SPvP needs a real game impact.

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

SPvP needs to have some impact on your real-game character. Whether this is some way to gain gold, dailies giving laurels, or perhaps even some form of experience gain. There is no real motivation for people to SPvP besides to further increase their SPvP toon, which while it’s the same character, is left completely separate for some reason.

in PvP

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

Only by joining Mists, seeing the horrid pvp starter gear… it puts me off before i even start.

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

in PvP

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

I don’t sPvP at all, and never will. I use the mists to preview armor and TP to LA.
As long as any rewards were in-line with the PvE content, I’d have no problem with sPvP stuff receiving PvE rewards.
Naturally, somewhat less as sPvP doesn’t have to worry about equipment costs, but if sPvPers also PvE then I’ve no problem with their time spent being rewarded.

in PvP

No Walking.6349

I don’t want SPvP to give any PvE rewards like gear….things like Laurels from dailies, money, or xp would be perfect though.

in PvP

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Laurels don’t give anything used in spvp, if you want pve stuff do pve :p I don’t complain that I can’t use my fancy looking pve gear in spvp…

@No Walking : laurels reward gear.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

PvP is separate yet parallel to the pve game by design. I think this is good. It would be nice to have something shared between the two… but I can’t think of anything. What use is laurels to a pvp player? What use is exp to a pvp player? Best you can do is titles and achievement points.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

PvP is separate yet parallel to the pve game by design. I think this is good. It would be nice to have something shared between the two… but I can’t think of anything. What use is laurels to a pvp player? What use is exp to a pvp player? Best you can do is titles and achievement points.

Laurels do provide blueprints

If we take the game and break it down into 3 parts PvE WvW Spvp, both overlap with WvW. Seems to be the most logical place to provide rewards is in the WvW department.

What i would like to see at least in the short term is providing armor skins for each 10 ranks of glorly that can be used for pve armor(no stats just skins). However with at some point there is suppose to be a starcraft league esc system there could be items given by holding a certain rank.

Really i think the best place to expand spvp rewards is to have them go to wvw with blueprints and such. Spvp is just missing a lot in general.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

in PvP

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Warruz, you don’t use blueprints in spvp, wvw follows pve rules and gear. spvp has no overlap with wvw.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in PvP

No Walking.6349

You seriously think that anyone would gear up for dungeons using just laurels from SPvP…..no. Laurels are used for vanity items as well. Give SPvP players XP and Gold!

in PvP

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

Give SPvP players XP and Gold!

I agree.

You get it from exploring, PvE and WvW. Why not sPvP?

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

in PvP

Warruz.8096

Warruz, you don’t use blueprints in spvp, wvw follows pve rules and gear. spvp has no overlap with wvw.

Im well aware, the point of this post was someone said Spvp needs some value outside of Spvp.

Someone then suggested providing laurels and ask what use would it be for a PVP players, well WvW is form a pvp so its an area to explore.

Like i said the game has 3 areas PvE, WvW, Spvp . Pve and Spvp are the extremes of the spectrum while WvW is a mix of both. Its not that they overlap in terms of gear/ progression or anything but in terms of gameplay. If Spvp is to provide things outside of it self it seems like the most logical place to start would be WvW . Not that it does currently but as to where provide something outside in the future.

in PvP

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

sPvP is not my thing, but for precisely this reason. I tried it many times over the course of a few weeks, and it was fun, but I felt like my game time would be better spent doing PvE because I find it equally enjoyable but can make progress toward something, like new dungeon gear or whatever.
My understanding of sPvP rewards is that the glory you get is limited to use in the mists, and the rewards you get from it are also limited to the mists. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to create an option to use glory to buy PvE exotic gear similar to the gear you get in the Temples of Orr, that can be worn out in the PvE world. I don’t see why a PvE player would object to this, I am a PvE player and I don’t see an issue. In the end, every reward system in the game is trading rewards for your time, ANet has said they want you to be able to get rewards for playing the way you want, so why not have reasonable PvE rewards for sPvP play?

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in PvP

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Good New’s Its being worked on. they talked alot obout it in the GW2 guru state of the game last night

in PvP

Warruz.8096

Good New’s Its being worked on. they talked alot obout it in the GW2 guru state of the game last night

Got specifics cause i watched the first hour of it and it was a good 30 mins of trap rangers and ele and why temple is such a good map. And the other bit was talking about the rating system.

in PvP

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

I wouldn’t mind if sPVP daily and monthly awarded laurels. Dedicated sPVPers who want gold for whatever reason could spend them on crafting material bags or boxes of gear (ectos) to sell. They could add an sPVP page to the laurel vendor with the Arcane materials available. Maybe a Laureate Glory Booster?

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I liked the old HoH system in GW1, we will never see similar to this systems anymore ;_;

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in PvP

Posted by: Sand Beagle.9867

Sand Beagle.9867

Why not something simple like letting pvper’s equip their pvp gear as clothing in pve lands, and let pver’s equip their pve gear as clothing in the mist. That way everyone can look cool and show off their status and it wont impact actual gameplay.

in PvP

No Walking.6349

Why not something simple like letting pvper’s equip their pvp gear as clothing in pve lands, and let pver’s equip their pve gear as clothing in the mist. That way everyone can look cool and show off their status and it wont impact actual gameplay.

I think that’s a terrible idea unless there is some way to make it purely cosmetic. The gear for PvE and SPvP is vastly different in the way it works anyways.

But seriously, all SPvP needs is XP for the toon you’re on, and gold. I’d be happy.

in PvP

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

SPvP needs to have some impact on your real-game character. Whether this is some way to gain gold, dailies giving laurels, or perhaps even some form of experience gain. There is no real motivation for people to SPvP besides to further increase their SPvP toon, which while it’s the same character, is left completely separate for some reason.

I dont really think so. Selling dyes gave me quite some gold, enough to eventually buy another character slot or two, and that and extra bag slot is pretty much all you need if you are an spvp:er =)

in PvP

Posted by: Sand Beagle.9867

Sand Beagle.9867

I think that’s a terrible idea unless there is some way to make it purely cosmetic. The gear for PvE and SPvP is vastly different in the way it works anyways.

But seriously, all SPvP needs is XP for the toon you’re on, and gold. I’d be happy.

I meant allow equipping them as “town clothing,” which would be cosmetic only.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

A reward would be nice. Sadly most of the usual laurel rewards are pve-oriented. Which is perfectly fine for people like me but there are many out there that play pvp exclusively, making that kind of rewards useless.

Maybe new titles to buy from? Or exclusive cosmetic accessories (usable both in pvp and pve) that really stand out in your character’s armor (capes, effects while walking, etc)

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

thats the issue, you’re splitting the game in half, why would a pvper want xp?!
no.
a player wants xp, i’d love it if i could play my chars in pvp and get xp so i can wvw at 80 later on, or get some wvw blueprints with the surplus amounts of glory that i’ve piled up with nothing to spend on.

theres nothing worse than being a bringer of death in spvp and then stepping into wvw as a lv5 scrub to be devoured.

i hate to bring up the wow cliche, but in WoW pvp you get xp so you can enjoy levelling the way you want, hate the 10-30 grind? sure do some pvp, enjoy the 30 instance? sure after the pvp to 30 go instance, not a fan of the 40 content? go pvp!
it makes pvp/pve feel alot less apart.

(edited by Liewec.2896)

in PvP

Posted by: O S I A S.5460

O S I A S.5460

I want to be able to wvw but only have 1 lvl 80 char. Playing one char gets boring. If I could level in spvp for wvw I would be happy. It sucks that I have to grind for so long in PvE to make a build for WvW, when I spvp with these builds every day.

in PvP

Posted by: Aurum.8793

Aurum.8793

I would honestly be happy if the armor we had equipped in the sPvP world was displayed on our characters on the log in screen.

in PvP

Posted by: XerxesBlack.5892

XerxesBlack.5892

I agree with the ability to gain exp in PvP. We can get from 1-80 via crafting, why not PvP? I’m not saying make it quick and easy, but make it a plausible play style for those who don’t want to go grind out the world on a second character just so they can WvW.

I love PvP, but It feels like such a waste of time because I don’t have anything to really work for. It takes too long to level with no real reason to do it.

Beaks N Talons [NERF] – Engineer of the great and mighty Fort Engineer guild!