Scrapper

Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Hi guys,

Currently, scrappers can be pretty tough to damage, even if they’re full berserker.

One of their skills, Adaptive Armor, increases toughness based on the number of stacks you have.
1 stack = 100 toughness. An engie can achieve 5 stacks max.

Also, rune of the scrapper increases toughness, and reduces damage by 7% when within 600 units of an enemy.

If a scrapper makes use of both of those things they are hard as hell to hurt.

Adaptive Armor or rune of the scrapper should change…

I realize scrappers are meant to be ‘tanky’ but they’re doing their job a bit too well.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

when you complain about a berserk scrapper with the rune just imagine a soldier scrapper that hits nearly as hard because of perma 25 stacks might. i played a few matches now and i felt close to unkillable.

Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

WOW.

THERE’S A COMPLAINT ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!!

excuse the caps but you folks need to man up

Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

They just nerfed the bug that gave them twice the protection duration from their adept trait from healing turret, that should help a lot in making them feel less impossible to kill.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Scrapper

in PvP

mrauls.6519

WOW.

Why do you disagree with what I said?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

WOW.

Because no one ever talks about beating one with a necro. I don’t have expac either.

Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

no, both adaptive armor and scrapper rune are fine.
there is no need to change them.

fight the scrapper from more than 600 range and the 7% damage reduction is negated.

500 extra toughness will not save the scrapper from heavy sustained burst attacks.

also, you’re complaining because you can’t do enough damage as a bunker yourself to put down the scrapper.

if you have enough damage you can put them down.

Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

500 toughness is far more powerful than equivalent traits. If you compare it to stat conversion traits, which are 10-12% at best, they’re at best 250 to a stat. Guardian has one which gives a raw 300 to a stat with other small bonuses.

Yes, I understand that it does take time to stack. However, with various incidental damage that gets flung around in PvP, it will stack pretty quick and stay stacked.

I’d recommend reducing it to 70 or 80 per stack (so 350-400 when maxed) and possibly making the ICD 2s, so that it only stays maxed in large fights.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Scrapper

in PvP

mrauls.6519

no, both adaptive armor and scrapper rune are fine.
there is no need to change them.

fight the scrapper from more than 600 range and the 7% damage reduction is negated.

500 extra toughness will not save the scrapper from heavy sustained burst attacks.

also, you’re complaining because you can’t do enough damage as a bunker yourself to put down the scrapper.

if you have enough damage you can put them down.

Fighting the scrapper from 600 range isn’t always ideal. How will dd eles do that? Melee guardians? Warriors? Thieves?
Some professions can definitely stay 600+ range without hampering their damage, but that’s not a good solution.

500 extra toughness will help anyone survive heavy bursts. If I had 500 extra toughness I would have such an easy time dealing with enemy players.

I don’t play bunker by the way…

What is “enough damage”?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Scrapper

in PvP

mrauls.6519

Thank you for providing alternative solutions Exedore.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

WOW.

It’s in his text. Because you’re not man enough.

Scrapper

in PvP

Nocta.5274

I like how people keep whining without acknowledging the bug fix I talked about in any way.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Scrapper

in PvP

mrauls.6519

I like how people keep whining without acknowledging the bug fix I talked about in any way.

Hello my engineer friend.

Maybe the bug isn’t why we’re offering “feedback” which you’re calling whining.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Scrapper

in PvP

Nocta.5274

Hello my engineer friend.

Maybe the bug isn’t why we’re offering “feedback” which you’re calling whining.

How can your feedback be useful if your experience against scrapper is one brevious to the bug fix ?
The spec went from perma protection to a half uptime, that’s a big difference when considering whever or not Adaptative armor is too strong defensively.

Characters :
Europe, Vizunah.

Scrapper

in PvP

mrauls.6519

I’ll do more fights against scrappers ‘post bug fix’ and let you know my thoughts.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

scrappers dun get extra 500 toughness right away, they only get 100 toughness per second per hit received.

by the time they received extra 500 toughness, they could have already received 5 heavy burst damage mortally wounding them after the ordeal.

Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

The bug fix that stopped HT overcharge from giving 6s protection is huge

EU since Aug 2012

Scrapper

in PvP

mrauls.6519

I’m not trying to over exaggerate here.

Scrappers access to improved toughness is an issue.

Post ‘bug fix’, their toughness is still an issue, Nocta.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Adaptive armor should stay as it is. Necromancers have a grandmaster trait, which does close to the same thing. But building up stacks is much easier for them, since they don’t have ICD for them and have to do conditions. So, they don’t need to eat damage to get their stacks, they can have their 10 stacks instant without receiving any damage.

So, adaptive armor has to be stronger than this trait, because you need to get hit to get the stacks and keep them.