Scrapper New Meta

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Super.2749

Super.2749

Sharing this video I made after the patch for scrapper.

We finally have some build diversity for scrapper, you can take different traitline, different elite depending on enemy team comp. Scrapper received a nerf but is still one of the powerful classes in the meta.

Enjoy

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Scrappers rock! What traitlines were you running in this video?

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

overall it’s good, but just old scrapper+aclhemy and almsot 3 same utilities are the best currently…i’m still testing the quickness traits, nades etc, but all and all it ends up that i meet some guy who hasn’t changed his build at all from previous patch and i’m getting shrekt.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

a little bit broken ( the real problem was the 26 jan patch, which had no “serious” nerfs for the elite spec ).

Engineer

Health Insurance: The outgoing healing of this trait has been increased from 15% to 33%.
Automated Medical Response: The cooldown of this trait has been increased from 90 seconds to 120 seconds.
Autodefense Bomb Dispenser: The recharge of this trait has been reduced from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
Over Shield: The radius of this trait has been increased from 240 to 360.
Soothing Detonation: The healing contribution of this trait has been increased by 100%.
Medical Dispersion Field: The radius of this trait has been increased from 240 to 360.
Power Wrench: The recharge reduction of this trait has been increased from 20% to 33%.
Takedown Round: The damage of this trait has been increased by 33%.

Scrapper

Rocket Charge: The recharge of this skill has been increased from 10 seconds to 12 seconds.
Sneak Gyro: This skill’s recharge has been increased from 20 seconds to 40 seconds.
Expert Examination: Fixed an issue that prevented this trait from functioning with gyro explosions.
Stabilization Core: This trait has been merged into Final Salvo.
Perfectly Weighted: This trait is now on the adept tier. Decreased the stability granted by this trait from 2 stacks to 1 stack.
New Trait—Applied Force: Gain quickness when you gain might above the threshold

Only 2 minor nerfs to sustain:

-Automated Medical Response: The cooldown of this trait has been increased from 90 seconds to 120 seconds.

-Sneak Gyro: This skill’s recharge has been increased from 20 seconds to 40 seconds.

and aoe buffs as you can read, to cdr, damage, healing, etcetc…

Plus, celestial has gone ( which is good, but good for scrappers too ).

Overall patch is good, but classes like necro, scrapper and druid still need to be tuned down. And warrior needs little fixes to be into meta.

Nice video btw.

(edited by Shirlias.8104)

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I can definitely see ESL teams running 2 Scrappers, it’s just so strong atm. What my biggest problem with Scrapper being as good is that it’ll force Ele out of the Meta to a large degree, since the overlap in what they do is very big and Scrapper is just a bit better.

I feel Scrapper should be a bit worse against conditions by removing the 20% less condition dmg taken from adaptive armor. A slight DMG decrease in Hammer would also be completely fine and Engi would still be Top-Tier IMHO.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

So you figured out that scrapper can use rampage again which is zan using for 1 week now and you figured out that scrappers will be meta which is everyone saying right after the patch has hit.

That’s good I guess :<

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

ESL teams now should be only 1x class ( new rules, if i am right ).

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

I thought you could have 2 of the same but that was it. Not sure

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

In the past tournament there were no limits.

I should check about news around 26 jan.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Super.2749

it will most likely be 1x class per team in next season so no double cheese.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Yes because there is a rule about it but honestly the scrapper now is better than the old prenerfed hambow in the double cheese hambow meta.

Everything in 1 build, is too much, and everyone knows this.

Said this, you’re one of the best scrapper, really solid gameplay, so gg.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I actually like where Engineer is right now. It is good to see a class that can have more than 1 viable spec in PvP.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I actually like where Engineer is right now. It is good to see a class that can have more than 1 viable spec in PvP.

Because ANet is terrible at balancing, when a class is able to have multiple viable specs, it is because their power level is over the top (and scrapper is the strongest build in the game now, and would be stacked in multitudes if they allowed it). This is because, due to power-creep, “viable” builds are usually those based on the most OP traits/skills a class can use. When a class gets a traitline/set of skills that are massively OP, they are able to have multiple builds.

Power-creep is such that something has to be incredibly OP to be “viable” at the high level, so having 2 “viable” builds means there is some element that is SO OP it makes a couple different builds possible.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Because ANet is terrible at balancing, when a class is able to have multiple viable specs, it is because their power level is over the top (and scrapper is the strongest build in the game now, and would be stacked in multitudes if they allowed it). This is because, due to power-creep, “viable” builds are usually those based on the most OP traits/skills a class can use. When a class gets a traitline/set of skills that are massively OP, they are able to have multiple builds.

Power-creep is such that something has to be incredibly OP to be “viable” at the high level, so having 2 “viable” builds means there is some element that is SO OP it makes a couple different builds possible.

Sad but true. At least we have something to balance around. We can buff all classes to scrapper levels and call it a day.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

They should implement this rule in the pvp system.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Overall patch is good, but classes like necro, scrapper and druid still need to be tuned down. And warrior needs little fixes to be into meta.

Nice video btw.

Agree,warri overall damage is in a good spot really but our sustain compared to other classes is just horribad,give us protection on a trait and it will solve a whole lot.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

They should implement this rule in the pvp system.

Queues would go to the moon for popular professions.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Engineer has been brainless and overpowered since 1.0. Nothing new here. It’s what happens when you give a single class literally everything.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

Engineer has been brainless

lol k

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

… scrapper is the strongest build in the game now, and would be stacked in multitudes if they allowed it…

Well according to the self proclaimed best mesmer, the class that would get stacked is rev, not scrapper.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

scrapper is the best anti scrub profession and a free kill for cheese professions

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

it all sounds like scrapper has just recovered from being a bad class lol

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Scrapper was top-tier since it came out…. -.-°

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

Scrapper was top-tier since it came out…. -.-°

thx captain obvious

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

true statement.

You dont see Mesmers with MULTIPLE viable builds…

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Super.2749

Well scrapper is definitely good, but dps rev are the new thiefs with more damage similar survivability as scrappers…

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Well scrapper is definitely good, but dps rev are the new thiefs with more damage similar survivability as scrappers…

Not sure if you’re delusional or your abysmal engi plays made that statement, thiefs are more relevant now due to the new class stacking rule because anet can’t balance(anymore if a class is overpowered).

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Not sure if you’re delusional or your abysmal engi plays made that statement, thiefs are more relevant now due to the new class stacking rule because anet can’t balance(anymore if a class is overpowered).

Yeah, the ‘no class stacking’ rule will possibly only require 4 unique professions, rather than 5. So Thief is still irrelevant if double Rev is an option.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Yeah, the ‘no class stacking’ rule will possibly only require 4 unique professions, rather than 5. So Thief is still irrelevant if double Rev is an option.

That would be a shame.

Phaatonn, London UK

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

thief has already been a good answer to rev and now with basilisk venom being unblockable rev (along with DH) now has an even bigger weakness to thief considering their reliance on Crystal Hibernation/Soothing Bastion to survive bursts.

thief is unarguably the best single target damage profession in the game (this finally means something in this meta), it’s leagues better than rev for decaping/+1ing/general map mobility, and has much better matchups across the board.

so dont get me wrong rev is still strong (in the same tier as thief now), but all things considered it’s folly to say thief is “irrelevant” when it can outperform revenant as a power DPS slot.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I’m surprised scappers don’t drop inventions for tools because:
-Adrenal implant now stacks with vigor up to 100% endurance regen (basically old vigor). Stack this with energy sigil and you now have perma- pre-nerf vigor.
- Traited toolkit is a 3s block on 13s CD, and the point-pressure from nails and pry bar are real.
- Takedown round is passive damage, which is the foundation of gw2 combat now, or otherwise streamlined kits works very well with heal-on-swiftness

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

-Adrenal implant now stacks with vigor up to 100% endurance regen (basically old vigor). Stack this with energy sigil and you now have perma- pre-nerf vigor.
- Traited toolkit is a 3s block on 13s CD, and the point-pressure from nails and pry bar are real.
- Takedown round is passive damage, which is the foundation of gw2 combat now, or otherwise streamlined kits works very well with heal-on-swiftness

yup, tools is essential for wvw roaming, but the med kits are excellent sustain that is hard to overlook, plus mecha legs is anti chill. investions is debatably better on point, but I run both in different engi builds.

still, B over TK never flew with me.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

inventions is still far better for defensive reasons and to help them deal with high condi pressure

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Chaith.8256

so dont get me wrong rev is still strong (in the same tier as thief now), but all things considered it’s folly to say thief is “irrelevant” when it can outperform revenant as a power DPS slot.

Agree to disagree, I’d run two Revenants over a Thief any day, and I think every pro team would say the same, until I see otherwise

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

XGhoul.7426

Agree to disagree, I’d run two Revenants over a Thief any day, and I think every pro team would say the same, until I see otherwise

Obviously if it will be a 4 class stacking rule, which is still a bandaid fix for things not being brought up, rather than rant ill say, it is frustrating. (which we know isn’t at the balance devs hands)
edit: Should’ve mentioned 4 different professions per team, but my point doesn’t really change

Implementing restrictions to teams is a lazy excuse to shave off specs that outperform others.

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

No class stacking in ESLs isn’t really a band-aid for me. There would always be more optimal builds to be stacked, champions/heroes in MOBAs would be stacked too in many cases if you could get more than 1 per team. This rule is just a obvious thing for me.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

XGhoul.7426

No class stacking in ESLs isn’t really a band-aid for me. There would always be more optimal builds to be stacked, champions/heroes in MOBAs would be stacked too in many cases if you could get more than 1 per team. This rule is just a obvious thing for me.

So you want to acknowledge double profession stacking is fine because there is no balance to check it since they are optimal?

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Chaith.8256

So you want to acknowledge double profession stacking is fine because there is no balance to check it since they are optimal?

He’s just saying that in any battle arena type game, when it comes to ‘picks’ there will always be rules in place to mitigate potential balance issues.

Whether it’s a picking/banning phase, a rule that only one instance of a type of class can be brought, – really it depends on what makes sense for that game.

Not so much saying class stacking is ‘fine’ more like saying it’s a separate issue than what rules are good for a competitive and fun game.

Probably should’ve been the rule from the start, even if balance is flawless at the time, it will always vary heavily on the current patch in MMOs.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

XGhoul.7426

He’s just saying that in any battle arena type game, when it comes to ‘picks’ there will always be rules in place to mitigate potential balance issues.

Whether it’s a picking/banning phase, a rule that only one instance of a type of class can be brought, – really it depends on what makes sense for that game.

Not so much saying class stacking is ‘fine’ more like saying it’s a separate issue than what rules are good for a competitive and fun game.

Probably should’ve been the rule from the start, even if balance is flawless at the time, it will always vary heavily on the current patch in MMOs.

Yeah, actually don’t disagree with anything you said, and actually saw what rym was trying to explain.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

doesn’t matter the rule, warrior will never be relevant

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

XGhoul.7426

yup, tools is essential for wvw roaming, but the med kits are excellent sustain that is hard to overlook, plus mecha legs is anti chill. investions is debatably better on point, but I run both in different engi builds.

still, B over TK never flew with me.

This would be the obvious engi throwback back to rifle, but it still lacks a nice recovery which hammer is outperforming, not sure if anet can fix it besides nerfing core engi traits and further gutting the class. Toolkit has been strong and the reason why most engi’s were running it before HoT, (before soldiers engis) let’s just say, it didn’t pan out how ANet thought.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

All the self-healers >< so annoying.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Super.2749

season finals will have 4 classes, We will see all the 4 top teams abusing double revenant. guild challanger qualifier will have 5 classes. we will actually see good balanced games here. They still didn’t decide on season 2, but they will see how terrible the season final will be with every team having 2 revenants.

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

season finals will have 4 classes, We will see all the 4 top teams abusing double revenant. guild challanger qualifier will have 5 classes. we will actually see good balanced games here. They still didn’t decide on season 2, but they will see how terrible the season final will be with every team having 2 revenants.

As far as I know, Pro League Season 1 finals will be played on current patch. Not sure if no-stacking rule applies, tho.

If stacking is allowed, I see stacking Reapers and Scrappers far more likely than stacking Revs.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

XGhoul.7426

I hoped this wasn’t the case, but that’s a kittening shame, unless the “balance patch” addresses this, which is unlikely. wow.

the balance team and upper management only have their heads to hang in shame, what a joke.
edit: I should say now, may the best cheese win, because double stacking 1 class is going to make the finals “interesting” to watch

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

Scrapper New Meta

in PvP

Super.2749

every team will have double revenant anyways, I think you meant may the best revenants win. It was a short notice for the season final teams so even if they wanted they couldn’t have made it 5 class per team. but hopefully guild challanger league tournament will show everyone how 5 classes are more enjoyable than double cheese.