Rotation Help Page

Rotation Help Page

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

This thread is specifically about rotating between points in PvP. I have issues with rotating for some classes especially support.

The purpose of this thread is to provide insight on how to rotate with various builds and things you SHOULD always do and things you SHOULDN’T ever do.

I understand that many players are struggling with the concept of rotation in PvP, including myself. I would love to see insight on how to rotate! I think that because there is so little effort in explaining rotations for each build, this thread may help those who can’t seem to figure out how to rotate.

Power Necro / Misc. Tips
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Rotation-help-page/first#post6600926

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Rotation-help-page/first#post6601227

(edited by Abelisk.4527)

Rotation Help Page

in PvP

Posted by: Lunar Corporation.5720

Lunar Corporation.5720

Just an opinion but rotations between home, mid and far points are way more important than skill rotations in fights… the former is less intuitive as the latter. I came here thinking that’s what this post was about, but alas…

Just call me Lunar

Rotation Help Page

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

There’s already a wonderful guide by Jazz in this section.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Vid-PvP-Guide-Commentary-Roles-Rotas/

You can judge if a fight is lost or salvageable (by support + surviving teammate) by checking minimap, healthbars and recent kills.

Another take by QQmore:

He talks about considering rotations in terms of where NOT to rotate.
———————————————————————
I’m only playing Power Necro recently, so advice on that is to go into winning teamfights or fights you know can have the upper hand with you there. Your poor mobility but anti-sustain role means that you are doing your job if the enemy teamfight ends quickly (their supports don’t contribute), and momentum is maintained for your team.

Although you can +1 a 1v1 and usually do well, in many cases it is better for you to teamfight and keep someone on the other team in respawn. Let a better +1 build save the 1v1, like a good D/P Thief.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

Rotation Help Page

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Do what i did and stop banging your head against the wall with crud pvp in conquest. Play some stronghold. Do hard defense with rat killing and taking on players on your line. That’s real pvp. The circle dancing we have now on conquest is just boring. Until they bring back Courtyard and death match, stronghold is the only good map right now.

Circle dancing is not pvp and it just frustrates everyone.

Attachments:

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Rotation Help Page

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I’m only playing Power Necro recently, so advice on that is to go into winning teamfights or fights you know can have the upper hand with you there.

Why would you rotate into a fight your team is winning? That’s the definition of overcommitting a fight.
I would only rotate into a winning fight if I’m expecting the enemy team to reinforce the fight.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Rotation Help Page

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Why would you rotate into a fight your team is winning? That’s the definition of overcommitting a fight.
I would only rotate into a winning fight if I’m expecting the enemy team to reinforce the fight.

You’re right. So, stalemates and reinforcements.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty