Runes? Leaderboards?? Queuing???

in PvP

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

So “bug” fix patch, was thinking, ok, that will be good. There are a lot of bugged runes fixing them would surely open up some new possibilities. Then I look at the patch and there are bug fixes for underwater skills… but you don’t even touch runes. I do not understand your priorities.

THEN I see all those improvements to spectator mode… which is nice and all, but nothing regarding queuing or leaderboards which is so much more important atm… I used to play more but honestly at this point I don’t even feel like playing without my full team on, and we all have jobs so that doesn’t happen that often. If there is one, or two, or three of us on, we got nothing to do. We can hot join… people dropping in and out constantly, most don’t even care about holding anything they just zerg around and farm glory, the whole thing makes my eyes bleed, or you can queue with let’s say 3 players who are on, except that you seem to pretty much always get a full premade when you do that, which you’ll go up against with 2 random players.

Or you can yolo queue. I had one night where I started in the 210’s on ranking then no joke, i get 1 4v5, 2nd match my ragtag pug goes up against a solid premade, 3rd match another 4v5, 4th match i got a rank 1 and a rank 7 in my team against a pug of full 40+, the rank 1 is running glass staff ele and probably died about 12 times that match. That’s when I said kitten this kitten. Now that was frustrating but I could say, w/e it was just bad luck, i’ll have better luck tomorrow. Except that it dropped me over 500 spots on the leaderboards… which seems like a pretty heavy price to pay for streak solo bad luck (why is the leaderboard that volatile anyways when got over 800 matches played??)

I just don’t understand how addressing these issues by splitting queues and having separate/better ranking leaderboards isn’t a TOP priority.That way if you got your full team on you can do full premades against full premades and have a full premade leaderboard with proper decay for inactivity (what’s up with all the people with like 12 matches played on the top 100 who probably haven’t logged on in months? …) so it actually reflects the competitive pvp community with some accuracy. Then a separate queue and leaderboard if you’re yolo queing or queing with just a friend or two, under a separate leaderboard where you can just go and have fun with it. I mean you currently have pvp set up to encourage people to play LESS than they would like to. Let me say that again so it sinks in, your current options encourage players to play LESS. I don’t know, I’d have everyone working on this because if people aren’t playing does other stuff really matter? But I guess, maybe next month? Probably not. So July? August? I won’t hold my breath.

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior

(edited by Julius.1094)

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I was confused with all the underwater skill fixes unless…………….the next tpvp map will be underwater ._.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

According to anet and the blind fanbois who run premades esports grow by hosting tournaments not making casuals enjoy the game.

HEy look over there 4k views on twitch!! Zomg

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

hello friend
currently there are no ways to monetize pvp
that is why esports spectator is more important
once there is a foundation for getting money from us,
ncsoft will allow devs to devote time to pushing pvp out of beta
regards,
milo

in PvP

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

According to anet and the blind fanbois who run premades esports grow by hosting tournaments not making casuals enjoy the game.

HEy look over there 4k views on twitch!! Zomg

Esports also grows by having more people playing the game which happens when it’s fun and there are options. Having a premade only leaderboard with decay and with team tags, would also really help esports grow.

Look at the leaderboards right now and other than really well known teams like zzz, tell me based on it who the top 10 teams in NA are. Oh wait, you can’t tell that based on the leaderboards at all, hmm, isn’t that the point of having one?

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior

(edited by Julius.1094)