bringing this up. I can’t stand how big the l2p issue is here with some few people.

Rofl, with the exception of shocking aura, all he offered was “Dodge, block, invuln, or tank it”. Other than that, stealth doesn’t break a channeled attack, and you can’t “interrupt with pistol 4” since you can’t hit an evading target.

So yeah, certainly a l2p issue -_-u

It has a cast time which is easily interrupted (I do it myself)

Yes, you can interrupt casts (though not without LoS, which this skill can be cast without). Well done. You can’t however, interrupt the skills channel because it’s locked behind an evade -_-u

I agree, why do you come to these forums.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

The amount of damage this skill does for being an evade is ridiculous and the damage needs to be nerfed if it is still going to be an evade.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

Guys from my perspective any spell that forces you to instantly burn 2 dodges is broken. Any class that has rotation like “op spell” block, godmode,evade,evade,evade,evade,block,block from trait,evade,evade,evade,knock with evade “op spell” is broken.
Yes it can be blocked, yes you can even knock rev down on this with SShoes on engi.

I started runnning “nothing can save you” shout on reaper to grind noob revs that only block sword 3 block. but dont you guys think that picking 1 utility only to counter revs and guards is a bit too much? Many classes like thief cant rly counter this. You will all say “hurr durr stealth” but aside from instant stealth d/p combo for stealth takes around 1.25 sec what is enough for rev to deal dmg that will force him to never leave stealth again… BUT DONT WORRY Rev can still force him to leave stealth making it easiest target ever. But lets not talk about class balance, lets wait for Leagues and see what class will be abused most. I can bet that DH and Rev will be in top. Chrono is powerful but hard to play so noobs wont like it, thief risks double thief team so no point in risking it, Aura mancer Tempest and bunker druid gonna be fine…

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

In this thread: people who haven’t played Revenant.

At least play the class before you make suggestions, ladies and gentlemen.

in PvP

Posted by: Rejerh.1784

Rejerh.1784

In this thread: people who haven’t played Revenant.

At least play the class before you make suggestions, ladies and gentlemen.

SO TOTALLY AGREED!

Managing your energy bar is far more difficult than people realize. I read many times in this thread how the CDs are short for such amazing results but it happens quite often that you cannot cast your skills because you are running out of energy. Switching legend and weapons is where the difficulty is and it is not as easy as it sounds.

Also, the damage dealt by the 3 of the sword is good but is far from the efficiency of a good bursting profession.
A good mesmer will down you way faster than a good rev imo. A thief that backstabs like a champ will do the same.

Yes the rev. is maybe a bit easier to play than both these professions but I can tell you that rev. is not that OP. It has little stability (one skill and a trait when you dodge if I remember well) so you can CC him quite a bit. DH and Druid are way more OP imo but even then I really think that you can play around their strengths.

Anyway just my take on this topic

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

The amount of damage this skill does for being an evade is ridiculous and the damage needs to be nerfed if it is still going to be an evade.

whenever I see UA hitting for 10k+ while evading and tracking I look at warrior’s 100b, and I just wonder how the heck is that still a stationary skill.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

The skill in itself is a powerful variant, much like a skill each class has, but one really has to look at the rev as a whole to judge it. A Rev that has a powerful UA is in most cases marauder and is often sword shield / hammer or staff. In sword shield theres really no way to stick or do dmg to a kiting/moving target other than UA or impossible odds which drains energy quickly, and often u need that energy to deal with cc. Shield 5 has some healing yes on a marauder, but its a block skill which means many classes have skills that goes through it. When rev switches to Hammer theres a 1 sec evasion, but after that u just gotta sit on him which means its hard to land hammer 2, it’s actually quite wonky in general to use on targets up n close. Do not attempt to go for the kill till infused light is used, after that 2nd UA its a go. Again, condition heavy builds have an easier time as such a rev have the tools vs any power build.

But really Im just rephrasing myself at this point so gonna leave it at that. Glaphen is the guy keeping this thread alive anyway, his mastery level in it is astonishing

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

I love this thread.

Tell people to L2P, but then don’t help them learn.

gg

Someone gave a class by class breakdown of ways to deal with this skill…. What more could you really ask for?

A solution for Necro.

Don’t suck. A Necromancer should never lose 1v1 to a Revenant, especially after the last nerf that buffed our self healing to Godly levels.

Necromancer counters Rev. Sword 3 the same way it counters most everything else… you live through it and kill them when it’s over. Necromancer has always and will always be low on interrupts, blinds, etc. because we are designed to eat damage with our 26k health and 21k Shroud. If you find Rev. Sword 3 to be a game changer you are doing it wrong.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

(edited by Schurge.5194)

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

It’s just a broken skill, combined with two heals, evades (Shiro) and block on shield (Glint) Revenants are too tanky and too mobile at same time.

To tanky!? Have you played a rev before?

Have you played a Thief? Now figure what means squishy.

Joke right ? Thief has 5x more survival skills, better healing and DMG. Maybe L2P your class before you start write on forum.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

whenever I see UA hitting for 10k+ while evading and tracking I look at warrior’s 100b, and I just wonder how the heck is that still a stationary skill.

Blame warrior community that been saying hb is fine the way it is cus they wanted to run their cookie cutter skullcrack lolz build when people asked rework it and make mobile. Olny warrior community is here to blame really and i do not feel sorry for them at all. Actually the opposite.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

I used to think UA was OP but the wind up animation is really easy to see and counter. Think you just have to get used to it.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

I love this thread.

gg

Someone gave a class by class breakdown of ways to deal with this skill…. What more could you really ask for?

A solution for Necro.

Hate to be that guy, but herald rev is countered by conditions and boon stripping. Necro can tank the UA, because rev just straight up loses to it.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in PvP

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

Yea I thought that it was op too. Now I play as rev and this animation is so slow and glichy with short range. You just have to dodge/go out of range and skill fails (450 range).

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

I love this thread.

gg

A solution for Necro.

Hate to be that guy, but herald rev is countered by conditions and boon stripping. Necro can tank the UA, because rev just straight up loses to it.

I love this thread.

gg

A solution for Necro.

Don’t suck. A Necromancer should never lose 1v1 to a Revenant, especially after the last nerf that buffed our self healing to Godly levels.

Necromancer counters Rev. Sword 3 the same way it counters most everything else… you live through it and kill them when it’s over. Necromancer has always and will always be low on interrupts, blinds, etc. because we are designed to eat damage with our 26k health and 21k Shroud. If you find Rev. Sword 3 to be a game changer you are doing it wrong.

Sorry guys, I didn’t know that we were just talking about 1v1’s. This wasn’t a question of Necro vs Rev, it was Necro vs UA, in which case the answer is to take all the damage. Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Yea I thought that it was op too. Now I play as rev and this animation is so slow and glichy with short range. You just have to dodge/go out of range and skill fails (450 range).

Yep, it has a delay before it starts where the user performs a jump upwards before teleporting pretty much giving it all away.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I prefer the quad dodge

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Literally one dodge + backing off after nullifies 100% of the dmg after the initial 1st hit. Its automatic for me now: safe 1 dodge…wait for it….counter it easily.

Are you complainers just not good enough to time one single dodge?

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Blame warrior community that been saying hb is fine the way it is cus they wanted to run their cookie cutter skullcrack lolz build when people asked rework it and make mobile. Olny warrior community is here to blame really and i do not feel sorry for them at all. Actually the opposite.

no. this is the devs game, they are responsible for the state of their classes.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Literally one dodge + backing off after nullifies 100% of the dmg after the initial 1st hit. Its automatic for me now: safe 1 dodge…wait for it….counter it easily.

Are you complainers just not good enough to time one single dodge?

What bullkitten are you trying to spout? Can’t really understand but UA follows you anywhere, I’ve seen it follow a Mesmer through a portal from Keep in Niflhel to Mine. Only way to dodge it is to go out of range of while they are casting it but it has 450 range.

in PvP

Locuz.2651

What bullkitten are you trying to spout? Can’t really understand but UA follows you anywhere, I’ve seen it follow a Mesmer through a portal from Keep in Niflhel to Mine. Only way to dodge it is to go out of range of while they are casting it but it has 450 range.

I really think the 450 yards only counts for the first hit. Dodge + walk back/away always seems to make the abbilitie miss close to everything for subsequent attacks.. Had multiple 1v1s on sidepoints vs revs the last few days…most of the time i lose like 10% of my hp from that attack.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

I really think the 450 yards only counts for the first hit. Dodge + walk back/away always seems to make the abbilitie miss close to everything for subsequent attacks.. Had multiple 1v1s on sidepoints vs revs the last few days…most of the time i lose like 10% of my hp from that attack.

As I said I’ve seen it follow a Mesmer through portal and I play bunker Thief with 50% more dodge range and do double dodge it and it never goes away till it’s over.

in PvP

Locuz.2651

As I said I’ve seen it follow a Mesmer through portal and I play bunker Thief with 50% more dodge range and do double dodge it and it never goes away till it’s over.

Play something tanky like a scrapper and duel a friend on rev….youll see its dodgeable.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Play something tanky like a scrapper and duel a friend on rev….youll see its dodgeable.

I don’t see how that works, already playing a build with tons of dodging and highest dodge range and have far more healing and more toughness than your average celestial Scrapper.

in PvP

Locuz.2651

I don’t see how that works, already playing a build with tons of dodging and highest dodge range and have far more healing and more toughness than your average celestial Scrapper.

Maybe your timing is off…..no idea what else could be the problem. Have an entire guild who can do it yet you cant?

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Maybe your timing is off…..no idea what else could be the problem. Have an entire guild who can do it yet you cant?

Make a video because I can’t understand how you are doing it through text.

in PvP

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

Such tears. If you play a buidl where you can do this damage, you have NO condition clense. Bar 1 every 9 seoncds on revenant switch. If you nerf the attacks that are strong but the ones that are crap and give us condition clense. Mesmers do way more damage than this from what ive played with it and have access to tonnes of clense/invis.

in PvP

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

If you think rev is op, you havn’t played it (Hammer 2 needs a bigger cooldown)

in PvP

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Anyone who sits here and argues that a Revenant is balanced probably mains a Rev. They’re not balanced, not by any stretch of the imagination; this also goes for many elite specs though.

Rev will get balanced like everything else.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Here is the thing. Many of you haven’t played it. You can come here and say you did but you can lie too. The channel is stopped by stealth this is fact. Hours in the new map has confirmed this for me plus pvp. Second, no matter how hard revs can hit they are completely countered by condis. There is no condition management on the class that can handle an actual burst. If they are on there it is pretty much gg. If you are near a wall other players etc as it has been said over and OVER you will not take the brunt of the damage. Rev could be OP but until I see a build that can handle my condi mes (not a chrono) I can’t see it as OP. So far what i have seen is players kitten about things that can be countered. From DH traps to Ranger pets to n evading sword skill. It is SSDD. Either try to get better or give up. No matter what they nerf and how they nerf it you will always be worse than some other player. Accept it and move on.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Anyone who sits here and argues that a Revenant is balanced probably mains a Rev. They’re not balanced, not by any stretch of the imagination; this also goes for many elite specs though.

Rev will get balanced like everything else.

ah, a thief player, who defends it’s own stealth mechanics and want to modify “reveal” and now come here to make things “balanced” so his class can compete with it, pathetic.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Anyway before getting into a broader discussion on counterplay that you’ll have to define terms. What do you mean by counterplay? What do you mean by everything? Another question is, does everything need counterplay? Or more pertinent to this thread, should Unrelenting Assault have counterplay?

counterplay

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

So what you’re saying is, you can just walk outside of Unrelenting Assault’s range? Or not move into it to begin with? Clearly not a Mesmer player.

I have over 1k hours on my mesmer and 6k in game. I’m no Mesmer pro, but I’m a duelist so I know them by playing it and by fighting them.

You’ve got to face the facts. Unrelenting Assault is-

• The damage of hundred blades (not exactly, but it aint no BF either)

UR does no where near as much damage as hundred blades, and it is not cleave damage. It’s proven fact Rev does significantly more dps by auto attacking than by doing UR, the DPS on UR is not that big.

• ..but doesnt root you.

No, but it places you wherever your target is, thus leaving you open to any sort of trap they want to lay. When I duel other revs and they go UR, I laugh and drop a hammer 5 on myself just as they’re about to come out of it and burst hard.

• Can’t be stealthed out from

I might be wrong, but I’ve used it against people before they went into stealth and it stopped working. The skill is so buggy that it might just be due to it being buggy, idk.

• Can’t be teleported away from

This should have been included in it not being kite-able once active (which I concede). No need to add fluff points just to make your case more convincing.

UR is strong in a 1v1 fight, nobody argued otherwise. When will people learn the game is not balance around 1v1. UR’s damage is literally halved by just have 1 other entity (whether it be an npc or a player) present. UR bugs out against walls. UR locks you into follow that target even if he’s planting aoes at his feat for the second you come out of UR. UR can be negated in ways burning speed/blurred frenzy can (ie shocking aura).

Double dodge or block is simply damage mitigation. No more “counterplay” than using a dodge or block for any other single skill in the game -_-u. But if that doesn’t float your boat, regardless of how you look at it, Unrelenting Assault is broken. Dump the evade, let the channel be interrupted. Rev’s will learn not to spam it vs bosses pretty quick if they keep getting downed using it. Problem solved.

Yeah except UR does less DPS than sword auto attacks and the damage becomes horrifyingly bad if there’s more than 1 target present. Not to mention it costs energy. Your nerfs would make the skill completely unusable.

Y’all think too much in terms of 1v1, unrelenting assault is fine as a skill overall because it’s only good for surviva in groups, it does virtually no dps. Unlike blurred frenzy or burning speed, it has one MASSIVE weakness, the fact that it does not cleave. Burning speed and blurred frenzy are amazing for cleave, in blurred frenzy’s case particularly on stationary ones such as downs. UR can’t do this, and this is not just a weakness, but a massive one.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in PvP

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

No counter play?

Drop some conditions on a rev dead.

Dodge, block, retaliation for UA.

If they use glint heal it’s 100% the enimies choice if they themselves heal the rev.

Crystal Hibernation. Extremely noticeable skill, that does not proc anything on blocking, and let’s you know exactly when to attack them.

Phase Traversal. 5 second CD now no one can complain about that facing a rev.

Hammer 2 and 3 skill, just stand slightly elevated on a hill it will miss you.

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

Update: Evasion preventing skills stop UA.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

What? For example?

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

What? For example?

You can possibly pull with a Guardian/DH tether but I haven’t tested, barriers don’t work and that is evasion prevention. Only ones I can think of.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

What? For example?

You can possibly pull with a Guardian/DH tether but I haven’t tested, barriers don’t work and that is evasion prevention. Only ones I can think of.

Er.. I dont think you can classify them as evasion prevention as thats not their main purpose. Its just a coincidental indirect effect of the skill.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

You have no idea what you are talking about. Skull crack was never a viable build and they still nerfed it, in 3 different ways. Same with the nerf to 100b. Warriors have had every sing weapon nerfed directly and indirectly multiple ways and times.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

What? For example?

Tested with Spectral Wall. Tested multiple times and it worked like a charm.