Rifle teef dmg

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: ends come.3926

ends come.3926

no comment. just do something about it till release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC9r-cIC544&feature=youtu.be

Attachments:

(edited by ends come.3926)

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Kaitori.8564

Kaitori.8564

no it’s fine, it’s meant to be like that

Irish Koffee
bst thef zibabwe nd argentina

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I wasn’t hyped for deadeye as the damage didnt look real enough for me but kitten. Even if they cut that by 50%, id still go for it

#newhypefordeadeye

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

The only way this is achievable is if you are stealthed for 30+ seconds to get full malice, have 25 stacks of power, and you’re targeting a Zerker spec with no defense……

So setting aside the fact that you need to be out of the fight and off point for over 30 seconds to even try a shot that can be reflected, LOS, and blocked. You need to have someone spamming buffs on you, and your target needs to be full zerker cloth class. But even setting that aside…the fact that it’s technically a 2v1 against and AFK person…what I’m saying is in order to get that number you have to set it up…..as in it doesn’t happen in real PvP….this is set up to be optimized for the biggest hit possible and you likely wont see numbers like that in 100 legit game unless someone is AFK.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

ends come.3926

he wasnt in stealth for 30 secs or non was buffing him he had round 20 stacks of might. i was on sage tho without protection or any other toughness trait or what so ever

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

This build was most likely running pure Zerker ammy running CS/Tr/DE with Scholar Runes and Two damage modifier Sigils to accuse that damage.

So essentially you got hit by a Player that can be one shot relatively easily……since it probably only had 11K hp and let you sit under Mark over 14-20 secs before taking the shot…….

It’s not all that much difference from the Rangers that built pure glass and Mauled for over 30k in Pvp before they nerfed the Signet…

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I can’t believe people are defending a skill hitting for 35,000 damage. It doesn’t matter what the conditions were, that isn’t balanced.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

ends come.3926

indeed cause this would one shot even builds with toughness and protection

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Raysson.2079

Raysson.2079

It’s a full glass cannon vs a full squishy (“Sage Amulet, no protection” → base toughness). Try the deadeye on a realistic build vs good players and then tell me again that it’s OP, LOL.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Luclinraider.2317

? I’ve hit for over 50K with thousand blades fully buffed against a zerker cloth…..so that must be SUPER unbalanced….and it took way less set up….I just jumped on them and hit 1 hotkey.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

No you havn’t rofl. That’s not how the amps work.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Luclinraider.2317

Lol! I mean, if we are taking numbers from a zerker with a 45 second set up against another zerker while having full buffs….then we can play scenario any way we like…right?

So ya…in an absolute pristine and perfect scenario DE can nail you for 35k….but likewise, other skills can do just as much if not more than that. Heck…my dagger #2 fully buffed crits for 35K now against Teq every day lol.

What I’m saying is: … these hits will almost never happen in proper PvP. Unless you’re bad enough to be full zerker, fighting someone equally bad whom is also full zerker, and they are AFK while you build malice and get full stacks of might for your 45 second prep…..it’s either set up just to try and get huge numbers…or it doesnt happen.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

ends come.3926

It’s a full glass cannon vs a full squishy (“Sage Amulet, no protection” -> base toughness). Try the deadeye on a realistic build vs good players and then tell me again that it’s OP, LOL.

As a condi mes, which is a realistic build, i dont feel that something aa me for 6k and shooting me for 25k casualy for 2 times in row is just right. wouldnt u agree ?

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

The damage is stupid, but this is the same group that gave us 1-shot mesmers, burn guardians, and condi thieves.

This is fine if they want a first person shooter style game, but they need to give every profession the same build options. It needs to be across the board if cheese is their intent.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

So its ok to be in stealth and do 35k dmg, I cant believe you are defending this, 11k hp or not this should not exist.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Sly.9518

Oh nooooo so much damage oh nooooo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rJcVCW_bwOs

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Kaitori.8564

To people saying it’s set up LUL

Irish Koffee

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

It’s like the people who make videos of one shot D/D thieves. Everyone focuses on the high numbers, but in reality it’s completely impractical. Slow to rotate, slow to build up damage, and requires glassy builds extremely susceptible to conditions to achieve those numbers. Daredevil is still light years ahead of deadeye in spvp.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: InViictuZz.1705

InViictuZz.1705

I rember everyone (including Thiefs) hating on true shot beeing op because it could hit for 8-10k with full zerker etc. ( basically same conditions deadeye has). But now you guys really try to defend a skill that allows you to oneshot a player from 1500 distance in stealth ??? Cnon guys

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I rember everyone (including Thiefs) hating on true shot beeing op because it could hit for 8-10k with full zerker etc. ( basically same conditions deadeye has). But now you guys really try to defend a skill that allows you to oneshot a player from 1500 distance in stealth ??? Cnon guys

Pepperidge farm remembers

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

You can’t stealth on Deaths Judgement it reveals you.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

But… that’s exactly what it is in your video too, do you honestly think you would have dealt that much damage if it wasn’t for the fact that you had 7 Malice, which by the way, takes 10 seconds to build up if you are attacking constantly with rifle.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Kaitori.8564

But… that’s exactly what it is in your video too, do you honestly think you would have dealt that much damage if it wasn’t for the fact that you had 7 Malice, which by the way, takes 10 seconds to build up if you are attacking constantly with rifle.

You make it sound like it’s difficult to stack 7 malice

Irish Koffee

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

You make it sound like it’s difficult to stack 7 malice

Well it’s easy but it takes time, longer than you probably should stay in a fight. And anyways, it has a massive indicator who is getting shot so it’s not like it’s very hard to dodge it.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Deadeye damage is insane. Even with little to no marks, they hit hard and are able to do so frequently and from a safe distance. There’s a reason that there are now 3+ in a match. Just stack damage, add a few evasive utilities and you will dominate every match.

Anet will also need to retool Svanir and Chiefton. A DE can take them out in 7 seconds from initial encounter.

(edited by DaShi.1368)

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: HistryGaming.9576

HistryGaming.9576

The video example, provided by Aurora, proves that a berserkers amulet, assassins signet, 7 malice stack deadeye can kill a light armor class without toughness in one hit.

Let’s compare deadeye to the HoT meta daredevil spec.
Daredevils mobility and survivability makes the class extremely good at a competetive level. You are able to make rotations and +1 that is uncounterable by the enemy team. Deadeye is a stationary target that relies on a non piercing blockable bullet to hit their target with a steal/backstab burst. If you didn’t notice there is also a line between you and the thief the moment he starts casting his killshot. Deadeye is unable to +1 on any map and is just going to make an excellent focus target for the enemy daredevil.
Deadeye has no survivability and is probably easier to focus than a moa in the current state. Any HoT meta spec is going to completely nullify the purpose of running this spec instead of daredevil.
Deadeye has a steal animation, and the stolen abilities are arguably worse than the core ones. On paper you will not land a single steal as the one chance you have will be from stealth before being focused by the entire enemy team and one shot. Daredevil has practically the same steal range, and has better follow up on the steal. If you get marked from a dead eye, you are aware of what’s going on and what is about to happen.
Gunflame warrior had a really good uptime on it’s F1. It also had ways to prevent blocks and piercing issues. You were unable to play reactively versus it in bigger fights (WvW/Gvg) so the nerf was healthy for the game as it was a non animation ranged stronger than any eviscarate damage. There is literally a line between you and the deadeye when you use your burst ability. It tells you before you do damage to dodge or shatter. You shouldn’t be able to avoid steal backstab, preventing a deadeye is having common sense.
Stacking malice is not hard, but it is super predictable. In theory the moment a thief lands a steal, the enemy daredevil is just going to completely destroy the deadeye. You need to realise how easy of a target this is to focus. It has no purpose in either GvG or PvP as long as 15 melee and daredevil remains as strong as it is. This is a spec that would be decent in the core game (pre HoT), but even then normal DP thief (6/0/2/0/6 or shadow arts).

Again, the clip shows a berserkers amulet deadeye kill shot a light armor class without toughness with assassins signet. I wish i could see the full clip to see what cooldowns you had, but there is already a clear missplay shown in the video. I will assume you have no dodges, blocks or distortions. You open from stealth on the deadeye and run towards the middle of 2 pillars. You could simply have been smart and ran behind either pillar and forced a shadowstep from the thief. You could have seen the white circle and used your staff 2 or simply walked to a new LoS. He did not even run shadowstep and any sane player would easily see that and play around it.

You can be the best player in the world and you will not avoid a daredevil if he is at the same level as you. A deadeye is handicapped power necromancer that has no purpose in the current meta and probably never will on a high level. Similar to most specs it is strong versus weaker players however completely useless the moment a decent player faces it.

Stop backpedalling

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

ends come.3926

are u srsly complaning bout me not avoiding something in 1st day of beta ?
when there is 100+ new skills and animations ? when i still trying to understand what mirage should do ?

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: jonemirant.1653

jonemirant.1653

meh, i think this kinda okay tho, thieve has always been one of those build-deleter, meaning its mere existence deletes the viability of many other diverse builds. And if you happen to run a build that doesn’t have some form of projectile disfunction, either roll with someone who does (like ele, dh, engy, drood), or your gonna have a bad day.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Trakarg.2095

Trakarg.2095

You failed to avoid an attack that hits you after a giant, obvious laser targets you for like one full second.

git gud.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

ends come.3926

You failed to avoid an attack that hits you after a giant, obvious laser targets you for like one full second.

git gud.

Are u totally kittened or just trying to be kittened ?
U think i should dodge something on 1st day of beta ?
U guys are still gettting hited with moa which is 5 years old skill u brainless

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

git gud.

By that logic, other skills such as mind wrack, back breaker, maul, gravedigger etc should also deal 30+k damage if the player equips berserker amulet. Somehow they are far away from that though. True shot was nerfed a hundred times despite dealing less than a third of the damage.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Sly.9518

git gud.

By that logic, other skills such as mind wrack, back breaker, maul, gravedigger etc should also deal 30+k damage if the player equips berserker amulet. Somehow they are far away from that though. True shot was nerfed a hundred times despite dealing less than a third of the damage.

You act as though Maul could never hit for over 24k + and recently even, you act as though Mesmers couldn’t Burst for that much.

You act as though that Burst on DJ required one skill not 3+ with obvious large tells, he’ll DJ reveals Thief before any damage is even applied. Lulz.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Erzian.5218

What you fail to see is that dead eye can do that without investing every single part of the build and game play into a single hit (running an actual build rather than some fully kitten maul build) and it does so while being ranged and having stealth to reposition which makes it much easier to actually pull it of aka more realistic.

Snipers Cover -> Dead Eye´s Mark -> Death`s Judgement already hits for 9+k. No need to wait for malice stacks, waste any utility skills, stack might or anything similar.

I actually like dead eye design but it should either have less stealth or less damage especially when the damage does not require much set up.

edit: Just played a ranked game on dead eye. No set ups beyond rifle 5+f1. No utilities etc to increase damage used.

Attachments:

(edited by Erzian.5218)

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

DMG dont truly matter here the real problem is:
what the hell they are smoking when had the idea:
-give the most movile class , the one whith more disengage capability, the one with major invisibility acces 1500 range atacks
if they cant oneshot with that atack the problem is still real. they had an enormous capacity to mantain that kittening 1500 range (300 units more than normal max range ranged attacks)

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Sly.9518

-give the most movile class , the one whith more disengage capability, the one with major invisibility acces 1500 range atacks
if they cant oneshot with that atack the problem is still real. they had an enormous capacity to mantain that kittening 1500 range (300 units more than normal max range ranged attacks)

Well to even use he skill they have to give up a lot of mobility. And the large tells and the skill reveals before any damage….

@ Erzian they do they have to put a lot into that i.e. Take every trait that provides a modifier and to let the Mark build up otherwise it will hit for only 5-7k how about so a full screenshot to show the dame right after it lands to see your no setup…. because full context is everything and it’s been proven people try to skew everything to their end… or better yet make a video since every video so far shows quite a bit of setup for the 20k plus shots(inb4 I can’t record a video because reasons)…. but hey again it’s not like their aren’t 3 very large tells involved with the skill and the Thief being almost completely immobile to even use it…

(edited by Sly.9518)

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Erzian.5218

4 defensive utilities, standard traits in trickery, sb as 2nd weapon.

5 -> f1 – > 3 (12k dmg) -> 4 (23k dmg)
(used shadow step to reposition myself as he tried to break line of sight)

Attachments:

(edited by Erzian.5218)

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

megilandil.7506

Well to even use he skill they have to give up a lot of mobility. And the large tells and the skill reveals before any damage….

@ Erzian they do they have to put a lot into that i.e. Take every trait that provides a modifier and to let the Mark build up otherwise it will hit for only 5-7k how about so a full screenshot to show the dame right after it lands to see your no setup…. because full context is everything and it’s been proven people try to skew everything to their end… or better yet make a video since every video so far shows quite a bit of setup for the 20k plus shots(inb4 I can’t record a video because reasons)…. but hey again it’s not like their aren’t 3 very large tells involved with the skill and the Thief being almost completely immobile to even use it…

im not talking of the big one shot atack, im talking of thief doing AA and some other kitten at permanent 1500 range unless you have a lot of gape-closers, imvulns , blocks to try(only try) to hunt them,(for close combat classes the p/p is and anoying build, imagine now the same at 1500) the big oneshot attack is the lesser of problems.

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Sly.9518

im not talking of the big one shot atack, im talking of thief doing AA and some other kitten at permanent 1500 range unless you have a lot of gape-closers, imvulns , blocks to try(only try) to hunt them,(for close combat classes the p/p is and anoying build, imagine now the same at 1500) the big oneshot attack is the lesser of problems.

Let’s take a stab at your supposed scenario.

1. 1500 range is only available while Kneeling, otherwise it’s all 1200 range, last i check every class has at least 1200 range Weapons.

2. Deadeye Loses the Majority of its Mobility while Kneeling.

3. The majority of Thief Mobility requires quite a bit of Initiative either through SB5 or Rifle 4 (not kneeling, for some reason I feel this needs to be stated), and behind two Large CDs.

4. Oh noo having to use counterplay to counter things is so horrible what will we ever do…… and if they are kiting off point they aren’t doing to much since LoS is a thing if you don’t want to use precious CDs when fighting a player, sorry this isn’t PvE where players can get away with just pressing 1 and stacking.

5. I wonder how people ever deal with the highly mobile 1500 range Druids hat have been running around, their AA is faster and does the same damage and they have just as high of potential of kiting at 1500 range, hmmm I wonder how people ever managed??

(edited by Sly.9518)

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

megilandil.7506

1. 1500 range is only available while Kneeling, otherwise it’s all 1200 range, last i check every class has at least 1200 range Weapons.

3. The majority of Thief Mobility requires quite a bit of Initiative either through SB5 or Rifle 4 (not kneeling, for some reason I feel this needs to be stated), and behind two Large CDs.

4. Oh noo having to use counterplay to counter things is so horrible what will we ever do…… and if they are kiting off point they aren’t doing to much since LoS is a thing if you don’t want to use precious CDs when fighting a player, sorry this isn’t PvE where players can get away with just pressing 1 and stacking.

5. I wonder how people ever deal with the highly mobile 1500 range Druids hat have been running around, their AA is faster and does the same damage and they have just as high of potential of kiting at 1500 range, hmmm I wonder how people ever managed??

1.ok but they can start shoting you at 1500 you have to close the 300 first ones to start shoting them, and unkneling have no cost and removes soft cc condis
2.unkneling have no cost and also removes soft cc condis and kneeling only cost one initiative
3.the same of above
4. another time only one class dictating entire meta, thief in the past had removed cristal canons from pvp, now they will make mandatory equiping a long range weapon
5. that there is a class that have bad design(allowing go full bunker without losing all damage potential, pet not afected by stats) not implies they have to introduce other and druid does not oneshot even the old power ranger cant

people says thief uses to be high risks/high reward that crap destroys entirely that concept making it a safe long range shooter

(edited by megilandil.7506)

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Sly.9518

1.ok but they can start shoting you at 1500 you have to close the 300 first ones to start shoting them, and unkneling have no cost and removes soft cc condis
2.unkneling have no cost and also removes soft cc condis and kneeling only cost one initiative
3.the same of above
4. another time only one class dictating entire meta, thief in the past had removed cristal canons from pvp, now they will make mandatory equiping a long range weapon
5. that there is a class that have bad design(allowing go full bunker without losing all damage potential, pet not afected by stats) not implies they have to introduce other and druid does not oneshot even the old power ranger cant

people says thief uses to be high risks/high reward that crap destroys entirely that concept making it a safe long range shooter

Lol

Constantly kneeling and unkneeling wastes Initiative also Kneeling has a 1/2 sec Cast time so if you keep forcing them to setup Kneel again they will lose quite a bit of initiative on top of them having to reposition, let alone the amount of ime having to cast Kneel and if they have Sniper’s Cover Traited that’s more initiative wasted.

Deadeye wont force the Meta all that much most classes Meta builds have Projectile hate/defenses built in, even the ESs.

Again why should you not have to counterplay people actively trying to kill your character? Again this isn’t PvE where you spam 1 to kill things without using CDs.

Again Thief loses most Mobility and the main mobility is locked behind High Initiative costs which lowers the Burst skills it gets to use, again Standing the Thief only has 1200 range, unlike other classes Deadeye doesn’t have pseudo invulns or invulns it has Evades( a lot less than DrD) and Stealth which only mitigates damage if traited and he fact that they lose a lot of mobility to even setup Burst makes them a sitting duck.

And you act like there are no tells to Thief setup and Burst all of which is avoidable….. if only there were buttons to press that had things we can call skills to do things with, or buttons that allow players to move around or Evade.

I am tell you during the Demonweekend I have never had any issues getting close to or locking down DE on Thief, Ele, Renegade, or DH.

(edited by Sly.9518)

Rifle teef dmg

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I can’t believe people are defending a skill hitting for 35,000 damage. It doesn’t matter what the conditions were, that isn’t balanced.

i know right?

how can 30k+ on one skill seems fine?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria