Rewards: Tokens for Skins

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Doing Ranked matches should award tokens, tokens could then be exchanged for skins. Not physical items, just skins:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/PvP_reward

simple really…

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

But you can just trade ascended shards for skins…already.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Kreweless.2196

Kreweless.2196

Yeah but only for Ardent Glorious Armor. He’s talking about the pre-wardrobe days when PvPers got all kinds of skins for their lockers.

Segregating the player-base between game-types was better, but we had more PvPers back then. They’re all playing Overwatch and Smite now.

in PvP

Posted by: FloIsAwsm.3467

FloIsAwsm.3467

3 armor sets, which are obtainable through a reward track…

He wants every skin in the game. Which would be a change I personally would love to see, but with our current system would be pretty unfair for people who don’t play pvp. (but to be honest not even close enough compensation for getting next to nothing the past years…)

Anyway, I do believe the reward system should to be reworked. I did like how you could buy ascended armor just with ascended shards, but they just gave away the shards too easy. Now the only thing remotely interesting are Mini Llamas(only obtainable through league tickets, sadly). Consequently ascended shards have become another item I won’t use and that will accumulate over time. Just like my Tomes of Knowledge(1,4k), Shards of Glory(5k) and Transmutation Charges(about 1k). I have given up thinking anet will add items that could be interesting.

I wanted to post something about the reward system in pvp, but never found the time to do it. But here is a short version:

Exclusive skins obtainable with a currency that is awarded based on your skill rating. That way people would have an incentive to get better at the game than just to farm ascended gear in bronze. I think this would be a nice way to make the pvp scene grow. (not to an esports level, this ship has sailed, but still)