Roughly only 10k players who solo tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Scarlett.1549

Scarlett.1549

I was at the 86th percentile before I got into the top 1000. That means there are only 10,000 players (roughly) who play solo queue.

This number makes me so sad knowing how non popular it is. =(

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

no

this means there was 10k players in last months who clicked soloQ

there are never more than 10 players left – never ever^^

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

There was a Reddit thread somewhere. Estimated that only 17k players tried solo que.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

This will probably change when the game is released in Asia.

This will probably not change if we continue to have 4 months of kitten metas.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Don’t forget, that there is EU and US.
Are you playing EU or US? I know people on EU with a 92% rating. But we don’t know exactly where the top 1000 are beginning. But let’s just estimate it’s with over 92%.
That means, if you went to the top 7% you are in the top 1000, means that in EU there have at least 14.285 people played over 10 games in SoloQ in EU. But we don’t know how many have played less than 10 games, and we also don’t know how regular these players are playing. I think most of them haven’t even played this month, but that’s just speculations.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I don’t blame people for giving up on solo queue. I’m currently running a lose streak of 6 consecutive losses over 2 days. And not even close games…..pretty decisive ones too.

I’m no god of the arena but I win the majority of my 1v1s and know when to cap and hold etc.

But the amount of minddlessly easy classes that are currently dominating mid-tier PvP makes it impossible to prevail when not playing a class that can carry the team.

Warriors, Rangers and Necros rule mid-tier sPvP and it’s frustrating as hell seeing how easy it is for them to prevail.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I don’t blame ppl for giving up on whole pvp actually…

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

This has been the worst meta in the history of this game, and we’ve been stuck with it for months. I’m not saying this lightly. This meta is unlike any other. It is completely devoid of fun and completely devoid of competition. And with no real rewards and a broken infrastructure, no pvp game can ever wish to be at a worse state than GW2’s pvp currently is.

I don’t want to be hyperbolic, nor do I want to desmotivate the devs who are reading this. I do think GW2’s pvp has been getting better and better before the June’s (?) big balancing patch, and it’s heartening to know that the reward systems and MM improvements are being worked on.

But the biggest mistake Anet has done for the pvp side of things, has been to undervalue the negative consequences of this meta. It was a bad time for tournaments to be hosted, it is a bad time for Anet to decide to make balancing patches every three months, and it’s a bad time to delay important balance fixes for the sake of waiting if trait tooltips magically fix the problem. This wouldn’t all be bad if the meta was currently at a decent state, which it isn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

10k is a lot more than I would have guessed. GW1 is more balanced…. for shame, devs.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

It’s way less then that really if you want to talk about rated pvp not hotjoins. The people actually playing rated pvp at any given time is likely in the hundreds at most and that is all that matters really how many are playing when you are and what kind of queues and competition level will you face. The answer is slow queues and frequently terrible (too strong or too bad) competition.

(edited by Kwll.1468)

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

This will probably change when the game is released in Asia.

This will probably not change if we continue to have 4 months of kitten metas.

Asian servers are being split from US servers (with a lot of different mechanics and graphics in the asian versions)

You won’t ever play with someone playing the Chinese or Korean launches of the game. You can think of GW2 in Asia as a completely different game with a similar engine

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

10k is a lot more than I would have guessed. GW1 is more balanced…. for shame, devs.

We can agree that gw2 should have been a little easier to balance due to less skills, but gw1 certainly was not even close to being balanced.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

It’s pretty much totally redundant. In exchange for a worse experience you get rankings which mean next to nothing…since solo 5v5 on a map designed for 10 people is just a bunch of ganking and running around and capturing points.

Not going to be a sale to anybody except people obsessed with leaderboards.

in PvP

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

We can agree that gw2 should have been a little easier to balance due to less skills, but gw1 certainly was not even close to being balanced.

Even with FOTM balance, GW1 was still far more competitive than GW2. GW2 suffers from old skill/trait bugs + FOTM balance + unbalanced game format. All combined is why GW2 PvP is hurting for population.

To guess for the sake of guessing. I’d say the first 2000 or so players would be the regular player base spread over all the time zones. The rest a mix of players for dailies, and players that have tried it few times and went back to PvE or WvW.

-KNT- BG

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

10k is acutally too much and its composed of incative players or people who did it once and pass on..id say there arent more than 100 at peak times

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Pre cata 20% of WoW players participated in Arena on a regular basis, and 40% participated in Battlegrounds on a regular basis (no idea what it is these days, but those percents are based off of 13 million or so subs). Isn’t WoW supposed to be the PvE game in comparison to GW2? lol

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Pre cata 20% of WoW players participated in Arena on a regular basis, and 40% participated in Battlegrounds on a regular basis (no idea what it is these days, but those percents are based off of 13 million or so subs). Isn’t WoW supposed to be the PvE game in comparison to GW2? lol

right now pvp in wow is dead…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

And as long as warriors are allowed to run rampant the numbers will only decrease. No thank you, I’ll spare myself the hammer train.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

I doubt it is dead, but it probably isn’t as popular as it was at that point. The game itself isn’t nearly as popular as it was pre cata actually. The population has been in steady decline for the last few years.

in PvP

Mathias.9657

I doubt it is dead, but it probably isn’t as popular as it was at that point. The game itself isn’t nearly as popular as it was pre cata actually. The population has been in steady decline for the last few years.

That’s what happens when pvp has an over abundance of CC and the theme of the game is now panda’s, LOL…

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

It’s hard to say exactly how many people have a solo ranking. At the very least, you’d need to double the number to account for both regions. Also, I’ve had friends in the 9x percentiles a while back, and there certainly hasn’t been a decrease in ranked players (i.e. no one can fall off the leaderboard).

The 17k estimation was almost two months ago now, or just ~1 month after solo queue was released. So another way to state the same thing could be that ~17k NA players tried more than 10 solo queue matches in the first month.

Devs have confirmed that the PvP population has risen since launch, but it’s unclear how much of that is hotjoin/custom arenas/solos/teams. So the PvP population isn’t huge, but it is substantial.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

That’s what happens when pvp has an over abundance of CC and the theme of the game is now panda’s, LOL…

If anything it is more based around the game just getting old and the better developers moving on to other projects. I gave the panda expansion a try a while back and was actually kind of enjoying leveling up a monk. The point when I quit (again) is when they decided that PvE gear was going to be the dominant world PvP gear and LFR gear was going to be the best entry level PvP gear. Wasn’t worth my time at that point. I don’t PvE just so I can PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

No way is there even 10k players doing spvp on NA at least , long waits and same faces , so , youre 10k is very optimistic indeed

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Mathias.9657

If anything it is more based around the game just getting old and the better developers moving on to other projects. I gave the panda expansion a try a while back and was actually kind of enjoying leveling up a monk. The point when I quit (again) is when they decided that PvE gear was going to be the dominant world PvP gear and LFR gear was going to be the best entry level PvP gear. Wasn’t worth my time at that point. I don’t PvE just so I can PvP.

I’m surprised you believe forum QQ, because pvp power is way better than pve gear. Farm call to arms bg and get a full set in 3-4 days easy.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

I’m surprised you believe forum QQ, because pvp power is way better than pve gear. Farm call to arms bg and get a full set in 3-4 days easy.

From what I heard after the patch hit, honor gear was now worse than LFR gear. Since I don’t raid, I didn’t feel like being at a major disadvantage until I got my arena gear and just decided to quit again. Also, since I was on a PvP server, I didn’t want to be at a perma disadvantage against raiders in world PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

It is probably a lot less.

I have been hardcore solo queueing for some days straight because i wanted my Champion Shadow title and you always face the same people over and over…