SPVP free for all?

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

There is a big spoiler from IGN on reddit about one of the new anet announcements for saturday, basically Core Game Free for all.

Ofc it’s not confirmed and tweet was deleted, i’m pretty curious about how they will handle spvp daily and other limitations with free account.

Thoughts about?

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

link it.. if its on reddit.. it must be true.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

philheat.3956

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Darn, I thought you were going to say that HoTM was going to turn into a free for all open PvP area. Like a Battle Royal.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

A free core game would first of mean a bigger player base (only time will show how much it will grow tho). This is definitely the most most important thing we currently need (on second place is the upcoming league system).

Possible problems:

• Using multiple accounts just for the daily login reward to make money. (general problem, not pvp specific).
  • Bigger community means more toxicity. Banned for a few hours on one account? Well, let’s just play on my second! (I hope ArenaNet will handle that.)

Question for the community:
How do you think, those f2p-players will feel about being locked out of playing parts of the profession (specifically the elite-specializations)? Should there be a system in place, that they can unlock the elite-specializations through gems (and therefore through ingame currency gold)?

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

philheat.3956

Yeah, in general I think it’s a nice boost but probably some limitations are required on free accounts.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Gw2 F2P + PvP?

Looks like we’ll get more CeleDDeles soon.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Well, it would also explain why they made ranked arena locked til rank 20. If people got banned (I’m hoping Anet will pay a lot more attention to reports if they go F2P), they wouldn’t be able to just roll a new account and troll in ranked right away.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Vieux P.1238

I agree with what some of you are saying. It will mean a boost in gamers coming over to try it. Even buying the expansion in some part. But the real issue is,… will the core game it’self will keep does new & fresh players interested? This is not a guaranty.

I do believe that Gw2 & HoT will have for the next 6 month a increase in population but will steadily back down to about same or a bit above numbers of what we have now. Unless they come up with what they promised for so long. This game is not dead, far from it. But it has it’s issues. & that’s the core of it’s population problem.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

philheat.3956

I think for example that reporting system should be improved with a similar step.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Tao.1234

I agree with what some of you are saying. It will mean a boost in gamers coming over to try it. Even buying the expansion in some part. But the real issue is,… will the core game it’self will keep does new & fresh players interested? This is not a guaranty.

I do believe that Gw2 & HoT will have for the next 6 month a increase in population but will steadily back down to about same or a bit above numbers of what we have now. Unless they come up with what they promised for so long. This game is not dead, far from it. But it has it’s issues to the core of it’s problem.

I don’t think they’ll stay for long when they’ll see how kitten balance is and how Anet does it.

Murican law 2015.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I cant w8 for all these teleporting cheaters running around which you can meet in wvw already… Fun times coming im telling ya guys ;/

At this point i hope they will be banning IP.

obey me

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

philheat.3956

I wanted to underline the spvp side but the entire core game will be free, not only spvp.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Vieux P.1238

I do believe that Gw2 & HoT will have for the next 6 month a increase in population but will steadily back down to about same or a bit above numbers of what we have now. Unless they come up with what they promised for so long. This game is not dead, far from it. But it has it’s issues to the core of it’s problem.

I don’t think they’ll stay for long when they’ll see how kitten balance is and how Anet does it.

The balance is not the main problem in this game. All games have balance issues. There’s many issues that needs to be resolved. but 1 of the first is the game mechanic that keeps gamers addicted & interested. witch has not bin accomplish yet. Only the most loyal & hardcore base players comes online to play…. such as myself. But the game it self lack lusters in so many ways. The attempts & effort from the devs are remarkable. But the delivery of story line & patches was a miss on most part. Not saying the story was not good. Just the way it was told that could of bin better.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Tao.1234

The balance is not the main problem in this game. All games have balance issues. There’s many issues that needs to be resolved. but 1 of the first is the game mechanic that keeps gamers addicted & interested. witch has not bin accomplish yet. Only the most loyal & hardcore base players comes online to play…. such as myself. But the game it self lack lusters in so many ways. The attempts & effort from the devs are remarkable. But the delivery of story line & patches was a miss on most part. Not saying the story was not good. Just the way it was told that could of bin better.

By balance, I mean pvp of course.
With every balance patch – approx 6 months, it’s getting worse and worse and worse.
With each balance couple of builds across all classes die.
And one is buffed up – dd ele.

I have no problem with DD ele as a spec – it’s really nice, showy and something that stands out across all Wizards, Magicans, Force Masters or w/e they’re called.

There were many good suggestions for balancing – and loads of utter garbage.

Still, things look as they do – pvp is losing it’s players(I personally stopped doing Ranked which was the only mode I did). WvW is affected by those changes as well, and became bad as well.

As game itself is a piece of art, unfortunately I’m unable to say a good thing about developers in charge of balance and classes.
And so I can’t say a good thing about Anet itself, seeing how it’s neglecting customers and playerbase, by ignoring and refusing to communicate.

Murican law 2015.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

Only 1 or 2 chararcter slots and no chance to expand slots unless you full upgrade? What other restrictions could be

http://i.imgur.com/lW5aT4X.jpg

Attachments:

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Only 1 or 2 chararcter slots and no chance to expand slots unless you full upgrade? What other restrictions could be

http://i.imgur.com/lW5aT4X.jpg

[Quote]Possibly relevant (Trial account strings from /u/that_shaman1 data-mining from LS2):
http://thatshaman.blogspot.com/2014/07/upcoming-features-from-entanglement.html2
Possibilities (gathered from the strings, obviously could have changed since):
Only one or two character slots
Limit of level 15, Seems like a limit on how high a “rank” you can get (specific to trial or possibly PvP related)
Only able to send mail to friends.
Can’t send items or gold through mail
Can’t speak in map chat
Can’t access Team Arenas
Can’t access main WvW maps (EB and Borderlands)
Can’t sell items on TP.
[/quote]

From dat_shamam

So nothing changes or maybe just unranked.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Teutos.8620

Limit of level 15, Seems like a limit on how high a “rank” you can get (specific to trial or
[..]
So nothing changes or maybe just unranked.

Even if new players can just test out unranked pvp, it might help a lot to increase the population!

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

And this will be another bad reason they will claim for why they do not need to let us queue out of HotM again. “Look at how many people are there now!!!1”

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The balance is not the main problem in this game. All games have balance issues.

Actually balance is the most important thing for an esport type game. IMHO anet underrates its importance.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

philheat.3956

And this will be another bad reason they will claim for why they do not need to let us queue out of HotM again. “Look at how many people are there now!!!1”

Don’t think new people will be really happy to be stuck in the hotm during the queue.

Honestly is a terrible first impact, you are a new player, you want to discover things….and simply you can’t, stay in the mist for X minutes doing nothing.

It’s very limited.

“what a boring pvp, just /leave”

Anet removed practice button (and i think is a good idea) so unranked will be the first step to understand and play a conquest/stronghold match for new players.

And the queue time in the old hotm is really a bad card.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

A free core game would first of mean a bigger player base (only time will show how much it will grow tho). This is definitely the most most important thing we currently need (on second place is the upcoming league system).

Possible problems:

• Using multiple accounts just for the daily login reward to make money. (general problem, not pvp specific).
  • Bigger community means more toxicity. Banned for a few hours on one account? Well, let’s just play on my second! (I hope ArenaNet will handle that.)

Question for the community:
How do you think, those f2p-players will feel about being locked out of playing parts of the profession (specifically the elite-specializations)? Should there be a system in place, that they can unlock the elite-specializations through gems (and therefore through ingame currency gold)?

They’ll probably put HoT in the BL like they did with the deluxe edition of the base game, so it should technically be available for gold as well.

Are you suggesting that the elite-specs should be sold a la carte? I wouldn’t buy something like that if I were new to the game (I’d just spring for the package deal), but there’s ALWAYS people who prefer having the option to focus on one class…

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

PvP needs this badly

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Vieux P.1238

The balance is not the main problem in this game. All games have balance issues.

Actually balance is the most important thing for an esport type game. IMHO anet underrates its importance.

Yeah, sure, i agree… but Gw2 spvp is not that significant to be Esport. Or else it would have some major League of Legends or Dota type viewers & numbers. Gw2 is way not there yet.

(edited by Vieux P.1238)

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Did someone spoil the soup? I thought were still in development.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Based on the data mining info, the whole thing looks like more of a permanent free trial as opposed to a genuine F2P conversion. The limitations on free accounts appear to be strident enough that, if you like what you see, you’ll need to go for the full game anyway. This is good news – a permanent free trial, in my opinion, is something Anet should have done a long time ago.

Ranked sPvP queues will be safe since the rank cap is 20, which free accounts can’t exceed. Unranked will be a cesspool of qq, though, if starting MMR is not adjusted waaaay down for free accounts.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: SnowCow.5914

SnowCow.5914

Fix pvp first before making this free to play, or you guys are gonna have a bad impression on pvp… AGAIN!

Can’t win team fight’s without me; can’t hold points without me. #BunkerGuardLife
Teszla

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

sPvP is the one area in the game that might actually gain something from f2p with few ill effects. PvE doesnt need it and WvW would probably get choked by it (so many spies).

Well except that you would be bombarded by a million gold sellers as soon as you enter the mists.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Well except that you would be bombarded by a million gold sellers as soon as you enter the mists.

Free accounts can’t use map chat nor can they send tells to anyone not on their friends list. They can spam /say of course, but that’s pretty inefficient. Free accounts also can’t send gold via mail nor use the trading post.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Tao.1234

sPvP is the one area in the game that might actually gain something from f2p with few ill effects. PvE doesnt need it and WvW would probably get choked by it (so many spies).

Yeah, Gold sellers who write stuff like:
-Sorry for bothering you but, would you like to buy gold? Visit us at blablabla.com

For sure, politeness is different than in other games lol.

Murican law 2015.

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

-Sorry for bothering you but, would you like to buy gold? Visit us at blablabla.com

Hmm, not enough errors in your English to make it believable. It’s more like “dear sirs, plz buy golds pls. Trust sellers five starz many honesty and happy customer”

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Teutos.8620

No, by far not.

The most popular esports title are taking care of the balance with the pick&ban phase. There, it is not so much of a problem how a certain hero/god performs.

The game is already balanced in the kind a esports game needs. Everyone has already the same start requirements. Every team has the option to play a 4 ele 1 thief composition, but well, we are playing a rpg, and we all love our own profession. Our professions should be viable regardless of team composition, regardless how I play my profession and regardless of what the opponent picks…

SPVP free for all?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Hmm, not enough errors in your English to make it believable. It’s more like “dear sirs, plz buy golds pls. Trust sellers five starz many honesty and happy customer”

LMFAO! xD!