SO MANY bots! sPvP unplayable!!!

in PvP

Posted by: All Matters Fecal.9560

All Matters Fecal.9560

Came back from a 2 month break to see that pvp is literally all just bots this season (at least in starting tiers). It looks like there is literally zero effort to curb the infestation as there’s only 1 or 2 other legitimate real players in every match.

in PvP

Posted by: Kaburro.4712

Kaburro.4712

Came back from a 2 month break to see that pvp is literally all just bots this season (at least in starting tiers). It looks like there is literally zero effort to curb the infestation as there’s only 1 or 2 other legitimate real players in every match.

May be the fault of my tin foil hat but I can’t believe this behavior could be normal. So many player unresponsive to chat, following patterns and using skills like machines.
I see this happening every time playerbase get low, take your own conclusions, is this players botting or…?

in PvP

All Matters Fecal.9560

May be the fault of my tin foil hat but I can’t believe this behavior could be normal. So many player unresponsive to chat, following patterns and using skills like machines.
I see this happening every time playerbase get low, take your own conclusions, is this players botting or…?

There’s no “or” about it…it’s clearly botting. You can see characters moving in the same exact paths almost on top of/inside each other, stopping at the same exact spot every time at the cap zone, perfect reaction times to dodges and stun breaks. You can tell who’s a bot just before the gate opens and the match starts by where they’re standing before they run out.

I was on eternal coliseum, capped far, then a warrior came after me to take the point back. I walked away and he followed…for the rest of the match. I literally walked him around the map 4 or 5 times and his pathing made no effort to try to look lifelike. He was like my little warrior bot pet.

in PvP

Kaburro.4712

There’s no “or” about it…it’s clearly botting. You can see characters moving in the same exact paths almost on top of/inside each other, stopping at the same exact spot every time at the cap zone, perfect reaction times to dodges and stun breaks. You can tell who’s a bot just before the gate opens and the match starts by where they’re standing before they run out.

I was on eternal coliseum, capped far, then a warrior came after me to take the point back. I walked away and he followed…for the rest of the match. I literally walked him around the map 4 or 5 times and his pathing made no effort to try to look lifelike. He was like my little warrior bot pet.

I don’t really doubt that there are bots cos I noticed this behavior on last season, but this time is to obvious.
The “or” part was about who put the bots there. Think about it for a sec.
Anyway this thread will be deleted soon I think.

in PvP

All Matters Fecal.9560

I don’t really doubt that there are bots cos I noticed this behavior on last season, but this time is to obvious.

Ooooh…plot thickens!

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Ooooh…plot thickens!

It’s not anet, most bots that I’ve run into are usually semi manned. Like you can definitely tell when the human takes over so my guess is they run a few clients or computers or something at once with either some very extensive macros or essentially a bot program that he can manually take over every now and then.

They probably try to keep all 3 accounts close to the same rating and sync the q.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I’m really tempted to make a low mmr alt account just to see this.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I keep warning games that try to be esports to actually ID people in real life. Can you play in a basket ball season twice just by changing names? The answer is obvious. You have one name registered to play the season or even get into the big leagues.

Without ID on ranked players people can make bots to fill the lower ranks boosting everyone or make smurfs to bring high tier play to the lowest rank thus making ranking up arbitrary. If they treat esports as professionally as real sports they will succeed.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Tyrion.9015

Tyrion.9015

I am afraid they don’t care about bots. They are ruining gw1 and starting to ruin gw2. K. They do nothing, they just say report it with the report tool….lul

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

These bots they exist. I usually type a joke and see who reacted, sometime I do a captcha, like Human X up please. Usually players do not type X to respond, instead you can see some players respond by jumping up and down etch, dance, sleeps or shoot / hit you with their weapon, then you know they aren’t Bots.

But there is this one toon, that I think is 99% a bot, I was in 4 matches in a row with them and they did the exact same thing in each of the match. They follow the player who start the game capping home base, following them where ever, I need to be in match with them again to see exactly what happen if the player they follow died.

anyway: captcha – please consider adding this in the beginning of the match

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in PvP

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

Of course bots exist.

Read this post where i explained some things about them.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Let-s-talk-about-the-spvp-bot-array/first#post6636392

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

in PvP

All Matters Fecal.9560

How are people denying that bots are a thing?! That’s mind boggling.

It’s painfully obvious who is a bot and who isn’t. Do some googling and you’ll see it exists and it’s readily available to any kitten out there.

in PvP

Posted by: voodoo.7412

voodoo.7412

i didnt believe it till i saw it last night a bot necro that kept running to mid point in forest map mid was held by 3 DH we took far and close the necro kept running there he die then re spawn then run back and die he had some weird name no guild tag we could clearly see the path he take is the same when 2 of us followed him to check he just run into traps and die no skills used at all even enemy team did notice that and helped us reporting by almost the end of the match all 3 enemy DH moved from center point just to make sure its real and it was he run and stand there no skills used at all

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

It’s painfully obvious who is a bot and who isn’t. Do some googling and you’ll see it exists and it’s readily available to any kitten out there.

I’m sure it exists, but I can’t imagine it’s effective for advancing your rating. I’ve only played in gold tier, and I haven’t seen anything that looked like botting. It sucks that people do this, but shouldn’t the bots make it pretty easy for any player who is actually playing the game to advance past the tiers (bottom of bronze, I assume?) where this is a thing?

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Depends if their on your team.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Tyrfing.9482

Tyrfing.9482

It is botting. At first I thought it was just saltiness but then I noticed 2 to 3 players doing the exact thing every match. Mostly Guardians or Bunker Rangers, because yes, it’s easy to program them than Thieves.

They move to the same spot even stacking each other. 2 to 3 on a single point, bunkering and not moving until an enemy comes. This is not a normal player movement. It’s an easy lose if you’re on their team.

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Another behaviour I notice from playing against the alleged bot, When you down them, they never try to use any other downed skill except 4. this is a necromancer, and they dont fear you away, never once did they use any other skill except immediately go to skill 4.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in PvP

Posted by: ZiggyStardust.3194

ZiggyStardust.3194

Okay, I have never noticed any bot in 240 games I played this season, until now. One engi was always (I was teamed with him about 4 times) running close, even when another player told he’s doing so, then he rotates points:mid, when mid capped, far. He ignores that far 3 enemy players. If close is taken by enemy and my team mate is decaping, he is running from any position to close until point is not capped. Before game he autocasts skills. When his health low he casts stealth giro, even that we are about to take point…ofc, we all in stealth and we can do nothing. he doesn’t respond. And every, I mean every single game his behaviour is the same. I am writing ticked about him to Anet, but doubt they will do anything about it. Sadly, I can’t post his name here…

Don’t waste your hard earned pennies for the broken game!

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Ive literally played maybe 1 match with a bot, literally, and all I do is spvp, where are ppl finding bots like this ? (actually curious, not bashing you op)

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I find these topics hilarious.
People complain that bots outnumber players one to a million, all the while i have yet to see a single one since the league system was implemented

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

could you post some pics or a video even? throwing around accusations without any evidence is basically slander.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Wisdom.4712

Wisdom.4712

I have encountered a grand total of 1 semi-obvious bot in roughly 200 games of ranked play this season. This thread is a gigantic hyperbolic joke. Disregard.

Science like nature must also be tamed, with a view toward its preservation.

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

Cheats and cheaters don’t exist in online games, therefore it can’t be true for people to experience cheating in GW2. All these people who experience cheating (in various forms) cannot possible know what they are talking about either, because I don’t notice or experience what they are experiencing, and, therefore, it has to be untrue. Same old worn out and faulty logic. I don’t believe there are cheaters behind every screen either, but I do know they exist, both by experience and by the experience of others.

I find it very disingenuous when people come to threads and denigrate what others are seeing and experiencing.

Here’s an example outside of GW2; recently Valve banned 40k accounts for cheating. Therefore, if you don’t think it happens here in various forms, even here in GW2, then you should do a little research. Anyway, here’s the article on Valve:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/07/10/valve-bans-40-000-cheating-accounts-after-the-steam-summer-sale/

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

in PvP

Kaburro.4712

Cheats and cheaters don’t exist in online games, therefore it can’t be true for people to experience cheating in GW2. All these people who experience cheating (in various forms) cannot possible know what they are talking about either, because I don’t notice or experience what they are experiencing, and, therefore, it has to be untrue. Same old worn out and faulty logic. I don’t believe there are cheaters behind every screen either, but I do know they exist, both by experience and by the experience of others.

I find it very disingenuous when people come to threads and denigrate what others are seeing and experiencing.

Here’s an example outside of GW2; recently Valve banned 40k accounts for cheating. Therefore, if you don’t think it happens here in various forms, even here in GW2, then you should do a little research. Anyway, here’s the article on Valve:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/07/10/valve-bans-40-000-cheating-accounts-after-the-steam-summer-sale/

That’s a sad reality…
For those who say hacks don’t exist cos “I have never seen one”, Ill give you two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip_6oU7hCqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9-Z3iOuMu8

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I am afraid they don’t care about bots. They are ruining gw1 and starting to ruin gw2. K. They do nothing, they just say report it with the report tool….lul

pretty much this

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Wisdom.4712

Wisdom.4712

The point is that it’s greatly exaggerated, not that it doesn’t exist.

“1 or 2 other legitimate real players in every match” = absurd.

Science like nature must also be tamed, with a view toward its preservation.

in PvP

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Eeh.. a general google search thats not even about gw2???
Im not sure what youre argument is here..
Im not saying nothing needs to be done, but its jot an issue more than 5 people a week run into.. not sure if its worth any resources..

in PvP

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

I’m sure it exists, but I can’t imagine it’s effective for advancing your rating. I’ve only played in gold tier, and I haven’t seen anything that looked like botting. It sucks that people do this, but shouldn’t the bots make it pretty easy for any player who is actually playing the game to advance past the tiers (bottom of bronze, I assume?) where this is a thing?

inst for rating, but for gold. for gold sellers making gold with zero effort is what attracts these folks.

in PvP

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

The point is that it’s greatly exaggerated, not that it doesn’t exist.

“1 or 2 other legitimate real players in every match” = absurd.

Depends on timezone. At times with fewer players, bots tend to fall on the same team.

Who best noticed the bots are players with long hours of play, especially over the weekend.

The worst day was some Saturday last month, when it was afternoon in my country, I caught several matches with an asura guard bot called “sashimir”.

Decreased a lot after I reached silver t3, and I have not seen any bot in gold tier yet.

Apparently they’re stuck on silver t2 and below that.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

in PvP

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

To the OP:

Many more casual players do not respond to PVP team chat mainly because we end up on a team with that one person who thinks they are better than everyone else, running around like a madman decapping but not capping, beating down but not stomping, and overall just complaining how they are “carrying the team”. I normally say nothing in chat unless it is to call a cap point or beast kill. I play on the fly, mixing up combos trying to maximize my numbers for the team.

Sometimes teams simply click, going around killing everything without issue and winning. Sometimes not. But just because a player does not respond to chat does not mean they are a bot.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

in PvP

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

FYI linking to searches or posting results or details of hacks, cheats, and or exploits is against the TOS if I recall correctly.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

in PvP

All Matters Fecal.9560

It’s not about them not responding to chat or playing poorly, it’s their actions that look downright AI in nature…movement, gameplay choices, routing…Hell, I even found two bots running into the crates at mid on Capricorn. They didn’t move until I hit them, ignored the uncapped point, and just walked directly towards me with no effort other than the “W” key.

In any case, I hit gold last night and haven’t seen any since. Seems they’re all stuck in mid tier silver…but they do exist. To think otherwise is ignorant.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Thank you man. I actually BMed that. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! xD

Seems like a awesome way to farm ranked, while playing another game on the other moniter.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I’ve been hovering around Mid Gold/Silver all season and I dunno if it’s bots but it feels like there are a greater number of people doing insanely weird things during matches. It feels like a Twilight Zone PvP. I’m bad, I know this, but the stuff I’ve seen is beyond just being bad… it’s unnatural. Are bots really such a plague now?

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Could we use those bots for training mode, whenever you’re new to pvp, or wanna test a whimsical build?

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Okay, but wouldn’t you agree that there’s a vast difference between “bots/cheating exist” and “bots/cheating are pervasive and the game is unplayable as a result”? I don’t doubt that this issue exists, but in nearly 150 games played this season I have never seen anything to indicate bots or match manipulation. Heck, I’ve barely even seen the kind of poor matchmaking players on this forum claim is constant! I can remember 1 match where the rating gain/loss was so far outside of the norm as to indicate I was placed along with players far above/below my rating.

I’ve played from gold 1 to plat 1 and this is my first PvP season. So I am not saying it doesn’t happen, but in my experience of ~150 ranked games at these rating levels, it is a non-issue that has barely shown itself, if at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

Okay, but wouldn’t you agree that there’s a vast difference between “bots/cheating exist” and “bots/cheating are pervasive and the game is unplayable as a result”? I don’t doubt that this issue exists, but in nearly 150 games played this season I have never seen anything to indicate bots or match manipulation. Heck, I’ve barely even seen the kind of poor matchmaking players on this forum claim is constant! I can remember 1 match where the rating gain/loss was so far outside of the norm as to indicate I was placed along with players far above/below my rating.

I’ve played from gold 1 to plat 1 and this is my first PvP season. So I am not saying it doesn’t happen, but in my experience of ~150 ranked games at these rating levels, it is a non-issue that has barely shown itself, if at all.

Extent is a double-edged sword; could go to either a miniscule amount or be quite grand; probably will never know for certain. The amount of things being complained about is an indicator; the sheer amount of people complaining cannot and should not be ignored even when I am not experiencing what they are. Personally, after about 100 games myself (my teenaged son is also playing and asking me about things he’s encountering too he’s quite frustrated atm and considering avoiding sPvP altogether even though it’s his favorite mode), besides match manipulation, the most common things I see are speed and teleport hacks (currently in gold 3). There are matches I just cannot explain what I am experiencing (Although I main mesmer, I have all elites maxed out and am familiar enough with each profession to know what they are capable of doing). In short, no one person’s personal experiences will never represent the whole, so I cannot with good conscience dismiss others even if it seems remote.

Only a thorough and comprehensive investment to determine extent will make the magnitude of the problem known. So, in the interim, I will not dismiss what others are seeing, despite the fact I have not experienced all of what others are complaining about. I am glad Anet is starting to do something about match manipulation – gotta start somewhere – and I hope they will continue to look into ways to keep all kinds of cheating to a minimum.

note: the reason I posted the link was to demonstrate how pervasive online cheating is. It would be quite naïve, and unfortunate because GW2 is a great game imho, to think it’s not pervasive here in GW2.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

(edited by Soothsayer.9206)

in PvP

Posted by: Khales.3198

Khales.3198

during seasons might be the only time when pvp is playable.. in unranked. because most lag-switchers and hackers work on their fake rank in ranked.