Season 3 Matchmaking Needs Repair

in PvP

Posted by: veslarius.8425

veslarius.8425

Things wrong with season 3 matchmaking

1) Getting teamed with the same guys against the same opponents back to back to back. When you get a bad team facing a premade, you are stuck with it until you add all to friends and watch for them to get into a match before you queue.

2) Consistently putting solo queue players up against 3 or more man premades. Make players in premades fight players in premades it would be a longer queue for them but that’s a choice they can make if they want to go premade.

3) I consistently find myself in groups where i win every 1v1 and score the highest on team but my team loses every 1v1 and cant score at all. Getting amber skilled players in diamond is annoying so share the burden. Match people on a 5 game winning streak with people on a losing streak instead of having the same guy get the same amber quality players match after match.

4) Make skipping Divisions an option. I started my achievements toward the end of season two in earnest. I was placed in sapphire this season because I was in legend last, but playing through amber and emerald this season would of made my achievements much easier.

A few examples of the player types I’ve been getting. A necro says “No, im not going mid, ill die. No I wont cover home im going far” Match starts, she runs far and drops dead before team can even get to mid.

Soooo many thieves. A thieves roll is to decap/cap unguarded capture points, steal beast if in forest, assist and outnumber team fights, and catch enemies that try to run and heal. Basically what everyone knows about them. So very few of them do that, it fact I don’t see them do much at all except circle capture areas like they are lost and try to solo 2 players at a time every once in awhile.

Eles and or rev should give speed at the beginning of a match but dont. One Ele gave might to a slow moving group heading to mid at the beginning which wore of long before we arrived. Players like this have flooded diamond division and seem very hard to avoid.

(edited by veslarius.8425)

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Things wrong with season 3 matchmaking

1) Getting teamed with the same guys against the same opponents back to back to back. When you get a bad team facing a premade, you are stuck with it until you add all to friends and watch for them to get into a match before you queue.

2) Consistently putting solo queue players up against 3 or more man premades. Make players in premades fight players in premades it would be a longer queue for them but that’s a choice they can make if they want to go premade.

3) I consistently find myself in groups where i win every 1v1 and score the highest on team but my team loses every 1v1 and cant score at all. Getting amber skilled players in diamond is annoying so share the burden. Match people on a 5 game winning streak with people on a losing streak instead of having the same guy get the same amber quality players match after match.

4) Make skipping Divisions an option. I started my achievements toward the end of season two in earnest. I was placed in sapphire this season because I was in legend last, but playing through amber and emerald this season would of made my achievements much easier.

A few examples of the player types I’ve been getting. A necro says “No, im not going mid, ill die. No I wont cover home im going far” Match starts, she runs far and drops dead before team can even get to mid.

Soooo many thieves. A thieves roll is to decap/cap unguarded capture points, steal beast if in forest, assist and outnumber team fights, and catch enemies that try to run and heal. Basically what everyone knows about them. So very few of them do that, it fact I don’t see them do much at all except circle capture areas like they are lost and try to solo 2 players at a time every once in awhile.

Eles and or rev should give speed at the beginning of a match but dont. One Ele gave might to a slow moving group heading to mid at the beginning which wore of long before we arrived. Players like this have flooded diamond division and seem very hard to avoid.

I have to say that is just rich. Ahahahahahaha, seems like the ANet MMS genie has finally caught up to you and blatantly yelled DENIED to you. Welcome to kitten feast that has forced alot of us sPvPers to move to other games for our competitive player vs player action.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

veslarius.8425

It hasn’t denied me anything, just annoyed me to no end. I’m still making decent progress, I’m just forced to carry or lose. If I wasn’t smart enough to time my queues to avoid op premades or awful players, then it might look like a big red “DENIED” as you say. Still, I can understand why some might have given it up after some of the things I’ve seen.

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

…I’m just forced to carry or lose.

And what Anet may not realize is that carrying, when you have to do it often, is extremely exhausting. By the time I’ve had to carry 3-4 matches I’m just beat. You cannot make even a single mistake or it will likely cost the match.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

What time do you play? Sounds like there’s not many people playing, if you’re always being grouped up with/against the same players.

in PvP

veslarius.8425

Usually us eastern after 8pm off and on through like 1am, 3 at the latest

in PvP

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Welcome to my life in Emerald.

Attachments:

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Usually us eastern after 8pm off and on through like 1am, 3 at the latest

Hmm. I think we’ve got to the point where a lot of players have just lost interest and don’t play it that much anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

I have 5 consecutive matched of sapphire Vs emerald …. when i am 1 pip away from next tier, this is continuously happening. its getting irritating.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in PvP

veslarius.8425

In Sapphire and Emerald you can’t lose tiers which would make a losing streak limited in how much damage it could do to your progress overall. I’ve never been in either division very long but I’m sure you could use the same methods if having trouble. Say they keep matching you with bad players against good players, add both to friends and Q up after they are in. Ruby isn’t that bad either normally, I’ve had some bad match ups this season but its the 1st Division with real potential to keep a player grounded do to the loss of tiers.

As far as fighting a Division higher when you are close to crossing over, the matchmaking process looks for players up to 15 pips in either direction from you and increases the longer you are in queue. I do agree though that it should be limited to players in your Division however.

in PvP

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

As someone who used Stronghold as a means to cut off a terrible loss streak in Conquest (as well as to see new people altogether) I wholeheartedly agree that the matchmaking, although sounding good on paper, needs some serious work.

I mean, I happen to like Stronghold, but if I have to game the match making by queuing for Stronghold in order to get matched with different people and/or get matched with people outside of my bracket to have a good time then something is wrong.

in PvP

veslarius.8425

I just had a perfect example of the problem with this matchmaking system. I’m on a winning streak back into tier 3 diamond after dropping from tier 4 and that is ended by a premade group with 2 legends “high spots on the leaderboard ranger said one was number 1” and the rest diamond. My team all diamond 1 ruby. After one of our 2 rangers said that, I went after both hard starting in mid ending far and killed them. team was able to get a triple cap, but then I became the target as no matter what I did I had 3 on me most of the match and we lost. I had a score of like 210 next guy up was around 90 I think.

So lost my streak there. The next match was a premade balanced team against my 2 rangers again, a horrible thief, and an ele that tried to push 4 of mid solo while team was repawning. Loss 2

Next match, different pugs same premade. Same results but get this… 2 rangers again. One says its okay hes support I’m dps.. I don’t if you are dps, support, condi, or santa claus we dont need 2 rangers =( I have them on friends waiting for that whole mess to be in match before I Q

From what I’m seeing Arena Net need 2 rules,

1st) A division should only have to fight people in the same division. Don’t put a team of low-mid diamond and a ruby up against legends and diamond with players on top of the leaderboard, we should get a pip refund for that garbage.

2nd) Avoid putting multiple of the same class in a pug group, make sure each or neither gets an ele and no doubles.

in PvP

veslarius.8425

Tired of having to fight guild premades of a solid division with a division lower members on my team, anet we need an option to choose not to fight with or against people out of our division.

in PvP

veslarius.8425

Yet another very frustrating match up. In Diamond I was the only one on my team rest were ruby. The enemies had 4 Diamond and 1 ruby. This is an extreme example though, only happens about 25 percent of the time. Usually see it 3 times a day, but this poor matchmaking rarely works in my favor. Always the guy with less of my own division and never someone from a higher division as i have had to face in my enemy teams.

When I win despite this handi-cap, I’ll have a score of like 230 and the next highest up will be 110 followed by a few 50s. I’m not sure what I did to earn Arena Nets wraith but it must of been bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

Since i don’t play the s3 i can’t say much, but all posts seems to be the exact same of s1 (except the abuse mmr thing) & s2. So it seems nothing have been changed in more than 6 month, after 2 epic season, 999999999 feedback of xp and unxp players.
Guess you can hope in a fix in season 12 more or less, if some player left

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

This is why mmr and pipwars 2 doesnt work well together. League is supposed to show skill? Remove mmr then. When i go up against other diamonds im as equally skilled if not more skilled. I have no issues and i dont feel its difficult matches most of the time. Yet i get 4 other rubys in my team and other team has 5 diamonds or 5 diamonds and 1 ruby. Unfair mm. The problem is, the skill range between diamonds and rubys are too big because everyone eventually can get to ruby so the people in ruby can have a skill range between 0 and 10. If youre real unlucky you get the 0’s that die in 1 second vs diamonds. They who manage to get to diamond and above actually have shown they can hold their own and shouldnt be forced to play with lower divisions after already fought their way out of that mess, but difference this time around, they have to face full diamond teams which their ruby team has ZERO chance to win vs.

Season 3 mm…rly unbelievable bad.

in PvP

veslarius.8425

Anonymous Player.3079, I don’t know what posts you are referring to as I don’t spend much time on the forums but I can testify to season two. I missed almost all of season one but I solo/duo queue’d my way to legend season two and had very even and very fun matches most of the way there. I can’t even remember one match up that was nearly as horrible as some of the average matches for season three. Right now I do three matches a day for daily to finish wings and then I play different games like Witcher 3 or 7 Days to Die. Matches this season have been a disappointment win or lose