Search and Rescue

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Hey there,

Search and rescue is 1/2 search and 1/2 rescue, so why does it teleport players away for a secure res? Why not just name it tele and rescue? or telescue? or resport? or secureport? or resecureport?

No but seriously, this skill is rather strong for something on a ~45 cool down. However, I suppose the majority of the difficulty is running with random players rather than being organized, but even with self-aware players, the cleave is simply not enough against anymore than 1 druid.

Even if we were to focus the druid, focus in the terms of PuG focus rather than organized, there’s the stealth, the disengage, the heals.

Any thoughts on how to deal with this?

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Geron.8573

Geron.8573

It’s simple. Use CC.

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

I have to say that letting the skill going through some walls/edges is quite overboard and OP. Mostly happens at Legacy where the downed gets “pulled” through the ledges on both sidepoints.

I’m ok with the teleport.
I’m not ok when it’s going through stuff.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Leohart.4610

It’s simple. Use CC.

Doesn’t always work considering the amount of stability that’s thrown around. But I suppose when it does work it’s due to PuG not focusing enough.

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: rummy.4102

rummy.4102

Yes more nerfs to a class that basically doesn’t need anymore, also lets nerf ele (heals op), Mesmer (portal op), warrior (too much vitality op), and thief (aa damage op if you stand still) more.

Lets not touch Rev, Necro, or Engi though they are fine.

Didn’t mention Guardian because the traps are op but the core needs buffs.

Guildlord of [Top] (Gate of Madness)

If you don’t get it right the first time, keep on sucking until you do!

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

It’s simple. Use CC.

I had a feeling when I opened this thread that there would be some druid main defending the point.

The problem is it isn’t all that telegraphed when the everything else is going on around you. If I am focusing a reaper for instance, I am looking for shroud 5 or Chilled to the bone to happen, not some bristleback running to the downed player.

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Search and Rescue

in PvP

rummy.4102

It’s simple. Use CC.

I had a feeling when I opened this thread that there would be some druid main defending the point.

The problem is it isn’t all that telegraphed when the everything else is going on around you. If I am focusing a reaper for instance, I am looking for shroud 5 or Chilled to the bone to happen, not some bristleback running to the downed player.

…and what happens if you miss shroud 5 or chilled to the bone? Which is worse? Its Pick your poison, your argument makes no sense. I can’t stop A because I’m looking for B, therefore nerf A.

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

It’s simple. Use CC.

Doesn’t always work considering the amount of stability that’s thrown around. But I suppose when it does work it’s due to PuG not focusing enough.

Well, how convenient, druids actually has very low stability access. Only their elite gives them some.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

This is even worse than Chrono quickness rezz

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I have to say that letting the skill going through some walls/edges is quite overboard and OP. Mostly happens at Legacy where the downed gets “pulled” through the ledges on both sidepoints.

lol khylo is worse, you can port people up the roof and below the clocktower; gl interrupting that rez

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Nocta.5274

Its not. Chrono was rezzing even faster, had anti projectile buble on rez, and very easy stabiltiy access. With F4 they even had distortion rezzing.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Juba.8406

Its not. Chrono was rezzing even faster, had anti projectile buble on rez, and very easy stabiltiy access. With F4 they even had distortion rezzing.

Are you even for real ?

Its way OP, pulling downed away from focus damage is much much better and safer, at least the chrono is rezzing at downed place, still can be focused both can be damaged and rezz can be denied.

Search and Rescue

in PvP

rummy.4102

Hey i am all for SnR being completely taken out of the game, so long as something as major and just as broken get taken from necro, rev, and engi.

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Nocta.5274

Are you even for real ?

Its way OP, pulling downed away from focus damage is much much better and safer, at least the chrono is rezzing at downed place, still can be focused both can be damaged and rezz can be denied.

You’re crazy. I simply can’t accept anyone with a acceptable view of how this game works could say SnR is better than the older chronomancer rezzing power lol.

I mean, I guess there’s people believing Earth is flat so who knows.

Characters :
Europe, Vizunah.

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

because the pet Runs to the downed to " search and Rescue " the rescue part is the Teleport and pet res .

ps those of you need to learn not everything is about close Quarter combat , S and R is fine but its also a two edged sword if played incorrectly aka the pet is miles away from the downed , the time taken for the pet to “search” is a dps or damage/pressure down time so instead of Tunnel vison onto that downed target "listen and look for the pet to move away from you / away from group or just change target and AoE range / interrupt the ranger so it can’t do any back up support / additonal res .

benifts the ranger if the pet and him are Closer to the target but not too close , the closer a S and R is done the higher the risk for a double edged sword it can down the pet and or Nearly stop or down the ranger people will just have to learn to Aoe pressure at range rather than the old Cleave spam dead bodies because this is not going to change just because some people don’t like it.

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Leohart.4610

It’s simple. Use CC.

Well, how convenient, druids actually has very low stability access. Only their elite gives them some.

Yeah I’m well aware of this. I worded that wrong. What I meant to say was that there’s a considerable amount of things they, as well as other classes in the fight, are doing that are preventing CC locks. I’m purely speaking about team fights which is why I point out the PuG part. When I wrote the first sentence, I only recalled the constant stability application from Scrappers and Reapers during team fights (which are two classes I often encountered accompanying a druid), so pardon my faulty memory.

because the pet Runs to the downed to " search and Rescue " the rescue part is the Teleport and pet res .

ps those of you need to learn not everything is about close Quarter combat , S and R is fine but its also a two edged sword if played incorrectly aka the pet is miles away from the downed , the time taken for the pet to “search” is a dps or damage/pressure down time so instead of Tunnel vison onto that downed target "listen and look for the pet to move away from you / away from group or just change target and AoE range / interrupt the ranger so it can’t do any back up support / additonal res .

benifts the ranger if the pet and him are Closer to the target but not too close , the closer a S and R is done the higher the risk for a double edged sword it can down the pet and or Nearly stop or down the ranger people will just have to learn to Aoe pressure at range rather than the old Cleave spam dead bodies because this is not going to change just because some people don’t like it.

Yes but searching involves actively committing the action of finding, i.e. looking for something (body). Rescue is saving the body, which is the reviving part. The teleport part of search and rescue is shoehorned in.

You’re definitely correct about the process of preventing it, but that requires quite a bit of a coordinated effort. I’ve yet to see one druid mess Search and Rescue up. I’m usually on the lookout for druids kiting for Search and Rescue, but it’s difficult to get to their position from various points of the map. I’ll always throw my CC’s onto the “tunnel vision”-ed downed body, as well as placing poisons (once Search and Rescue is active) but I suppose here’s where the PuG part comes into play. “Interrupt the ranger for back up support?” That’s easier said than done considering factors such as other players, stability, and positioning.

AoE pressure at range seems only possible with (seems because meta):

• Necromancers
  • Warrior
  • Guardian
  • Mesmer

Of course each of these are dependent on build. People don’t like it because of how strong it is in various maps/spots. Instant teleporting for a secured res at the press of one button is quite strong. Elixir R is on a high cool down, battle standard is on a high cool down plus they had a long and obvious cast time animation, necromancer’s signet of undeath has a long cast time as well as cool down, mesmer’s illusion of life has a long cool down as well as not being a full resurrection, guardian’s signet res is on a high cool down as well as having a long cast time. Yes some of these don’t have a place in the meta, but they’re all of the same concept. I wouldn’t say that the skill won’t be changed since this is ArenaNet. (note the large changes to PvP such as amulets, traits/skill reworks, etc.)

(edited by Leohart.4610)

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Juba.8406

Are you even for real ?

You’re crazy. I simply can’t accept anyone with a acceptable view of how this game works could say SnR is better than the older chronomancer rezzing power lol.

I mean, I guess there’s people believing Earth is flat so who knows.

Sorry, Invalid counterargument.

Try again.

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

so earlier we have ranger pvp daily so i Qued up and fought a team with 2 druid, we manage to down one of their teammate, then 1 druid teleport the body so we chase it only to be teleported again by the other druid and get ressed. how is this ok anet when the down player get teleported almost halfway across the map.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Just make it require LoS and everything will be fine.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Then probably all teleports should require LoS …

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

It’s simple. Use CC.

Yeah I’m well aware of this. I worded that wrong. What I meant to say was that there’s a considerable amount of things they, as well as other classes in the fight, are doing that are preventing CC locks. I’m purely speaking about team fights which is why I point out the PuG part. When I wrote the first sentence, I only recalled the constant stability application from Scrappers and Reapers during team fights (which are two classes I often encountered accompanying a druid), so pardon my faulty memory.

Yes but searching involves actively committing the action of finding, i.e. looking for something (body). Rescue is saving the body, which is the reviving part. The teleport part of search and rescue is shoehorned in.

You’re definitely correct about the process of preventing it, but that requires quite a bit of a coordinated effort. I’ve yet to see one druid mess Search and Rescue up. I’m usually on the lookout for druids kiting for Search and Rescue, but it’s difficult to get to their position from various points of the map. I’ll always throw my CC’s onto the “tunnel vision”-ed downed body, as well as placing poisons (once Search and Rescue is active) but I suppose here’s where the PuG part comes into play. “Interrupt the ranger for back up support?” That’s easier said than done considering factors such as other players, stability, and positioning.

AoE pressure at range seems only possible with (seems because meta):

• Necromancers
  • Warrior
  • Guardian
  • Mesmer

Of course each of these are dependent on build. People don’t like it because of how strong it is in various maps/spots. Instant teleporting for a secured res at the press of one button is quite strong. Elixir R is on a high cool down, battle standard is on a high cool down plus they had a long and obvious cast time animation, necromancer’s signet of undeath has a long cast time as well as cool down, mesmer’s illusion of life has a long cool down as well as not being a full resurrection, guardian’s signet res is on a high cool down as well as having a long cast time. Yes some of these don’t have a place in the meta, but they’re all of the same concept. I wouldn’t say that the skill won’t be changed since this is ArenaNet. (note the large changes to PvP such as amulets, traits/skill reworks, etc.)

and with those being on high cooldown lead to them not being used , i see what anet is trying to do create a more Active Pvp game play than the old meta use to do.

Lord Hammer Hand.4815 this is just unfortunatate luck but it does mean both druids have used thier Stability and or both res traits for the next 40seconds=60seconds unless thier pet hits hard( you’d know they have beastmastery when they have quickness also)

when you compair the other reses they are outdate and should change rather than S&R as that skill was revamped from a crappy version of signet of stone.

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I don’t know how people can still complain about search and rescue. The skill has a good usage only on kyhlo because of the clocktower. Other than that not a single team which isn’t entirely bad should have problems with that skill.

I guess you saw druid with this skill in the finals and how “usefull” it was.
After the recent nerf , druid is probably completly unviable anyways for serious PvP-teams.

And when I see that someone says that search and rescue would be better than chrono-quickness- rezz….. Jesus this unexperience in PvP from some certain players want to make me leave this game.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Juba.8406

so earlier we have ranger pvp daily so i Qued up and fought a team with 2 druid, we manage to down one of their teammate, then 1 druid teleport the body so we chase it only to be teleported again by the other druid and get ressed. how is this ok anet when the down player get teleported almost halfway across the map.

Your “unexperience” dealing with moles made me leave this game lol haha

Search and Rescue

in PvP

dominik.9721

It’s just funny that every good team sorts out the druid because it’s usage is literally gone to 0, while you guys are complaining about a skill that can trick only bads without cordination.
And then there is one guy who says that this skill would be even better than chrono rezz which was second to none.

Grimkram [sS]

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I don’t like this skill, because it’s a direct upgrade of Transfusion Blood Magic GM trait of Necromancer, which was supposed to be something unique. Better range, doesn’t require trait investment, pet rezzes, shorter cooldown. It just further blends everything together and removes the unique reasons why would you bring one profession over another.

Give Ranger something equally powerful, but unique to Ranger.

This mechanic has been avalible since Specialization patch.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Search and Rescue

in PvP

dominik.9721

You can’t compare traits with an utility-slot.

Grimkram [sS]

Search and Rescue

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You can’t compare traits with an utility-slot.

I care more about the unique downstate teleport mechanic than about SnR being powerful utility. I wouldn’t mind it instantly recovering 50% downstate health of chosen target even, I just don’t like the fact that something that was supposed to be unique support ability is given to other professions.

Besides, giving up one Specialization for GM trait and timing RS#4 instead of using it for damage only is comparable in my eyes to one utility slot.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)