Root-based Immobilize Bug?

Root-based Immobilize Bug?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Playing on my Dragon Hunter I discovered a strange bug. Immobilizes specifically applied from Roots (ancient seeds, entangle, and Runes of the Grove) are not removed when you use Wings of Resolve, which specifies that it removes Immobilize at the beginning of the cast.

I’ve done thorough testing, it is able to be replicated 100% of the time, and I ensured myself and others through several tests that it’s not the case of the root being re-applied, it just simply does not attempt to remove the immobilize.

My question is: Why and in what ways are Root-applied Immobilizes different in such a way that could cause this issue?

Secondly, I’m not sure if it’s a Wings of Resolve issue or a core issue with the Immobilize applied. Other classes with “remove immobilize” should test this bug. For instance, if Warrior traited mobility skills remove immobilize from roots. I have confirmed that Riposting Shadows removes the immobilize as intended which made the situation a bit more complex.

Note: Wings of Resolve traited condition removal will remove the immobilize, so general condition removal affects it, it seems to only be the portion of the skill that specifies the specific Immobilize condition removal that does not work on it. When you use Wings of Resolve when immobilized by a Root, you will simply leap in place and land where you started.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)