Ride the solo que 3-4 man

in PvP

Posted by: Tyrion.8632

Tyrion.8632

What ive seen so far is people abusing solo que once again. People gather up 3-4 players strong pvp team and ride through the leagues in solo que like there was no tommorow. U guys said there shouldnt be anyone facing premades when ure solo que? of my games ive seen at least 20-30 games people teaming up 3-4 from same guild or pug teams connected. but i figure u didnt thnk about people team up 3-4 and get into solo que and get “free organiced wins”. Nice league u guys got here…. Necros, DHs, and Druids all the way… gg

(edited by Tyrion.8632)

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

If they’re good, then the 3/4 player team will move beyond your tier soon enough, if not, well, doesn’t really matter.

in PvP

Posted by: Togo.7094

Togo.7094

If they’re good, then the 3/4 player team will move beyond your tier soon enough, if not, well, doesn’t really matter.

and up until that happens you are their fodder for pips leaving you in match making hell because you drew the short straw and kept getting paired to fight against said team.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The matchmaking person for ANET really needs to improve. Not sure why it is so hard to implement a model where a group of 5 pugs is NEVER matched with a premade of 3, 4, or 5.

in PvP

Tyrion.8632

Solo que doesnt face premades? strange

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Solo que doesnt face premades? strange

You’re not a full 5 man solo. You have 3 solos and duo vs a premade 5. That’s still allowed via the matchmaking.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Not saying it’s ideal, but not every premade is good either, just play your best no matter the hand you’re dealt.
Like Chinese poker, a bad hand played well can beat a good hand:) not the best metaphor but hey.. lol

in PvP

Tyrion.8632

u are kidding me right? then whats the point sayin there will not be any premades in a solo que… as a 5 man premade can face anyoone then? 2 man duo and a tre man duo can face a premade? Then u still ahve to fill up the spots whit Solo que players that werent suppose to be there in the first place! then its still a Solo que problem! Cant u see that? those 3 solo que should not face ANY premades…

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

There is no solo queue in this game. We’ve asked for it but it doesn’t exist. The only thing that does is a full 5 solo players will not face a full 5 premade. Any other grouping will face a 5 man.

in PvP

Tyrion.8632

As they have blend in 2 man in all solo que grouping and that that is possible, then there is more then a hig chance that that grouping will face a premade, 3 man or and other duo. Whitch in this case states that there isnt any Solo que at ALL. AS u always get pared whit some Duo or trio. in EVERY game…

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Nope, not kidding Tyrion.

2, 1, 1, 1
3, 1, 1
3, 2

are all considered (currently) valid opponent groups vs a full premade 5.

What was stated that was there would be no more 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 vs 5

There is no more separation of solo and team queue (hasn’t been for a very long time, people apparently have forgotten that they did uses to be separate). For “reasons.” I’m not going to go into the whole debate. I’m sure the threads are still around somewhere.

in PvP

Tyrion.8632

What a shame….

in PvP

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

Just want to add that a team tag on the scoreboard doesn’t mean it’s a full premade. A few days ago I was matched on one of these teams, it seemed to be a 3man premade.

But I agree 3 or 4manning seems the best way to go, especially with the way MMR seems to work this season.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

The problem is if you are a solo player. you can’t progress after ruby. So everyone even lower skiller players than you will get Diamond and Legendary Div while you as a skilled people just sit in Ruby because the system punish you for being a solo player.

So lets see what is the current system:

1. If you are solo player system punishing you .
2. It gives premades free wins/solo player farming is going on hard.
3. Worse players than you get Diamond and Legendary Div and title with premades. While you if you are better player only have max. Ruby Division.

What we need? Reward solo players and/or i want back solo arena. Make Divisions for solo players too and lets see what they can do on their own with pug teams!! not abusing team q to get high div and farm soloers. Lets see who is the good player then where the premade ladder climbing is disabled.

I also was thinking about the system should make sure to both teams have the same amount of bunker/support and dps to make it sure your conquest game will be balanced and more competitive.

Share your thoughts.

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Just want to add that a team tag on the scoreboard doesn’t mean it’s a full premade. A few days ago I was matched on one of these teams, it seemed to be a 3man premade.

But I agree 3 or 4manning seems the best way to go, especially with the way MMR seems to work this season.

Right. You just need a minimum of 3 people to “create” a team, iirc. So, if you see a tag, it could be a group of 3, 4 or 5.

In Tyrion’s specific screenie, it was a full 5. Which is only case where the “full solo” opponent team won’t happen.

But yeah…finding 2-3 people that you “click” with seems to be the way to go. Sucks for people like me.

in PvP

Tyrion.8632

I just dont understand why come out whit that people can safly solo que and not facing any premades when the truth is the opposite -.-

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Where did you hear that as a solo player you’d never face “any” premade? And what are you defining as “premade”?

in PvP

Tyrion.8632

yeah i see missleading… Five-person premade groups will never be matched up against a group made up of five solo players. Desnt relly mean anything. It just says.. we will continue feeding u to the pres. Because our match making system cant hold 2 diffrent ques.

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Its not that they can’t. Because the used to. Its more we just don’t have the population to do it.

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Its not that they can’t. Because the used to. Its more we just don’t have the population to do it.

Then people will leave the game as solo Ruby games are everything but not fun most of the time. Its not the i win or lose the matches. Its the one sided matchups. One team have teamplay (usually enemy team for me) other team don’t have teamplay and their skill level map understanding, awarness, rotating, defending,roaming is about as good as Amber division but they are Close to Ruby or Ruby already! they are so bad they want to focus the hardest to kill targets while necros and guards freecasting at enemy team and all that stupid thing and they are same Division as me. thats what i call joke. it makes me so unhappy to have to play with low skill teammates in same Division against a whole team close to same skilled or same skilled as me. That system works against me and usually only put me against players that all can play while i get some eles that dies in 2sec and same for others rare when i get teamplayer teammates, very rare.

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I feel your pain Rolisteel, I really do. I’m stuck in Emerald and I see the same crap. I wonder what the hell my team is doing, while I watch the opposing team rotating around the map like champs. Getting blown out of the water 500 to “insert anything less than 100 here” isn’t enjoyable. Conversely, being on the winning side of that type of match isn’t fun either. I’d have more fun with Laser’s slot machine in that instance.

However, we have a bit of a catch 22 here. The old “to get the job, you need to have experience, but to get the experience you need to have the job” type thing.

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

It got to the point i wanted to go back play FPS or MOBA ( There are the players not that terrible most of them actually can play okay. only that MOBA community is the worst ever. ) instead while i find or waiting for another MMORPG. I’ve always been a mid-high/high skilled player in most games i’ve played. My progress stop here my teammates just run like brainless chicken and doing the same thing that doesnt work for 10mins wasting my time. They don’t have brain power if something doesn’t work then CHANGE tactic,rotate as team that may work better. I just can’t accept it if this continues.

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

we need a soloq, its obvious that 99% of the premades that queue together do it to farm fast to legendary and dont care about “competitive” matches and anet doesnt give a kitten about it, they are like “join a group or die trying”

i have heard many times that we dont have the population to seperate soloq and teamq, but you know what ? if this kitten continues there will be no population left by the end of the year

soloq´er are the vast majority of the player base and its in anets best interesst not to kitten them over hust becasue of a few premades

and dont even get me started on esports..

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

“die trying” …. yeah… that sounds like my life right about now….

…even comes with a song….

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

video or it didn’t happen.

Can i ask a devs how many times you grouped up to get that dia t3?

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Also end of the match statistic doesn’t show i have any l2p issues. So i don no what are you talking about.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

As any of you can see i can come up with good statistic about my gameplay not just doing kitten from my mouth. Its easy to see im usually man of the match that doing everything for a team and still getting defeat most of the time. That bad system made me to carry almost every game with lower skilled players against better teams to make lower skilled peoples have a chance to climb ladder. I see the evil here.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Have you tried playing in a 3-man premade yourself? Chances are, you will lose most of your games. The difficulty lies in finding two or three other players with exactly your skill level, because only the best division tier in the premade is taken into account by the match-maker.

Even if you manage that, the 3-4 man still has a disadvantage MMR-wise, that can be somewhat compensated by superior communication via TS for example. But most rotations in GW2 can be deduced by carefully looking at life bars and the mini-map. So typically, premades are only better in team fights. You should win against most of them, and actually I think you already do. But when you do win, you think that’s because of your superior skill, and when you lose you blame the match-maker. It’s a cognitive bias.

edit: Changed incorrect information

(edited by Sorel.4870)

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

The difficulty lies in finding two or three other players with exactly your skill level, because only the best MMR in the premade is taken into account by the match-maker.

Except MMR isn’t taken into account at all in matchmaking. It’s only used for finding team mates, in which case having a high MMR player in your 3-man premade is highly beneficial.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

The difficulty lies in finding two or three other players with exactly your skill level, because only the best MMR in the premade is taken into account by the match-maker.

Except MMR isn’t taken into account at all in matchmaking. It’s only used for finding team mates, in which case having a high MMR player in your 3-man premade is highly beneficial.

You’re absolutely right. MMR is not the deciding factor, it’s the division and tier you’re in, sorry. I edited my previous post in consequence. Thanks a lot.

edit: Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/news/pvp-league-season-two-changes/