Rise in unpleasantness

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

Never really noticed a problem before… or when I did it was isolated incidents. Played a few games this afternoon (tpvp) and kept seeing insults flying around coupled with refusals to play if they saw it was a guild group. Figured I’d screenshot a few:

http://i.imgur.com/joc0Q27.png

I don’t do a whole lot of tpvp, though I try to get a few games in a day, so maybe I’ve just avoided the attitudes previously. It was just a little disconcerting to have 4 separate incidents in a 2 hour period (6-8 games in that time). Is anyone else seeing a rise in people being kittens? I don’t want this turning into LoL

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Awesome. There is a Tetris Online!

Don’t let these DB’s bother you. You will unfortunately see this more than you would like, but it is a vocal minority, not the majority.

I recommend getting some friends to run with as soon as possible and work with them on a VOIP. You will learn the game mode exponentially faster working together as a team, and it will insulate you from the ragers pretty quickly and effectively.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: xPraks.5096

xPraks.5096

Noticed the same thing sadly:/ Couple of minutes ago someone went afk 2 mins after the match started cause he didn’t like how some of the players in the team played. He just said “worthless, going afk” and proceeded to stay afk for the rest of the match, even if we had a great chance to win it, the difference wasn’t that big and it was only in the first 1-2 mins.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: ninja.4139

ninja.4139

Spirit watch is a breeding ground for hostility. Team composition is much more important and a build poorly suited for spirit watch can put a team at a disadvantage no matter how good the player is. One person disconnects? You might have a fighting chance on any other map. On spirit watch? You’re screwed. You can only focus on one thing at a time, capping or the orb and that makes people who’ve focused on the orb and then find nowhere to cap it or people who’ve focused on capping and then nobody is running the orb get angry. All in all just a frustrating map, especially for three days in a row non-stop.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Hahaha i laughed at scrublord

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

the pvp instructor won’t stop harassing you until you talk to him

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I always report but I never reply to them in the chat. Don’t want to give them too much attention or they would even continue to insult more. Lol.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I just report them and add them to block list. I’ve been harassed for no reason after games where I said nothing. Oh was also called the “s” word

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Never really noticed a problem before… or when I did it was isolated incidents. Played a few games this afternoon (tpvp) and kept seeing insults flying around coupled with refusals to play if they saw it was a guild group. Figured I’d screenshot a few:

I don’t do a whole lot of tpvp, though I try to get a few games in a day, so maybe I’ve just avoided the attitudes previously. It was just a little disconcerting to have 4 separate incidents in a 2 hour period (6-8 games in that time). Is anyone else seeing a rise in people being kittens? I don’t want this turning into LoL

I can also attest to how badly some players can react. I was dueling a guardian and a treb shot came from our base and one-shot him. He became very upset.

Attachments:

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Hexs.8015

Hexs.8015

As gw2 becomes more popular those accustomed to more negative communities will make their presence known.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

I’d be mad too if I solo queued into a premade game.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i can see OP’s point of view. i saw it more as OP repoting those who were being overly offensive or rude. which is always uncalled for. sometimes being competitive can be healthy for any game, and then comes smack talk, which can be healthy as well.. but it takes but a small step to cross the line. usually these people take leaps and bounds over that line though.

i’ve learnt not to “respond” to these people or try to reach out to them, let alone retaliate. for they don’t even want to be “helped” to start with. i use “helped” loosely and not meaning they do need it. but perhaps i should try to be not just accommodating but more compassionate. in the end, id on’t lose anything. perhaps at the risk of makign them even more upset. :///

i’ve been lucky enough though to say most people i’ve come across, i haven’t come across any of this. well RQ’s but that’s about it. oh, once people told our entire team to uninstall the game. : (( lol

most times where i die or i kill someone, amongst other opponents and teammates, i’ll try to lighten the mood by going “aww” once i got stomped by 3 players. one guy went “:(” which was kind of nice lol. other times, after a nice fight for a point, this guy lost and he said, “u wait here, i’ll brb” and we had at it again.

so it’s not ALL bad. though unfortunate when it does happen/ ://

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Haha, scrublord – that’s amazing, I’m totally going to use that.

I’m very sorry you had the misfortune of landing with me/vs me, but my hate for rangers is quite known by now, and further attested by several threads on these very forums, which deal with the buginess that are their pets. If i see multiple instances of them, and on spirit watch even (they had 3, to be precise), you can get ready for a lot of hate. If you take it personal, that is your problem, because no report will fix lousy proffession design, and even more lousy game mode design.
It matters little whether we win or lose (weren’t you even with us on the team, when we won against them?) – when I see rongers, I just snap. Even the sound of their auto attack ticks me off immensly – it is screaming ‘spamspamspamspam’. yarr

Moreover, it is equally revolting to face esports-wanna be premades – that mean you can’t win vs premades? Most definitely not, but it is rather annoying to face them over and over again (I was in a friends’ ‘premade’ in those matches , but not one bit super serial). All in all, we won some and lost some, it was just the ronger squad that ticked me off that much, even though we won vs them twice.

P.S. I don’t do a whole lot of tpvp either. 1-2h per day is a lot for my standards.

There is a Tetris Online!

I’m sure there is Hello Kitty Online, too! But it takes longer to type, so Tetris is the winner usually.

You will unfortunately see this more than you would like, but it is a vocal minority, not the majority.

No solo queuer loves facing (tryhard) premades continually, so if you believe the type is in minority (ergo: that there are more teams than solo queuers), then it’d be np to split the arenas, rite?

It’s funny how I started using the expression ‘tryhard’ after I started playing GW2 pvp, but never even heard of it during all my time spent on GW1. Hmmm….

Last but not least, I do not regret a single word of what I said. Make anet fix that excuse of a profession, and split up randoms from organized teams, and we’re set! (as if)

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

I understand your frustrating with Ranger, KarlaGrey but is it player fault for your frustrating? I don’t think so, it’s not like it can be helped. So why treat other Ramgers disrespectfully as if it is their faults just because you can’t stand the class? It is like, “Hey, I am richer than you,so I can treat you like trash.” Not a good way at all, whether in real life or in game.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I don’t see anything particularly heinous there to be honest. OP man up.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I don’t mind people trash talking but when people go afk because there buddies are there or they recognize a premade that’s good, that’s some bullkitten.

I’ve noticed Anet current matchmaking system will place you with people around your leaderboard rank, because I’ve instant solo que’d into the same premade 3 times and we got destroyed by them all three times.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Paradoxine.8192

Paradoxine.8192

I have to admit, I laughed at the “GB2 tetris online” bit. Ahhh man, you’ve got to learn to take PvP less seriously.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Seryi.7936

Seryi.7936

What I find funny about this is that you were upset enough by this to report them for trash talking. I haven’t really run into much trash talking at all in PvP, both hot join and the occasional solo queue I do.

At any rate, I agree with the above poster. Don’t take it too seriously. Not to sound callous, but thicker skin is a positive trait when it comes to online interactions, not just in PvP.

Things said on the internet can only bother you if you let them. Even this post can only really mean anything if you allow it to.

Tarnished Coast, Thief main, Asura.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

I understand your frustrating with Ranger, KarlaGrey but is it player fault for your frustrating? I don’t think so, it’s not like it can be helped. So why treat other Ramgers disrespectfully as if it is their faults just because you can’t stand the class? It is like, “Hey, I am richer than you,so I can treat you like trash.” Not a good way at all, whether in real life or in game.

So my hate for ronger derpderp makes me an arrogant snob irl, or warrants drawing a comparison to one. Amazing deduction skillz rite there.

And yea, as some mentioned already. Man up, OP.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Probably just some pvp trash, just ignore them and move on…usually first saying noob to someone is the real noob imo…good players give advices and suggest you how to get better don’t insult since it’s both a noobish and childish behaviour. I don’t know who they are but pretty sure they actually suck as hell. Sure i hate some classes more that others but i’m not going to insult someone just because he plays it…best way to deal with it is to roflstomp them…without saying a word… xD

If you still want to answer just kill them again..and again…and again…then send a whisp with “<3”

That’s more than enough to get them mad without being a pro wannabe trash talking idiot

And if you go solo and get bad players vs a good team don’t blame them…blame this stupid matchmaking system without solo split…it’s not their fault it’s anet’s

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Nuithari.3728

Nuithari.3728

Yeah, there are a lot of bad players in solo queue, but most of the times I can adapt and make it work. I don’t really mind, it’s basically part of pugging.
I’d say 95% of people are silent at the start of a game, that doesn’t mean 95% of all ppl solo queueing are bad…

And I do agree with Sal here. There is no etiquette in this game. No “glhf” before the game, no “hello”, practically no “gg” or “wp” at the end from the losers. Actually you’d see a gg from the winners, which, in most other games is seen as offensive. It’s up to us to work on this!

Nuithari – Elementalist
[Mist Angels] – Piken Square

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

Probably just some pvp trash, just ignore them and move on…usually first saying noob to someone is the real noob imo…good players give advices and suggest you how to get better don’t insult since it’s both a noobish and childish behaviour. I don’t know who they are but pretty sure they actually suck as hell. Sure i hate some classes more that others but i’m not going to insult someone just because he plays it…best way to deal with it is to roflstomp them…without saying a word… xD

Do you always post without reading anything but the OP?

Since I just came across this gem, might as well quote it here for relevance:

Anyway for skill/reward i would say ranger hands down atm after those unecessary buffs…made one and even if you don’t know hot to really play it you can still be effective even vs decent ppl like ele used to be before balance patch, other classes (Ele incuded now) require experience if you want to play good in tpvp, as far as i can see rangers don’t…you can play it for 3 days and go tpvp facerolling a decent amount of ppl…no clue how to use it properly but champ hunter already coming….for sure the easiest champ title i made..

Given that statement, every single flame I utter vs that detestable excuse of a profession appears to be more than warranted!

P.S. I just LOVE getting feared away on stomp by the pet after dodging the ronger’s 2nd downed skill. I mean, its brilliant they can use their f skills even when downed. I wanna use my DS fear too while downed kthx.

Edit: +1 to the post below mine.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

We don’t need “hello” and stuff like that. I think it’s annoying. You always think you have to reply if someone starts with this but are too lazy and then feel bad. Better if it’s just omitted. It’s not giving any information.

Only info regarding the match and team strategy should be written in chat and as short(not many words to make it easy to read and understand) as possible… if you need to type during a running match(maybe when you are dead and have a few seconds time).

Before the match won’t help much… you don’t know the enemy team and a strategy you decide in the 1-2 minutse before match starts might not work and you win with doing something different in the end.

practically no “gg” or “wp” at the end from the losers. Actually you’d see a gg from the winners, which, in most other games is seen as offensive. It’s up to us to work on this!

You don’t need to type that if it was not a good game and the winning team won 500 vs 350 or even better. And I agree: This could seem offensive if the winning team then says “gg”. But if it was close like 495 vs. 500 then I don’t think it is offensive if the winning team says “gg” and even the losers sure are more willing to say “gg” because if was fun.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Since I just came across this gem, might as well quote it here for relevance:

Anyway for skill/reward i would say ranger hands down atm after those unecessary buffs…made one and even if you don’t know hot to really play it you can still be effective even vs decent ppl like ele used to be before balance patch, other classes (Ele incuded now) require experience if you want to play good in tpvp, as far as i can see rangers don’t…you can play it for 3 days and go tpvp facerolling a decent amount of ppl…no clue how to use it properly but champ hunter already coming….for sure the easiest champ title i made..

Given that statement, every single flame I utter vs that detestable excuse of a profession appears to be more than warranted!

Well this is just a fact, as i said i made a ranger myself, i don’t know how to play it properly but can still play decently in tpvp. I’m not saying rangers are noobs…i’m saying ranger is a really easy class to play from my own experience. I just realized making champ hunter is way more easy than shadow/parag and illusionist…really don’t know what to do about it…so i suggested op that if he wants a good reward with less effort he has to play a reanger atm imo..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

Read the first post I made in this thread. Then you’ll understand the relevance.

Besides, let’s face it. How hard is to get that rank when you roll in an organized team all the time, when tpvp is mostly about solo que stomping (ty leaderboards).

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Read the first post I made in this thread. Then you’ll understand the relevance.

If you mean that insulting rangers is ok just because they’re op atm i don’t think so…hate them too but all i can do is blame anet 24/7 in game and on forums for their mistakes, sure many ppl started to play rangers only riding his opness all day long but who made this class looking like pvp semi-god atm? Not ranger players of course…

As an example https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/A-simple-question/first#post1973917 that’s it’s different from “All rangers are noobs spamming autoattack all day long” Sure most of them actually spam autoattack all day long and that’s stupid…but it’s just anet’s fault…and as usual they don’t answer to those questions…

Btw soloq and premade split is definately needed…just make something like ra and ta…you can join solo or with 5 man full premade splitting solos and premades off course…but they’re probably too busy designing some sort of new quaggan backback atm…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

for some yes but for the super noobs who just don’t care or listen ever i prefer to berrate them, add them to my friends list and laugh at their leaderboard rank

Thats funny, anyone who has ever played an actual e-sport ready game laughs at the leaderboard too.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

At Archaon, I already made two threads on rongers, asking to fix the bugs with their pets when it comes to aggro and rezzing. Not much more I can do there, and given how they just buff random skills instead of adressing the pestering issues, it matters meow what I do anyway.
I think the rogner class comes very close to the original assassins shortly after their release on GW when it comes to the skill/reward ratio…kinda how GW2 warriors and thieves used to be at the start.
And honestly, if it’s just one ronger, I can contain myself..but three…and twice. Well, it got old the first time so I gave them some slack the 2nd time around. heh
And yea, ofc it’s Anet’s fault for this garbage. Well, unless they pul off some sort of a miracle, they aren’t getting my money again, that much is sure.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Archaon.6245

When a downed ranger rupts me 3 times and downs me while i’m half hp already trying to stomp him, maybe during a teamfight while avoiding other ppl, all i usually say is “Yeah, gj anet…” Giving op weapons to someone obviously ends with them abusing it…when we had shatter bug on mesmers for a short time i knew it was broken, and also stated it in furum’s discussions…but for sure i still went shatter using it…thay gave me 4k shatters? Yeah they’re dumb but for sure it’s not my fault if i can oneshot ppl with shatter atm…after some days they fixed it and it was ok, nothing happened…was just a stupid bug and needed to be fixed asap…like it’s hopefully going to be for rangers..no reason to insult them…thay’re going to be fixed eventually, it’s just a matter of time..and then everyone will see who’s good and who was just riding their opness…like eles before…don’t see so many eles after patch, while good ones are still up…guess why?

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

Be the change you want to see – don’t roll on broken mechanics, let alone bugs.
How regretful that bug fixes aren’t particularly high on their priority list, unless they’re really massive.
And yea, I believe there is a clear correlation between the decrease in eles and the recent increase in rongers.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

There are many reasons why the unpleasentness level can get very high. For one thing lack of a solo queue. Another thing is mediocre class balance. Many matches are detemined by who has the most “good” classes and who has the most “bad” classes. Assuming fairly equal skill level you get stuck on a team where 3 of the 5 classes are warriors and thieves and its pretty much gg for you because you are losing to a more balanced slate of classes or annihlated if you face all good classes. Then you have the fact that you can often be a very experienced player and get stuck with very inexperienced players. It’s a real joy to be rank 40 and then at the end of a shellacking see that besides you the average rank of your team was 15 and the other sides average rank is about 35. I know there are exceptions to all of this so spare me the story of rank 15’s beating a premade of rank 35+ because I am speaking in generalties that have been proven by extended experience as as about a 66% solo player with many many tournament wins and losses.

I guess my point is your average pvp player is quite competitve and the outcome of a lot of matches solo queuing seems to have almost nothing to do with how skillful you are as a individual and that you are basically subjected to a bunch of random forces that decide whether you can win or not. It makes people angry. I know I know you can form your own group but sometimes its just difficult for people with full lives to jigger there schedules. I just think A-net could be doing more to promote a more fulfilling solo queue experience and if they did a lot of these situation would go poof.

(edited by Kwll.1468)

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Meanwhile just went soloq…me+ other 4…summing up their ranks they were less than mine…something like 13, 20,12 and one like 3-4 who said he was there just for daily (-.-)…..and ok, it would be fine, no problem with that…but don’t put us vs a 40+ premade…

I mean…wtf? Ok, i absolutely don’t give a kitten to leaderboards…but being ganked for the whole match is a bit irritating, and it’s not my mates fault (They probably did whatever they could)…only fault is anet’s and his stupid matchmaking without splitting solo and premades..

All i wrote was “Well, we tried..” …noone can blame low ranks for not being experienced, sure they aren’t they are LOW RANKS…you can just blame anet for his terrible tournament mechanic…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Out of all the online games I’ve played the behavior exhibited in your screenshot isn’t that all uncommon.

I would assume the PvP population in the past was composed of people who actually want to do it and tend to behave better. However, now that solo-q and PVE daily rewards are given more casual non pvp people are being introduced into the population.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

I’m curious, what is your tpvp rating? The only time I’ve seen behaviour like that is from very unskilled players in custom arenas . I have not seen any trakittenalk from folks > 80 percentile in solo-q tpvp, though maybe I’ve just been lucky.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

I’m curious, what is your tpvp rating? The only time I’ve seen behaviour like that is from very unskilled players in custom arenas . I have not seen any trakittenalk from folks > 80 percentile in solo-q tpvp, though maybe I’ve just been lucky.

I’m 95% atm, dipping in and out of the top 1k. Played about 15 games today, didn’t have any issues. One person did take offence to me saying “gg,” but I got blocked before I could explain I didn’t mean to cause offence.

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I Don’t get it.

I know blocking out your own name if you don’t want people to see. But if someone is being an kitten why would you post on the forums and bother blocking his name?

Is it somewhere in the code of conduct that I missed?

Either way. Don’t worry about it. Keep playing till your scouted by a team, or go activly find one. the experiance gets much better.

If you don’t care to much and just want to solo queue, not much I can say other than just block them and don’t let them ruin your day. My brony friend has a quote
" YOU CAN’T STOP MY HAPPINESS"

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

That’s online gaming for you. Some people can’t except the fact that they’re are people better then them out there, and think they’re the best thing since sliced bread.

They’ll blame anyone else and everything else. Most of the time it’s a mistake by them that cause them to lose a fight or match, yet they won’t admit it.

Just ignore them.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: djtool.8372

djtool.8372

Whether or not it is probable to change I find it disheartening that rude and immature behavior is something that we must just ‘deal’ with. I personally do not report or feed It with attention but these people are capable of living to a higher standard and should be encouraged to do so. The anonymity of the internet is too often treated as a place to act out dark fantasies or behavior not permitted in normal society. Could we not just use it as a means to prove courtesy and respect are so important to us that even when the fear of identity is removed we continue to breed these acts not only because they are important, but because we want to create such an environment around ourselves that encourages these type of individuals to take part in it.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

It happens in real life too, just behind your back.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Don’t worry guys, thats a normal Part of Online-Games. ^^’

Still nowhere near as bad as my personal “king of BM-Game” Heroes of Newearth: Never did I hear such a vast array of exquisite Insults fired off in a faster succession than in this game; it’s truly amazing. :P

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Means pvp is getting more popular.

The great forum duppy.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

No. I think sPvP and tPvP are a distillation of the worst in gw2 players. It’ too bad this portion of the playerbase gets any kind of consideration from the developers.

Never, have I seen a group of more ethically corrupt video game players. This makes Xbox Call of Duty players look like boy scouts.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

Haha, the sheer amount of carebears commenting in this thread, who likely crawled from either pve or WoW, and who don’t read any other posts than the OP, is appalling.

Also, hahaha at the ‘ethically corrupt’ part.

At ensoriki, more popular? No. More annoying? Most definitely.

That people get upset over something as minor as this is honestly…unfathomable. GW2 stronk pve game, yarr.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

No. I think sPvP and tPvP are a distillation of the worst in gw2 players. It’ too bad this portion of the playerbase gets any kind of consideration from the developers.

Never, have I seen a group of more ethically corrupt video game players. This makes Xbox Call of Duty players look like boy scouts.

Well, of course ppl are more likely to BM and trakittenalk in PvP, because you don’t walk hand in hand through wonderland and search for treasure together and craft each other Pies… -.-°

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Well, of course ppl are more likely to BM and trakittenalk in PvP, because you don’t walk hand in hand through wonderland and search for treasure together and craft each other Pies… -.-°

LOL ..where’s the +10 button? +1 is not enough

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

It is sad that this perception exists. I will tell you flatly that you are mistaken, and making a broad generalization about an entire portion of the playerbase due to some unfortunate experiences that you’ve had. I can understand your frustration with the irritating elements that you have encountered, but pushing this kind of infectious attitude toward other players that may be turned away from something that they would otherwise find fun is not productive. Frankly, you are perpetuating a sterotype that is inaccurate and thus, behaving as badly as those you came here to ridicule.

A few things:
1) If you get active in tPvP on a regular basis, then you will find the majority of the good players do not behave this way.

2) You may take some comfort in the fact that the developers pay far more attention to every other aspect of the game than they do to tPvP.

The tPvP community is the kitten child of the GW1 legacy and Hope that this game might one day be remotely on par with the quality of PvP from that game.

Also, PowerBottom, you are hysterical bruh.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

I just report them and add them to block list. I’ve been harassed for no reason after games where I said nothing. Oh was also called the “s” word

they had the nerve to straight up call you a solo-Q’er?

those kittens!

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

You are stretching it comparing a couple of line rants in a video game to somebody being ethically corrupt. You must live in a bubble or never played any kind of competitve sports. I could go down to a local b-ball court today and have someone probably rage on me at some point if I played enough games. I might say something myse;f to someone if they missed a bunny in a close game or did something stupid to cost us a game. Me and my friends would always be at each other throats half the time. It happens sometimes and it can really suck but come on man ethically corrupt people get mad sometimes especially in a competitve enivornment. I guess every baseball player that ever charged a mound over some percieved slight was ethically corrupt. I mean seriously people grow some thicker skin. You’ll Iive I pwomise you lol. I think today a lot of people under 30 have been brought up in a total protective dome that didn’t exist for the rest of us. Its the end of the world if they are forced to feel anything but self esteem and love of self.

Rise in unpleasantness

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

you are all unique snowflakes

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.