Season 3 Suggestion

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

Posted by: LordKage.9135

LordKage.9135

Increase all divisions to 50 pips.
Remove rewards completely from tiers / crossing a division.
Buff PvP reward track.
Allow players to lose tiers / division.
When you cross a division you start at 10 pips.
When you lose a divison you start at 40 pips.
Do not reset division / pips on a new season.
Remove cross division achievement from the legendary back piece requirements, this will remove the incentive people have for reaching high division.
Allow us to queue from anywhere. (I would be happy with only hotjoins).
Make higher mmr players start higher up in the season.
Maximum of 2 of 1 class per team.

Try Tô Kill Me // Engineer/Warrior/Revenant

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Uhm… don’t you think a MMR reset is need at the moment? If so, what data are they going to use to segregate legendary/diamond players?

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

LordKage.9135

I don’t believe a MMR reset is needed. Everyone is exactly where they belong. The current problem is MMR hell aka Ruby. The reason is people can grind to it and not drop from it forcing uneven games. The solution is remove checkpoints from tiers/division throughout the entire thing. Which is why I brought up the removal of rewards and moving them to rewards tracks and also “cross division” achievement. This way anyone can get the PvP legendary backpack through playing in their respective division.

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

I belive one is needed a 40 wins streak = 1200 increase in MMR points at least, some folks MMR were inflated and what not. Funny because last season, everyone wanted a MMR reset because of the bunker mesmer meta carrying people to legendary. But when you factor everything, a reset is truly needed but we don’t have to agree on it.

Lastly change the MM algorithm., HIGH vs LOW or vice versa is far from competitive.

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

LordKage.9135

High vs Low will not exist if people can drop tiers / division since you should be within pip range of your MMR.

You see this common occurrence during the 1st & 2nd tier of Ruby/Diamond.

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

But it would still happen in legendary/ diamond T7/ T6. Someone posted a game in upper legendary where he lost but 500 points and he had two legendary on his team. So the algorithm has nothing to do with people crossing/dropping divison that would def improved the game quality. Revamping the MM algorithm will prevent folks from losing gane by 500 or 450 points in T6/T7. Bease all good player will be grouped on one side.

I’ll fetch the post for you, if it’s still up.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Reached-the-matchmaking-plateu/first#post6048768

Having high vs Low is not competitve at all, no game uses it so why is Anet wasting their time on it?

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

LordKage.9135

500-0 games will happen but we can control the frequency by following the solutions I stated on top. In this case we don’t have enough context. The losing team probably gave up after the first teamfight, they maybe had a d/c or they probably just got completely stomp on. I am currently legendary on 3 accounts and I rarely see these games happen unless we are truly out comp / outskilled which is 1 in 200. The majority of games will end 500-250 unless its legacy of the foefire.

But diamonds in T6 / T7 can face T1 and T2 legendary players. It’s within the pip range.

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

500-0 games will happen but we can control the frequency by following the solutions I stated on top. In this case we don’t have enough context. The losing team probably gave up after the first teamfight, they maybe had a d/c or they probably just got completely stomp on. I am currently legendary on 3 accounts and I rarely see these games happen unless we are truly out comp / outskilled which is 1 in 200. The majority of games will end 500-250 unless its legacy of the foefire.

But diamonds in T6 / T7 can face T1 and T2 legendary players. It’s within the pip range.

Maybe I have missed it but which of your solution address someone in T7 diamond( because he is obv. Good hence dropping division won’t do it for him) or are you insinuating that you can actually get carried to legendary?? Hence those legendary folks, who got carried there, should drop division?

And the problem isn’t matching legendary against Diamond, we had those type of matches last season. The problem is when one side is CONSIDERABLY better than the other. So, I d describe the 500 – 0 gane as a 10 vs 1.

And they could have had a dc or whatever but the OP uploaded two pics. There is no need to have high vs Low. But I rest my case.

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

Sorry OP, strongly dislike all suggestions.

If this was season 1, maybe I would like your suggestions, but making these changes would be unfair to players who partook in season 1-2 at this point.

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

LordKage.9135

Care to elaborate?

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

foogison.5067

Care to elaborate?

Simply because everyone who already has the ascension would have had it easier. If you increase total number of pips in all divisions to 50, then starting season 3 it would be much more difficult to get to legendary. Even if you modify how PVP tickets are earned, it would be hard to say that a new system has the same difficulty as the previous.

Because we’ve already seen two seasons where you can get “x” amount of rewards from doing “y” it would be unfair to the players who have already made plans for things like how many seasons it will take them to get the ascension or how many seasons they need to get 250 shards of glory and things like this.

I take back disagreeing with all of your suggestions, sorry. I do think reward tracks should be buffed.

I think changes are 100% necessary, the current system does not reward all the right players in the right ways. But i think that completely overhauling the current system at this point would be unfair.

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

LordKage.9135

My solution would involve anyone can farm the legendary backpiece from any division. You will no longer be force to hit Ruby, Ruby, Sapphire, Sapphire by removing the “cross division” achievement. This will promote a healthier PvP environment.

For the tickets problem. We can tie them to a recurring achievement that involve the player playing X games or winning X games.

Season 3 Suggestion

in PvP

foogison.5067

My solution would involve anyone can farm the legendary backpiece from any division. You will no longer be force to hit Ruby, Ruby, Sapphire, Sapphire by removing the “cross division” achievement. This will promote a healthier PvP environment.

For the tickets problem. We can tie them to a recurring achievement that involve the player playing X games or winning X games.

I don’t have The Ascension and i like the idea of it being reserved for the elite. I like working toward things that are very difficult to obtain. If you make it so anyone can get The Ascension from any division, they it loses its prestige.