Rooting problem

Rooting problem

in PvP

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’ve only noticed this happening in pvp. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

At some point, my character becomes unable to move with the normal movement keys (forward, strafe). I can rotate. I can use skills. I can type in chat. I can move via weapon or utility skills (e.g. blink).

This has happened to me five times over the last few weeks. I can’t tell the cause. It seems to always occur during/after combat, so my guess is that it’s the result of some “rooting” state being applied but not being cleared properly. There are no conditions on me and using a condi clear doesn’t resolve this. In one situation, I got attacked after about two minutes of being stuck. Somehow, that cleared the root. In other cases, the root only goes away once I get killed.

Has this happened to anyone else? I’m struggling to figure out how to report this as a bug since I never know specifically what happened to cause it.

Rooting problem

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

its realy rare but it happens with me too sometimes

usualy when i jump+use abilities or something similar then i can’t move ONLY if i dodge once lol

but its realy rare.

its happening on both of my reaper and rev

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Rooting problem

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Happens to me as well sometimes, thought it was issue with mouse response and auto run (i use mouse keys to move). Recasting movement keys couple times and dropping target usually helps.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Rooting problem

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

It happens near revenants.. they are the surce when they go " into the mist ", honestly, it’s not a joke!

Rooting problem

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Esport

because i had to

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Rooting problem

in PvP

eldenbri.1059

This is happening on my mesmer. I’m not using mouse to move.

I guess I blame revenants…

Maybe the next time this happens and for some reason I’m totally alone, I’ll try remapping movement keys

Thx for the input

Rooting problem

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/HOT-KEY-DANCE-SIT/first#post5886135

make a Hotkey, it happens so often while playing mesmer versus ranger or revenant, that i had to make a Hotkey.

Rooting problem

in PvP

eldenbri.1059

Thanks much!

I’ll try sitting the next time this happens.

The downside is that when I see people sitting in the chat box, I assume they are giving up on the fight. But anything that lets me move again will be awesome!