Stop this

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

This is seriously getting out of hand with all the OP spikes in PvP.

• Condi mesmers are useless but beyond broken in any 1v1 engagement when “SoloQing” (for so much SOloQ there.. >_> ) and should get a nerf LONG TIME AGO. They even destroy CELE ELES without doing any effort.
  • Cele Eles, like really Anet? Despite Tournaments even FIXING PVP FOR YOU, you do nothing. Im really disappointed in you, close of quitting the game. If you’re going to wait untill HoT release to balance, I’m out to Blade and Soul EU, which is far more balanced for a NEW GAME and atleast aiming to go esports.
  • Cele Signet Necros.. I dont think I need to explain this either..Right?
  • Taunt is beyond broken on Rangers, goes through dodges, EVERYTHING. Still no fix!
  • An example to what was promised us, as thieves, 10% heal increase on Withdraw instead they only gave us a 3s cd increase and no heal increase.. This was 2 months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still no 10% heal increase, a disgrace for no communication around it!
  • Matchmaking is an absolute JOKE. Evan Lesh even quoted himself: "Ranked will always have higher wait times than unranked because it has a smaller population of players. The only way to compensate is to make worse matches. This will be a different story when Leagues start though ". What kind of excuse is this??? Ppl are queue’ing to enjoy! Not to cry over ppl who can’t even understand Conquest and are chasing offpoint like some hotjoin heroes, ending the match in 500-100 or a 4v5. 6mins queue to get together with ppl who dont even get they need to cap instead of winning Mid Fight 24/7?

Get yourself together, despite going f2p, you’ll lose alot of potential ppl with the huge lack of PvP support. Balance every 6 months is a joke.

All you’re doing is throwing sand into people’s eyes with the F2P and HoT hype, so the misery you’re giving us in PvP is forgotten for an hour.

Veteran players like myself are sick of this! Be honest and admit your mistakes and deal with them asap instead of letting the PvP community run empty.

Im even getting toxic myself. Not because of the community, but due your lack of support in PvP

Oh and to top it off, I had new players yesterday in Queue, friends playing together. Wanna know what comp they were running HUH?
See screenshot bellow..

They lost cuz new BUT THIS IS WHAT YOU’RE SUPPORTING AND ENCOURAGING NEW PLAYERS TO PLAY. Be ashamed.

/rant off

Attachments:

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

(edited by Terrorsquad.4802)

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Calm down m8, you’re spilling salt around.

Condi mesmers aren’t that strong in PvP arena – they shine in wvw.
Eles are underpowered and need to be buffed, that’s a solid fact.

Matchmaking is working just fine and leagues won’t be a problem.

Regarding that screenshot – it’s also part of diversity.
No eles, 5 eles, doesn’t matter what’s the number, it still part of team diversity.

And balance every 6 months is quite a frequent time window for balancing classes.

Usually it’s once a year.

Keep your good job Anet!

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Stop this

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

+7mins Queue for what. TO FACE ESL TOP TIER PLAYERS?

You must be joking me, Evan.. Come on.

PvP is on life-support atm..

Attachments:

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Ranger’s Taunt is the only thing keeping them above water. Even then, it’s hard to pick a Ranger above other classes. Taunt is fine, they need it.

Condi Mesmers may be excruciating in 1v1 but they’re bad in everything else. Besides.. why go head to head with a Mesmer anyways? You’re a Thief!! Grab your SR and go +1 something.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

You realize the longer queue time is because it’s spreading the metaphorical net it casts to find you a match, right? So the longer the queue time, the higher the potential difference in skill levels between the teams. I do believe it has a cap as to how much it spreads that net, but as a rule of thumb: longer queue = less balanced match. That’s how pretty much all matchmaking algorithms work, and it’s a population problem, not likely something Anet can fix.

To address the other points: condi mesmer can be a little silly, but I don’t really see it enough to think it’s a big issue. Cele eles are an issue, but I know that Anet is addressing that. Taunt on ranger is all that makes them viable at the moment. It’s a broken mechanic, but nerfs to Taunt will need to come with other ranger buffs, so it’s not something that they should really rush. Lastly, thief is still fairly solid in the meta. I don’t see why they’d need to buff a class that’s on pretty much every team.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

People keep saying Taunt goes through dodges and I haven’t been able to recreate it pulling me or anybody else out of an evade.

Have you tested this yourself, or are you just regurgitating what all the other people who don’t understand when the Taunt fires off in animation are saying?

If anybody could recreate it going through evade frames and video capture it as proof though, I’d be very interested to see how you did it.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Stop this

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

You realize the longer queue time is because it’s spreading the metaphorical net it casts to find you a match, right? So the longer the queue time, the higher the potential difference in skill levels between the teams. I do believe it has a cap as to how much it spreads that net, but as a rule of thumb: longer queue = less balanced match. That’s how pretty much all matchmaking algorithms work, and it’s a population problem, not likely something Anet can fix.

To address the other points: condi mesmer can be a little silly, but I don’t really see it enough to think it’s a big issue. Cele eles are an issue, but I know that Anet is addressing that. Taunt on ranger is all that makes them viable at the moment. It’s a broken mechanic, but nerfs to Taunt will need to come with other ranger buffs, so it’s not something that they should really rush. Lastly, thief is still fairly solid in the meta. I don’t see why they’d need to buff a class that’s on pretty much every team.

Its not that thief needs a buff, its more like they should give what they presented/told us they would.

I know how matchmaking works, but aslong they’re not fixing the issues at hand, pvp will be forever empty.

6 months for, quite simple really, nerfs is a joke. When other classes got nerfs within hours/days..

Stop this

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

@jcbroe Yes, easily recreated. It is undodgeable.

@Denied This attitude is why they stopped being so transparent in the first place. They announce what they’re planning on, but things change. Then people get upset. If thief is strong without it, I don’t see any reason to complain about it. And as for eles, I agree, but it should be fixed soon.

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Calm down m8, you’re spilling salt around.

I lol’d irl

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Stop this

in PvP

jcbroe.4329

@Denied This attitude is why they stopped being so transparent in the first place. They announce what they’re planning on, but things change. Then people get upset. If thief is strong without it, I don’t see any reason to complain about it. And as for eles, I agree, but it should be fixed soon.

Do you stream or record so that you could show me (only asking because I can’t recreate what I’m talking about myself)? I and other people I’ve played around with have evaded it since the update claiming they fixed it, but the Taunt itself is instant the moment the player presses the button, meaning that while it being instant makes it unable to be reacted to in order to actively dodge, the taunt effect itself when used on a person currently within evasion frames doesn’t pull people out of dodge.

If it is pulling people out of evasion frames, then it still needs to be fixed. If it is just instant and therefore “undodgeable,” then every instant CC in the game needs to get fixed; not just picking and choosing what people don’t like at a given moment.

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

Stop this

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Thief is far from strong (currently), I said thieves are ok in Conquest as u said they are in most teams.
They’re not in teams because “they’re strong”, you know that, Olrun.
Only good for mobility or +1 as we cant really fight 1v1 as Mesmers can..

Stop this

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Too lazy to record it. I just tested it with OPN, though.

Stop this

in PvP

jcbroe.4329

Alright then, I’ll take your word for it. It wouldn’t surprise me the slightest, but I think the OP has already done enough spreading of the negativity for everyone.

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Why do you want Withdraw buffed? Kinda shoots your “I really want balance” ideals in the foot.

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Why do you want Withdraw buffed? Kinda shoots your “I really want balance” ideals in the foot.

Not buffed just justified they increased the CD and said they were giving it extra healing to compensate it never happened… I know I shouldn’t mention “who who is dealing with messy and angry reports from the worst elite specs so far” but thief in general is way under their radar. The latest “buff” to Feline Grace reminds me of that “mobility buff” they once made on necro WH.

The HoT excuse is wearing out they shouldn’t have made such significant changes if they knew HoT would get in the way. At least that’s what they said..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Stop this

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

They increased the CD. That was a nerf. Now you’re asking for an increase in healing. That’s a buff. If they nerfed the heal and found it was in a good place, why would they buff it?

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Don’t quit because of thief. Move over to the dark side and make a revenant. You know you want to

But seriously speaking, I understand 100%. I don’t play my thief in pvp anymore because I have no idea what the class is supposed to be good at nowadays. I too have been waiting for the promised buffs since the big patch. Frankly, they might think they can fix the profession with the elite spec without even touching the broken stuff. They really have no excuse when it comes to thief balancing.

Mesmers and cele eles in pvp… You know you have a problem when there’s more than 2-3 of these professions in the opposing team, it happens more often than you might think. Most of the time in my games there’s always at least 1 mesmer and at least 1 ele, usually more. No other professions seem that popular atm.

I too play cele ele quite frequently and I’ve found it one of the most forgiving and easy builds to play. I understand why others pick this profession and this build: in a meta where everyone can hit hard it pays off to be tanky. But I’d never touch cele ele again if they would fix my thief with the buffs that were promised.

For me the matchmaking seems to have been improved when they prevented below r20 from joining ranked matches (that alone says alot about my previous games lol). We’ll see how it works out in the end.

The best course of action for you might be to take a break until HoT release if you really feel like the game has nothing to offer atm. But I’d suggest you still join the beta testing on thief so you can contribute to the feedback for DD spec. Don’t give up

EDIT: I just realised I simply assumed you’ve pre-purchased HoT. Sorry about that.

(edited by Maris.3164)

Stop this

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

They increased the CD. That was a nerf. Now you’re asking for an increase in healing. That’s a buff. If they nerfed the heal and found it was in a good place, why would they buff it?

Dont change my words, Olrun.

Im asking where the promised increase in Healing was to Withdraw. Not asking to buff it.
Thats something else.

If they would’ve said “hey, we’re just gonna increase the CD and not the healing” that would be fine by me. But nothing has been said so I’ll keep waiting for it untill they say they’re not going to do it.

For example: if Healing Signet on Warrior was getting a nerf to the passive healing but resistance is promised with it. You only get the passive healing decreased but no resistance and nothing has been said about it, wouldnt u ask where it is, honestly? And atleast wait for an answer from Anet?

Stop this

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Pls read what I said. Im only asking what has been promised to us, thieves. Not asking because I personally want it.

Stop this

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Alright then, I’ll take your word for it. It wouldn’t surprise me the slightest, but I think the OP has already done enough spreading of the negativity for everyone.

Because Taunt is not working how it should be, and you know it as a Ranger. A skill going through evade frames makes it seem the game is broken.

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Learn to read.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Guys, please don’t be this deliberately dense. It’s embarrassing.

During the trait revamping process, ANet openly said that Withdraw’s CD was getting raised, but to compensate it would heal for 10% more. This change was never actually implemented, and to date no explanation has been given.

Assuming that ANet decided to leave it that way because it’s “more balanced” is silly. I suppose Thief being the only profession in the game that still has a weapon range increasing trait (as a hidden and unlisted effect) is also their “balanced” intention, eh?

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

withdraw, consume conditions and ether renewal all had their cd increased to balance it with the cooldown reduction trait. there won’t be an increase in healing.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Be that as it may, COMMUNICATION goes a long way. If their opinion has changed that much in two months, then they should say as much. Dead silence makes it seem like an issue they might not even be aware of, so OF COURSE people will keep asking.

That is unless you have a red post handy where they overtly say “oh yeah, we decided not to raise Withdraw’s healing by 10% like we said we would because [reasons]”? If it’s out there, it’s sure not on the Thief subforum.

(edited by Amante.8109)

Stop this

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

During the trait revamping process, ANet openly said that Withdraw’s CD was getting raised, but to compensate it would heal for 10% more. This change was never actually implemented, and to date no explanation has been given.

Assuming that ANet decided to leave it that way because it’s “more balanced” is silly. I suppose Thief being the only profession in the game that still has a weapon range increasing trait (as a hidden and unlisted effect) is also their “balanced” intention, eh?

No we’re saying Withdraw is a heal most would kill for and they increased its CD noticed 100% of Thieves still used it and therefore thought “well its still stronger than every other choice, increasing healing is then foolish.”

Don’t pretend “we were promised something” > actual balancing. Devs should change their mind if they notice their balance choice didn’t weaken the skill enough to require the healing buff.

Zzzzz.. pls get the point.. its not about the actual buff, its about COMMUNICATION around it. After 2 months they still said nothing about not giving it 10% heal increase.

I DONT NEED THE 10% HEAL, this is what u dont get.
WHAT I DO NEED is Anet telling us they’re not giving it instead of providing random lies and having players wait for months on nothing.

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

“An example to what was promised us, as thieves, 10% heal increase on Withdraw instead they only gave us a 3s cd increase and no heal increase.. This was 2 months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still no 10% heal increase, a disgrace!”

Yes this is definitely a post about communication..

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

No we’re saying Withdraw is a heal most would kill for and they increased its CD noticed 100% of Thieves still used it and therefore thought “well its still stronger than every other choice, increasing healing is then foolish.”

Don’t pretend “we were promised something” > actual balancing. Devs should change their mind if they notice their balance choice didn’t weaken the skill enough to require the healing buff.

Zzzzz.. pls get the point.. its not about the actual buff, its about COMMUNICATION around it. After 2 months they still said nothing about not giving it 10% heal increase.

WHAT I DO NEED is Anet telling us they’re not giving it instead of providing random lies and having players wait for months on nothing.

This is one of the reasons why ANet doesn’t tell us their plans (did the Dev say, “We promise to add 10%…” or “We plan to add 10%…”?)

Letting that aside, as you will tell me it’s about communication, I can agree that they should have said “We are not doing so in the end”, but that dev might have just told a “plan”, nothing 100% sure. I personally haven’t seen any post trying to discuss it.

With fearless communication, they would quickly stop by here, tell that they decided to withdraw (huehue) from that decision and that’s it. But guess what? People would whine “but you promised otherwise!”, which is a normal thing on this land these last months. It’s a person on his own judgement who has to come here to bring “explanations” that won’t be well received.

I’d suggest you to take a break from the game until HoT hits the game, like I’m doing. I haven’t left completely the game, but I play far less than before. Either they completely win me with HoT features or they will slowly lose me.

I agree with one of your things, Cele eles. They should do something with them. I wish some nerfs for them come in the next patches… They also make Tournaments less enjoyable to watch. I can handle two same classes in a team, but three and four is just waaaay too much.

Also, I strongly believe that matchmaking will get better as weeks pass with the Pay For Free model and HoT coming out soon with their Leaders. But that’s just my wishes!

Stop this

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

This is one of the reasons why ANet doesn’t tell us their plans (did the Dev say, “We promise to add 10%…” or “We plan to add 10%…”?)

Letting that aside, as you will tell me it’s about communication, I can agree that they should have said “We are not doing so in the end”, but that dev might have just told a “plan”, nothing 100% sure. I personally haven’t seen any post trying to discuss it.

With fearless communication, they would quickly stop by here, tell that they decided to withdraw (huehue) from that decision and that’s it. But guess what? People would whine “but you promised otherwise!”, which is a normal thing on this land these last months. It’s a person on his own judgement who has to come here to bring “explanations” that won’t be well received.

I’d suggest you to take a break from the game until HoT hits the game, like I’m doing. I haven’t left completely the game, but I play far less than before. Either they completely win me with HoT features or they will slowly lose me.

I agree with one of your things, Cele eles. They should do something with them. I wish some nerfs for them come in the next patches… They also make Tournaments less enjoyable to watch. I can handle two same classes in a team, but three and four is just waaaay too much.

Also, I strongly believe that matchmaking will get better as weeks pass with the Pay For Free model and HoT coming out soon with their Leaders. But that’s just my wishes!

If they are just planning things, why bother typing it all down, reherse it with your co-host and show it on a very long stream? Doesnt make sense since 95% of all other things did happen.. Except heal increase on withdraw.

Idc about it, I do care about the communication around it.

Stop this

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

If they are just planning things, why bother typing it all down, reherse it with your co-host and show it on a very long stream? Doesnt make sense since 95% of all other things did happen.. Except heal increase on withdraw.

Idc about it, I do care about the communication around it.

If you are talking about the streams regarding the changes to traits of June 23rd, that’s no promise. They always said that all we saw there on the stream was tentative and not final. They maybe were planning to add it, but in the end they didn’t. Moreover, they changed a lot of things from first stream to second about the traits. Which shows they can change opinions.

I do care about it, because if it was on the stream, then your point, in my honest opinion gets invalidated. I thought there was a Dev on the forums who said that, writing on the forums as an answer to a forum user. If that was the case also, then I retire this paragraph.

For me, communication it’s more “fatal” in other topics.

Stop this

in PvP

jcbroe.4329

Because Taunt is not working how it should be, and you know it as a Ranger. A skill going through evade frames makes it seem the game is broken.

I’ve already acknowledged if it’s doing this it’s broken, and I was having a conversation with Olrun about how I couldn’t recreate it.

I can see that you’re passive aggressively responding to my comment about your OP being negative, and I don’t mean to say you’re wrong because I wouldn’t have even posted here if I disagreed with you. I just find the tone you carry to be aggressive and inflammatory, and I apologize if that offends you.

I came here looking to verify information and have received adequate enough verification.

As for the rest of the thread, you have mostly agreeable sentiments but your aggression/frustration makes being constructive difficult. You should learn to have discussions and debates with people without making them feel attacked and by civilly talking their points out instead of dismissing them.

Not that I blame you because your frustration is understandable and justified, but I’d rather see some of these points gain traction than have another thread dismissed as an anger thread.

Stop this

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

I wonder why they’re stacking class?

Maybe because its so hard to play and requires so much skill as Cele signet necro?

Attachments: