Season 3 MMR Reset?

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: eva lin mcdowl.3978

eva lin mcdowl.3978

I made it to Diamond Division today, so I manage to cross an extra tier while working on part 4 year of the ascension. My original goal was ruby this season and ruby next season. The only thing I need left to complete part 4 now is 2 Division crossings(To be completed next season) and 10 wins each in two additional professions. My question is probably impossible to answer at this moment because the Devs could make virtually any change for season 3. But for this season they reset everyone’s MMR. I’m curious if our MMR will once again be reset for season 3 or if our current divisions this season will grant us a different MMR for next season(as suggested in several other threads)??
My curiosity comes from the fact that ive only used my guardian to get to ruby last season and diamond this season. I mainly play PVE, but I can hold myself very well in PVP with my Guard. I just cant seem to do very well in any other profession in PVP. I still need to use other professions to finish part 4, but i started this season out using all others and getting massive lose streaks barely making part 2/3 achievement professions. Once I realized I was destroying my MMR I quickly switched to my guard to try and recover which left me in a sort of MMR hell for the last 4 weeks. Regardless I manage to recover with about 65%-75% win/lose ratio(at quick glance)going from ruby to diamond. But before that when my MMR was destroyed with me trying to get profession wins completed, my win ration from Amber to Emerald was 10%-30% in Solo Q. Teaming up and creating my own PVP Guild saved and help me(along with several others) painfully grind our way to ruby. I’m planning on taking a different approach now by playing a little unranked with likely Scrapper/Reaper with meta builds. But im certainly going to be a cause for failure once I get back into ranked. Plus my win/lose ratio will likely drop a bit. Should I be concerned at all about my MMR at this point since Ive met my goals for this season? Should I wait till Season 3 and blast my way to sapphire with my guardian then try the other 2 professions for completion?

Any advice or recommendations would be great.

Just keep in mind my main concerns for writing all this is to Preserve my MMR and to not burden others who are playing their way through Ruby/Diamond by practicing other professions.

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

I made it to Diamond Division today, so I manage to cross an extra tier while working on part 4 year of the ascension. My original goal was ruby this season and ruby next season. The only thing I need left to complete part 4 now is 2 Division crossings(To be completed next season) and 10 wins each in two additional professions. My question is probably impossible to answer at this moment because the Devs could make virtually any change for season 3. But for this season they reset everyone’s MMR. I’m curious if our MMR will once again be reset for season 3 or if our current divisions this season will grant us a different MMR for next season(as suggested in several other threads)??
My curiosity comes from the fact that ive only used my guardian to get to ruby last season and diamond this season. I mainly play PVE, but I can hold myself very well in PVP with my Guard. I just cant seem to do very well in any other profession in PVP. I still need to use other professions to finish part 4, but i started this season out using all others and getting massive lose streaks barely making part 2/3 achievement professions. Once I realized I was destroying my MMR I quickly switched to my guard to try and recover which left me in a sort of MMR hell for the last 4 weeks. Regardless I manage to recover with about 65%-75% win/lose ratio(at quick glance)going from ruby to diamond. But before that when my MMR was destroyed with me trying to get profession wins completed, my win ration from Amber to Emerald was 10%-30% in Solo Q. Teaming up and creating my own PVP Guild saved and help me(along with several others) painfully grind our way to ruby. I’m planning on taking a different approach now by playing a little unranked with likely Scrapper/Reaper with meta builds. But im certainly going to be a cause for failure once I get back into ranked. Plus my win/lose ratio will likely drop a bit. Should I be concerned at all about my MMR at this point since Ive met my goals for this season? Should I wait till Season 3 and blast my way to sapphire with my guardian then try the other 2 professions for completion?

Any advice or recommendations would be great.

Just keep in mind my main concerns for writing all this is to Preserve my MMR and to not burden others who are playing their way through Ruby/Diamond by practicing other professions.

You continue to play your guard in ranked. When you see a clearly win you log out to charecter selection, Then choose a class you nede a win with and Then log back in. You get back into the game automatic on new class and wait for the score to hit 500 and get the win on the class you need.
Practice other class in unranked

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: eva lin mcdowl.3978

eva lin mcdowl.3978

Does that actually work? I once Dc’d for a minute a few days ago and got back into the match..still won it but lost a pip for desertion and got dishonor for dc’ing.

(Lesson learned: never play pvp while your internet company is outside your apartment doing Who know s what! ruined my entire day)

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

I agree 100%, players stuck in MMR hell will have an artificially low MMR upon start of season 3 which is not fair at all

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

I agree 100%, players stuck in MMR hell will have an artificially low MMR upon start of season 3 which is not fair at all

Given how awful Season 1’s MM was, I think a MMR reset shouldn’t be too unreasonable. The good players will get their MMR back up again pretty quickly if it gets reset.

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

If such a thing does exist perhaps it is fair given what they may have been through in Season 2.

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

But for this season they reset everyone’s MMR. I’m curious if our MMR will once again be reset for season 3 or if our current divisions this season will grant us a different MMR for next season(as suggested in several other threads)??

Please show me where you did get that information. MMR was not reset at the start of the season.

If they reset MMR, they need to match team MMR vs team MMR, if not… we will have the same problem that we have right now.

The under average would have less chance to wins matches than the above average MMR.

Simply put:

A system design to punish players that are average or under average MMR. Because it put them at a disadvantage over those who are above average. This is unfair because under average MMR show that they need more HELP than the above average MMR to stay competitive. Actually… the best got easier ride from the system than the baddest.

In truly competitive system, the more you are good, the harder it should get.

In our season 2 amateur design league, the more you are bad, the harder it get.

The worse, is when the system decide you are BAD. (Give you low MMR) But actually, you are good. It could happen on luck based match-making slacked by the all godly “queue time” that can put good players with low mmr players because no others are available (into that pip range). Nobody (including Chaith) can carry a team of a 4v5 matches with a 100% success rate (considering the 5 are good enough).

It’s either pure GRIND based PIPS system.

Or going back to MMR vs MMR with a RANK given on who you wins and who you lose like it was in 2013-2014 (and like it is in all PVP multiplayer rank system).

I prefer to play into a CERTIFIED truly tested universal ranked system (implemented into all AAA pvp games), than some bad thoughts out rank system like we have in season 2.

Many players are like me. Many did actually left gw2 pvp for other PVP games because they felt the competitive nature of gw2 is going down the drain… and this had happens in 2014. Since then, the cycle continue… new serious pvp players start to play. Like the game, but found that it’s unfair and not competitive (grind based and not win base), so they left the boat too.

It’s why Many PRO players are disgusted about the CASUAL aspect of GW2 SPVP.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

If such a thing does exist perhaps it is fair given what they may have been through in Season 2.

Nah, it’s not fair. The MatchMaking of season 2 don’t give you a fair chance to raise your MMR.

To get a fair MMR system:

1- Reset the MMR before league.
2- New player should get 0 MMR and work it like everybody did at first. (nothing is fair when you got average MMR and a new player show in your team that don’t know what rotation is… simply rekking your own MMR in the process)
3- Match MMR team vs MMR team, if not… there is no FAIR chance for people to work their MMR.
4- Extend the league to half a year or more.
5- Separated the Skill based Rank system, with the GRIND need to get REWARDS.
6- Give negative MMR to the highest dishonor stacked account. (need to put people who dced 3 times a night in a different queue than everybody else, with those who rage quit and AFK or trolls or trash talk)

Yes it will get hard for new player (its why they give average mmr to new player) to come into a competitive rank system like this… but who cares? They can play unranked to get good.

Giving flower to new players to destroy the MMR of your veteran is not good either. Because the retention rate of new players in this game is REALLY low. You need to make sure that those who like your game enough to put hundreds of hours into it are treat fairly (and not like it is, right now).

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

MMR reset would just make things worse.

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Anet better reset mmr – its the no. 1 priority and most egregious problem (along w/ matchmaking). I want a clean slate in season 3, so we can put this nightmare behind us. I’m sure the “good players” are all happy. If so, please make sure they all get to go through what I went through this season. Starting w/ a 54% win/loss ratio which tanked in two days thx to mmr, and is now at 44%. I cant even get into a pvp guild. Ridiculous.

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Does that actually work? I once Dc’d for a minute a few days ago and got back into the match..still won it but lost a pip for desertion and got dishonor for dc’ing.

(Lesson learned: never play pvp while your internet company is outside your apartment doing Who know s what! ruined my entire day)

it works, but you need to get back into the pvp map loading screen within 2 minutes.

only swap if your team is stomping them hard, say 450+ vs 200+ and holding 1 or 2 points, and your other team mates are killing them really easily and quickly.

lower your graphic options so you load faster into the map.

and no, our MMR is never reset at all.
they never did once reset our MMR.

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

They will scrap this MM they use now for sure,maybe they add solo queue that finds 10 players with same mmr so we can get close and fun games again

Season 3 MMR Reset?

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

One thing is for sure, I’m not even going to try S3 if nothing change.