Rewards from new PvP rank up chests

in PvP

Posted by: Purist.3175

Purist.3175

Please share what rewards you have received from the new rank up chest.

Large rank up chest: Rank 45

1 Tome of knowledge
5 reward bags (similar to pve champion bags)

Contents of the 5 reward bags:
5 level 80 greens
28 piles of bloodstone dust
2 Orichalcum ore (T6 material)
1 Vial of powerful blood (T6 material)
2 Thick leather sections (T5 material)
2 Intricate totems (T5 material)
1 Unidentifiable object

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

why do they keep pushing pve rewards on us?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Anet should let me reset my rank back to R1.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Because players wanted PvP to be more rewarding and those rewards you see there are all the have got to offer you…

Now go forge your ascended kitten or your legendary kitten and be a good player for Anet…

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Reading between the lines, they are giving us T6 mats etc. so that we can craft a legendary or other items the regular way, and just farm the mats in pvp.

Terribly vexing to say the least, but I didn’t really expect anything more.

kittenguy who has played loyal to GW2 since beta, GG guy who joined yesterday

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

Reading between the lines, they are giving us T6 mats etc. so that we can craft a legendary or other items the regular way, and just farm the mats in pvp.

Terribly vexing to say the least, but I didn’t really expect anything more.
kittenguy who has played loyal to GW2 since beta, GG guy who joined yesterday

I get it now, but that leads me to another questing. as a person that almost always pvp with little pve and doesn’t have a crafting discipline whats the point of those mats?

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Does it mean you only got one chest… ? No chest for 5 – 10 – 15 – 20 – 25 – 30 – 35 and 40 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

Anet should let me reset my rank back to R1.

This a hundred times over please! I would burn all my glory for a rank 1 reset.

I hope they implement that soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

So I need 150k rank points to get a single chest…uh-huh

At least in WvW it was retroactive when it came to wxp/chest. Why not take the same route here?

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Purist.3175

Purist.3175

Does it mean you only got one chest… ? No chest for 5 – 10 – 15 – 20 – 25 – 30 – 35 and 40 ?

I only got 1 chest upon achieving rank 45.

I was actually in a weird situation yesterday when I was only 1000 rank points away from rank 45. I felt that I had to stop queuing because I did not want to rank up before the update. I stopped queuing because if I gained another rank before the update, that rank would not be rewarded.

I think we should be rewarded for the ranks we obtained previously. Possibly have a bonus chest come up during the daily reset (mildly resembling what they do for WvW ranks).

WvW ranks are a static 5000 WXP each rank. PvP rank get’s harder to obtain every 10 ranks. If they do retroactively reward rank chests, I hope they don’t do it exactly like WvW where you get a bonus chest on rank up. I am rank 45 right now and I don’t think I will every get to rank 90. Those tomes of knowledge are a great way to level up my characters for WvW and right now I feel like I just lost 45 levels.

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Forming a champ train, heart of the mists, rotation will be team arena – solo arena – hotjoin.

in PvP

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

its a way for them to pretend to give us something while not actually giving us anything at all of value (because after all they have a virtual economy to manage right, which the whole glory thing should have sufficed but they had to take that away)…

all i do is pvp and wvw and most drops in wvw now are t7 mats, so unlike the previously heretofore thought of worthless drop spike they’re really giving us nothing because at least we could sell spike ’s. this crap we just have to destroy because honestly, are we going to spend a fortunes to level up our crafting just to use all this worthless junk we keep getting; especially since we get such small quantities, it takes such large quantities, the weapons / armor looks like kitten and still is unusable in pvp?

genius!

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in PvP

muscarine.5136

I only got 1 chest upon achieving rank 45.

I was actually in a weird situation yesterday when I was only 1000 rank points away from rank 45. I felt that I had to stop queuing because I did not want to rank up before the update. I stopped queuing because if I gained another rank before the update, that rank would not be rewarded.

I think we should be rewarded for the ranks we obtained previously. Possibly have a bonus chest come up during the daily reset (mildly resembling what they do for WvW ranks).

WvW ranks are a static 5000 WXP each rank. PvP rank get’s harder to obtain every 10 ranks. If they do retroactively reward rank chests, I hope they don’t do it exactly like WvW where you get a bonus chest on rank up. I am rank 45 right now and I don’t think I will every get to rank 90. Those tomes of knowledge are a great way to level up my characters for WvW and right now I feel like I just lost 45 levels.

I cant kittening believe this.

So i’m at r58, that means i’m screwed with 11 chests.

I hope we’re wrong somewhere otherwise this is becoming pathetic.

in PvP

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

Bloodstone………..

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I like your idea of retroactively implementing it through dailies and possibly monthlies.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Those are all just terrible.

I mean I can see why they ended glory due to the future wardrobe coming for the PvE side and they are trying to minimize the damage done, but this is ridiculous.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Ksnake.8097

Ksnake.8097

Pvpers Second Class Citizen in Tyria Confirmed Again.

in PvP

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

They’re trying to push players into playing all aspects of their game. I understand that and those that WvW and sPvP will be happy, but strictly sPvP players have been shafted.

What would you strictly sPvP players want for rewards? Because there is no gear progression in sPvP, there cannot be gear rewards other than cosmetics – and from what I gather nobody here gives a kitten about it. So, leaderboards that work, and what else?

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

in PvP

muscarine.5136

They’re trying to push players into playing all aspects of their game. I understand that and those that WvW and sPvP will be happy, but strictly sPvP players have been shafted.

What would you strictly sPvP players want for rewards? Because there is no gear progression in sPvP, there cannot be gear rewards other than cosmetics – and from what I gather nobody here gives a kitten about it. So, leaderboards that work, and what else?

My freaking 11 chests ? _

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Well for starters, theres a ton of pve items we cant get from pvping so why not throw that around.. make a reward that you can use in PvE but that is exclusively obtained within PvP and make it HARD to get and by HARD I don’t mean “herpskitten click open 419081 boxes of pvpness” but something that takes actual effort and isn’t based on RNG.

in PvP

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

My freaking 11 chests ? _

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

What were before PvE rewards are becoming PvP rewards as well, so they’re not “pushing PvE rewards” on you, but rather building a bridge between PvE and PvP rewards to make both PvE and PvP more inclusive to players rather than exclusive.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I want to have my chests for r55. Go anet and give me what I earned.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

I want to have my chests for r55. Go anet and give me what I earned.

I guess you have to submit a ticket for a refund, like they did with glory boosters bought with gems via tp. You will get a response, soon. Reaaly soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Allowing players to cross over aspects of the game =/= pushing players into other aspects.

in PvP

Posted by: Surferboy.1649

Surferboy.1649

you really want these kittenty rewards? they could at least give us 1 exotic per rank up, i got t1-2 mats on rank 24, so what shall i do with that kitten. it is worth nothing. I’d rather get the old chests.
Also winning a match in spvp and tpvp just feels lame now. I’m always waiting for a chest to pop up.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

the rewards are better than nothing, but of course far from balanced compared to effort and pve

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Rank 68 Chest

• 5 PvE Content bags!
  • 5 Scrolls of Experience!
  • 1 Tome of Knowledge!

;) GET AT ME!

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Rank 68

• 5 PvE Content bags!
  • 1 Tome of Knowledge!

;) GET AT ME!

Wish I was rank1 again.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

Dragonite ore would at least bring some pvers into pvp but ofc it s bloodstone dust.
Anyways for pvpers it s just straight out worthless, now i have to leave the mists to get a salvage kit and walk all the way to the trading post if i don t want my inventory to cloak up. Serious guys do you even think when you pull out updates? Implement a merchant/tp/bank in the mists otherwise it s just more stupidious as it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

in PvP

Posted by: ShakeItOut.6781

ShakeItOut.6781

Today is another bad day for the PvP community.

1.We are punished to be ranked up, approximatly 3k Hours on Pvp and no reward from you.
2.When a Pve player has 3k hours, he usually got a legendary weapon, etc etc etc… We are level 60+ and we don’t even have a safe exotic in chests, lucky is not for PvP players.
3.Lucky is NOT what we are looking for when we do PvP, we want our skill get rewarded, our time spent on it too, come on is it so hard to understand ?

I’m deeply sad, and hope, like always, you can understand us/me and fix it.

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The amount of effort you need to put in for what you get in pvp vs wvw/pve is a total joke. Before it was sort of separate reward wise with the skins and I felt that wvw had the worst, but jeeze… this just blows everything else out of the water for #1 least rewarding.

It seems to be a theme that anything not Vs. AI gets junk.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

LOL…….

Ok so lets think about this. Those rewards are so minuscule, and the fact that you only get 1 t6 mat? LOL……..IF you manage to get to rank 60, which takes a considerable amount of time, you will only manage to get 60 of those chests and 60 t6 mats.

All I can say is that I hope these are temporary, and even if they are, those that are already high level will hardly receive any of these minuscule rewards…..

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Rank 68

• 5 PvE Content bags!
  • 1 Tome of Knowledge!

;) GET AT ME!

Wish I was rank1 again.

Same! missing out on so much experience and knowledge :[

in PvP

Posted by: Elfindale.4836

Elfindale.4836

So I need 150k rank points to get a single chest…uh-huh

At least in WvW it was retroactive when it came to wxp/chest. Why not take the same route here?

here at pvp we are second class citizens brah, got to live with that, too insignificant to worth the precious time of dev, they got living story and wvw to do.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I would suggest in stead of rewarding say, 54 chests retroactively to a player, Arenanet should give a ‘megachest’ for each 10, 20, 30, 40, rank achieved so far that has roughly 10x the mats that these chests have.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Kyvia.5961

Kyvia.5961

Everyone complaining about retroactive rewards…you are missing very very little.

Hit Rank 20, since I was close to it (not a huge PvP fan in this game), and I got:
1 Scroll of Knowledge
8 Oranges
1 Crude Salvage Kit
1 Sharp Fang
2s 86c

I would have been better off monetarily just killing one champ in Queensdale.