Rewards for Top 1 player.

in PvP

Posted by: Taci.8125

Taci.8125

Well, I’ve been playing ranked matches lately non stop and what bothers me the most is that sometimes I do my best but my team just sucks and they don’t try hard enough. It’s like I tried harder than the others but we all end up with the same thing. Just not fair.

What if the Top 1 player on the losing team got the same reward as the winning team AND the match didnt count as a loss? People wouldnt give up on the first 100points difference, they would try harder and even if their team is doing pretty bad, they can still go for TOP 1 and somewhat help their team to catch up.

Anyway, just a thought I guessed it wouldnt cost to share :P

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

you can’t know whos the top 1 player, because score doesn’t mean anything, usually a top player in a losing team arent highest scored, some times yes, but mostly no.

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Team arena is for the Teams. The rewards relate to team success.

If you are good, you will be noticed and you will notice who else is good in the matches that you play. Add that player to your team and queue together next game; keep adding good people to your team and you will have a 5 man full team eventually. If you all play well together, keep running that same team everyday. You will get better. Don’t forget to add good players to your friendlist.

In a few days, if you stick to the plan I just laid out above, you will not need to make a post like your OP ever again but, your opponents will do so.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

No, this would only encourage people to farm it with a friend or zerg points in hotjoin.

in PvP

Taci.8125

you can’t know whos the top 1 player, because score doesn’t mean anything, usually a top player in a losing team arent highest scored, some times yes, but mostly no.

Yeah, I know score isnt accurate on saying who’s done better but it would be an incentive for people to do things.

No semi afkers players on points will do better on score than someone really trying to win the game though.

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Terrible idea. Promotes point farming and constant attemps of backcapping. Bunkers usually have the lowest points on the team, but are vital to the teams’ success. Most points DOES NOT mean most contribution.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Yeah, I know score isnt accurate on saying who’s done better but it would be an incentive for people to do things.

No semi afkers players on points will do better on score than someone really trying to win the game though.

Incentivizing people to do “things” even wrong things instead of winning? Why?

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Man I love point skitten in STPvP. Sitting on an objective that already has someone on it to get those SWEET SWEET 20 pointeroos, so I can jerk it when I have 100 more points than anyone else.

Doing something like that OP, would just turn everyone into a scumbag and you’d see crazy kitten like 5 ppl capping home for the points.

in PvP

Posted by: leungctm.1362

leungctm.1362

wow this post is dumb

Top 50 NA Tpvp Guardian (Rizzylard)
Best Mercenary Guardian you can find to fill your last slot.
Keep Calm and PVP Hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

Even more people would leave home – or any point for that matter – to get points elsewhere, which doesn’t promote conquest. That’s why personal score -> rank was removed from hotjoins.

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Rank used to depend on personal score 6 months ago and the dev team moved away from it because it was a bad idea, this suggestion is not realistic.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in PvP

Taci.8125

I play a bunker as well and I rarely get the highest personal score but that is not the point.

The point of this thread is not just to get something to benefit one player but sPvP in general and teams who feel like they’re bad from start of the match.
Ranked games have become luck based and you have to pray to get a decent team that knows what to do (and like someone already mentioned, ‘’get a team’’ isn’t the question, if Solo Q exists, then people who aren’t that social or don’t have the time for e-friends should get a bit of love too).

Anyway, I just thought this could be a way to motive teams to keep on fighting other than sit afk and bash other people lol. I know it wasn’t the best idea but this whole thing has been ruining my game experience ._.

Thanks for the ones who politely showed their opinions!

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Modifie it a little , into :
You get rewards based on your perfomance (as you said) – cap at 65% bonus
But winning the game offer the 100% bonus

There will be ppl that will keep fighting even if they loose , (such a beautiful anti-afk system was wasted by the community …)
and the team with the proper rotations + bunkers + communication , will get more rewards and Leaderboard rankings

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Score means nothing my frands! All this suggestion will do is promote bad play! We’ll see things like multiple people capping points to get a higher score for better rewards! That just won’t do! If you want rewards, then try your hardest to win!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Bud if there is a reward for rank 1 player I’d be living next to Hugh Hefner right about now.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker