Revenant Bunkers

Revenant Bunkers

in PvP

Posted by: Sovari.7246

Sovari.7246

I noticed a lot of Rev bunkers lately and my team seems to be doing 2v1 or 3v1 for a good while on them. I’m wondering if there’s any tips to fight against them or even which classes or builds that are strong against them

Revenant Bunkers

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Condi necros +thf/dh/power rev

cc doesn’t matter on them, what works is condi damage to force them to spend energy on cleanse while the physical dps spikes the rev down.

Revenant Bunkers

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Condi Necros are pretty good there. You will probably need someone to actually try and contest the point (they likely won’t succeed, but they focus on draining the energy from Energy Expulsion), but a condi Necro sitting off point can break them.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Revenant Bunkers

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

Also, this might not be obvious if you haven’t played them, but Rev’s most substantial heal comes during Glint form. They gain a blue icon that indicates that incoming damage is completely converted into healing. In solo/duo queue you probably won’t be able to stop your team from attacking if in teamfight, but in a duel, just don’t attack, focus on defense(? I forget if they can attack during the heal or not) and save your burst. Always have that “sheathe weapon” key somewhere convenient.

Revenant Bunkers

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

it’s like @Kuya says- anything with enough condi output should do it. centaur is very energy intensive, so it’s easy to get them in a position where they don’t have the energy to cleanse.

comically, i think condi rev would be rather good at this. the torment AOE & boon corrupt are going to be super useful. pity the 2stab on dodge was nerfed, otherwise that would have countered the knockback too. ah well.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Revenant Bunkers

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

The most important thing while fighting vs salvation/ventari is to not eat all the on-heal 240 radius blind and CC right after Energy Expulsion

Revenant Bunkers

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

There’s a difference that bunker rev has compared to eles and druids. The latter two can do decent damage with their tankiness. Bunker rev has to run either Invocation or Devastation to increase damage. Druids have pets to help with damage, and eles have frequent attacks. Revs have fast-ish attacks, but nothing compared to ele and they don’t have any pets. You could run Invo/Salv/Herald with Glint/Ventari and Mender’s for high might stacking. This gives you some ok damage, but it’s still not as good as eles or druids because one does AoE better and the other has a pet. Rev just has the Glint AoE and weapon skills.

Now where rev bunker does excel at is defence and CC, and that’s because of the Ventari elite with the light field. You can use it with 10 energy and then activate the light field for two AoE cleanses and an AoE knockback. A competent rev who knows how to abuse the AoE blind along with the knockback can be hard to do any meaningful damage to, and even staying at range is difficult because the tablet can be moved almost anywhere to knock you back, but range is still better because the AoE blind only works around the rev.

So to fight one, stay out of range of the AoE blind, but don’t group together. You should reduce the impact of their skills as much as possible. Make it hard for them to pick up the healing orbs after the elite, and try to load them with condis when they can’t spam the elite skill in the light field quickly enough. You’ll also need to burn their Glint heal, so when they do, stop all attacks and try to hold off on reapplying your most powerful condis right before they need to use it because condis contribute to the healing.