Ruby season 1 > ruby season 2

in PvP

Posted by: King xiuras.3615

King xiuras.3615

In my opinion, ruby division was much better in season 1 versus now. In season 1 i had win – loses in ruby division, but i made a progress in the 3 weeks time. I hit ruby 5 days ago and i’m still at 0 pips. Reason: a lot of players (who are PVPERS) aren’t experienced in pvp and hit ruby way faster then hardcore pvpers.

Isn’t there anything Anet can do about giving better teammates with a slight adjustement of the MMR? I feel like those players are not as experienced as i am while i’ve played pvp a lot.

Khalar Bladestorm – Pugmaster of AoA – Dungeon Master – Event Comander of AoA

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Same here, been stuck in ruby kitten for a week now. It’s quite ridiculous having ppl to question/wonder why “targeting enemy” is helpfull.

For some reason Ruby Div is cursed.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

I hit diamond in soloqueue with 2 different accounts. I had some issues with my main account in tier4 where i got a dangerous loss streak but I regot a very good win streak after that. With my second account was easier, really fast ruby and super fast from amber to t1 ruby (all in win streak with only 1 loss).

Sometimes organized premade can interrupt your win streak or be the cause of a loss streak, in this case is better to take a little break If They continue to go in queue.

Play meta builds and reroll If you see your comp lack in something (I play a good level 3 meta classes). It helps a lot.

Honestly i prefer this season, we don’t forget how fast are queues now (in s1 with the old system i had many times 10 min, now is like the half)

(edited by philheat.3956)

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

I hit diamond in soloqueue with 2 different accounts. I had some issues with my main account in tier4 where i got a dangerous loss streak but I regot a very good win streak after that. With my second account was easier, really fast ruby and super fast from amber to t1 ruby (all in win streak with only 1 loss).

Sometimes organized premade can interrupt your win streak or be the cause of a loss streak, in this case is better to take a little break If They continue to go in queue.

Play meta builds and reroll If you see your comp lack in something (I play a good level 3 meta classes). It helps a lot.

Honestly i prefer this season, we don’t forget how fast are queues now (in s1 with the old system i had many times 10 min, now is like the half)

The premade system sucks, just because 2 guys in my team decided to team up shouldn’t mean I should fight 5 guys with TS. And the worst is that those who were together in my team were Emerald and Amber, this proves how bad matchmaking is.

in PvP

philheat.3956

Yeah, for this reason I suggested to not lose pip for soloer if the game is unbalanced (and lost) from a roster size view.

I don’t see the reason why I should lose pip If I’ve a team of full soloer vs a 4+1.

in PvP

King xiuras.3615

I won a game in stronghold, but didn’t get any pips. Pvp reward track is buggy too.

Attachments:

in PvP

King xiuras.3615

The game didn’t even register the stronghold match. What is this?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Well, after 4 days I’ve got ruby, after that I did win 1 out of 10 matches..why, because there were better players than me… now more then 7 days past, and have to say I have 15 pips in ruby..why?! because I’m better then most ruby players, who hardly got out of sapphire..
So what to do?! You will be a pip farm for us, like we were to the legendary players, I will get to diamond, and leave you guys to have better games..how many days before that?! Well, it depends on you really, if you meet me and I farm you the fastest I can…
My place is diamond, like in season 1..where is your place?! Put your hand on your heart and say it..maybe if you are lucky at the end of season noob players will remain in ruby, so you can advance to diamond to!
And yes, this MMR helps the best players, then the good, then the average, then the … you know ..
The biggest problem now is that palyers can team up with different divisions..don’t do it, and ANet pls make it happen that ppl could only team up with their same division…I see to some pre-made with div 4, and tehn the 2 team mate is sapphire, and emerald..their place is there…

(edited by LordOtto.2650)

in PvP

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

So lemme get this straight.

According to some threads Emerald is cursed.

According to others Sapphire is cursed.

Now Ruby is cursed?

I see plenty of people progressing, better yet in my PvP lobby last night there were more Diamond players hanging around than Ruby players; most likely due to our longer queue times.

I had a lot closer matches throughout Ruby, Diamond matches are even closer. Average game time went from about 8 mins to 10-11 minutes. I believe the system is more accurately spreading out players by skill than we think, but without data from Anet no one can truly say and it’s all subjective.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Now Ruby is cursed?

I see plenty of people progressing, better yet in my PvP lobby last night there were more Diamond players hanging around than Ruby players; most likely due to our longer queue times.

I had a lot closer matches throughout Ruby, Diamond matches are even closer. Average game time went from about 8 mins to 10-11 minutes. I believe the system is more accurately spreading out players by skill than we think, but without data from Anet no one can truly say and it’s all subjective.

Putting ppl new to the game or new to pvp, asking how to target putting with someone like me (not pro but experienced though) doesnt make any sense.

I literally had ppl who didnt know how to target ppl or didnt see the point in doing so. THIS HAPPENS IN kittenING RUBY

This game is making me rage so much just because Anet lets randoms/new pvp’ers with exp players. This is so kittened up I believe Anet matchmaking dev is just a sadastic human being.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

AegisFLCL.7623

Putting ppl new to the game or new to pvp, asking how to target putting with someone like me (not pro but experienced though) doesnt make any sense.

I literally had ppl who didnt know how to target ppl or didnt see the point in doing so. THIS HAPPENS IN kittenING RUBY

This game is making me rage so much just because Anet lets randoms/new pvp’ers with exp players. This is so kittened up I believe Anet matchmaking dev is just a sadastic human being.

Well that’s what happens when ANET wants to dangle a Legendary carrot in front of the PvE players locked behind PvP combat. Only other comments on improvements would be a preason ladder to assign and spread players out, and a complete MMR reset.

In any competitive ladder you will always have cases in which matches will be lopsided in lower divisions/ranks.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Now Ruby is cursed?

You hit the nail on the head. That average MMR attribution is all good for new players IF they do not use MMR to pair them to others. THAT, right there, even before the fact individual MMR is a dubious rating of individual skill since coming from random teams result and assume victory = skill, is the major flaw for many players this season.

in PvP

LordOtto.2650

The most important thing is to not let players team up if they are not in the same division, ever! Why?! Because solo players will carry them, or will loose because of them!
And the match making never should put solo sapphire players with/against ruby players, no mater the MMR! It’s a huge difference in sapphire-ruby, ruby-diamond divisions, huge!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynn.1659

Cynn.1659

Been stuck in tier 1 ruby for a week, since i was busy and didn’t have time to play more than 3 games a day, since i work during the week. Yesterday played 14 hours non stop, went from tier 1 ruby to diamond.By playing mostly support tempest, and sometimes switching to necro, when team needed more dmg. All in solo queue.

You have to play with the Dota mindset, never trust your team to win the game. You have to be the preson, that makes the plays that win you the game. If you are good enough, you will shift the odds in your favour, 80% of the time enemy team is just as bad as your team, and you are the one making the difference.

MMR works exactly the same as in Dota. If you are not improving yourself you will be stuck at the certain MMR range.Blaming the team won’t do you any good, the only person you have to blame is yourself. Yes sometimes you get games that you simply can’t win. But most of the time its 50/50 with you increasing chances of winning the game. Once you get better and start making the game changing plays yourself, you will start winning more games than you lose.

Game isn’t going well? Don’t rage in the map chat, give some advice to people instead. Like if you are playing on the temple of the storm map, keep reminding people when buff is about to spawn by saying 1 min till whatever, 30 sec till whatever. Since average pvp people forget those things. Raging in chat isn’t helping anyone. By raging you juist make people play much worse. Which in return results in you losing more games. So you are just fueling your own rage, in more games you rage, the more more people start playing worse. Which ends your chances for a comeback. And since you lose more games because of it, you rage even more. If you have to rage, dont do it on map/teamchat, just shout at the wall in your room. Just because game is 100 to 250 doesn’t mean it’s lost. Won a lot of games like that in those 14 hours yesterday.

This isn’t the free ride to legendary, you have to multiclass if you want to win more. Since a lot of the times your team will refuse to swap, to fix your team comp, or to counter enemy team. And if you are also one of those people that refuse to repick. Its just asking for a lost game. Since having 4 necros and a revenant isn’t helping anyone.Enemy will just pick 1-2 supports, and you can’t even touch them. Enemy team has 3-4 necros? Switch to aura tempest, it shuts down them hard. Your team has too many supports and lacks the dmg? Switch to a dmg profession, to carry the team by killing people. Just stay positive, give tips to people and carry the game yourself. And you will notice the big difference.

(edited by Cynn.1659)

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Now Ruby is cursed?

Yup! As players break out of the “curse” they move up to the next division and it starts again. You’ll see the same complaint for Diamond in a week or so too.

This is my guess at what is happening, especially in Ruby:
The mediocre players who get boosted or get lucky move up a division. However, they’ll lose more than win and end up at the bottom. When other players who are progressing enter that division, the player pool within a few pips of them has a disproportionate number of these mediocre players. They end up being chosen for as teammates and drag you down, making it hard to get out of that first division. Once you get through the second division or so, it’s smooth sailing until you go up a tier and the process begins again.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Been stuck in tier 1 ruby for a week, since i was busy and didn’t have time to play more than 3 games a day. Yesterday played 14 hours non stop, went from tier 1 ruby to diamond.By playing mostly support tempest, and sometimes switching to necro, when team needed more dmg. All in solo queue.

You have to play with the Dota mindset, never trust your team to win the game. You have to be the preson, that makes the plays that win you the game. If you are good enough, you will shift the odds in your favour, 80% of the time enemy team is just as bad as your team, and you are the one making the difference.

MMR works exactly the same as in Dota. If you are not improving yourself you will be stuck at the certain MMR range.Blaming the team won’t do you any good, the only person you have to blame is yourself. Yes sometimes you get games that you simply can’t win. But most of the time its 50/50 with you increasing chances of winning the game. Once you get better and start making the game changing plays yourself, you will start winning more games than you lose.

I’ll speak for myself who is at the same spot you are at the moment. What annoys me about ppl giving such advises, despite the “good” intentions, is that it assume several things that are all but guaranteed.

Three of the most annoying assumptions are…

1) Your case is representative of all cases and what works for you will work for all. If you could make it, what is your excuses to not make it. the difference is I really wanted it while you really did not. (and that kind of ppl like to use as much as possible the word “excuse” to brush aside anything and everything regardless of the validity of what is brought to their attention).

2) People who complain do not know of the advises I’m about to give them otherwise they would have the same results I have. Don’t you think someone smoking doesn’t already know waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than you that it’s bad for his health? Maybe the problem isn’t in the lack of knowledge… Strangely ppl never cease top tell the smoker that smoking is bad. It’s well intended but, pretty dumb really (btw, I do not smoke or drink or whatever else except gaming :P).

3) They are wrong, I’m right.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Been stuck in tier 1 ruby for a week, since i was busy and didn’t have time to play more than 3 games a day, since i work during the week. Yesterday played 14 hours non stop, went from tier 1 ruby to diamond.By playing mostly support tempest, and sometimes switching to necro, when team needed more dmg. All in solo queue.

Game isn’t going well? Don’t rage in the map chat, give some advice to people instead. Like if you are playing on the temple of the storm map, keep reminding people when buff is about to spawn by saying 1 min till whatever, 30 sec till whatever. Since average pvp people forget those things. Raging in chat isn’t helping anyone. By raging you juist make people play much worse. Which in return results in you losing more games. So you are just fueling your own rage, in more games you rage, the more more people start playing worse. Which ends your chances for a comeback. And since you lose more games because of it, you rage even more. If you have to rage, dont do it on map/teamchat, just shout at the wall in your room. Just because game is 100 to 250 doesn’t mean it’s lost. Won a lot of games like that in those 14 hours yesterday.

This isn’t the free ride to legendary, you have to multiclass if you want to win more. Since a lot of the times your team will refuse to swap, to fix your team comp, or to counter enemy team. And if you are also one of those people that refuse to repick. Its just asking for a lost game. Since having 4 necros and a revenant isn’t helping anyone.Enemy will just pick 1-2 supports, and you can’t even touch them. Enemy team has 3-4 necros? Switch to aura tempest, it shuts down them hard. Your team has too many supports and lacks the dmg? Switch to a dmg profession, to carry the team by killing people. Just stay positive, give tips to people and carry the game yourself. And you will notice the big difference.

1 single person can’t carry games that hard. You basically just have luck with your comps and matchmaking.

I got +2300 games on Thief, + 1000 games on Engi and alot on Necro.
Doesnt matter what class I play; if your team is just not at your level at all, it will not work.

It’s sometimes even that bad I feel like I’m carrying teamfights with my Thief.
That’s how bad it is with some matches.

There should be more tutorials about strategies and whatnot.
My teams always leave close open and it gets decapped 24/7. Then they decide to rush close with 3 ppl for 1 guy. You got it right; mid lost.

Sometimes I even have to carry ppl’s jobs by contesting a point as thief vs anything.
And they dont even bother come help/switch so I can roam or +1 again.

SoloQ is a RNG Hell. Matchmaking is a lie.

in PvP

AegisFLCL.7623

Now Ruby is cursed?

Yup! As players break out of the “curse” they move up to the next division and it starts again. You’ll see the same complaint for Diamond in a week or so too.

The mediocre players who get boosted or get lucky move up a division. However, they’ll lose more than win and end up at the bottom. When other players who are progressing enter that division, the player pool within a few pips of them has a disproportionate number of these mediocre players. They end up being chosen for as teammates and drag you down, making it hard to get out of that first division. Once you get through the second division or so, it’s smooth sailing until you go up a tier and the process begins again.

Sounds to me like the system is appropriately spreading players the more time progresses.

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Try targeting some real problems, like what do I do with my pvp tickets now?

Attachments:

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

The real problem right now is, a lot of ruby players just aren’t suppose to be in ruby, they are just plain not good enough, they climbed to ruby because you can’t loose tier in emerald and sapphire, which lead to horrible team Mate or opponent. Just had a match where the players on the other team should have been amber or emerald max, literally 500 to 100 in a 4 vs 5

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

The real problem right now is, a lot of ruby players just aren’t suppose to be in ruby, they are just plain not good enough, they climbed to ruby because you can’t loose tier in emerald and sapphire, which lead to horrible team Mate or opponent. Just had a match where the players on the other team should have been amber or emerald max, literally 500 to 100 in a 4 vs 5

Exactly, with something like that, you’re creating some kind of bottleneck for good players to go through due being stuck with ppl who just farmed their way into Ruby.

It was the exact same thing in Season 1; Ruby was hell for most.

in PvP

Exedore.6320

Sounds to me like the system is appropriately spreading players the more time progresses.

It will. But that may take most of the season. Meanwhile it frustrates many players along the way.

This is what players want:

1. Teammates close to their skill level
  2. Competitive matches (not blow-outs)
  3. League to reflect their skill more immediately, not over time
  4. Rewards which are gated by skill (though eventually obtainable for everyone)

The current system doesn’t really do any of that well. It’s set up to try and do #4, but league progress is as much a time gate as a skill gate. Meanwhile, matchmaking both within teams and between teams is no better (though it’s no worse, which is a pretty kitten ing assessment of the MMR calculation).

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

philheat.3956

It will. But that may take most of the season. Meanwhile it frustrates many players along the way.

This is what players want:

The current system doesn’t really do any of that well. It’s set up to try and do #4, but league progress is as much a time gate as a skill gate. Meanwhile, matchmaking both within teams and between teams is no better (though it’s no worse, which is a pretty kitten ing assessment of the MMR calculation).

This depends on many factors, population pool, play time, professions used etc. It’s not really easy to fix because you need more things, you need more people with real experience in the game (=anet should give better tools to understand better the game like replay mode) and a build template system used in the mmr formula with meta builds can help a lot making more balanced games. Premades vs Soloers are another issue so or you try to filter more the matchmaking formula making long queues or make some “backup” system for soloer when you faced and lose against ubalanced games by roster size view. These are only suggestions but I think can help a lot to create better quality games.

This is also interesting, I understand this progression system can create some issues at the beginning for less experienced players. Maybe Leagues or an offseasons placement could be created to start people in different division from the beginning, according with their skill but the system would be realy different. I dunno if I started from Ruby or Diamond, I’d enjoy league in the same way like starting from Amber, maybe it would be too short I dunno. There are achievements issues to handle if you decide to start people from different divisions. I dunno if it’s possible in this way.

I honestly think the rewards are fine, Anet should just add a more variety items to buy with pvp tickets (es glorious hero armor, old pvp set like tribal set, special key and special chest in pvp pure reward track etc.).

(edited by philheat.3956)

in PvP

LordOtto.2650

26 pips in ruby, and in winning strike, wish me luck!

in PvP

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

They are about the same IMO although I have gotten further in ruby this season but I did stop grinding last season mid ruby and just went back to wvw. What I have been doing is log in to do the 3 daily wins for my achievements.. If I’m on a win streak after my 3 wins, I keep playing. If I start to go on a losing streak I stop playing.. Moved up 3 tiers in ruby in the last 2 days and it took me 3 days to move out of 1 tier in sapphire when all I was doing was grinding for wins. Still wish they code something for class stacking though lol too many matches against 3 – 4 of same class..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in PvP

Posted by: SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

Thanks for removing MMR. I cannot remember any time balancing in ranked mode was so terribad as it is now.

Attachments:

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.

in PvP

Exedore.6320

It sounds like you’re stuck in ruby because that’s where your skill level is. You didn’t notice this last season because the leagues weren’t skill-based like they are now.

Leagues aren’t skill-based now either. It just takes longer for lesser skilled players to advance.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: nativity.3057

nativity.3057

Now Ruby is cursed?

I think this is the immediate issue at hand.
When you can’t go down in divisions but can in tiers, those who can’t win will congregate at the bottom tier. Whether they were carried up to their current division, their skill levels are at that level, or genuinely better, it doesn’t matter, since they will be stuck there. This is a team game, so the chances of winning are increasingly slim at the bottom tiers.

The threads where people say “X division is hell”? Well, they’re not wrong. If we took a survey, the chances of those posters being in the bottom tiers could be high, just my assumption. It just moves up from each division.

In my case, I just hit Sapphire (less than 70 ranked games, please don’t be mean), and on a win streak. So far I have 4/5 pips, and the last two matches have been complete shut outs.
I know for a fact that this isn’t because I’m better, just that I had better teammates who probably also just got to Sapphire and aren’t stuck at the bottom tier. (I know this because I played those two games as a Revenant, when my main is a DH, and I still accidentally swap weapons instead of legends).

ArenaNet should make it so that you can go down divisions. Yes, it might be harder to get that legendary backpiece, but honestly, everyone isn’t entitled to it.

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Try targeting some real problems, like what do I do with my pvp tickets now?

10 shards for 1 league ticket seems to be solving your problem

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in PvP

Exedore.6320

10 shards for 1 league ticket seems to be solving your problem

But shards are absolutely worthless. 50c on the TP.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

*When you can’t go down in divisions but can in tiers, those who can’t win will congregate at the bottom tier. *

I think that level is purely comprised of trolls who simply don’t wanna win but purposefully lose for trolling purposes and above them are new players who just play for fun and don’t care about their improvement as players (yet?), then you have the PvErs who just want dailies done and treat PvP like PvE yet still have enough familiarity with class mechanics and experience (even if it’s just PvE) to keep from being at the lowest tiers yet their lack of understanding of basic map mechanic strategy keeps them below more dedicated PvPers and these are the people who carelessly rush beast and concede mid in Forest’s opening. Then above them averages and everything beyond and in between.

So the scale from the “I’m totally going to throw this match to annoy people for fun!” guys all the way up to the ESL champions is quite large.

in PvP

Posted by: Dream Shake.8741

Dream Shake.8741

I won a game in stronghold, but didn’t get any pips. Pvp reward track is buggy too.

Happened to me twice in Stronghold about a week ago. I have since unchecked Stronghold.

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Loving ruby as well. Getting players that don’t know what tranq is on silent storm, ele’s that rush ferocity, players that don’t know what focus fire is. It really is the garbage dump for grinders,

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Now Ruby is cursed?

It’s what happen in a system where GRIND is better than SKILL.

Anyone can GRIND to Legendary. They just need more time than the others.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

The most important thing is to not let players team up if they are not in the same division, ever! Why?! Because solo players will carry them, or will loose because of them!
And the match making never should put solo sapphire players with/against ruby players, no mater the MMR! It’s a huge difference in sapphire-ruby, ruby-diamond divisions, huge!

Hmm… well so according to you, my TEAM can’t play together because our thief is not in the same division?

This is more rubbish than saying that GRIND based Divisions shows SKILL.

Don’t remove OPTIONS to your PLAYER BASE if you still want a healthy player base in the future.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

No way. Still some dopes but so far this season seeing way less nonsense. I can count on one hand how many times people have gone to chieftien or Svanir at the start instead of keep in Nifhel. Much less blind far point pushing as well.

in PvP

AegisFLCL.7623

It’s what happen in a system where GRIND is better than SKILL.

Anyone can GRIND to Legendary. They just need more time than the others.

Tell that to the people moaning about being stuck in Emerald and Sapphire, I dare you. There are plenty of people who that no matter how many games they will play, won’t get out of ruby period.

Who doesn’t love the age of the interwebs and entitlement, ahhhh so glorious.

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

i see many primordial legends in my ruby team so sth must be up.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

AegisFLCL.7623

i see many primordial legends in my ruby team so sth must be up.

They could be there for several reasons…

- Started late in the season
- Don’t play much
- Only logging for daily ach towards backpiece
- Hunting for class win achs towards backpiece
- Got carried due to amber shopping/system abuse
- Abused stronghold early last season

Honestly, the Primordial Legend title from last season doesn’t mean nearly as much as it should.