STOP IGNORING THE FACT THAT WE NEED SOLO QUE

in PvP

Posted by: dannyteo.5864

dannyteo.5864

Go look at the last Post Sunfish made and tell me that this is not pathetic? Even in Emerald I get an average 10-15 minute que. Anet refuses to let us que outside of the mists and refuses to add a solo que option, it amazes me how this expansion is progressively getting worse and worse as the days go by, at least for pvps sake.

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I got an offical word from ArenaNet regarding the serious PvP issues, it says, “eeeespuuurrts!”
There you have it!

in PvP

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

+500000000 this topic, we kittening need it, OPEN YOUR EYES

-Sâmbuca

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

But… but… Grouch and Hugh don’t soloQ!

in PvP

Posted by: dannyteo.5864

dannyteo.5864

Its at a point now where it looks like ANET doesn’t care for the game, the community is screaming and begging for change and we havent heard anything from them other than that a patch will come after season 1…. really?? PVP is an absolute kitten show and you’re going to make us wait until season 1 before we get a patch that will more then likely result in more broken class mechanics.

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Excusez-moi Mademoiselle , but the community whined for about the lopside MMR matches . 3 days ago ….

Congrats …. the system now tries to find ppl between 1800-1700 rating , rrather than the old 1850-1600
= longer ques

So premades have 1 hour que …
….some silly ppl that tanked their MMR for easy wins have to face the same problem ….
and we dont know if Sunfish was playing late-night matches , to farm some easy PiP , while the rest where asleep ….

I will choose every time this system … where i can get the the Backpiece more easily …
Rather in other games , where i must have 1800+ Ratiing + face 24/7 Decay + I MUST CREATE A TEAM

We have soloers who are in 4 Devision (the one needed to create the Backpiece) , and 30-40 ppl on the forums ……
Whos is right ?

If you want Soloqueso badly …. then lets create what other games have created :
1) Soloque dont offer anything , but when teams are looking for new members they will look for top solo players
2) Rewards are locked for the 500 top players , or 1800+ Rating
3) No rewards ….like Unranked ….(what happened to it ?)

in PvP

Posted by: Badfish.9230

Badfish.9230

Stop ignoring the fact that we need Stronghold back.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Please stop ignoring the Caps-Lock-Key, your arguments don’t get better if you write everything capitalized. ;-)

On top of that you are mixing different topics.

Solo- Queue
There are many arguments for and against it so this is a complicated topic.

Queueing outside of the mists
I can’t see many reasons why we have to sit and wait there. So please change it.

in PvP

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Stop ignoring the fact that we need balanced classes/builds, so we will be fine fighting versus organized teams as solo players.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

This.

Also, let us fracking play the game again while waiting for a queue pop.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Go look at the last Post Sunfish made and tell me that this is not pathetic? Even in Emerald I get an average 10-15 minute que. Anet refuses to let us que outside of the mists and refuses to add a solo que option, it amazes me how this expansion is progressively getting worse and worse as the days go by, at least for pvps
sake.

Say it with me.

They. Don’t. Care. About. PvP.

They are about marketing the PvP aspect of the game and working it as a “brand” in terms of getting it out there for ESL Pro play, etc… But they don’t care about the balance overall, etc.. Pick any PvP game played at ESL level and you will find the basics covered. Solo vs Team queue, ability to spectate past matches, balance that provides viable play options instead of a handful of meta builds resulting in the purposeful unbalance designed to make players buy the HoT

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

who cares we need to be esports they will end having just players from esl playing the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

who cares we need to be esports they will end having just players from esl playing the game.

They should disable PvP and let people PvP only in Pro League!

in PvP

vlad.4871

They should disable PvP and let people PvP only in Pro League!

LOVE YOU MATE!
Also you should be apple to que only if you play revenant and bunker mesmer.

(edited by vlad.4871)

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I like soloQ better since you can read the map and use your feel to be a gamechanging capper and dueling on points feels fairer whereas premades on teamspeak always seem to be at the right place at the right time knowing just when to interrupt or use certain abilities.

I just wish there wasn’t such a huge disconnect between people who make big money from games and people who play. Even dev blogs could cause radical culture shock with words like, “useless skills” (WoW Cataclysm when transitioning to the inferior MoP system when seeping a little into the other trees actually gave decent QoL improvements after getting a top skill from that tree) or "visual ‘noise’ ", which is more accurately called visual effects since noise has a negative connotation. If a skill has an awesome effect it reinforces how awesome we are.

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Go look at the last Post Sunfish made and tell me that this is not pathetic? Even in Emerald I get an average 10-15 minute que. Anet refuses to let us que outside of the mists and refuses to add a solo que option, it amazes me how this expansion is progressively getting worse and worse as the days go by, at least for pvps
sake.

Say it with me.

They are about marketing the PvP aspect of the game and working it as a “brand” in terms of getting it out there for ESL Pro play, etc… But they don’t care about the balance overall, etc.. Pick any PvP game played at ESL level and you will find the basics covered. Solo vs Team queue, ability to spectate past matches, balance that provides viable play options instead of a handful of meta builds resulting in the purposeful unbalance designed to make players buy the HoT

All good ESPORT games have soloQ – DOTA2, CSGO… oh no they dont… LoL does! Oh wait they are changing it there too.

Looks like your argument just imploded!

This game is lacking many of the spectator features like replays and in-game viewing of matches. Balance, however, is no worse than it is in MOBAs. The only reason people dont notice as much about the broken elements of MOBAs is that there is a ban phase for removing the most broken designs AND both teams cant use the same broken heroes so you HAVE to dig down into the fair ones to win.

in PvP

vlad.4871

they don t add soloque because their esports stars won t have any soloq players to farm.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Maybe Anet needs to poach some talent from Heroes of Newearth? It’s a different genre admittedly but they could probably radically rebalance the classes while keeping the core mechanics and gameplay intact.

Why I bought GW2 years ago is it had WoW like mechanics but with active dodge, so legitimate innovation instead of oversimplified gimmicky gameplay. Simplified, but not oversimplified, on the PvE front you had jumping puzzles that took exploration skills just to find while PvP was scaled so there are no gear and level advantages. WoW obsoleted its own raids years ago with the introduction of PvP stats, no longer did you need to raid for the optimal advantages in PvP. But this created a problem in that to get the PvP gear you need to PvP, meaning you’ll have to queue undergeared and everyone hated it. Exacerbating the problem was the honor cap, which was problematic because if you had 4,000 honor you couldn’t keep playing and fully gear yourself when a major patch or expansion came out, so you had to grind a lot of battlegrounds on the first few days just to stay competitive.

And I didn’t even get to WvW. This system was excellent because it didn’t render PvE pointless, you obtain excellent gear in PvE to give yourself an advantage in WvW, and not just personal skill but group tactics and coordination play a big role. The very concept sounded awesome when I read about it.

The core system is great, but so much on top of that desperately needs fixing.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: blizz.1043

blizz.1043

+10000000000000000000000000000 this post

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

All good ESPORT games have soloQ – DOTA2, CSGO… oh no they dont… LoL does! Oh wait they are changing it there too.

Not really, his argument is fine, your above argument on the other hand…

So let’s start with what should be obvious, though apparently isn’t… those games could have an identical matchmaking / queue system to GW2, yet would still deliver better matchmaking most of the time for the simply reason they all have vastly larger playerbases, LoL for example has 65 million active players per month, which means creating a good match between players within a reasonable queue time is much more likely as you have a much larger pool to select from.

Secondly you have that other games are often stricter about matchmaking than GW2, which, surprise, surprise, results in better matches and less lopsided kitten poor matchups that shouldn’t exist.

Take Dota 2, when you queue ranked the lowest MMR player in the party has to be within a certain amount of the highest (If I remember correctly it is within 2000), so this prevents the sort of idiotic situation you get in GW2 where ESL scrubs queue with one of them on an alt account with a very low MMR to tank their average team MMR down and get them queues against people they should never be put against in any functional system.

Thirdly you have the nature of the game, in MOBAs and FPS you can carry the game much more as a solo (or duo) than you can in GW2, yet GW2 has less stict matchmaking (on top of the effects of a much smaller playerbase) and you are less likely to be well matched up in 5 man vs 5man, 2/3 man vs 2/3 man, full solo vs full solo, etc than these other games.

Fourthly you have the issue and effect of composition, it is a much bigger problem for random groups of players in GW2 than it is in MOBAs or FPS, obviously in CS:GO it is basically a non-issue in comparison, and in MOBAs you pick champs/heros before the game begins so you generally get some sort of reasonable composition, unlike GW2 where you can end up with 3 theives on the same team.

Lastly you have that GW2 makes the disparity between pre-mades and solo queuers even worse because it lacks in game tools that otehr games have to assist communication for non-premades, e.g – in game voice, or an advanced ping/command system.

Hence trying to justify the dynamic queue in GW2 based on DOTA, CS:GO, etc is frankly idiotic.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

sake.

Say it with me.

This game is lacking many of the spectator features like replays and in-game viewing of matches. Balance, however, is no worse than it is in MOBAs. The only reason people dont notice as much about the broken elements of MOBAs is that there is a ban phase for removing the most broken designs AND both teams cant use the same broken heroes so you HAVE to dig down into the fair ones to win.

Huah, should i just explain you why, CSGO and DOTA don’t have soloq ? Because there, your mechanical skill matter, because you can become imba in 25 min time frame to eliminate every enemy on your map. In CSGO it doesn’t even matter you against premade or not, because you have your weapon, you have 2 seconds and you can kill everyone because you are fregging mechanical skilled guy.

In GW2, you have only rotations now, for this you need communication, with out mechanical skill involvement, as everyone playes certain classes, you are not even a game changer in the game against a premade, only in certain situations, when premade is just worse then your pug team, which is not a case in 90 % scenarios.

(edited by Arcade.8901)