Sapphire player being matched with Ambers?

in PvP

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

So I was Diamond last season and I’m currently sitting in T1 Sapphire. This is awesome because it means I should be getting matched with other players who are sapphire or at worst, higher tier Emerald.

Instead, I’m getting matched with Amber players. I was actually watched with 3 out of 4 of these players (including the Ambers) last match as well, so it’s twice now I’m being matched with 2 ambers and emeralds.

Is anyone else experiencing this? This feels very very broken and a step in the complete opposite direction of last season. Being matched with players exclusively from your bracket was great last season. Something is either broken or has to be changed.

Attachments:

noice

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

So I was Diamond last season and I’m currently sitting in T1 Sapphire. This is awesome because it means I should be getting matched with other players who are sapphire or at worst, higher tier Emerald.

Instead, I’m getting matched with Amber players. I was actually watched with 3 out of 4 of these players (including the Ambers) last match as well, so it’s twice now I’m being matched with 2 ambers and emeralds.

Is anyone else experiencing this? This feels very very broken and a step in the complete opposite direction of last season. Being matched with players exclusively from your bracket was great last season. Something is either broken or has to be changed.

happens to me almost every match

master jedi david

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It likely means that there’s not enough players at your division level, and the matchmaker expands the range too much. Though even then you really shouldn’t be getting Ambers. Even high Ambers. There definitely should be enough emeralds in queue for the matchmaker to not need to reach that far.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I was getting emeralds in T4 saph and getting amber/rubies in T2 saph. The problem is the matchmaker takes such a wide array of people which makes the game feel frustrating since it’s one way or another.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

sapphire here, got teamed up with ambers, during N/A prime time. GG anet, just made MM worst. season 2 was already ok.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Could be a mid emerald game which is drawing from late Amber and early Sapphire? Idk, that is a bit odd

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Stop playing stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: Baronvonhippo.3157

Baronvonhippo.3157

Been getting this as well duo queue ambers are getting put in sapphire matches. Really frustrating for both sides I would assume.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

MM is pretty wonky this,season.

Somewhere they said it’s a combo of season 1 2 to create this seasons MM….season 1 was a failure beyond failures