[SOTG] Questions Poll

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

Hey, firstly I would like to start with saying, that I understand everyone has a lot of questions that they would like to see asked in SOTG, but sadly there is a time restriction which means there is only a certain amount of questions we can get through; so what I am going to purpose to you in this thread, is to put in three questions that you would like to see asked in SOTG, what I am going to do just before the live cast is tally up what topics have the most interest. I promise then that those questions will be asked.

I am going to start with the questions that I would like to ask.

1. Contents of the march patch.
2. Balancing the game for casuals.
3. Solo Que.

Please refrain from writing large walls of text, if you have any additional comments you can leave them after the 3 initial questions, but please make sure that you keep that to a minimum as to make it easier on me when I have to tally those up.

Thank you.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Kylex.5962

Kylex.5962

1.Make some incentive to play/something worth grinding for.(bring back gems)
2.Solo Que/Team Que (separate hot join people from full teams)
3.Balance Eles/rangers

Wannabe Thief – Chieftain Ninjas

(edited by Kylex.5962)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: reedju.5786

reedju.5786

1. Now that we have MMR what is the next big project they are working on.
2. How do the PvP devs feels about the state of balance and their plans on changes/improvements.
3. Now that they have had time to test rating systems, are they satisfied it is working and planning to make it viewable.

Black Avarice

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

1. make ratings visible
2. make private testing servers public
3. talk about how they need to start hotfixing broken crap more.

example: the torch perma invis bs has been out here for months and only recently got fixed.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

1. Weekly Bug Fixes / Small Balance Changes. Your game is in a state of flux, and monthly patches aren’t going to cut it. People will stick around for weekly fixes, no matter how minor they are.

2. Total Transparency, practice it.

3. Less focus on PvE Content. None of us, be it pvp or pve, pay monthly for this game, so why do PvPers get treated like second class citizens? There is no such thing as a PvEsport.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Here’s what I’d like some questions to focus on:

1. Viability of more classes, as well as more options per class (hammer warriors, burst guardians, pistol/pistol thieves, and other less used builds)

2. A meta that consists of less bunkers, and deeper coordinated play between group fights (synergy between professions, more depth in combat especially with combos and condition/boons)

3. More frequent and larger updates, no more of the “slow and steady” approach (custom servers being a “top priority” feature since early October, very few actual balance changes that have an impact on the meta)

(edited by Larynx.2453)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

1. If and how they plan to bring more people to sPvP by offering general rewards such as laurels, unique skins, experience in PvE, gold,; so on and so forth.
2. Visible rating to self-track progress?
3. Alternative game types now that Spirit Watch has had some play?

Thanks Xeph!

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: SAtaarcoeny.8476

SAtaarcoeny.8476

i want you to read this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/SAtaarcoeny-s-SOTG/first#post1564194

and dont beat around the bush talk about all this and do it in a organized fast fashion.

no SOTG yet has left me happy it seems like noone knows how to talk. (i might not know how to type but talking is easy) please dont dissapoint us. your not up there for e fame your up there to make the SOTG better.

URTFC.COM

BIG GW2 TOURNAMENT INC SPONSORED BY URTFC.COM

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Inti.6853

Inti.6853

1: Ptr, will it happen? why or why not? if it will, when?

2: how much of the dev team in total work on pvp ( make sure they give a strait answer )

3: What will be in the march patch?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: candlecan.9827

candlecan.9827

1. What observations and knowledge have the Anet team gained about the ball running mechanic? (i.e. what works, what doesn’t, how it effects the meta, what they want to change)
2. Does the Anet team have plans for increased information flow and transparency to the community?
3. What plans lie in the future that will break up some of the monotony of the same map/games over and over and what rewards do they want to bring to raise incentive to play competitively?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

1) How many ppl actually work on PvP and how high is the priority to make GW2 an e-Sport?
2) How does the Monetary gain through the Gem-Shop look like if you compare PvE- and PvP-Players.
3) Is there anything planned to hype the PvP and bring it to ppl that aren’t playing GW2 (or at least not PvP)? Like a big Tournament with Casters or sth.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Xeph.4513

i want you to read this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/SAtaarcoeny-s-SOTG/first#post1564194

and dont beat around the bush talk about all this and do it in a organized fast fashion.

no SOTG yet has left me happy it seems like noone knows how to talk. (i might not know how to type but talking is easy) please dont dissapoint us. your not up there for e fame your up there to make the SOTG better.

Sorry I don’t mean to sound rude here; I gave you a format at the start of the thread please stick with it, I can’t possibly discuss all the things you have on that post so narrow it down.
SOTG is just a medium between players and developers, I think that you are over glorifying it, if it doesn’t leave you happy then there is nothing we players can do about it, so if you will please give me three questions you would like to ask.

Thank you.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

1. Any plans on implementing custom arenas in the close future?
2. What are the plans on increasing pvp rewards and hosting “real” tournaments.
3. Future of warrior and overall balancing, are you planning on doing faster balance changes?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: edruviransu.1029

edruviransu.1029

1. When will we get a public ladder and a way of monitoring our ranking within our region?
2. Contents of march patch
3. Will we ever get some form of team rating (as opposed to merely the average of personal ratings)?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Dsquaredcri.9421

Dsquaredcri.9421

Hey, firstly I would like to start with saying, that I understand everyone has a lot of questions that they would like to see asked in SOTG, but sadly there is a time restriction which means there is only a certain amount of questions we can get through; so what I am going to purpose to you in this thread, is to put in three questions that you would like to see asked in SOTG, what I am going to do just before the live cast is tally up what topics have the most interest. I promise then that those questions will be asked.

3. Solo Que.

Please refrain from writing large walls of text, if you have any additional comments you can leave them after the 3 initial questions, but please make sure that you keep that to a minimum as to make it easier on me when I have to tally those up.

Thank you.

Xeph i think you come from wow ( or any same other mmo without pvp ), so to be honest you might don’t know exactly what is a pvp mmorpg..

I come from gw1 and if i were you, i would ask these 3 questions:

1)Ladder rankings
Ladder ranking should be automated refreshed ( not written like qp leaderboards ) and ratings should be visible.

2)Custom arena
Custom arena are a must to make gw2 e-sport which means tournament hosted by sponsors with money prize.

3)New mode game
If the 1on1 rated tournaments are the competitive pvp part with points, the pvp community need aswell a new mode like HA in guild wars 1 wich allows players to get fun/competive in different way than win/lose points in a ladder.

So my advice i feel to tell you xeph is to be inspired by gw1 for your question in SOTG.
( ofc balance is important, but balance without these 3 points worth less than zero )

Dsquaredcri, necro for Rush team

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Xeph.4513

3. Solo Que.

Thank you.

Xeph i think you come from wow ( or any same other mmo without pvp ), so to be honest you might don’t know exactly what is a pvp mmorpg..

I come from gw1 and if i were you, i would ask these 3 questions:

1)Ladder rankings
Ladder ranking should be automated refreshed ( not written like qp leaderboards ) and ratings should be visible.

2)Custom arena
Custom arena are a must to make gw2 e-sport which means tournament hosted by sponsors with money prize.

3)New mode game
If the 1on1 rated tournaments are the competitive pvp part with points, the pvp community need aswell a new mode like HA in guild wars 1 wich allows players to get fun/competive in different way than win/lose points in a ladder.

So my advice i feel to tell you xeph is to be inspired by gw1 for your question in SOTG.
( ofc balance is important, but balance without these 3 points worth less than zero )

I played GW1 and Daoc, so I do come from pvp mmo’s
Both your #1 and #2 questions should be answered in what the contents of the “March patch” are otherwise they are going to be covered in the next SOTG, because as you know Anet will not talk about it if its not ready, ergo it would be best to encompass as many topics as we can.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Dsquaredcri.9421

Dsquaredcri.9421

Ok got it. Try to get an ETA if #2 is not coming in march.

Dsquaredcri, necro for Rush team

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Xeph.4513

Ok got it. Try to get an ETA if #2 is not coming in march.

Roger i’ll try my best, can’t make promises though :<

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Questions about the custom arena’s:

1. Will custom arena’s allow modification of scoring or will nodes, kills and second objectives always give the same points?

2.Will timers be subject to modification. Eg. Spawn timers, boss respawn, orb respawn, orb delay of game reset, map change?

3.Can a player modify the server on the fly while inside the server? Eg. change maps on demand or turn off auto-balance

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

1. How A-Net plans to make PvP rewarding again and get the competition back? (No gems, no QP, no visible ladder/rating etc.)

2. What will happen with the earned QP’s?

3. How A-Net wants to get out of the actual bunker-Meta?

Read It Backwards [BooN]

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Axis.1085

Axis.1085

Hi Xeph!

I just want to wish you good luck and dont be afraid to ask difficult questions. Be constructive and give honest feedback on the state of the PvP game. I know this is subjective, but you have lots off experiance from high end PvP so use it to somthing good. Come with suggestions on how the PvP can be improved.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

1. What about combat itself? What might have looked fine on paper 6 months ago, may be too strong now that players have learned to exploit it? Quickness (I have explained before how quickness is way more effective than it should be due to reaction times), AoE (barely anybody goes for finishes anymore, as it’s much more convenient and effective to just drop AoE on the downed player and kill their team in the process), Ress utilities (these have emerged due to how potent AoE is and how gameplay revolves more around managing down state than anything else currently)

2. Burst and bunker builds: Both ends of the spectrum require tuning. It’s not unusual for players to drop in a single second, just like it is possible for the same player to last 30+ seconds because of their sustain and a lucky dodge. This makes combat feel very random

3. What are your plans on improving statistics? Combat logs, death breakdown, damage done/received, healing produced/received. Anything that actually gives players and teams the means to understand what they need to improve on and why they are winning/losing against other teams

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Axis.1085

Axis.1085

one other thing… I feel that in the discussions before people used much time trying to ask “when” and Anet aswering “when its ready”. Focus on the quality in the discussions… talk about the state of the game, what need improvements and how this can be solved.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

- More stats in game visible for every one – When match ends I want see who was best in kills, capturing ect.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

1. Build diversity and variety and direct counters to all viable builds other than being a bunker. Is this possible for the balance designers to manage? Are we ever going to see more than 1 or 2 viable builds for some classes?

2. Visible rating. Speaks for itself.

3. Ladder/Leaderboards. When are we seeing these features?

4. Custom Arenas. I would assume this is coming with this March patch. So I guess.

I personally am looking more forward to Ladder/Leaderboards, and would like build diversity.

EDIT: Thank you Xeph, again for making another community building thread.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

(edited by EoNxBoNx.9213)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Tarisuca.3142

Tarisuca.3142

1. How many Devs are actually playing GW2 sPvP?

2. Are there going to be new skills and traits in the new add-on and how are these going to be balanced for sPvP.

3. Why are there no rewards for playing sPvP? That is why 99% of the community does not bother to play sPvP at all.

GW1: Tarisuka The Monk, GW2: Warmonk Tarisuca
Get Ready Save Glory Boost [GrDy] RiP

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

1- game modes
2-orb in spirits has issues
3-class balance
4.better rewards that are based off your rating
5-and has Anet every thought of making spvp more profitable by marketing more towards pvp’ers like more skins/cosmetics or bringing Zaishen keys back or best of all selling templates! or community made content.

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

(edited by Kline.9561)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

1. When will we see more viable builds for each profession?
2. Are they putting in some better rewards so that atleast we have something to play for. The competitive teams right now have nothing to play for and the situation is actualy much worse than when we had 3 round paids apart from the ques…
Plz ask something about this because competitive scene is nonexisten right now and i think its because we no longer have a format thats there for the top teams (i mostly just soloque right now), it could be solved by having daily/weekly tournaments or something….
3. Do we actually have servers in EU or are they all located in USA, and if so why not just join NA and EU sPvP. (im judging this from the pinging and latency…)

aka Subl

(edited by guza.6170)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: prozon.3561

prozon.3561

1. any new battle modes on march?
2. Are they giving us a kind of ladder, Teams need something so measure them!?
3. explain why 1 round players get better rewards than 3 round’s?

www.twitch.tv/mufasapk

(edited by prozon.3561)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

1. Invulnerability stomping (mist form, etc). Intended or not? Why does invuln make you unable to cap a point or channel a commune buff, but you can invuln to stomp?

2. Ride the Lightning vs any other forward-dash in the game (Warrior’s Rush, etc). Intended to be immune to slows or not? Why aren’t similar skills on other classes immune to slows?
————2A) Should Warriors have more access to slow-cleansing (cripple, chill)?

3. Asura particle effects and animations. In PvP, size matters. Difficult to see condition particles like the purple chains from immobilize on Asuras, or the swirling stun particle on Asuras. Anything being done about making condition effects more visible on Asuras?

Please, please, PLEASE be assertive when chatting with the devs. They tend to ramble and go off-topic. Interrupt them. Be rude. Ask your questions, and make sure they answer them. It’s okay to be assertive. The devs even let you guys know “Tell us to shut up” if you have to. They’re getting paid for every minute they’re talking to you anyways, so don’t give a c rap. Cut them off mid-sentence and steer them back on track.

Be a good “journalist” by challenging the devs. Force them to think deeply on your questions and give genuine answers. Don’t let them go into what I call, the automation mode where they spit out a pre-recorded answer with no thought behind it. Don’t be friendly with them. Be decisive and assertive with them.

(edited by zone.1073)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: luxen.8376

luxen.8376

1) How about merging EU and NA together because of the lack of people both regions experience at the moment and with that providing a world “rank” and not two sepparate.

2) Remake rewards so there’s actually a point in playing PvP in this game. Before we had 3 round paids which people would come to play just those even if it was during 3-4 hours everyday.

3) Possibility of introducing a daily 16 team, 4 round tournament with Temple of the Silent Storm in the map rotation. Even if it only opens once a day, it’ll be worth it and bring more people into it (expecting decent rewards like old 3 round paids).

Luxen – Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

1) When will we have the ladders
2) When will we have the custom arenas
3) When will we have spectator mode

Up Rerroll

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: GodoPiuIo.9785

GodoPiuIo.9785

1) back gems in tournament and reset QP every 1 or 2 mouth. at end a SPECIAL set that no1 can take/crafting. first 5 team.

there is no point on joining spvp atm.

2) – make only 8 teams match tournament with 3 randoms map that players dunno till they join the match, (eccept capricorn). dunno if is possible.

3) Nerf ele, buff engi/warriors.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

1. Build diversity within the meta – More viable Guardian builds (like conditions for damage, getting rid of all the gain 3s of Retaliation traits), bunker meta is boring.

2. Elementalist still seems to sustain and survive for too long on the D/D set as a damage spec. Excellent staying power 1v1 vs anything, 1v2 vs most.

3. How are they planning on bringing the community numbers back, and keeping the numbers at a much healthier level long term. (Keeping an influx of players to negate the people that naturally take a break now and then.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Dejw.5164

Dejw.5164

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

1. When are they actually going to make PvP rewards appealing for PvE players, in order to increase PvP population size FROM WITHIN, without the needs to do an outreach program ? ( something that could be done later, if PvP starts to get better)

2. What are their plans to increase build diversity and fix/rehaul useless traits/skills/weapons ? ( that for almost all classes are MORE than viable stuff, reason why there are so few viable builds per class).

If it’s so difficult, in order to preserve PvE balance, when are they effectively going to split PvE and PvP skills/traits ?

3. How are they going to fix the tournament system in order to avoid the pre-made vs pugs issues, the 4vs5 issue and when are they planning to make rating visible ? ( the last one goes side by side with question 1, lacks of incentives to play PvP).

I would like to emphatize what defektive already said.

Please, please, PLEASE be assertive when chatting with the devs. They tend to ramble and go off-topic. Interrupt them. Be rude. Ask your questions, and make sure they answer them. It’s okay to be assertive. The devs even let you guys know “Tell us to shut up” if you have to. They’re getting paid for every minute they’re talking to you anyways, so don’t give a c rap. Cut them off mid-sentence and steer them back on track.
Be a good “journalist” by challenging the devs. Force them to think deeply on your questions and give genuine answers. Don’t let them go into what I call, the automation mode where they spit out a pre-recorded answer with no thought behind it. Don’t be friendly with them. Be decisive and assertive with them.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Nice idea.

My points:

1. competitive scene: ladder, better pvp reward, qualifying tournament, observer mode

2. pvp structure: rework hot join, solo/duo queue 1vs1, team premade queue 1vs1, weekly/montly tournament, better ingame tools to make/look for a party

3. balancing: soften burst damage (expecially d/d haste thief) / bunker resistence

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Also, very important one:

-When will we have a random map rotation? Instead of 1 map whole week?

Up Rerroll

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: kaplis.7195

kaplis.7195

Ask about timewarp.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

1. How are you going to make it easier to progress in skill (from hotjoin zero to tourney hero)?’

2. Why are you so afraid to balance the game?

3. Why haven’t you created more viable builds (see: previous question)?

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

1. Has Anet hired more developers since some of them have left for other established esport games?

2. When is the PTR server gonna be available for all players so that the whole community can help you to improve this game?

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

the usual things

1) Are you going to implement solo/duo que and full team que (instead of 1 round and 3 round tournies)? If yes, when?
2) When are the public ladders going to be released?

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Cunning.7946

Cunning.7946

1. Why aren’t you more open about upcoming updates? The community was forced to speculate and argue among themselves about what would and wouldn’t be in the Feb update. Many people were disappointed because they were expecting more for pvp.
2. Why will the ladder only show the top 100 players when it’s introduced?
3. Are there plans by ArenaNet to put more resources into spvp in order to speed up development?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Great thread guys. Some awesome questions/ideas on here.

I’ve already read up to this point, so I’ll check back tomorrow to see what new stuff has come up.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

1, The new map was great. Are there any plans to change the secondary objectives of the old maps to make them more significant, as this would promote exciting comebacks and more dynamic combat all over the map.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

1. new skins added to rewards such as high end exotics like volcanus, foefire’s essence, mist weaps (we are after all fighting in the heart of the mists) and T3 cultral armor

im only rank 20 and im geared out on 4 toons with arah ac and a bunch of other armor/weap sets

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

1. Rtl must drop orb as it’s pretty ridiculous
2. Bunkers are unphased by conditions, especially eles. Cond builds must hard counter bunkers. Nerf cond cleansing.
3. 8 team tourneys aren’t working out. Should always be 1 round, make 8 team a weekly/monthly thing with greater rewards

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

1) can we start being more transparent since your lack of it thus far has been crushing to the game’s success.
2) Since paid gear is a joke now , can we get new gear that is MMR tier based? Copper, silver, gold MMR tiers get that unique gear respectively.
3) what are you actively doing to ensure 4v5 matches don’t occur?

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Also can the guests do most of the talking this time and not the host? Sorry Grouch, just being real.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Nord.5360

Nord.5360

Also can the guests do most of the talking this time and not the host? Sorry Grouch, just being real.

It’s an open forum. Guests are encouraged to chime in whenever. =)

Grouch