Season 2 experience - the slow roll

in PvP

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

In season 1, I played to ruby and then stopped since it wasn’t fun any more.

In season 2, I got started late. I think I have never played more than two games in any one day. Most days, I play one game. I have probably more days that I haven’t played at all than played, so I’m confident the average is less than one game per day.

The result through mid-sapphire is a steady stream of easy matches. I think that’s how it’s supposed to work, but just thought it’s worth sharing the data point.

In sapphire, it can take four minutes + to get a match even if I try right at server reset. I’m not sure if that’s expected – it’s gotten slower over the last couple of weeks.

Not sure if anyone has tried this start-late and go-slow strategy, but it’s been low stress. Just a data point for Anet on how season 2 matchmaking is working

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i think the match making system is trying hard to find players of similar MMR to you, hence, the slightly longer queue times, as a result, you noticed that you went through mid sapphire without much resistance.

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

It’s nice to see someone else not taking the league too seriously.
I’m in a similar boat although I do want the backpack, I didn’t participate in s1 due to how you could bait the system, it just made me facepalm and I didn’t want to be farmed. Due to that, I’d need Diamond once and Ruby twice for the division cross.

So I play my 3 daily matches maybe 1-2 more if I get a win streak on it, I then log out until the next day if I lose 2 in a row. No stress, I get my progress and don’t get annoyed. Win-win. I reached Diamond last week and I’m currently teetering in t6-t7 the last 3 days.

Will I get to legendary? I don’t know, but I only have this week because I fly on holiday next week :P RL>gaming, as fun as it is.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

How nice for u. Come play on my acct and see what its like trying to rank up.

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

It’s not about ranking up, its about enjoyment. If you’re not enjoying it, play un-ranked. It’s incredibly simple. Getting to X devision doesn’t mean squat, the question is, did you enjoy it?

Kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Ruby really isn’t fun I just want to get my tempest profession achievement out of the way since it’s my weakest class that I actually use this season.

Some matchups straight up aren’t fair. Not really mad at the team but dragonhunters are mostly bronzestompers and ruby equates to high silver through early to mid gold. In other words since this was a match in ruby the opponents are expected to know the counters.

The thief was emerald, warrior (whom he teamed with) was sapphire, and the dragonhunters were sapphire and ruby whereas the opposing team was all ruby and a sapphire so we’d likely lose even with a mirror comp.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

It’s not about ranking up, its about enjoyment. If you’re not enjoying it, play un-ranked. It’s incredibly simple. Getting to X devision doesn’t mean squat, the question is, did you enjoy it?

Lol. Omg, have u ever played in unranked? Build testing, 1 v 1 fights in corner of maps, etc. Unranked is not competitive play and the players, for the most part, are not in there to play to win.