Revealed bug introduced with patch 3

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Revealed is applied upon exiting stealth in HotM, haven’t jumped in a match yet.

But just an fyi

It’s a 2 second reveal that doesn’t seem to prevent stealth if you’re activating it

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

(edited by Shockwave.1230)

Shockwave.1230

It’s affecting matches too

Shockwave.1230

It’s weird, revealed is applied when any stack of stealth ends and seems to remove 2 seconds of stealth as well?

Looks like ANet has been playing with stealth changes for HoT.

Sadface

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

Well SR applies stealth every 1 sec, so when the first ends, you get the revealed debuff and lose 2 secs.

Def a bug.

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Fix this ASAP, confirm bug.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

This is definitely a fix. I like it.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Shockwave.1230

It seems Anet slipped this one in there with their Sleight of Hand.

I’m sure they’ve Stolen the heart of every mesmer with this Exposed Weakness of thief.

Such Improvisation could not go unnotticed by a Keen Observer.

We’ve yet to see a Furious Retaliation from this Crippling Strike of an Ankle Shot to thieves’ achilles’ heel of which is Revealed.

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

I’m more curious as to what Anet intends to do with stealth…

Obviously, they are doing something…and from the looks of it, it doesnt looks good for thieves…

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

I don’t think this is intended, but I’ll need to follow-up with the skills team in the morning to be sure. Either way, I started an email chain about this. Thanks for the reports.

Shockwave.1230

I don’t think this is intended, but I’ll need to follow-up with the skills team in the morning to be sure. Either way, I started an email chain about this. Thanks for the reports.

Use shadow refuge, I lol’ed

nightblood.7910

Well if you want to speculate, it looks like we might see a 2 sec debuff after stealth.
If that is the case, whatever, but this is definitely not intended the way it is now. It completely breaks SR. They will fix that, but if this is anything to say of the future, we might be seeing a 2 sec reveal whether we attack or not. Whatever.

/shrug

Posted by: Dietere.3476

Dietere.3476

So you’re telling us not to bother PvPing on Thief until tomorrow…
“Fixed a bug that allowed Thieves to have a fighting chance in PvP.”

(edited by Dietere.3476)

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Stealth ending cause reveal…each attacks hitting a thief reduce 1 second of stealth. That isn’t something a bug can cause…it’s multiple lines of coding and was accidentally included in this patch before HOT. Thieves are kittened.

(edited by Gabriell.4856)

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Stealth ending cause reveal…each attacks hitting a thief reduce 1 second of stealth. That isn’t something a bug cause cause…it’s multiple lines of coding and was accidentally included in this patch before HOT. Thieves are kittened.

excited about this. stealth is such a bore

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

nightblood.7910

Stealth ending cause reveal…each attacks hitting a thief reduce 1 second of stealth. That isn’t something a bug can cause…it’s multiple lines of coding and was accidentally included in this patch before HOT. Thieves are kittened.

As this bug currently is right now, it completely breaks SR. I seriously doubt they are planning to completely break that skill. Worst case scenario, we see a 2 sec debuf when exiting stealth, if that is even the case.

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

so thief is unplayable? Lol

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Too good if it’s intended
Probably this change will launch at HoT with an official announcement.
I suddenly don’t mind the SA buff in HoT anymore if the new stealth mechanic works like that.

Shockwave.1230

so thief is unplayable? Lol

Nope, expect to see S/D all over until this is fixed

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

This is definitely a bug as it’s affecting all stealth. Seems to be like a chance to apply revealed as stealth duration ticks down, and it knocks off anywhere from 2-5 seconds per reveal. So this is affecting more than thieves, also mesmers, and could potentially end stealth early for ranger and engineer as well.

Tested using shadow arts & shadow refuge to stack up stealth duration. I get revealed multiple times, every time, and each time it applies the stealth duration is dramatically reduced, and then you’re also slapped with another reveal upon exiting stealth afterwards.

As far as Arenanet response here “I’ll ask if this was intentional” yadda yadda … leaves me to believe they wanted to add revealed upon exiting stealth (intentionally doing so with this patch …), and are not so sneakily testing this out with the live servers, which is a really kitten poor way of doing things, but hey what else can be expected of Arenanubs anyway?

Literally, this game is still in beta at this point.

“Screw a test server or actually testing our garbage patches personally before letting this go live, let’s throw it in the faces of players overnight and see how much it infuriates them with our terribly executed patch schemes!”
-Anet, probably.

Edit: Also hidden thief + mug is completely broken, yet again, as it now instant reveals every time, hahahaha. Way to Arenanub it up Anet, you’re really showing us how good you are at making this game good. #Esports!

(edited by Jesiah.2457)

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I don’t think this is a bug….this is a miracle.

This is the best, amazing bug ever happened to GW2, I’d pay to keep it

(edited by Supreme.3164)

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I don’t think this is a bug….this is a miracle

^ Maybe they’re going to actually make people fight. That’d be great.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Shockwave.1230

Hopefully these revealed changes after stealth wears off aren’t an actual thing. If someone get’s downed in stealth and revealed once it wears off, the ability to reliably restealth them for a reposition or stomp denial is nearly completely hindered.

There’s also the bugs with mesmer stealths, decoy and mass invisibility not stacking to normal stealth, which would mess things up.

Worse case scenario is you wasting cooldowns/initiative if you try to extend your stealth and it reveals you right before extending it. That’d be devestating. Like The Prestige coming off of cooldown right as your Decoy ends and you blow the cooldown on nothing. It could be a critical penalty for just using your skills, even if it’s off by milliseconds. It’s got the potential to have just as bad or worse results as port bugs, except this would be a penalty designed into the game.

(edited by Shockwave.1230)

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

This is a miracle … for bad players who have learn to play issues. ^^

Hopefully these revealed changes after stealth wears off aren’t an actual thing. If someone get’s downed in stealth and revealed once it wears off, the ability to reliably restealth them for a reposition or stomp denial is nearly completely hindered.

There’s also the bugs with mesmer stealths, decoy and mass invisibility not stacking to normal stealth, which would mess things up.

Worse case scenario is you wasting cooldowns/initiative if you try to extend your stealth and it reveals you right before extending it. That’d be devestating. Like The Prestige coming off of cooldown right as your Decoy ends and you blow the cooldown on nothing. It could be a critical penalty for just using your skills, even if it’s off by milliseconds. It’s got the potential to have just as bad or worse results as port bugs, except this would be a penalty designed into the game.

Yep, a change like this would make thieves even easier to kill than they already are. Trying to position for a CnD restealth against a player themselves is already something that can be considered risk vs reward, with this, there will be no restealths in such a manner which is going to limit thieves survivability further. Not to mention it’s making a rarely used trait, hidden thief, lose even more of it’s limited utility.

All I can honestly see with this change is that it’s something in the sense of catered towards casual players. Probably because Arenanet has this fixation on the idea that casual game play is esports material, some-crazy-how. I will never understand them … but I can say this kind of trash is the sort of thing that will make me laugh at the idea of buying, let alone playing, HoT.

(edited by Jesiah.2457)

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Lol that’s true, stealth is totally kittened up.

Finally a true counterplay lol!

The Bug!

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I dont understand how you can’t know for certain whether this is a bug… Either it’s a nerf or it’s a bug. Either way I won’t be playing my mesmer until it’s fixed. It’s not even stealth ending resulting in a reveal. That would be one thing, but you can’t even stack stealth or properly use refuge.

It’s still absolutely ridiculous that a dev response is “I don’t know if this MAJOR bug is a bug or a nerf” with something this major.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Dietere.3476

If this is a real thing that will be happening, it needs some explanation. This is a MAJOR change to several classes (primarily thief) and it should not come as an unlisted ninja update. If this change is really going into effect, Anet needs to address it.

If this is a bug, it needs to be fixed ASAP. When they figured out that Mesmers couldn’t PvP, they fixed it almost immediately. This bug essentially keeps every thief build except S/D out of pvp. This is not something that should wait until morning. Go back to the office and fix your broken game.

Shockwave.1230

I dont understand how you can’t know for certain whether this is a bug… Either it’s a nerf or it’s a bug. Either way I won’t be playing my mesmer until it’s fixed. It’s not even stealth ending resulting in a reveal. That would be one thing, but you can’t even stack stealth or properly use refuge.

It’s still absolutely ridiculous that a dev response is “I don’t know if this MAJOR bug is a bug or a nerf” with something this major.

Nah it makes perfect sense that Josh wouldn’t know if it’s intentional. He’s not part of the balance team for one, and the company is reworking a lot of things in the game so there’s uncertainty until things are finalized. Josh simply doesn’t know if the potential stealth changes have been finalized or not.

Based on the behavior of stealth stacking, I think we all know it’s a bug (Josh might not have realized the behavior of stealth stacking before responding), but Josh just popped in to assure us they have this as priority conversation topic to discuss in the morning.

I don’t appreciate when our devs get chewed out for communicating with us after hours with the intent of making sure we know they know, so please choose different rhetoric to communicate through.

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

So…with this “bug” , thieves cannot restealth immediately after failing a backstab…and thieves players say the game is now unplayable…hmmmmmmmmmm

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

So…with this “bug” , thieves cannot restealth immediately after failing a backstab…and thieves players say the game is now unplayable…hmmmmmmmmmm

Stand in a shadow refuge and you’ll see why.

Dietere.3476

Entire aspects of the thief class are broken. An entire trait line is invalid due to these changes. Shadow Refuge, a staple skill, has lost over 50% of its effectiveness.

Imagine if some of these things happened:
-Mesmers now only get 2 clones
-Warriors only get 2 bars of adrenaline
-Guardians only get 2 virtues
-Elementalists only get 2 attunements

These are obvious exaggerations, but they would significantly change the entire mechanics of the classes. Entire builds and trait lines rely on class mechanics, and a change like we are seeing with stealth completely changes the thief class (as well as mesmer, ranger, and engi to a certain extent).

This is not a “qq poor thf” thread. It’s a “Anet, you broke your game, please fix it” thread.

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

someone sounds like an embittered thief punching bag.

why nerf a profession no one except bad players complain about? if you seriously think stealth (a counter-intuitive mechanic to a point capture gamemode) is strong enough to the point where it’s worth nerfing, you aren’t playing at a level beyond hot-join.

i am not surprised to see a person who complains about everything complain about people wanting a literal bug to be fixed. lmao

(edited by sinject.4607)

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Entire aspects of the thief class are broken. An entire trait line is invalid due to these changes. Shadow Refuge, a staple skill, has lost over 50% of its effectiveness.

Imagine if some of these things happened:
-Mesmers now only get 2 clones
-Warriors only get 2 bars of adrenaline
-Guardians only get 2 virtues
-Elementalists only get 2 attunements

These are obvious exaggerations, but they would significantly change the entire mechanics of the classes. Entire builds and trait lines rely on class mechanics, and a change like we are seeing with stealth completely changes the thief class (as well as mesmer, ranger, and engi to a certain extent).

This is not a “qq poor thf” thread. It’s a “Anet, you broke your game, please fix it” thread.

Necros starting with 0 lifeforce? oh..

:P

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

stealth doesnt stack. If i get 2 sec stealth and prolong it with shadow Refuge it will end after 2 sec anyway, Rly fun patch, i can see the trend right now, 1st making shortbow 5th skill unusable due to “no valid path”, now breaking stealth, lets nerf thiefs on HP and DMG and later lets delete thiefs why not, i know its fun to break them patch after patch but there should be end to it.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

stealth doesnt stack. If i get 2 sec stealth and prolong it with shadow Refuge it will end after 2 sec anyway, Rly fun patch, i can see the trend right now, 1st making shortbow 5th skill unusable due to “no valid path”, now breaking stealth, lets nerf thiefs on HP and DMG and later lets delete thiefs why not, i know its fun to break them patch after patch but there should be end to it.

Just want to clear the misconception of them “nerfing” shortbow 5. The port changes did not affect any port locations, it just prevents you from wasting initiative on a port that would fail anyway. The port changes made in that patch were a quality of life change that significantly improved the game – not the opposite. Stop spreading misinformation please.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

This is great, keep it this way at least in pvp!

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Just want to clear the misconception of them “nerfing” shortbow 5. The port changes did not affect any port locations, it just prevents you from wasting initiative on a port that would fail anyway. The port changes made in that patch were a quality of life change that significantly improved the game – not the opposite. Stop spreading misinformation please.

Yeah, that’s what I wanted to point out, it was an improvement to all ports rather than a nerf and not only for thieves. It’s great when my Lightning flash does not go on full cooldown just because there was no LOS.

However, I think this is just a bug, there is no way this was meant to happen.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If I’m not remembering wrong, didnt they patch in a strong reveal some years ago as well? I remember it messing up veil as well as you couldnt chain it.

But then every Thief cried like a little baby and Anet had to reverse it.

Posted by: Blacksheep.8932

Blacksheep.8932

d/p thief is almost unplayable now with this bug, and i assume every other stealth based build is kittened up, please fix this.

Posted by: Zerlok.5042

Zerlok.5042

after this new patch all thievs DIE in this game, so now need learn to play a warrior

Mefiq.7039

Yeah, that’s what I wanted to point out, it was an improvement to all ports rather than a nerf and not only for thieves. It’s great when my Lightning flash does not go on full cooldown just because there was no LOS.

However, I think this is just a bug, there is no way this was meant to happen.

Problem is mate, If you run to place that has no valid path after shotting shortbow 5(it had valid path). You will get “NO VALID PATH” and lose 6 initiative, ye IMPROVEMENT sure

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Nah it makes perfect sense that Josh wouldn’t know if it’s intentional. He’s not part of the balance team for one, and the company is reworking a lot of things in the game so there’s uncertainty until things are finalized. Josh simply doesn’t know if the potential stealth changes have been finalized or not.

Based on the behavior of stealth stacking, I think we all know it’s a bug (Josh might not have realized the behavior of stealth stacking before responding), but Josh just popped in to assure us they have this as priority conversation topic to discuss in the morning.

I don’t appreciate when our devs get chewed out for communicating with us after hours with the intent of making sure we know they know, so please choose different rhetoric to communicate through.

Ok, so first: I’m not chewing him out. I’m merely pointing out that everything he actually said was “I don’t know.” It’s great that at least he knows he doesn’t know, but that’s all he can give us.

Now, if we’re to talk about rhetoric, let’s consider what Josh did say: “I don’t think this is intended.” Rhetorically this suggests that there is a possibility that this isn’t a bug, that the game devs intended to make this change to stealth and that the devs chose to make this change without announcing it formally. These are all suggestions from the rhetoric he uses. I don’t think he means any of this, and like you said, it’s after hours, so thanks Josh for the response. However, we cannot know that this isn’t intentional. It’s impossible with such a vague answer. If we had received a “this was intentional, more on this tomorrow” or “this is a bug, we’ll work on a fix asap,” there is certainty there. Instead, we get uncertainty. I’m sure he intended to simply let us know that they’re aware. That’s great. That’s not what has been done, though.

Yes, we are all fairly certain that this is a bug. However, we don’t know. If you want to talk about rhetoric, talk about that.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Too much reliant on stealth? Hah!. I don’t care if its a bug or soon to be future content, ill adapt. just make sure they are worth killing while im stealth.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Bad players unite! The time is ripe to throw down our stealthy overlords! Demand this bug remain permanent so that we can 1111111 from the back line in peace one again!

/sarcasm off

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Stealth is now more counterable? One of the best ‘changes’ to ever happen to this game! Fix it with Shadow Refuge and you’re good to go. Haha!

Seriously now, they seem to be trying new stealth counters, which is a good thing, a very, very good thing.

Mefiq.7039

brain counters stealth. Stealth based builds usually are paper all you need to do is use brain…

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

This is a miracle … for bad players who have learn to play issues. ^^

Yep, a change like this would make thieves even easier to kill than they already are. Trying to position for a CnD restealth against a player themselves is already something that can be considered risk vs reward, with this, there will be no restealths in such a manner which is going to limit thieves survivability further. Not to mention it’s making a rarely used trait, hidden thief, lose even more of it’s limited utility.

All I can honestly see with this change is that it’s something in the sense of catered towards casual players. Probably because Arenanet has this fixation on the idea that casual game play is esports material, some-crazy-how. I will never understand them … but I can say this kind of trash is the sort of thing that will make me laugh at the idea of buying, let alone playing, HoT.

In what way is it catered towards casual players? It actually makes the class harder to play and removes stealth camping. This change is literally the opposite of casual.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Quadox.7834

brain counters stealth. Stealth based builds usually are paper all you need to do is use brain…

What do you mean by stealth based builds?

Also, did you consider that the one using the stealth also has a brain?

Yaniam [Mesmer]

Quadox.7834

Yeah people are complaining at anet when that was actually an amazing change. The only difference it makes is that people don’t waste their cooldown on a failed port. It even added more spots so thieves especially should be really happy about that change!

Yaniam [Mesmer]

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Sorry I just don’t see this as a ninja update it’s clearly a bug.

If it were for reals it would be listed in the patch notes under profession & balance changes as it is a major change.

Quadox.7834

Stealth is now more counterable? One of the best ‘changes’ to ever happen to this game! Fix it with Shadow Refuge and you’re good to go. Haha!

Seriously now, they seem to be trying new stealth counters, which is a good thing, a very, very good thing.

I agreeeeeee, i honestly don’t mind if my main (mes) is affected either.

The main thing to look at with stealth though, is the ability for a whole team to camp in stealth thanks to black powder and then suddenly stealth burst a person from another team. In high level it becomes a matter of who stealths the longest.

Yaniam [Mesmer]