Reward Track for Masteries

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

hello !

this is for the lazy sunny sided – tl,dr:
for the sake of mixed (both pve&pvp) players:
make reward tracks to continue the masteries
this could be separated tracks for masteries or let choose a maguuma or a tyria related reward track to train the selected one for that region
or
use the ‘pvp xp’ to continue the selected mastery
this would work similar to the pve xp bar but with earned rank points (‘pvp xp’) instead

####
i’m a main pvp’er now but still took part at the guildwars lore since release of gw1 with every expansion ever since. so i am too very interested in the lore and that is why i even bought the full expansion package. i love what you do at arenanet, i always did and really want this to be an ongoing relationship.
i always liked the pve part of guildwars, and still do (at least partially) even since i joined the tomb of the primeval kings back then before it ‘moved’ to heroes ascent.
now as pvp and pve player i want to play the story without having to spend hours in pve – because i want to spend hours in pvp instead.

with the hot release and the need to earn ‘pve xp’ to train masteries it has become very difficult for me to get motivated to continue the story.
since i started to play, well more precisesly some time in since it turned out i need masteries to continue the story and it can only be trained with pve xp, i got a little angry.
half way through the second tier i stopped and do not want to continue this way.

i think you missed out a good option to please those players who like to do pvp as well as pve (like myself mostly to follow the lore/story but i am sure there are others).
so i thought about it and came up with two – in my opinion – viable/practicable solutions:
as above:
make reward tracks to continue the masteries
this could be separated tracks for masteries or let choose a maguuma or a tyria related reward track to train the selected one for that region
or
use the ‘pvp xp’ to continue the selected mastery
this would work similar to the pve xp bar but with earned rank points (‘pvp xp’)

i’d love to hear your opinion on this!

cya
kito

ps: hopefully it is kind of readable ’cause i mixed up a lot and copy/pasted writing this plus english is not my native language

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

kito.1827

i know this looks trivia at first hand besides the needed balance.

if you have nothing to say about it, ok. at least let me know if it was read by a dev.

maybe i just watch some pve streams to catch up on story…

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

It seems Anet thinks everyone plays only pvp or only pve.

in PvP

kito.1827

It seems Anet thinks everyone plays only pvp or only pve.

cannot imagine this. to me it is more likely that it was simply overlooked

edit: maybe it gets some attention if report my own post?

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Posted by: Mithir.7460

Mithir.7460

I like it. Do it anet

in PvP

kito.1827

26 days in and still struggling with the story.

pls do not force me to do pve events

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

I like this idea, especially as someone that mainly PvP’s and WvW’s in a PvX guild and hates to grind mindlessly.
If I have access to earn the masteries in a way that I enjoy, rather than spending hours in PvE, would be much more productive. How they would implement it so the the farming servers couldnt get someone full masteries too quickly is another problem but I think it is worth looking into.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

I would Love the ability to get proof of heroics from pvp, I mainly pvp and only go wvw when guild mates wanna do some roaming, would love to be able to play my class when I do…

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

We need a repeatable reward track with HoT stuff in it, similar to the Maguuma wastes track

It should have map currencies, map chest loot, and proof of heroics at the end.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I agree with you, good idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

NO, i am a fan of pvp, but it is a bad idea.
Since you don’t need the masteries in PVP, there is no need to get a track for them.

This would just result in a mess, people wouldn’t leave the mist anymore.
This is such a nice game, visit his worl if you want masteries,

in PvP

Jace al Thor.6745

Its not as simple as “visit the world if you want masteries” though.
Im not a grinder my any means, which is a big reason why GW2 appeals to me rather than WoW and other similar MMO’s with its constant gear progression, etc.
If a solution was reached that rewarded masteries through tracks(it wouldn’t be hard really) and you still had to go into the new maps to get such things as ley line sparks, mass piles of flax, oils, etc then there isn’t anything wrong with that. All you are doing is enabling people that normally only play one, maybe two game modes to play all three to the degree that people who only PvE and enjoy a daily grind are playing.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It would be a great thing.
I think they should make reward tracks that work for the new Legendaries and precursor crafting as well.

I think they need to buff the gold per game to 1g per win.

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

is this sarcasm or are you serious?

I don’t know if about masteries we can really talk about grinds.
They come along if you try to do the achievement, and try to understand the event. I didn’t feel it as a grind.

in PvP

Jace al Thor.6745

I understanding what you are saying Seyiwaji, but for me that is a grind. I can PvP for hours on end but repeating the same events for hours is boring to me. And if something is boring it feels like a grind. And I’m by no means an achievement hunter either.
And I’m sure I’m not the only person like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

I was someone who went as far as looking into the LFG in order for people to complete LS achievements for me… I am NOT a pve fan by any margin of the name, but I’d still love having access to masteries

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I understanding what you are saying Seyiwaji, but for me that is a grind. I can PvP for hours on end but repeating the same events for hours is boring to me. And if something is boring it feels like a grind. And I’m by no means an achievement hunter either.
And I’m sure I’m not the only person like that.

Masteries are a replacement for a linear leveling system.

They didn’t want to increase the level cap since it would require increasing gear tiers, thus introducing even more grind. However they still needed a way to control how fast the new PvE content was consumed, thus enter masteries.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube