S-PvP & Ganging up

S-PvP & Ganging up

in PvP

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

Ganging up and hunting down a single target while ignoring all nodes in s-pvp is getting, at least imo, more and more common. And it gets old – very fast.

A solution might be to share the kill points by every person who did damage to the target while increasing team-oriented points e.g. you get points for putting someone in downed state (not killing) while defending a node. This way bots wouldn’t get points and an outnumbered defense group would get at least some reward.

S-PvP & Ganging up

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

The solution is to stop playing PUGs and play in tournaments. Hot join is just that, and a lot of people only join it to experiment/practice… which you can’t do either by standing on a point.

S-PvP & Ganging up

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

U see it as ganking , but i see it as stratigical <<nutrilizing>> a character , like Arenas :P

S-PvP & Ganging up

in PvP

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

U see it as ganking , but i see it as stratigical <<nutrilizing>> a character , like Arenas :P

I just don’t see the sense in it (except gathering “glory”) to chase a single target with 3-4 people over nearly the whole map while ignoring the objectives – in an objective based part of the game.

It is just bad game design if the designers’ goal is a non-deathmatch playing field and players get (even more so) rewarded by not following the intended “spirit” of the scenario. It is like someone yelling “Gin” when you play poker .)

S-PvP & Ganging up

in PvP

Posted by: MiniAchilles.4617

MiniAchilles.4617

While I some what agree with you OP, there really isn’t any thing to be done, even if you were to even out the distribution of points I still think people would gank and follow the zerg train for the most part. It’s just the way hot join games are inclined.

You can always go out and search for your 1v1’s I do it on my Thief and Ele, can cause more frustration though if you’re in said 1v1 and then another jumps in and ruins your fun.

S-PvP & Ganging up

in PvP

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

You get 10 points for a skirmisher, right?

You get 10 points for a cap, that I’m sure of.

So the best result you get from killing anyone in sight, preferably those alone, and than rush the nearest point aand abandon it again.

It’s the system promoting what players tend to do anyhow: gank the weakest around.

Skirmish should be 5 points max, or even just 3 or so.
Capture should be 15 at least.

Defending a point should reward points for all the time you fight and hold them of before dying.
If I hold of a point for 30 seconds, or for a minute, before dying, my team gets resource points… but I get nothing. In tpvp this means something, you helped your team win. But in spvp this means absoltutley nothing, it’s just wasting your time.
Spvp point system is seriously flawed.

Even for a pug system it should reward playing the objectives, and not reward ganking and zerging. Heck, it even rewards NOT defending, even when you can…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

S-PvP & Ganging up

in PvP

Posted by: Master Charles.7093

Master Charles.7093

This is the problem with pvp. I think we need arena for this exact reason.

All my skill seems meaningless when I’m outnumbered, and that’s all the time if I’m not doing unto others. The number one way to win is simply outnumber your opponent better. It makes all these beautifully calculated and well-timed abilities futile, at an exponential rate, starting with 1v2 (against players of moderately equal talent).

Now obviously, you shouldn’t expect to win regularly or ever without extreme effort in 1v2, and any greater conflict (1v3+) is just a stalling tactic. But we’re sitting closer to the other extreme with conquest mode and such short TTL/TTK. And telling people to go play a guardian if they wanna 1v2 is more of a problem than a solution.

I feel like if I wasn’t getting burned down so quick I could actually turn the tables in 1v2 once in a blue moon. I start to get the best of people 80% of the time in those brief 1v1 or 2v2ish scenarios (not to be arrogant, I’m just saying), but almost every instance my effort is outmoded by a teammate coming in and laying his own waste, or another opponent doing the same to me in only a few seconds flat. It’s very frustrating and makes me feel cheated and unchallenged. Sure tpvp is less obviously so, but it really just brings outnumbering into an artform with headsets.

I’ve already detailed why we need arena in another thread…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Suggestions-Constructive-Criticism-for-SPvP-WIP

…but the problem is many fold: scoring issues, dps>>>defense, time to live/kill, ect… Arena feels like a simple solution to many dominant, reactionary extremes via simple, even matchups. I’d be happy if they had an option to just play in one of the existing maps with no points. Scores could be as simple as kills, but it’s all about having fun on a level playing field. It ain’t gonna hurt nobody. Conquest is great for highly organized teams who are all about communicating in objective based combat (great for e-sports), but we need a straight-forward avenue for casuals and pugs in order to have an easily accessible (pvp) game.

Arena Net: please provide an arena

(edited by Master Charles.7093)

S-PvP & Ganging up

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

Ganging up and hunting down a single target while ignoring all nodes in s-pvp is getting, at least imo, more and more common. And it gets old – very fast.

This is why I don’t really play it. It’s been very common like this for me when I entered it from the start. I also tried tournaments, didn’t find them a very significant improvement in the area of being fun. Pug vs Organized or Team arenas vs Random arenas, we all seen how that went, we also seen it in rift too not only guildwars 1.

This is why for spvp I just run the tankiest stuff possible (like mesmer trying to keep up perma protection buff on with blocks, although this morning when I was running a tanky build I forgot to switch amulets and had on berserkers). Because it’s always people versus person chasing with stuns, roots,dazes, and immobilizes. This wasn’t all that bad of a situation for me this morning but before I quit spvp it was like 3-5 people sometimes even 2-5 being thiefs just wanting to chase and gank me around the map even while server hopping to get out of those positions.

And yes you could be the best fighter in the game but that will mean absolutely nothing.

This is also why I prefer wvw there will be no false thought that if you as a single person got ran over by a zerg that that was all skill related, they know they just ran you over with numbers. Also, your chances of fighting teams vs teams increases greatly, even though the numbers are too big for my personal preference.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)