Rewards for Top Rank 100 Players?

in PvP

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

Q:

Apart from guild rewards, are there going to be any individual rewards for example top rank 100 players on the leaderboard?

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Hope not, due to the fact all were stronghold boosters.
Not a guild reward too.

:3

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

It would be odd if they did. The message this would send out is if you exploit and game our system we will reward you for it, and if you don’t and play how we intended..then too bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Kevin.4209

Kevin.4209

It would be odd if they did. The message this would send out is if you exploit and game our system we will reward you for it, and if you don’t and play how we intended..then too bad.

Have you ever considered that the top players are mostly just good players and that exploiters are a small minority? Being at the elo where I get matched with those players, that had been my experience.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Have you ever considered that the top players are mostly just good players and that exploiters are a small minority? Being at the elo where I get matched with those players, that had been my experience.

No. Read through the forum threads, even pros were doing this and citing they did it to shorten queue times. An apparent side effect from this was climbing the league much faster. Was it a side effect, or the main intent, who knows. But the first debut league results have been tainted from day 1.

in PvP

Kevin.4209

No. Read through the forum threads, even pros were doing this and citing they did it to shorten queue times. An apparent side effect from this was climbing the league much faster. Was it a side effect, or the main intent, who knows. But the first debut league results have been tainted from day 1.

I personally know people who have abused and its not nearly as effective as you think. Qing stronghold with five people was leading to extremely long q times for them. Five man premades of good players also get incredibly long q times. Qing with ambers could work, but only if the ambers were actually decent, and that has been fixed now. All these techniques worked well at first but over time their effectiveness diminished for various reasons

I’m just annoyed by all the diamonds who can’t climb out themselves and say anyone who has was abusing (not saying you are one of those people, but I’ve heard it a lot lately). Also there’s a lot of people who talk about how bad legends are, but that’s a symptom of the fact a lot of them are trying new classes and not playing seriously because they lack the incentive.
Another thing to keep in mind- even good players have bad games, just watch the top streamers and you’ll see this.

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

diamonds are usually put against legends, so if they see they suck, they may have a point.
Also remember that the game allows soloq and premade to share the same queue, and actually the “pip” system is not worth it like the first 2 months.

So you don’t have any point.

That’s why ANET should have done their fix out of the season and not meanwhile.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

yeah, they already rewarded exploiters by not punishing them in any way

giving them extra rewards?….. /faceplam

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Kevin.4209

diamonds are usually put against legends, so if they see they suck, they may have a point.
Also remember that the game allows soloq and premade to share the same queue, and actually the “pip” system is not worth it like the first 2 months.

So you don’t have any point.

That’s why ANET should have done their fix out of the season and not meanwhile.

Well, here’s what I experienced, having hit legend a couple weeks ago. I rarely ran into premades, I’m assuming because people hardly play premades in ranked ATM. The q times are too long. When I did run into them, my solo q team either won or did well enough not to lose a pip. Finally, when I hit legend, the players got way better. I had a 65% win rate in diamond and climbed it in under a week. However, upon hitting legend, that normalized to 50% and on average my opponents were quite good.