Reward tracks question

Reward tracks question

in PvP

Posted by: Aria.5940

Aria.5940

Does anyone know how the reward tracks work? I tried doing a few games to find out, but I wasn’t able to get enough different results to actually obtain much info that way.

Does the reward track advance equally for different modes, hotjoin/solo-q/team-q (it does advance for all I found)? And does it require wins or will it advance on lost fights too?

I know this information is probably there somehow, but being a bit sleepy, I haven’t been able to track down info about this. So hoping someone stumbled across it and remembers.

Reward tracks question

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Progression must be enabled for the custom arenas, but solo arena and team arena should always reward progress. Team arena rewards the most progress, followed by solo arena, and then by custom arenas. You receive more progress for a win than a loss.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

Reward tracks question

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Progression must be enabled for the custom arenas, but solo arena and team arena should always reward progress. Team arena rewards the most progress, followed by solo arena, and then by custom arenas. You receive more progress for a win than a loss.

thanks justin!

could you let us in on more details regarding the rewards track?
some solid numbers would help a lot!

for example, the reward track bar is divided into 8 smaller bars
say, each bar is worth 100 reward points

for example,
team arena win = 40 points
solo arena win = 30 points
team arena lose = 20 points
custom arena win = 20 points
solo arena lose = 15 points
custom arena lose = 10 points

please, justin?
thanks!

Reward tracks question

in PvP

Posted by: Aria.5940

Aria.5940

Thanks for the answer. That’s nice to know.

Reward tracks question

in PvP

Posted by: Pautik.9751

Pautik.9751

Why did you cap this? Maybe I don’t have people to play arena with and to far of a noob for playing solo arena… Did this say anywhere? I’ve played several custom matches now, with diff chars, because I thought it was a bug or something…

Reward tracks question

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

thanks justin!

could you let us in on more details regarding the rewards track?
some solid numbers would help a lot!

for example, the reward track bar is divided into 8 smaller bars
say, each bar is worth 100 reward points

for example,
team arena win = 40 points
solo arena win = 30 points
team arena lose = 20 points
custom arena win = 20 points
solo arena lose = 15 points
custom arena lose = 10 points

please, justin?
thanks!

each “Tier” of the track is split up into smaller sections..
The first tier contains 4 minor rewards followed by the final reward for that tier, so lets for the sake of it:
Each minor reward is at 20,40,60,80 points and the final reward is at 100 points.
A solo arena lose grants you half the progress you need towards the next reward, thus a solo arena loss = 10 points.
A solo arena win grants you double that of a loss, thus immediatly pushing you up to the next reward.. thus: 20 points.

As I refuse to play quickjoin, I cant say for sure what the steps are for it but I wouldn’t be surprised if those were 5/10 and then the team arena is perhaps 20/40.

Reward tracks question

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why did you cap this? Maybe I don’t have people to play arena with and to far of a noob for playing solo arena… Did this say anywhere? I’ve played several custom matches now, with diff chars, because I thought it was a bug or something…

The fact that he said that it will ALWAYS give progress would suggest that the “cap” is a bug.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Reward tracks question

in PvP

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I haven’t tried solo arena yet. Does it give a lot more progress towards rewards than hotjoin? Standard random matches only gave me 1%, and that seems pretty good for a loss. Anyone know how much individual matches get?

Reward tracks question

in PvP

Posted by: Velimirius.7018

Velimirius.7018

i got stuck on 26% while playing standard games and custom arenas, but it worked after in solo arenas.

Reward tracks question

in PvP

Posted by: Pautik.9751

Pautik.9751

Yeah, tried the Solo Arena join, and it wasnt capped there, but I’m not a pvper and don’t want to ruin it for the real competetive people, so its a shame they capped they custom arena… Guess I’ll have to learn to play or just do little every day instead. Anyway, don’t want to whine, its a nice feature to get rewards from spvp

Reward tracks question

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

thanks everyone for the feedback!

well, after trying out some hotjoin games, i found out that,

a win in hotjoin (provided that i join from the start and the end) will give me one (1) full bar of the mini tier

i.e. 1/40 for the arah reward track

arah reward track got 8 tiers, each tier got 5 sub tiers.
a win in hotjoin will progress one full bar of the sub tier.

a loss, however, i think, errr mayeb 20% of the sub tier? means 0.2 / 40