Rune viability

Rune viability

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Hey.

There are some really cool runes available in pvp that are mostly hampered by either a bad stat spread with decent active effects or by active effects that have crazy cooldowns.

As an example one of my favourite runes are foreman runes.
Their stat spread is mediocre but that isn’t the real issue, its active bonusses are poor an have too long cooldowns.
If the second bonus was a short duration fire aura on a decent cd and the 6th bonus was moves to a 45 or even 30 second cooldown it would be quite decent.

There arw a hell of a lot of outdated and completely neglected runws that could use some love. Many of them will never be useful and are beyond redemption but some only need small tweaks to make them usable.

Please do this, even if its just 2 runes every 2 weeks.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Rune viability

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Let’s nerf the other runes instead. We don’t need more powercreep. There are runes with powerful active effects on short CDs, like Krait, Lyssa, Soldier, Nightmare, etc. Some are obviously better than others.

Remember Durability?

Runes shouldn’t be making such a big difference in the game. They should be minor enhancements to your spec. But right now, there are runes that are too good, mandatory even. It’s almost like some specs rely on certain runes to be competitive. Some were so mandatory and good that they were removed (Durability). Imagine if Perplexity was in PvP. That kitten would never fly because Berserkers and Chronomancers would abuse their interrupting power and because significantly more OP than they already are.

Rune viability

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Hey.

There are some really cool runes available in pvp that are mostly hampered by either a bad stat spread with decent active effects or by active effects that have crazy cooldowns.

As an example one of my favourite runes are foreman runes.
Their stat spread is mediocre but that isn’t the real issue, its active bonusses are poor an have too long cooldowns.
If the second bonus was a short duration fire aura on a decent cd and the 6th bonus was moves to a 45 or even 30 second cooldown it would be quite decent.

There arw a hell of a lot of outdated and completely neglected runws that could use some love. Many of them will never be useful and are beyond redemption but some only need small tweaks to make them usable.

Please do this, even if its just 2 runes every 2 weeks.

2 runes every 2 weeks might be a lot more work than you think.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Rune viability

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Let’s nerf the other runes instead. We don’t need more powercreep. There are runes with powerful active effects on short CDs, like Krait, Lyssa, Soldier, Nightmare, etc. Some are obviously better than others.

Remember Durability?

Runes shouldn’t be making such a big difference in the game. They should be minor enhancements to your spec. But right now, there are runes that are too good, mandatory even. It’s almost like some specs rely on certain runes to be competitive. Some were so mandatory and good that they were removed (Durability). Imagine if Perplexity was in PvP. That kitten would never fly because Berserkers and Chronomancers would abuse their interrupting power and because significantly more OP than they already are.

The runes im referring to have nothing to do with power creep and never have been in any decent position, not even before HoT.
And if you think mesmer is still OP adter the recent nerfs i cant take you seriously in the least.

Why does every thread in the pvp forum have to get someone whining about something thats completely unrelated.

(edited by Novuake.2691)

Rune viability

in PvP

Novuake.2691

1 rune every 2 weeks? Although i cant imagine its that much work. Really i cant.

Rune viability

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

1 rune every 2 weeks? Although i cant imagine its that much work. Really i cant.

PvP team, balance team and QA. I am pretty sure that at least those teams would have to check on it before a release.
The work isn’t to make the change, but it getting the approval.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)