Revamped PvP kick-off idea: Old PvP armor

in PvP

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

So with the coming update being focused on PvP and all, I feel this would be the perfect time to reintroduce the tribal armor set as well as all the other missing PvP armor. It would make for an exciting kick-off, giving us players something awesome to work toward while at the same time experiencing all the new features with this PvP update. I think all those great-looking armor sets have been out of reach long enough, it’s time to bring back those rewards!

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but I’m still holding on to the hope that the tribal armor (and all the other PvP armor) will make a grand return one day soon!

Fingers crossed!

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Well this close to the update you got 2 camps you can be in.

Camp 1: They did it but haven’t announced it, it’s a secret until Tuesday!
Camp 2: They haven’t really considered it/didn’t have time/to late to bring it up so close to Tuesday!

:)

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I still hope they’ll see a return, preferably sooner than later, but I haven’t got my fingers crossed for Tuesday.

+1 for bringing attention to it!

in PvP

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Hope this thread does better than mine.

Also, agree

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont agree. PvP Reward Tracks are too easy.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

GOSU.9574

Compared to what? RNG? LOL?

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

First there were complaints of PvP having no reward – now there’s complaints of too easy. Can’t please everyone!

in PvP

Seabreeze.8437

Well this close to the update you got 2 camps you can be in.

Camp 1: They did it but haven’t announced it, it’s a secret until Tuesday!
Camp 2: They haven’t really considered it/didn’t have time/to late to bring it up so close to Tuesday!

:)

As much as I want to be in camp 1, I think I’m actually corralled in camp 2, though I’d love to be pleasantly surprised come Tuesday.

I actually had this thought for a while, but never got around to posting it sooner, because it probably wouldn’t have made much of a difference one way or another. If Anet wants to bring the stuff back, it’ll be when they want to, not when I suggest would be a good time to. I don’t make the decisions around there.

I just like to remind Anet every now and then how badly we want all the old PvP armor sets back. That way, they don’t think we’ve forgotten about them. They have hinted at the possibility of their reintroduction, after all.

First there were complaints of PvP having no reward – now there’s complaints of too easy. Can’t please everyone!

I know, right? (rolls eyes)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Before you had to get r30 to even get a chance to work on these armors (there were mystic forge recipes as a good alternative to the RNG chests). And r30 took a lot longer than it does with inflated rank points today.

in PvP

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Before you had to get r30 to even get a chance to work on these armors (there were mystic forge recipes as a good alternative to the RNG chests). And r30 took a lot longer than it does with inflated rank points today.

Yeah, it was a great alternative. Farm to get glory to buy a wolf chest, then use a pvp salvage kit, then pray the RNG from salvaging would give you the correct items to throw into the forge. Continue to do so till you get said items. Then throw into the forge and pray that RNG doesn’t screw you over once more.

Boy, doesn’t that sound like FUN!?

(edited by Serophous.9085)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Yeah, it was a great alternative. Farm to get glory to buy a wolf chest, then use a pvp salvage kit, then pray the RNG from salvaging would give you the correct items to throw into the forge. Continue to do so till you get said items. Then throw into the forge and pray that RNG doesn’t screw you over once more.

Boy, doesn’t that sound like FUN!?

Sounds very fun to me, better than having everything served on a silver plattern. I dont enjoy rewards which get thrown at you for doing nothing.
After getting r30, getting the tribal armor set was for sure faster than doing these boring reward tracks 6 times. It was RNG but the chances were quite high.

in PvP

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

We will never get back the removed armor sets and they will never tell us why. That’s because the devs hate fun but more importantly: they hate us and they don’t care about what we like.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

GOSU.9574

No, no you didn’t. You see, they had these Achievement Chests. So, without doing 1 second of PvP I opened one and voila! The RNG Gods gave me Stalwart Shoulders.

People want those rather badly right now, along with Tribal. It takes long enough to complete 1 pvp track to get 1 piece of armor. I really do not see the issue with the old armors being in a new reward track.

I now PvP, and I get dungeon armors at the end of a track. It would be far faster to run dungeons, their rewards are basically static as well. I like the ability to earn static rewards based on time I put in, far far far better than some random crap chance. Enticing people who may otherwise never PvP to at least put some time into it in order to gain a set reward is a good thing, it doesn’t need to be wrapped in some artificial elitism.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

No the PvP reward tracks are a lot faster than dungeon. 3 pathes = 180 tokens + a few from random drops. Completing a reward track = 3 weapons + 1 armor.
Weapons cost upto 390 tokens (2h weapons) + upto 330 for armor. Plus you get some tokens on top of it. So one day of PvP can saves you over one week of daily runs (except Arah since it has 4 pathes, but almost noone does all 4 per day since they are much longer than other dungeons).

in PvP

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

:3 YES! Muh stalwart, bring it on!

On a more serious note.
Its about time we get the old armor types as a reward again.
I always hated the concept of one time exlusive items that never return. Or call ’em legacy items if you want. I hate that.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

in PvP

Seabreeze.8437

Its about time we get the old armor types as a reward again.
I always hated the concept of one time exlusive items that never return. Or call ’em legacy items if you want. I hate that.

That’s the thing, though, I don’t think these PvP armor sets were ever meant to be timed exclusive stuff. They just didn’t have a place for them after the update, and since PvP crafting was getting the boot, they booted the armor sets as well.

I always thought they would eventually come back, and frankly, I still believe they’ll make a return. I just figure this would be as good a time as any considering Anet clearly wants to bring more players to the PvP realm.

The tribal armor is one of the most requested sets from what I’ve seen, and I know all of the other sets are sought after as well (stalwart, marauder, etc.). Anet has to be aware of that, and I like to think they still have plans to bring them back, hopefully sooner rather than later.