Reward tracks & the linked rewards (future?)

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

So the reward tracks have been attracting alot of new people to PvP, which is a good thing. I don’t even care if they are weak at PvP, everyone needs time to learn and find out if they like it or not. I think the reward tracks are helping out on that alot.

I’ve asked my friends their opinion on the pvers that are trying out PvE, we found out that it has two sides.

1. The community is getting bigger, leading to more competition after some time. Which can be great, when we are also getting new gamemodes we have more challenge.
2. Alot are frustrated by their unwareness of PvP, which is making them rage alot, reducing their fun in PvP and losing alot matches.

After all I try to help them where I can by giving advice or builds. Sometimes they accept advice, sometimes they tell me that I dont know what I am talking about and they’r continueing capping closepoint with two people when the match starts. At this point I can perfectly understand that PvPers are frustrated and would like to see PvErs dissapear from PvP.

I don’t think that PvPers got rewarded at all, after nearly two years. It’s great that we got new things, but we never got something rewarding. All we had were the skins and finishers. Now the ranks got buffed and the skins are united, that little bit of reward is, atleast for me it is, mostly gone. At the other side, PvErs come in PvP with their Legendaries, FOTM weapons/backpieces and other PvE rewarded skins. That’s good for them, they worked for it. PvPers have no way to get this, but doing PvE. The new reward tracks don’t really work that much towards a legendary. (Map gift, crafting disciplines and so on.)

There are great suggestions and idea’s popping up on the forum about this. But it seems like, mostly PvErs, are directly rejecting these idea’s.. As example the FOTM reward track, Precursor reward track or the Map gift track. These were great idea’s in my eyes, but it seems like some people don’t want us to touch high rewards or they don’t want things to be earnable by different ways.

Please share your own opinions in this thread. Also tell things you’d like to see in the future. Keep it constructive and friendly. Everyone has a different point of view and interest.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

(edited by Quincy.2198)

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I think it’s no secret that PvP’ers got badly hit by this patch. Some say “Well, something’s better than nothing!”. To which the obvious response is that previously PvP and PvE were separate. Now that the gear has been merged for the two, it’s far worse.

Question – how do you tell a veteran PvP player from a veteran PvE player? So far, only titles. Nothing else. Thank god for small mercies I guess.

in PvP

Quincy.2198

I think it’s no secret that PvP’ers got badly hit by this patch. Some say “Well, something’s better than nothing!”. To which the obvious response is that previously PvP and PvE were separate. Now that the gear has been merged for the two, it’s far worse.

Question – how do you tell a veteran PvP player from a veteran PvE player? So far, only titles. Nothing else. Thank god for small mercies I guess.

Since the rank got reworked, I am not sure how to tell a veteran PvP player.. Because all 53+ got buffed and r53 wasn’t hard to get at all..

A veteran PvE player has achieved above 9/10k+ achievement points, legendary(s), FOTM backpieces, Ascended armor and so on. This is after all my own opinion.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

(edited by Quincy.2198)

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

I totally agree.
However, as ANet probably is now bundeling their resources into the Asia release, I think we wont see any new reward tracks or sth. similar for a long, long time.

This is typical for ANet. They replace one half-done system with another one.

If there wasn’t the possiblity to permanently unlock a dungeon track via PvE, I’d bet that the PvP population would sink to pre patch levels again, as soon as the CoF patch comes up.

in PvP

Quincy.2198

I totally agree.
However, as ANet probably is now bundeling their resources into the Asia release, I think we wont see any new reward tracks or sth. similar for a long, long time.

This is typical for ANet. They replace one half-done system with another one.

If there wasn’t the possiblity to permanently unlock a dungeon track via PvE, I’d bet that the PvP population would sink to pre patch levels again, as soon as the CoF patch comes up.

They could atleast fix a few things.. Like giving more t6 mats.. We are barely getting these. This is compared to PvE atleast, but PvPers are used to the fact that we’re receiving way less than PvE.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

It’s quite easy to see the difference between a veteran PvP:er and a newbie: both rank and skill show the difference, though the problem still remains for rank 80s as everyone from 55 and above got that rank. Furthermore, I feel that PvP is very rewarding; sure, you can get more stuff from farming in PvE, but I really don’t think that PvP should be the best way of getting loot, especially the dungeon-related kind.

in PvP

Quincy.2198

It’s quite easy to see the difference between a veteran PvP:er and a newbie: both rank and skill show the difference, though the problem still remains for rank 80s as everyone from 55 and above got that rank. Furthermore, I feel that PvP is very rewarding; sure, you can get more stuff from farming in PvE, but I really don’t think that PvP should be the best way of getting loot, especially the dungeon-related kind.

That’s true, we are being more rewarded at the moment. But I think it’s quite unfair that they promised -PvP Legendaries- but in fact you just need to carry them over from PvE.
We need our own way to get a legendary.. Thats also what Anet promised.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw