sPvP Fractals path!

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: YoshiBomb.3495

YoshiBomb.3495

I think it would be great if we had a fractals path in spvp, like we do for other dungeons. We get few fractal relics as it is, and spvp is a decent way to multi task because it currently rewards 200 tokens of the dungeon path you are currently on by the time its completed.

what do you guys think?

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

The game lacks enough endgame PvE content as it is. We certainly don’t need fractal rewards added to the other parts of the game.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: Aven.9156

Aven.9156

I don’t think so. Fractals unlike other dungeons were the one thing which separated the stronger and weaker people. They were meant to be harder than dungeons, more demanding. Fractal weapons were really unique and often took a lot of time and many runs to get them. Why should other people get them just by playing sPvP when on reward tracks it doesn’t matter if you win or loose a match cause either way you progress on your track, only a bit slower.

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

No thank you. Instead keep fractals how they are, with rewards specific to it and then make more spvp specific rewards.

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

Honestly adding the dungeon tracks already gives out too many tomes of knowledge and what not. If another fractals track is added and a fractal capacitor is the final reward, I can’t imagine how many pve players that would upset.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Honestly adding the dungeon tracks already gives out too many tomes of knowledge and what not. If another fractals track is added and a fractal capacitor is the final reward, I can’t imagine how many pve players that would upset.

Can’t imagine that everyone is against letting PvPers having some good reward at least. Pvers can be upset by PvP having finally some decent reward, but PvPers cannot be upset with absolutely 0 reward after nearly two years?
Every idea gets rejected, PvE is not special by the way. Grinding there works really good. FOTM weapons do not directly mean you’re an high-end pver. Just lucky having it dropped from a chest, I guess.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

I don’t think so. Fractals unlike other dungeons were the one thing which separated the stronger and weaker people. They were meant to be harder than dungeons, more demanding. Fractal weapons were really unique and often took a lot of time and many runs to get them.

But isn’t the drop of fractal skins also pure luck?
What has luck to do with skill?

Why should other people get them just by playing sPvP when on reward tracks it doesn’t matter if you win or loose a match cause either way you progress on your track, only a bit slower.

The funny thing is, a lot of pvp players were thinking the same way about PvE players being able to use their PvE skins in PvP.

However, I think as a compensation, there should be also a more confident PvE way to get fractal weapons. I don’t want that pve players are “forced” into PvP, just because there are fotm skins.

When ANet united PvE and PvP skin, it was a compromise for both sides, but atm, PvE players have seen much more advantage of this, than PvP players have seen.
All PvP players want, is some own ways to get those skins, every PvE player is allowed to wear in PvP, too.

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Why are people begging anet to rehash content? This is sad. The thread title should read “PLS ANET MAKE NEW CONTENT FOR PVP PATH”

Anyways this wont happen, unless the last chest only has ~25% chance at a random wep.

I like PvP a lot more than PvE, but the amount of time and luck required to obtain a fractal skin compared to the other dungeon is astronomically higher.

For those who don’t do fractals, after you have done it 50 times… you can spend ~1h30m 3 times a day doing them for a 5-10% to get a skin each time. So after you put in your ~75 hours prereq you spend ~30-40 hours to get a random skin. Now compare that to doing 5 runs of any other dungeon, and you get to choose what skin you want lol.

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

Now compare it to PvP, where your skill can completly be neutralized by an oppsing team with more skill.
PvP is not like fractals, where you can choose the difficulty you want to play on. Not to mention that with good MM, every match will demand everything from you in order to win.
And have I already mentioned, that the rewards you get in the end are poor and the chance to get a fractal skin in the end is atm 0%?

Or compare it to the region tracks. For unlocking the Orrian patch, you have to go through all other region pathes.
Those are 4*8 tiers ~120 TeamQ WINS.
Than you still have to do the Orrian track (another ~35 TeamQ wins) and in the end, you get a skin, which is worth ~10 silver.

(edited by EverythingEnds.4261)

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Please for the love of grenth no more pve to pvp. It’s already living hell getting spammed 5 times worse by gold selling bots. Don’t need more incentive for them to invade this mists more

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Quincy.2198

Also, if we must be united, why can one side obtain everything relatively easy… And the other side has to do alot of work…. I don’t think this is fair. PvP didnt get a single reward for all the time they sticked to PvP.. Pvers enjoying their legendaries in PvP, we have to do tons of more work before we finally can get them than PvErs, because we havent been in pve.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

If you want fractal weapons, you should have to play fractals imo. Same for things like super adventure box skins (first skin generation being an exception) etc. There are also armor skins that were/are limited to pvp players e.g. stalwart shoulders (medium armor).
While those skins do not represent “skill”, they show that you have successfully played the related content at least a couple of times and they help to encourage players to play that content. Nonetheless I agree that there should be a less random way to obtain fractal weapons but it should be related to fractals and not to anything else.

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Quincy.2198

If you want fractal weapons, you should have to play fractals imo. Same for things like super adventure box skins (first skin generation being an exception) etc. There are also armor skins that were/are limited to pvp players e.g. stalwart shoulders (medium armor).
While those skins do not represent “skill”, they show that you have successfully played the related content at least a couple of times and they help to encourage players to play that content. Nonetheless I agree that there should be a less random way to obtain fractal weapons but it should be related to fractals and not to anything else.

I fully agree with the time you spent in FOTM and letting the weapon show your experience.. But we should be able to get things by the way we like to play.. PvErs can walk so easy in and out of PvP with their shinies..

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

There definitely should be a fractal track. However, it can’t reward everything that can drop in fractals.

Suggested Fractals PvP Track Item List
Fractal Relic currency: yes
Pristine Fractal Relic (used for normal rings): yes in limited number
+1 Agony Resist Infusion: yes
Vial of Condensed Mist Essence: yes
Glob of Coagulated Mist Essence: maybe
Shard of Crystalized Mist Essence: no (can be crafted from the previous two)
Chance at Ascended Ring: maybe
Chance at Infused Ring: no
Fractal Weapon Skin: no
Chance at Ascended Armor or Weapon Box: yes (just like champion loot has a small chance)

Basically, make the track reward things from 1 to 19 fractals, but not anything from higher fractals. If you want extra rewards or really good stuff, you have to actually do the dungeon.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Regarding how bad rewards are in fractals, can’t imagine how bad they would be in a fractal path lol …
Well, actually, it might be better since you have more chance to get ascended weapons/armor in PvP reward tracks than in fractals, ironic isn’kitten
Yet it’s truth : go PvP to have stuff for PvE ….

And to answer to suggestion : nop, don’t, fractals are supposed to be unique and difficult and """""""rewarding"""""""""" high end content.

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

Before the patch, every PvP armor and Weapon did represent somehow what you have successfully played.
This got completly deleted on april 15th.
E.g.:
CoF armor & Whisperers Armor were only obtainable via reaching rank 50 in PvP.
While in PvE, CoF is the easiest dungeon and Whisperers Armor can simply be bought with gold. They showed, how far you got in sPvP.
Actually, I think it was some kind indentical with the fractal skins. Only players who out effort into sPvP were able to get those skins. Now, everybody can get his skins via PvE and jump with them into PvP.

You guys have to realize, that the issues, which are bothering you when PvP players ask for FOTM skin, are the same, which exist for PvP players, when PvEers were allowed to bring their skins into the mists.
But since this is now possible, there is no reason to keep it up with holding skins PvE exclusive.

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

I don’t see pve’ers complaining about pvp’ers running around with arah weapons and armor, which were extremely easy to obtain in pvp while being part of the more difficult content of pve.
What about firebringer, infinite light/runic blade, dwayna long and short bow? You should look at both sides of the coin, not only at one.

Also: If I want a shark/phoenix/dragon etc. finisher I have to play pvp, if I want certain armor skins (e.g. stalwart medium shoulders) I have to play pvp, if I want a tequatl weapon skin I have to kill tequatl, if I want a costume I have to buy it at the gemshop, so why should I not have to play fractals if I want a fractal weapon skin?
Some things are simply bound to specific content.

On a side note: Fractal skins could be used in PvP before the wardrobe and reward track update and the only thing the update changed is that weapons acquired before the great fractal update are affected as well now.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: Silvanus.5821

Silvanus.5821

1. Add fractals path containing all the rewards from the PvE fractals
2. Make it available to only high-ranked players (50/60+)
3. Problem solved

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

It would be funny if PvP got a good fractal reward system before fractals did.

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

and give PvP finishers dropping from fotm 50 chest in PvE…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

I don’t see pve’ers complaining about pvp’ers running around with arah weapons and armor, which were extremely easy to obtain in pvp while being part of the more difficult content of pve.
What about firebringer, infinite light/runic blade, dwayna long and short bow? You should look at both sides of the coin, not only at one.

There’s a difference between “being easy / hard” to obtain and “not obtainable at all”.
Not to mention that:
Firebringer required you to get rank 40
runic blade required you to get rank 70 , or later to be lucky with the cultural armors.
dwayna bows were rare procs from tournament chests.

if I want certain armor skins (e.g. stalwart medium shoulders) I have to play pvp

Oh, great that you mention it. Those skins now aren’t obtainable anymore. That’s the whole glory of the new pvp rewards. A drastical reduction in obtainable skins via pvp!
In general, all this stuff you just listed up now isnt obtainable anymore via PvP. All of those PvP ways to get those skins are gone.
Making a PvE analogy: Imagine, if on April 15th, they would have removed the Mystic Forge, so nobody would be anymore able to craft items created by it. Wouldn’t have felt good.

Also: If I want a shark/phoenix/dragon etc. finisher I have to play pvp

The finishers only (don’t come with those few NPCs you can stomp…) have use in PvP or WvW, there’s simply no point of making them available via PvE.

On a side note: Fractal skins could be used in PvP before the wardrobe and reward track update and the only thing the update changed is that weapons acquired before the great fractal update are affected as well now.

I’m 99-100% sure, you couldn’t use fractal skins in pvp, bevore the wardrobe. The PvP locker didn’t even have a slot for those weapons.

And finally again:
I don’t have any problems if they also would add a more reliable PvE way to get FOTM skins.

sPvP Fractals path!

in PvP

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

1. Add fractals path containing all the rewards from the PvE fractals
2. Make it available to only high-ranked players (50/60+)
3. Problem solved

Hardly. Especially not considering the horrid RNG for fractal weapons (people who do fractals every day don’t even have a “path” to earn those weapons.) And rank farmers.

Keep specific rewards to specific content.

Make specific, unique PvP rewards only available through PvP, possibly even only through solo and team queue as well to separate hotjoin.