Revenant UA?

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

I’ve been avoiding PvP since the expansion, but noticed something when fighting smokescales in PvE. Unrelenting assault hits like a truck, requires three dodges to mitigate, can’t be easily interrupted, and is completely inescapable (I’ve teleported 3000 distance with inf arrow and shadowstep and it tracked me the whole way). It feels like getting hit with 100 blades that follows you everywhere. I can only imagine fighting a Shiro rev…is it a big problem?

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Yes. Revenants like to justify it by saying there not a pet however. Pretty much the only defense against it is to zerg. that way the damage gets split between 5 targets. Ironically MM necros have the best chance against them haha. Except hte cleave on hammer shafts minions.

Ghost Yak

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

Nope no problem at all here,
Just 3-5 decent counters that work against any other skill in the game except this. But the pvp and rev forums both say that it is completely balanced.

Your choices are stealth to break the channel or join the masses rerolling and pressing sw3 and shield 5 on cd to victory.

I just want to be able to USE OTHER WEAPONS. Sword and shield are IMPOSSIBLE for a power rev to give up, I wish I could actually use Staff/Hammer

Also the base damage is far FAR too high on Unrelenting, and pretty much ALL of the hammer skills honestly..

(edited by HEDRO.2345)

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Sticks to target beautifully. Rev can also trait that if their first attack is blocked, their next 2 can’t be.

As a warrior with bulls rush, savage leap, rush..i just put down my weapons and stuff and joined rytlock and abandoned warrior for something that works.

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

I knew someone will post UA here and ask for nerf but first try that in spvp you will see Rev is like a wet noodle.

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

I knew someone will post UA here and ask for nerf but first try that in spvp you will see Rev is like a wet noodle.

That’s a lie. I am hitting like truck on my rev. Might stacking is amazing on rev.

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Zodryn.4216

Well like I said, I haven’t tried PvP yet, I was just asking if this skill is as crazy on rev as it is on the smokescale in PvE. However, wiki says UA hits almost 50% harder than pistol whip…wouldn’t call that a wet noodle.

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

It doesn’t matter if Rev is a ‘wet noodle’. The skill is gamebreaking. You can’t triple dodge it. Block it. Or even use your teleports to escape the damage.

Whoever thought pistol whip that follows you was a good idea needs to send the drugs my way.

Vipassana

Revenant UA?

in PvP

jayson.6512

It doesn’t matter if Rev is a ‘wet noodle’. The skill is gamebreaking. You can’t triple dodge it. Block it. Or even use your teleports to escape the damage.

Whoever thought pistol whip that follows you was a good idea needs to send the drugs my way.

Game Breaking? Blind counter it how its game breaking? i was blinded by thief and half of UA didn’t Hit and the thief killed me by 2 hits.

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Zodryn.4216

Game Breaking? Blind counter it how its game breaking? i was blinded by thief and half of UA didn’t Hit and the thief killed me by 2 hits.

UA does seven hits in 2 seconds. Black powder pulses blind once every 2 seconds, meaning it will prevent 1/7th of your damage. If the thief casts it twice or uses shadow shot, that mitigates 2/7ths of your damage. Afterwards the thief is low on initiative and will be easy prey. If half of UA didn’t hit it’s probably because he dodged twice. :/

Edit: does that even matter? 100 blades and pistol whip can be blinded too, but they still root you so that victims can dodge/run away and avoid the high damage. UA does more damage and can’t be escaped. There has to be a good way to break the channel or escape it.

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Nothing is balanced right now. UA is actually pretty low on the “game breaking skills” list. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s too powerful, but it won’t kill you anywhere as quickly as some other things going on right now.

Anet needs to do a balance update at least once a week until we get things normalized.

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Nope no problem at all here,
Just 3-5 decent counters that work against any other skill in the game except this. But the pvp and rev forums both say that it is completely balanced.

Your choices are stealth to break the channel or join the masses rerolling and pressing sw3 and shield 5 on cd to victory.

I just want to be able to USE OTHER WEAPONS. Sword and shield are IMPOSSIBLE for a power rev to give up, I wish I could actually use Staff/Hammer

Also the base damage is far FAR too high on Unrelenting, and pretty much ALL of the hammer skills honestly..

Then i suggest getting on ur rev and actually fight competent people on builds that have a clue and maybe get a different perspective

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Revenant UA?

in PvP

Posted by: Drussthelegend.2630

Drussthelegend.2630

This is a full reet skill regardless of whether you think its fine or not. Its for dumb kitten s.

Revenant UA?

in PvP

jayson.6512

it’s the same old warrior bulls charge + frenzy + 100b people have no clue but at this time if you see a revenant that hits like a truck with UA surely you will kill him very easy. Most player i killed with UA is either new or just doing daily but if i fought a decent player it seems his not even worried about it.