Reward Track Progression

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Q:

I’m about 1/4 through balthazar and I just noticed hotjoins stopped giving me progression through the track. Is this intentional because I never read anything about that.

I don’t mind doing soloq to finish the track, but I’ve been learning a new class and would prefer to stick to hotjoins with it until I get better.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

A:

There is a reward track progression cap in custom arenas, but none in solo or team arena. Unfortunately this isn’t clearly messaged. We’re discussing ways to resolve the confusion.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I really hope that’s a glitch. Hotjoin has been how I’ve been doing PvP.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Happened to me too, first i did Arah reward to 5/40, then i started to do Balthazar reward and stuck at 4/40 and i cant go further.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Raising Cain.2591

Raising Cain.2591

I got to 10/40 on Arah’s track last night and when I logged in for PVP today, Arah wouldn’t progress, and neither would Balthazar.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Max Durak.1358

Max Durak.1358

Same here. Got Arah 5/40, switched to Balthazar and stuck at 7/40.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

On Arah Dungeon Track.
Winning in Hotjoin stopped its increase at 64% complete.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Is this a bug? Everyone stops at different points.

Magumer Ranger

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

It seems to stop after 25% in normal-mode and only moves if you go into soloQ

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

It seems to stop after 25% in normal-mode and only moves if you go into soloQ

That seems to be the case, at least for me. But I never read anything about this in the patch notes or Ready-Up. Hopefully a dev can come in and clarify.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Max Durak.1358

Max Durak.1358

Patch note sais “To progress reward tracks, players need play PvP in a match that has progress enabled”. But even in game with progress enabled i don’t get any.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Morsus.5106

Almighty devs, hear our plea! We wish to know whether this is a bug or if it intentional!
(Chanting in background)
HEAR US ALMIGHTY DEVELOPERS! THE SACRIFICE HAS BEEN MADE, NOW ANSWER US!

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

Devs.. PLEEEASSE don’t let this be an official thing.. The new sPvP system (tdm & reward track) is the reason why I came back to this game, the limit would just kill the fun.. I love to just go on binges and pvp all day..

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Charak.9761

Why is there even a cap, what good can come of this…

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

There is a reward track progression cap in custom arenas, but none in solo or team arena. Unfortunately this isn’t clearly messaged. We’re discussing ways to resolve the confusion.

But why is there a cap?

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Does this cap affect the arenanet hot join servers which are 5v5 only now?

Magumer Ranger

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

There’s a cap because hotjoin can be easily exploited for rewards by bots.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

For a brief moment I wanted to play PvP. Than I read this and lost all interest again.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

But why is there a cap?

Custom arenas can easily be exploited and farmed, Anet wants to prevent this so they put a cap on it

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Eve.1580

Ya’ll should be fair then. Make a cap for PvE.. They’re only allowed to do 1 heart in each area a day.. Then you have to move on to another area. Or WvW.. once you kill 10 people, you cannot get drops anymore on that map.

The problem isn’t that the message isn’t clear, its that the message exists. A-Net I love you, seriously, but why would you want to restrict sPvP even more when we barely have any content as it is.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Seeing as how there were people in the mists screaming about this “bug” within an hour of the patch going live, I am fairly sure it is working as intended.

The first thing a certain style of players did was jump into custom arenas with their guild mates and trade wins to boost the tracks.

I don’t see any reason to have a legitimate complaint about this at all unless your intention was to boost rewards, which is borderline exploitative. Team Arenas and Solo Queue are both more rewarding and uncapped.

Glory farming in custom arenas was already nerfed so that there was a glory cap per match because people abused it. Later it was revisited and some players were banned for grievous rank farming in Skyhammer. Those were both previous paths to rewards that had to be restricted. I’m not sure why any one would have not expected rewards tracks to be handled similarly to hinder the same behavior.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Metikulous.5834

Metikulous.5834

They’re basically saying they don’t care too much about Spvp.

Once I told my guild about the cap the majority of them lost interest. Not a good way to foster pvp interest in the game.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Seeing as how there were people in the mists screaming about this “bug” within an hour of the patch going live, I am fairly sure it is working as intended.

The first thing a certain style of players did was jump into custom arenas with their guild mates and trade wins to boost the tracks.

I don’t see any reason to have a legitimate complaint about this at all unless your intention was to boost rewards, which is borderline exploitative. Team Arenas and Solo Queue are both more rewarding and uncapped.

100% agree

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Eve.1580

Then don’t allow rewards for locked arenas & arenas with low pop. Also, if this is seriously a concern why don’t they block all rank gain after an hour.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Charak.9761

Whats to stop those people from just botting arena modes… you just ruin it for people who are trying to rank

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Yet again, a lazy, clumsy control that ends up punishing the masses instead of targeting enforcement against exploiters.

Same approach as with the ham-fisted DR system – bots were obviously teleporting around the map, doing nothing but autoattacking. Were they precisely targeted? Nope, just throw a blanket DR to reduce the loot for everyone that plays more than 30 minutes on the same map and call it a day.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Morsus.5106

So does hotjoin have a cap, or just custom arenas? (So if I’m playing on an ArenaNet server but I’m not in an arena am I still capped?)

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Eve.1580

So does hotjoin have a cap, or just custom arenas? (So if I’m playing on an ArenaNet server but I’m not in an arena am I still capped?)

I was last night.. I’m guessing he’s saying that you need to be in tournament in order to still get the benefits.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Whats to stop those people from just botting arena modes… you just ruin it for people who are trying to rank

Because bots are terrible in general when it comes to playing, and eventually they will lose so much in arena that they will fall off the competitive bracket and the entire match is filled with really bad players or other bots.

Reward Track Progression

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

People also much more likely to notice and report bots in arena modes, rather than just assume it’s a standard hotjoiner :p

I did some hotjoin today and there was a lot of afkers and stacked teams, clearly people trying to farm rewards.