Rewards Missing from Leagues & Divisions

in PvP

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Before you read this post, take a quick look at the article:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-pvp-leagues/

This article mentions several things regarding rewards that are simply not there.

Currently, the rewards for leagues are as follows:
Shards of Glory
League Tickets
Gold
Transmutation Charges
Unidentified Dyes

Now I’m only a sapphire baby right now, so if the rewards follow more along the lines of the article later, feel free to correct me but those are not what the article described.

The article specifically mentions

Prestigious Items
Unique rewards
REWARDS (mentioned a whole THIRTEEN times in the article)

There’s a couple things that I want to highlight with this article but I think the main quote should suffice

Crossing into a new tier for the first time in a season earns you rewards, and bigger rewards and prestigious items are awarded each time you make it into a more advanced division.

Crossing into the next division earns you prestigious items? ItemS. Item, with an S. As in, more than one. I mean I know the Legendary Backpack exists but beyond this there is effectively nothing, seeing as an Ascended Amulet isn’t exactly “prestigious” and can basically just be bought with gold from the TP (via Shards of Glory, which can be obtained by completely ignoring ranked).

Again, another quote to further my point;

During a season, players begin in the starter division and earn their way up to the next by defeating other players within their division, earning rewards and gaining prestigious items along the way. PvP leagues will give players of all skill levels regular goals, better matchmaking, and unique rewards, and they’ll provide a better system for ranked play in Guild Wars 2.

Again, we see Prestigous Items and Unique Rewards mentioned. Where exactly are these? One single legendary backpack does not cut it as a plural, sorry. You also can’t include the precursor items here either, because they’re part of it. As far as I’m aware, leagues reward effectively nothing outside of that backpack. The only thing outside of this is the Mini Llama which I wouldn’t exactly call prestigious.

I don’t want to call out ANet as liars, because I know all too well about having to cut features from projects. It just happens, but some honesty here would be great. We weren’t even told rewards were being cut back.

Would it be so hard to pop in some of the old unobtainable skins into the Vendor or even as Division/Tier rewards? The Tribal Skins are a perfect example. Hell you could even charge PvP League Tickets for these, as it would potentially make the Backpack more prestigious, as you’d have to forgo other items.

Tl;dr here is that ANet told us “Unique” and “Prestigious” rewards would be given out for Leagues, but the only Unique or Prestigious item here is the backpack. Nothing else. One item, albeit it awesome, does not warrant making it seem as if there’s going to be loads of rewards on off.

noice

(edited by mexay.3902)

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Tribal armor skin or riot!!!

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

Please for the love of god just allow us to convert tomes knowledge to something else, maybe 1 tome + 5 shards glory for 1 experience booster or something like that? At least then I can make progress leveling masteries with my 8 lvl 80 characters! I don’t need more frickin tomes!

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’m pretty sure they were referring to the wings and stuff like Vial of Salt. May be oversight that you don’t have to be a certain rank or division to purchase the items for the amulet.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

The bit out of the quote *’PvP leagues will give players of all skill levels regular goals, better matchmaking, and unique rewards, and they’ll provide a better system for ranked play in Guild Wars 2.’ *

What is the joke in that quote?
Better Matchmaking.

I’m about to die laughing – why ?
We're seeing match making manipulation, afk'rs, bad plays all to progress through the tiers for unique rewards. IT gets funnier as *NOTHING* is being done to stop this - Its all _cheap talk_ right now until we see something definitive happen to stop this.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

If it was up to me, I would leave it exactly as it is.

We don’t need to attract any more pve kittenters into pvp by dangling some carrot in front of them that they can’t get otherwise.

A prestigious title, and the shiny badge next to your name would more than suffice for true pvp players.