Road to Legendary.. Here's how I did it

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Did you expect that the highest pvp achievement currently in the game would be attainable by casuals?

One would expect that PvP rewards should go to skilled players, not farmers.

Wanna bet on how many PvE heroes with enough patience and time will get the backpack, even if they’re utterly bad at PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

After 3 weeks of (almost) daily pvp, 333 matches, and 60% winrate (201w/132l), I’m finally legendary. I’m going to explain how I did it, and how you can do it too.

get a job. Do something useful for yourself.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Did you expect that the highest pvp achievement currently in the game would be attainable by casuals?

One would expect that PvP rewards should go to skilled players, not farmers.

Wanna bet on how many PvE heroes with enough patience and time will get the backpack, even if they’re utterly bad at PvP?

Yes, and that is true for every MMO I have ever experienced. There is a population in the world that will spend 50 times the 2000 hours you would spend, to “WIN”. They will do nothing but play the game and sleep a few hours, for weeks.

It’s unusual, and you’d think it would be rare. But it is fairly common. They call themselves “hardcore”, rather than obsessed and unbalanced.

They skew the game for the other 99.9% of players who have better things to do with their time, or who have to hold a job.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Galandil.9641

Yes, and that is true for every MMO I have ever experienced. There is a population in the world that will spend 50 times the 2000 hours you would spend, to “WIN”. They will do nothing but play the game and sleep a few hours, for weeks.

It’s unusual, and you’d think it would be rare. But it is fairly common. They call themselves “hardcore”, rather than obsessed and unbalanced.

They skew the game for the other 99.9% of players who have better things to do with their time, or who have to hold a job.

I agree with you completely about this (and there’re serious studies about this, and quite preoccuping I have to add).

However, the point I was trying to make is that, in a PvP environment, the “prize” should go to the best players, measured by personal and team-wise skill, not to average/bad skilled farmers.

Back in the day, when I played Q3 before the millennium started, it was a really skilled player who was called “hardcore”, while the casual was the average joe, it had nothing to do (as a causation, not correlation of course) with the time spent on the game. I wonder when this shift of meaning happened.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

I agree with you completely about this (and there’re serious studies about this, and quite preoccuping I have to add).

However, the point I was trying to make is that, in a PvP environment, the “prize” should go to the best players, measured by personal and team-wise skill, not to average/bad skilled farmers.

Back in the day, when I played Q3 before the millennium started, it was a really skilled player who was called “hardcore”, while the casual was the average joe, it had nothing to do (as a causation, not correlation of course) with the time spent on the game. I wonder when this shift of meaning happened.

Best players and team will have the best prize you can get:

$$$

PvP Leagues are designed to be played for every player, not only pro league players. Legendary backpack has a good design, is not designed to be an exclusive for pro league players , but better players will get it faster, average players will need 3 or more seasons at least.

I would readd Glorious Hero armor too for like 100 tickets = 1 piece or more too (in the old leaderboard only top 20 players can get it so it seems fair legendary players can get it).

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Match manipulation is cheating. I have no respect at all for someone who queues with lower tiers to get soft matches.

Sorry, that’s cheating and it makes the “achievement” meaningless. For the record, I’m trying to struggle through t4 emerald an have only solo queue’d. I’ve also gotten my profession wins on DH, Ranger (non druid ), Thief ( venom share ) and Mesmer along the way.

-edit- oh and mm necro as well.

-edit 2- and Scrapper

Play without a crutch and I might have some respect for you.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Grats on being able to play spvp 25-30 hours a week and that could be a generous understatment as I probably under counted your average queue time and length of match.

Actually you can’t fault anyone thinking this due to the meta only requiring casual levels of skill to win

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@Kevin.4209

The “highest pvp achievement currently in the game” is being achieved through cheap manipulation.

As to the elitist full statement; “Did you expect the highest pvp achievement currently in the game would be attainable by casuals?”

Well yes, actually. I expect all achievements to be possible without paying to win ( Buying HoT.) I hasten to add that I bought HoT twice for two accounts. I liked the Mesmer update. It made me feel I have an even chance going in. (sadly, Mesmer is still being undermined often by ANET with hard nerfs ) It should also be doable without needing to play games with the system.

This game is allegedly about heroism.. rising to the challenge. Heroism almost by definition is individual achievement. As such, it should be possible for an individual to rise to the challenge and to complete it.

The lack of a place for an individual is one reason WvW suffers. There really isn’t any room for a solo when exploiters run around in blobs of as many as 60. Some of the HoT maps have similar issues.

The players making money on this game represent a huge minority. It’s an interesting commentary on the state of society. You imply that exclusive levels should exist for players who cheat and manipulate and even pay guilds to help them “achieve” high rank. Is that really the position you want to take?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Really good topic

Stuff like this should be IN THE GAME

Sadly, only few people read the forum.

Ps Gratz for legendary, welcome in a world where solo queue doesn’t start

When the game is limited to only those 3 builds it shows how bad the situation is honestly but ok.

in PvP

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

If you ever queue with somebody without equal or greater pips, Ithilwen will know, and there’ll be hell to pay.

Best coment on this forum post.
Well done Chaith, because being capitain of the top1 team in GW2 wasn’t enough, you also have to rekt ppl on foruns xD

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@mPascoal.4528 Your comment may get you “brownie” points.

@Chaith.8256 I’m sorry you’re hurt at being called on wrongdoing. Ironically, I enjoyed your video presentation on Scrapper and used it to get started.

Please note though. You couldn’t pay me to join your team, using that sort of tactics. That’s how little I think of the folks doing it.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Wow! I see much drama has occured after 4 days of not checking the forums. Why am I not surprised.

To answer majority of the people here:
1. I am practically free atm since it’s term break for college. The break happens to be 3 weeks so it’s nice that it coincides with leagues.

2. It’s funny to see me getting hate for this. I merely wished to share what I gleaned to help others progress. Don’t like playing meta? Don’t play it. I’m only playing optimally to advance quickly through the leagues. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

3. As for accusations of match manipulation.. i’m sorry but the only thing i can attribute to that is jealousy. Like people have pointed out, not everyone can get to legendary. Don’t feel the need to blame your own inability on others, you’ll only make yourself look bad.

Everyone can get to ruby though. It is the noob filter after all!

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

If you ever queue with somebody without equal or greater pips, Ithilwen will know, and there’ll be hell to pay.

Best coment on this forum post.
Well done Chaith, because being capitain of the top1 team in GW2 wasn’t enough, you also have to rekt ppl on foruns xD

Chaith is too swaggy forreal

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

I don’t even want to get to legendary, I want to be demoted to sapphire.

Since I joined Ruby division I’ve witnessed the worst plays SPVP has ever offered to me.
I get matched with people triple-stomping instead of cleaving, condi necros running GS (thank god he wasn’t on my team), people winning all teamfights and yet losing the game ‘cause they can’t even grasp the very basics of the concept of “rotations”.

I want quality SPVP matches, that’s the only reason I want to get into diamond but now it’s just.. meh.

It’s better in diamond, ruby is the worst it gets.

Edit: now worse in diamond. RIP pvp. I only match vs legendary tier 4mans using Amber buddy exploit with my full pugs scrub teams.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

in PvP

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

All i read is: dear thief solo players please uninstall game.

I ran with a thief and lost only 1 game in the 2nd half of ruby

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Match manipulation is cheating. I have no respect at all for someone who queues with lower tiers to get soft matches.

Yet you regard queueing with lower ranked friends as cheating as well.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Some people like to paint cheaters with a pretty broad brush.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I think it is a form of cheating. I think one simply has to consider the intent behind the action to understand why.

They’re doing it to get into matches they wouldn’t get into otherwise. So regardless of who they pick up the point is to bypass the division restrictions. That, to me, is match manipulation. I don’t think they should be banned but I do think Anet should close the loophole. It seems an easy fix.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

What about logging times? I noticed a crap ton of premades with obvious teamspeak this morning so I’m taking a break.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Nice evasion Chaith. Let me sum up the argument; There’s no reasonable way to know, for certain, that a person queue’d with a friend simply to queue with a friend or with the intention of getting soft matches.

Here’s the thing though, if a person steals and says they only intended it as a joke.. they are found guilty.

Beside that, a number of people have posted that they grouped with lower ranks to get into lower division matches.

The fact of the matter is that you, Chaith, show pretty low respect for players you don’t regard as being “esportsters.” I am am using your neologism. So, I find it difficult to believe that you are suddenly “friends” with amber rankers.

In all forms of sport, trying to get matched against someone of lower skill is considered dishonorable and cheating. One example that comes up from time to time is over aged players in sports like little league.

Since you are alleged to be a high level player and leader. I would expect that you would seek the toughest matches. If nothing else, out of pride. Instead, you post on the forum supporting openly subverting the system to farm lower level players.

A sportsman plays by the rules, anything less would be beneath her or his dignity.

-edit- For the record, I have two accounts, both are currently in Emerald. Neither has played anything other than as a solo queue in this tournament.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

After 3 weeks of (almost) daily pvp, 333 matches, and 60% winrate (201w/132l), I’m finally legendary. I’m going to explain how I did it, and how you can do it too.

Actually you just explained it all in your opening sentence. Time. Time is all one needs on the ladderboards, paired with slightly above average game knowledge of classes and PvP systems. Congrats though! Sadly Im stuck with a gf and a little child so no legendary for me just yet, diamond soon though.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Nice evasion Chaith. Let me sum up the argument; There’s no reasonable way to know, for certain, that a person queue’d with a friend simply to queue with a friend or with the intention of getting soft matches.

Here’s the thing though, if a person steals and says they only intended it as a joke.. they are found guilty.

Beside that, a number of people have posted that they grouped with lower ranks to get into lower division matches.

The fact of the matter is that you, Chaith, show pretty low respect for players you don’t regard as being “esportsters.” I am am using your neologism. So, I find it difficult to believe that you are suddenly “friends” with amber rankers.

In all forms of sport, trying to get matched against someone of lower skill is considered dishonorable and cheating. One example that comes up from time to time is over aged players in sports like little league.

Since you are alleged to be a high level player and leader. I would expect that you would seek the toughest matches. If nothing else, out of pride. Instead, you post on the forum supporting openly subverting the system to farm lower level players.

A sportsman plays by the rules, anything less would be beneath his or her dignity.

-edit- For the record, I have two accounts, both are currently in Emerald. Neither has played anything other than as a solo queue in this tournament.

A lot of the problem stems from not enough people in sPvP. SoloQ needs to be brought back, tighter queuing criteria, scrapping the current matchmaking system and replace it with a seeding system where you’re placed with similar MMR people and class factors in while also locking out relogging to a different class and are placed against vastly inferior teams in the lower divisions until you rank out of them.

-Background scans to see if a program like Vent, Teamspeak, or Gamevox are active so teams with these services are more likely to face each other.

-Solving the population problem by adding new map types involving channeling points, or invading forts and needing to channel in order to take it, or something like Huttball and Voidstar:

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/pvp/warzones/voidstar.cfm

-Adding a resolve mechanic to avoid being stunlocked to death. Even if you use a cleanse it can still solve nothing in some cases due to the amount of AoE CC. Stability would have to be nerfed accordingly however.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

There’s no reasonable way to know, for certain, that a person queue’d with a friend simply to queue with a friend or with the intention of getting soft matches.

Since there’s no reasonable way to know, you give them the benefit of the doubt instead of calling them cheaters.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

morrolan.9608

I think it is a form of cheating. I think one simply has to consider the intent behind the action to understand why.

They’re doing it to get into matches they wouldn’t get into otherwise. So regardless of who they pick up the point is to bypass the division restrictions. That, to me, is match manipulation. I don’t think they should be banned but I do think Anet should close the loophole. It seems an easy fix.

If the intent is to play with friends then they’re not doing it to get into matches they would have otherwise not got into. And anyway its up to the matchmaking to ensure the teams are even with the matches they do get into. Heck even if they do it just to get matches at all due to the ridiculous queue times at diamond and legendary I don’t blame them at all, given the achievement requirements.

But I agree anet need to do something about it, a soloq queue at the very least. I just prefer to put the blame where it actually lies, on the anet devs and their poor system.

Thats a really poor analogy, the situations aren’t remotely the same.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in PvP

Posted by: Kevin.4209

Kevin.4209

@Kevin.4209

The “highest pvp achievement currently in the game” is being achieved through cheap manipulation.

As to the elitist full statement; “Did you expect the highest pvp achievement currently in the game would be attainable by casuals?”

Well yes, actually. I expect all achievements to be possible without paying to win ( Buying HoT.) I hasten to add that I bought HoT twice for two accounts. I liked the Mesmer update. It made me feel I have an even chance going in. (sadly, Mesmer is still being undermined often by ANET with hard nerfs ) It should also be doable without needing to play games with the system.

This game is allegedly about heroism.. rising to the challenge. Heroism almost by definition is individual achievement. As such, it should be possible for an individual to rise to the challenge and to complete it.

The lack of a place for an individual is one reason WvW suffers. There really isn’t any room for a solo when exploiters run around in blobs of as many as 60. Some of the HoT maps have similar issues.

The players making money on this game represent a huge minority. It’s an interesting commentary on the state of society. You imply that exclusive levels should exist for players who cheat and manipulate and even pay guilds to help them “achieve” high rank. Is that really the position you want to take?

To your first point: Has there ever been an MMORPG where you could go without buying the expansion and still be competitive? This is pretty much the nature of MMOs. 40 dollars really isn’t much for the amount of play you will get out of the game.

To your second point: your original comment was about grinding and had nothing to do with exploitation, I don’t know why you are bringing up exploitation, that’s a different point entirely. I also don’t know what sort of exploitation you are talking about, MMR tanking does not work very well after you get to ruby. Grouping with lower tier players does seem to be an issue, because the system seems to think that a legendary + an emerald is around the same as 2 rubies, but generally if the emerald is at least competent, the legendary+emerald on TS has an advantage.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Yes they should totally add a huttball version in gw2 lol, that was such a huge success in swtor. Have some story behind it, like dragon ball

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Yes they should totally add a huttball version in gw2 lol, that was such a huge success in swtor. Have some story behind it, like dragon ball

Why do people keep referencing to Huttball as such a great SWTOR achievement ?
I was there at launch and painfully grinded my top gear through pvp back then when it was still p2p, and as far as i remember people were more like “huttball agaaaainnn please end my suffering, give us real pvp”.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Why do people keep referencing to Huttball as such a great SWTOR achievement ?
I was there at launch and painfully grinded my top gear through pvp back then when it was still p2p, and as far as i remember people were more like “huttball agaaaainnn please end my suffering, give us real pvp”.

I was there too. The node holding map was nice but you actually had to channel and I personally liked Voidstar best.

To shake up the meta we need new maps (classed under conquest so bunkers can’t avoid them) that aren’t hold nodes and don’t have NPCs, trebs, or tranquility.

in PvP

Israel.7056

If the intent is to play with friends then they’re not doing it to get into matches they would have otherwise not got into. And anyway its up to the matchmaking to ensure the teams are even with the matches they do get into.

Whether they’re queuing with their friends or some random “anchor” out of the mists is irrelevant. What matters is that they’re using this lower ranked player to bring down their team’s average MMR to the point where the matchmaker will place them into matches that they would never get into otherwise. They’re doing this intentionally.

Furthermore the matchmaker will look at their artificially low team MMR and frequently put them at even to unfavorable odds to win which means that they minimize their potential loss exposure. So even if they lose they usually only stand to lose one pip. Meanwhile a win can net them multiple pips. They might even get a pip for losing if the match is close.

Heck even if they do it just to get matches at all due to the ridiculous queue times at diamond and legendary I don’t blame them at all, given the achievement requirements.

I do blame them because if they’re smart enough to figure out how to game the system then they’re smart enough to know why they shouldn’t. They’re compromising their reputations and moral integrity and causing no small amount of grief for people simply attempting to progress through the ladder in a legitimate fashion. That is unacceptable.

But I agree anet need to do something about it, a soloq queue at the very least. I just prefer to put the blame where it actually lies, on the anet devs and their poor system.

Yes I absolutely agree that Solo Queue needs to be reimplemented.

Arenanet certainly shares responsibility for this moral failure. Particularly for not stepping in quickly and putting a stop to it. But the people who have taken advantage of this loophole are still morally responsible for their own actions. I wouldn’t take punitive action against them unless it was severe and decisive. A slap on the wrist would only trivialize the importance of what’s been going on. Better to just close the loophole and be done with it.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

wow the moral integrity of a video game queue system. yall take this too seriously. it’s a game, and anyway morals are just made up so they are just nonsense.

anet allows this behaviour, and its their algorithms that’s create the match ups. blame those who create a broken system, not those who abouse it.

in PvP

Israel.7056

wow the moral integrity of a video game queue system. yall take this too seriously. it’s a game, and anyway morals are just made up so they are just nonsense.

anet allows this behaviour, and its their algorithms that’s create the match ups. blame those who create a broken system, not those who abouse it.

If we’re going to talk about blame then we have to consider moral and social responsibility.

I personally care less about assigning blame than I do fixing the problem.

in PvP

Galandil.9641

So if I leave the door of my house open, and you get in and steal stuff, it’s entirely my fault that I left that door open, not yours that you committed a burglary, eh?

The ways you all try to spin this patethic in-game behaviour is appalling.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

So if I leave the door of my house open, and you get in and steal stuff, it’s entirely my fault that I left that door open, not yours that you committed a burglary, eh?

Actually, yes its your fault.

You do know that burglars exist in the first place then why leave it open?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Galandil.9641

That’s why there’s a “leave the door open” crime punishable by any law and not a burglary crime.

Oh, wait, actually it’s the opposite. Are you over with the bullkitten?

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

That’s why there’s a “leave the door open” crime punishable by any law and not a burglary crime.

Oh, wait, actually it’s the opposite. Are you over with the bullkitten?

This right here is the problem with this generation. Too much entitlement. Sorry for the term but its better to use some common sense next time.

So, if you left the door open in the middle of the night and your kid was inside, and gets abducted, it’s not your fault?

Wow. Some double standards we have here.

This is what I call the playing the “point your fingers game”

in PvP

Israel.7056

Whether the door is open or not is irrelevant.

If theft is wrong then the burglar is in the wrong, provided that the things he’s stealing are not rightfully his.

in PvP

Galandil.9641

This right here is the problem with this generation. Too much entitlement. Sorry for the term but its better to use some common sense next time.

So, if you left the door open in the middle of the night and your kid was inside, and gets abducted, it’s not your fault?

Are you seriously so brain-damaged?

Your reasoning (lol, it’s not reasoning, you don’t have the capability to understand correlation, causation, not even simple basic logic, but let’s call it “reasoning” the same) place the burden of fault on any person who gets shot in the chest “because he wasn’t wearing a kevlar suit”.

Seems legit.

NOT.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

The only joke intended surely must be this analogy..

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

choovanski.5462

what? that’s not even a similar situation.

stealing is illegal. partying with people who are lower rank is not illegal, nor is it forbidden at all. sure it is ‘abusing the system’ for easy matches, but it’s not only not agaisnt the rules but it is an intended consequence of anets system. anet want partying with lower ranked people to give you easier matches.

in regard to your moral point, homes. morals are not real. they are made up nonsense.

in PvP

Galandil.9641

stealing is illegal. partying with people who are lower rank is not illegal, nor is it forbidden at all. sure it is ‘abusing the system’ for easy matches, but it’s not only not agaisnt the rules but it is an intended consequence of anets system. anet want partying with lower ranked people to give you easier matches.

in regard to your moral point, homes. morals are not real. they are made up nonsense.

And now, ask yourself, why stealing is considered a crime in almost all code of laws all around the globe since thousands of years.

Hint: you’ll find a correlation between “legal” and “moral”.

Regarding the fact that “morals are made up non-sense”, I suggest you to dedicate some time to some 101 philosophy before diving yourself in such an argument without having an idea of what you’re talking about (which is clearly the case looking at your last reply).

in PvP

choovanski.5462

And now, ask yourself, why stealing is considered a crime in almost all code of laws all around the globe since thousands of years.

Hint: you’ll find a correlation between “legal” and “moral”.

:-/

not impressed dude

considering morals often do not correlate to the law, and that morals vary between countries, communities, and inviduals- claiming law is the law ‘because morals’ is pretty weak.

say what you mean, it should be something like ’don’t do this I don’t like it’ which is exactly what saying something is immoral means. anet doesn’t agree with you, its not agaisnt the rules, so its not cheating. it’s just something you personally don’t like.

in regard to the philosophy 101 comment, I’ve actually don’t Phil 101- I’ve done the whole degree. more metaphysics than ethics, but I’ve done enough to know it’s just vigorously argued opinion.

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Are you seriously so brain-damaged?

Your reasoning (lol, it’s not reasoning, you don’t have the capability to understand correlation, causation, not even simple basic logic, but let’s call it “reasoning” the same) place the burden of fault on any person who gets shot in the chest “because he wasn’t wearing a kevlar suit”.

Seems legit.

NOT.

You can’t control someone shooting you for no reason, If you are a jerk, and rude to that somebody he might just do it.

Leaving your door open and someone abducting your kid is something you can control or prevent.

That’s the big difference.

in PvP

Galandil.9641

considering moral often do not correlate to the law

It’s exactly the opposite, historically, and actually too (on a country basis, ofc).

in PvP

Galandil.9641

You can’t control someone shooting you for no reason, If you are a jerk, and rude to that somebody he might just do it.

Leaving your door open and someone abducting your kid is something you can control or prevent.

Your post is a logical non-sense.

If you can’t control someone randomly shooting you, you can’t control someone stealing from your house/abducting your children.

If you can try to prevent in part someone from stealing from your house/abducting your children (locking the door), you can try to prevent getting shot by a person (wearing a kevlar vest).

You just decided that you can lock a door but you can’t use a kevlar vest. Which is clearly highly illogical.

In both cases, the burden of the crime is on the burglar/shooter/abductor.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Your post is a logical non-sense.

If you can’t control someone randomly shooting you, you can’t control someone stealing from your house/abducting your children.

If you can try to prevent in part someone from stealing from your house/abducting your children (locking the door), you can try to prevent getting shot by a person (wearing a kevlar vest).

You just decided that you can lock a door but you can’t use a kevlar vest. Which is clearly highly illogical.

In both cases, the burden of the crime is on the burglar/shooter/abductor.

It is logical if you can factor out the costs.

So on your explanation, we have no use for cops then right? since anyone can just be protected by wearing a kevlar vest right?

So we don’t have any use for doors then too right? So I’m assuming you just leave your doors open all day? I mean, since it’s the burglar’s fault anyway so you don’t have to lock your door.

in PvP

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

3. As for accusations of match manipulation.. i’m sorry but the only thing i can attribute to that is jealousy. Like people have pointed out, not everyone can get to legendary. Don’t feel the need to blame your own inability on others, you’ll only make yourself look bad.

Everyone can get to ruby though. It is the noob filter after all!

The 1st two points I won’t address, but point 3 and the post script I will.

It is now widely known that adding a player in a lower tier will make for soft matches as well as pip benefits. This is creating a epidemic in the season. It is so rampant that having a match w/o out it is a surprise. It’s even gotten to the point to where it’s one of the number one concerns about that match. Will you be facing a mmr adjusted team and lose 2-3 pips?

As for ruby being the noob filter…tbh it’s more like the solo queue filter. They created a system where individual play doesn’t really matter while solo queuing as the matchmaking algorithm will punish the solo queuer for winning more than 50%.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in PvP

morrolan.9608

If the intent is to play with friends then they’re not doing it to get into matches they would have otherwise not got into. And anyway its up to the matchmaking to ensure the teams are even with the matches they do get into.

Whether they’re queuing with their friends or some random “anchor” out of the mists is irrelevant. What matters is that they’re using this lower ranked player to bring down their team’s average MMR to the point where the matchmaker will place them into matches that they would never get into otherwise. They’re doing this intentionally.

If all they want to do is play with friends then no it isn’t intentional. Heck if the wait time is hours then its not intentional either. You seem to think knowing the consequences of something makes it intentional, no it doesn’t.

Heck even if they do it just to get matches at all due to the ridiculous queue times at diamond and legendary I don’t blame them at all, given the achievement requirements.

I do blame them because if they’re smart enough to figure out how to game the system then they’re smart enough to know why they shouldn’t. They’re compromising their reputations and moral integrity and causing no small amount of grief for people simply attempting to progress through the ladder in a legitimate fashion. That is unacceptable.

Matchmaking system is supposed to account for that, if it doesn’kittens a systemic issue.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

If all they want to do is play with friends then no it isn’t intentional. Heck if the wait time is hours then its not intentional either. You seem to think knowing the consequences of something makes it intentional, no it doesn’t.

Matchmaking system is supposed to account for that, if it doesn’kittens a systemic issue.

So how do you know the intent if for friends or not?

I would just classify it as a Failure of leagues system itself.

in PvP

morrolan.9608

So how do you know the intent if for friends or not?

I would just classify it as a Failure of leagues system itself.

Innocent until proven guilty.

And yes I also regard it as a systemic failure.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I personally care less about assigning blame than I do fixing the problem.

Goodluck fixing.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”