Revenent. Biggest Liability in Ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

So after playing over 300 games this season, a fair few of them across Diamond and Legendary, I have come to a conclusion that I think Revenent is one of the biggest liabilities.

Thief and Warrior are often the classes people rage about. However Thief can actually be a tide turner in some games with fast capping and if good can win vital 1 on 1s. Warrior leaves a little to be desired but can still do great 1 vs 1. I’m really unsure why people dont rage more about Revs in the team though?

The reason why i say they are the biggest liability is that they melt to condi in seconds. And with 80% of ranked now being condi they just die so fast around you. Are their party buffs really worth them dying in seconds in team fights and handing the enemy free revives?

True, If a Rev is played very well then it can really help the party. But lets face it, probably less than 10% of Revs in Ranked are played well. When playing my Thief, Necro or DH I don’t think I have ever lost a 1 vs 1 with a Rev.

I have won far more games with Thieves and Warriors in team that I have Rev. So I just wondered why all the hate is directed at those classes and not more at Rev?

EDIT: I should add that i’m talking more about Solo queue. In a good premade enough support can be provided to make the Rev viable.

(edited by Zodi.8932)

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Man, this is really not the kind of complaints I would ever expect to see. Are you trying to not get Rev nerfed or something ?

It’s just so easy to survive as rev these days, despite the amount of condi. Unless i’m dueling mesmers, I never felt like condi were too much of an issue on my Rev.

Sure, you have very limitted amount of cleanse, staff 4 being the most obvious one, but Rev probably has the least vulnerable frames out of anyone but Mesmers and Thieves.

You don’t die to condis if you never get hit by them. Rev can also fight them throught their insane sustain abilities, and turn condi burst to a full glint heal.

I mean, condi bombing revs might work really well if you can get it, but that’s literally rev’s only weakness. Their ONLY one.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

A bad played Rev is more useful anyway than a bad played Thief/War.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

you dont see any rev hate thread maybe because, they arent really bad? i play ele, and the only 2 class that has a chance of killing me 1v1 is a rev and reaper. those 2 combine will be instant death of me. but your talking about usefulness during match? lets eliminate warriors right now, lets face it u dont want them in your team unless u have no choice. a thief if left alone will decap ur home the whole game. but even if one of your team mate sits at home the whole game 4v5 at mid a thief wont do much against all the aoe being thrown.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

For some reason most revs simply have no idea what they are doing. Its a young class, it works different to what most people are used to and, despite being very strong, its not completely easy to play.
Most revs I can take out on my thief using little more than basivenom, autoattack, good dodges and double essence sap.
However there are a couple of revs played on pro level, I usually run if even I see them.
They are virtually immortal and can down you in seconds. Its ofc above average players, but the potential to be op is undoubtly there.
And even the bad ones can decide a fight if you miss a single precision strike, unrelenting assault or surge of the mists. Thats what most people are most concerned with.

Last but not least: this 90% condi meta everybody talks about…where is it actually?
The meta+great builds on MB contains 3 condi necros (and not everything is necro+they can be countered by every decent composition), 1 condi mesmer and 1 rarely played condi rev.
6/9 classes dont have condi builds for ‘meta’ purpose, even though individuals might decide condi works for them.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

People call it a condi meta just because necros and mesmers are very common I guess. but its true its not really applicable.

Although even power builds do apply a lot of conditions, just not the damaging ones.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

Stop kidding yourself, you’re still in ruby. You just posted 3 days ago you’re stuck in MMR hell. If you want to make a point, don’t present it along with BS. And no, revenant is hardly a liability. Even a bad rev will bring more to a team, than a bad thief or bad warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: Sisyphus.4237

Sisyphus.4237

if rev’s a liability i guess i don’t know the definition of liability. rev is the best overall team fighter dps wise or equal with necro. one of if not the best a training things down. great at plus 1ing great mobility, great at surviving. Unless I have autism and don’t know how any of that is bad, rev is one of if not the best class rn, but hey, what do i know you’re just the god of 1v1ing rev and tim wants 1v1 you.

Throwny Is Bae ~ DROOID Kek Ez Pz [Toez]
Not Throwny is literally Not Me.
Aspect GG Admin.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

i seriously not sure if there’s any class melt faster to condi then warrior

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Elementalists that try to dps on a heal build are the worst.

in PvP

Posted by: Excelvior.8520

Excelvior.8520

Guilty as charged
I tried to open the door to the lord in Foefire, wtf was I thinking… (magi amulet)

in PvP

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

Stop kidding yourself, you’re still in ruby. You just posted 3 days ago you’re stuck in MMR hell. If you want to make a point, don’t present it along with BS. And no, revenant is hardly a liability. Even a bad rev will bring more to a team, than a bad thief or bad warrior.

+1

Kiss the chaos.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

That’s only because thief and warrior are in terrible state. And if the vocal minority gets the revenant nerfed, the rev will be in the same spot, e.g. totally useless.

Fact of the matter is, rev is countering certain builds. Without revs those builds will run rampant because it’s really hard for the thief and war to deal with the said builds.

Last summer before the nerf, the times when thieves were strong, they kept condi builds in check and they didnt run rampant because they got blown up to shreds and people were stacking more toughness and vitality as a result.

It got nerfed, hard and look at the sorry state of the pvp now. Bunch of aoe condi plebs that do nothing but kite and apply and reapply conditions while having high toughness vitality and power (im looking at you mercenary amulet) and no counter stat to condi damage in any viable power amulet.

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

That’s only because thief and warrior are in terrible state. And if the vocal minority gets the revenant nerfed, the rev will be in the same spot, e.g. totally useless.

Fact of the matter is, rev is countering certain builds. Without revs those builds will run rampant because it’s really hard for the thief and war to deal with the said builds.

Last summer before the nerf, the times when thieves were strong, they kept condi builds in check and they didnt run rampant because they got blown up to shreds and people were stacking more toughness and vitality as a result.

It got nerfed, hard and look at the sorry state of the pvp now. Bunch of aoe condi plebs that do nothing but kite and apply and reapply conditions while having high toughness vitality and power (im looking at you mercenary amulet) and no counter stat to condi damage in any viable power amulet.

I would guess the old DS ele had just as much to do with keeping condi builds in check

in PvP

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

I usually pick the rev when there are less than 3 necros in the other team against teams heavy on eles,rangers,dh the power build with unblockable attacks and quickness just kills them so fast if you get your team to help with a slow or stun.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Honestly the skills team just needs to write a new version of precision strike, one that doesn’t copy blinding blade. Keep the damage. But tracing people in stealth and hitting people after interrupt is wrong. That’s the biggest issue with the rev.

Staff 5 is okay. Yeah it’s unblockable, but only if you switch to shiro for phase traversal.

Mostly I see people getting caught by revenant in point blank.

I mean, i know you all are super pro players and you have a point in revenant nerf and no matter what I say won’t matter but, maybe … just maybe if you have a revenant on your kitten and see them switching from dragon to shiro and from sword to staff, maybe they are lining you for a SoM yeah?

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Honestly the skills team just needs to write a new version of precision strike, one that doesn’t copy blinding blade. Keep the damage. But tracing people in stealth and hitting people after interrupt is wrong. That’s the biggest issue with the rev.

Staff 5 is okay. Yeah it’s unblockable, but only if you switch to shiro for phase traversal.

Mostly I see people getting caught by revenant in point blank.

I mean, i know you all are super pro players and you have a point in revenant nerf and no matter what I say won’t matter but, maybe … just maybe if you have a revenant on your kitten and see them switching from dragon to shiro and from sword to staff, maybe they are lining you for a SoM yeah?

Lol completly nailed it, so yeah remember that the use of common sense and logic aren’t allowed in these forums.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

Wow, you are so correct. But, heal build eles are called upon to take out door breakers at times if no one is around. Gotta be able to at least do that.

My auramancer can knock you off a treb, but can’t destroy the treb. haha

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

A rev definitely requires more skill to be useful than an ele, an engi or even a necro.
But a good rev can make much bigger difference than the other class.