Season 3 ends, share your stats and feedback

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

With season three drawing to a close, I’d be interested in hearing how people did and how the league system could be improved for season four. Please post your stats for the season and list a few of the key improvements that should be made.

If possible, please focus the feedback on the league system specifically. Leave stuff such as class balance to other threads.

My stats:

• Started the season in Sapphire
  • Played only solo conquest
  • Alternated between Druid and Scrapper (about 70/30 split)
  • It took me 100 games to reach legend, won 72, lost 28
  • Win percentage 72%
  • Longest loss streak 3 games, longest win streak 17 games

Feedback & suggestions:

For me as a solo player, the match making did not seem substantially different from season two (whereas two was markedly different from season one). I think the biggest issue with the match maker continues to be the fact that the rating difference between players within an individual team is too high, and the match is decided by which team has the weakest player. Of course I have no actual data, but it feels as if most matches have a couple of good players, a couple of decent ones and then one or two lost souls who really should not be there and end up costing the game to their team. For season four, I would look to reduce the MMR gap in team formation, if it can be done without compromising queue times too heavily.

Another change I’d like to see for next season is to allow people to drop divisions. Keep Amber as a safety division, but after that, losing should allow people to drop down to lower divisions. This would be a small but important step towards an MMR-based ladder, as opposed to the grindable reward track we have now. I’m under no illusion that we will ever have a purely skill-based ladder, but at least we would have a bit more realistic player distribution across the divisions.

Attachments:

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I’ll just give some critique:

- once you reached a decent winrate you win every game
- you get paired with good players against terrible players
-the leaderboard is a complete joke
- top 10 for example always plays together but never against each other

-the divisions mean nothing
-a bad player in ruby isn’t worse than a bad player in legendary
- every player no matter how bad he is, is able to reach “legendary”
-legendary has absolutly 0 prestige

-a league system does not work with only such a few active pvp players
-therefore you have to let bad players progress to legendary
-otherwise only about 50 players who really deserves it would be there
-you are not able to seperate visibly good players from bad players

—> What should be done imo:

-No leaguesystem anymore just a leaderboard like the old one
- with the difference that everyone gets an ELO which represents his mmr
-everyone starts with 1000 (mmr reset)
- if you lose as low elo player against a high elo player you don’t lose much elo
-not possible to play as 2000 elo player with a 1000 elo player
-create those bullkittenrewards once you break each 1k mark

at least you should try to create a pvp leaderboard which isn’t less competitive than the pve achivement-point-leaderboard

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

- Around 58% w/l to reach Legendary (179 games played)
- Matchmaker is worst than s2, you have queue time longer and the game quality is not better. Better players stacked together against worst players
- Legendary (and divisions in general) means nothing.
- No reason to continue to play in Legendary Division. No rewards associated.
- No interesting rewards if you have already finished the wings. Nothing to buy with tickets.

What you need to do

- Ranked queue with solo,duo queue and full team only. Full team only against Full team

- Remove pips system and make moving up/down between divisions based on MMR. Decay if you don’t play (fixed not temporary). Show MMR at the end and how many points you gain/lose.

- Not save points. Ok Tiers for rewards. Tiers based ofc on MMR and not on pips/grinding.

- More rewards. More stuff to buy with tickets (example G. Hero Armor pieces). Multiplier to exp reward tracks based on current division.

This system is already 10000x better than what we have now.

New Game mode with next XPAC

Arena pvp 2vs2.

Same structure described before.

Final Result and Comment

The game is like 10000x better. In this way the majority of player base will be happy, great chance to attract new players, more twitch viewers (with arena 2vs2). A larger competitive base. Better reputation for the game (pvp side).

Btw if you are not confident about this approach, give us a system like this in beta with a final poll, I believe 100% the majoirty of player base will be happy.

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Achievements, premades and PvE scrubs. They ruined the game for me. Byebye gw2.

-1 playerbase

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Achievements, premades and PvE scrubs. They ruined the game for me. Byebye gw2.

-1 playerbase

can i at least have ur gold plx

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Aereniel.7356

I agree with a lot of what Dominik and Phil wrote, especially regarding the lack of prestige in achieving legendary division. I know Anet will probably never release the Glicko ratings of individual players, but it would be hilarious to see the spread in legend. My guess is the difference in rating between the lowest and highest is huge, something along the lines of 1000 vs. 4000 (made-up numbers, of course.) It’s a grind-based system, we all know it. Somebody somewhere has probably done the math on the lowest win rate you can have and still reach legend. I don’t know if less than 40% will cut it, but a win rate of 45% will still make it for sure thanks to the consolation pips. It’s just a matter of perseverance and grinding games.

Another good point is the lack of incentive to play after hitting legend. I think Acandis had a thread going on this topic with good suggestions.

Been here since launch

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

- started in sapphire (s1 and s2 legendary).

- played 1 match. was a complete clown fiasco.

- already have the legendary wings.

- ele still a healbot.

-> quit s3 on first day. no regrets.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

- Around 58% w/l to reach Legendary (179 games played)
- Matchmaker is worst than s2, you have queue time longer and the game quality is not better. Better players stacked together against worst players
- Legendary (and divisions in general) means nothing.
- No reason to continue to play in Legendary Division. No rewards associated.
- No interesting rewards if you have already finished the wings. Nothing to buy with tickets.

What you need to do

- Ranked queue with solo,duo queue and full team only. Full team only against Full team

- Remove pips system and make moving up/down between divisions based on MMR. Decay if you don’t play (fixed not temporary). Show MMR at the end and how many points you gain/lose.

- Not save points. Ok Tiers for rewards. Tiers based ofc on MMR and not on pips/grinding.

- More rewards. More stuff to buy with tickets (example G. Hero Armor pieces). Multiplier to exp reward tracks based on current division.

This system is already 10000x better than what we have now.

New Game mode with next XPAC

Arena pvp 2vs2.

Same structure described before.

Final Result and Comment

The game is like 10000x better. In this way the majority of player base will be happy, great chance to attract new players, more twitch viewers (with arena 2vs2). A larger competitive base. Better reputation for the game (pvp side).

Btw if you are not confident about this approach, give us a system like this in beta with a final poll, I believe 100% the majoirty of player base will be happy.

agree 100%

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Got my wings, said F this, and never returned to PvP

It’s a joke

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Started in Emerald. Had a hell of a time trying to get out of it, but once I hit Sapphire, I flew through that, Ruby, and up to t7 Diamond, when I suddenly encountered the infamous Legendary AFKers and others who don’t give a kitten anymore. That’s when my W/L suddenly started dropping and with that, started getting worse and worse game. Eventually I got lucky and hit Legendary but never made it past 2 pips because I’d either play against horrible players or with horrible players, or play against an AFKer or with an AFKer. Getting out of Emerald was a more enjoyable experience than getting to Legendary.

Stats:

- 68% W/L
- Maxed out at 72% till t7 Diamond.
- 158 games
- Played a mix of Scrapper, Reaper, Berserker, and Tempest
- Longest losing streak was either 4 or 5
- Longest winning streak I think was 14

Suggestions:

Continue to work at fixing matchmaking, but actually try suggestions you see on the forums, with careful consideration.

Nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf elite specs already! Increase low CDs, reduce damaging AoE for power and condition attacks, rework skills, move around and rework traits. Refer to the million and one forum posts for details. Don’t you kittening dare remove amulets. Actually, after some widespread nerfs, bring back the amulets, and then balance specs around those instead of balancing (read: removing) amulets around specs.

And for the love of God, fix the kitten immobilize bug

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

in PvP

Posted by: Alcazaro.7618

Alcazaro.7618

senseless topic but let´s VOTE for dominiks post!!

Qatrax – [VOTE]

(edited by Alcazaro.7618)

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

I tried to play this season to complete the wings. However, I gave up when I entered into the mmr hell. My matches became a complete blow up (300 points difference or more). One hint to Anet: players stop pvp if they lose like 20 matches in a row. It is obvious, but apparently they haven´t learned from season 2.
Btw: I created a f2p account just to check if the mmr hell was true. I reached diamond very easily playing in very casual way (just completing daily).

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Since I hate Match-Making and the “Ranks” into Ranked queue, I did boycott the ranked queue this season.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Aereniel.7356

senseless topic

You so jaded, man. It’s not as if four years of constructive forum feedback hasn’t resulted in an improved game.

Attachments:

Been here since launch

in PvP

Posted by: kankanKk.2748

kankanKk.2748

no time to play

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Btw: I created a f2p account just to check if the mmr hell was true. I reached diamond very easily playing in very casual way (just completing daily).

This is the sign of this bad Match-Making system.

It help new players to climb with unfair team, while veterans players that got hit or miss because of various parameters, prefer to create new account than playing their main one.

Buy HOT for Powercreeps…
Buy new account for Match-Making manipulations that don’t serve your team much, but serve your wins a lot.

Of course, bad new players that don’t know how to play our game, simply wrekt mmr of average veterans players when they enter with their “average MMR for new players”.

Unranked queue is way better than that, when you had passed that “average MMR”… no pip-range for me to wait 15 + minutes a Queue POP.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

- Started in sapphire
- 100% solo queue, only played conquest.
- Played only ranger except about 20 games to get my 10 wins on Rev, I am going to have to do the 4 classes I have left next season.
- 487 games played, 267 won (54.8% win rate)
- Reached legendary prestige 5

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Started in Sapphire, finished in diamond. Never wanted the wings, just want fun, balanced and fair games. PvP has become painful and predictable.

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

No idea how/why people went above a few tiers in legend. Queues are far too lengthy.

Attachments:

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: EjHacks.9261

EjHacks.9261

The first week or so was really fun. Going through ruby and diamond i got to play with and against a bunch of esl players. I had a lot of competitive matches in diamond which is where i lost some of my games this season.

Win rate to legend i believe was: 74%
Win rate at end of season: 88.6%

I played Necro up until i lost my biggest win streak.
Then i played some herald and engi for fun.

Biggest win streak: 89
how did i lose it?
cant blame anyone in particular but
had some non " meta " builds
Fresh Air Ele
Shatter mes
But honestly it was bad rotations that lost us that game.
http://imgur.com/w8F18ix

I played a total of 422 games this season
i won 374 games this season
http://imgur.com/qYVfcWX

im currently on a 24 game win streak and 1 pip away from Prestige 23
Legend queue died last night, it went up until 1hours 25minutes before i decided to stop. but ofc it did it was 6am est.

Queue times:
Early Days/Weeks of legend sucked could wait anywhere from 15 minutes to 4 hours… yes 4 hours …
i was in queue and it popped at the 45 minutes mark and someone didn’t accept and then it hit 2 hours and dropped queue so i had to reque and it didnt pop for another 1 hour and 58 minutes later… my team won that game 500-11
After a couple weeks or so when more people started getting legend the queues during prime time and even late into the night weren’t too bad most of the time maybe 5-15min

season 1 i pvp’d the last 2 days of the season and got to sapphire
season 2 i got to legend and stopped
throughout those 2 season i didnt really focus on the achievements at all that much and i had to go hard core this season to finish them. not realizing how close i actually was until the last 15 days or so which i then realized i cant miss one day of participator if i want the wings this season. So i stuck to it and finished part 4 league participator today…. which i was able to get my wings

http://imgur.com/a/2ZpXf

in PvP

Aereniel.7356

No idea how/why people went above a few tiers in legend. Queues are far too lengthy.

Ye, this is a problem on EU as well. High legends have to camp the queue for a ridiculous amount of time before they get a game. Your Glicko rating is probably off the charts, so it’s even worse for you. While ranking up in Sapphire-Diamond my pops usually took between 4 to 8 minutes, with the odd queue lasting over 10 minutes. Personally I think that’s within a reasonable limit, though I would not exactly mind shorter pops.

How would you guys feel about Anet implementing a hard limit to the queue time, say, 15 minutes? At 15 minutes you would get a guaranteed game with the best player match found thus far, even though it would fall outside of the current match making parameters. So you’d get a game, but the MMR range of players might be all over the place. Would you prefer that over (theoretically) less volatile matches but longer queues?

Been here since launch

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Ye, this is a problem on EU as well. High legends have to camp the queue for a ridiculous amount of time before they get a game. Your Glicko rating is probably off the charts, so it’s even worse for you. While ranking up in Sapphire-Diamond my pops usually took between 4 to 8 minutes, with the odd queue lasting over 10 minutes. Personally I think that’s within a reasonable limit, though I would not exactly mind shorter pops.

How would you guys feel about Anet implementing a hard limit to the queue time, say, 15 minutes? At 15 minutes you would get a guaranteed game with the best player match found thus far, even though it would fall outside of the current match making parameters. So you’d get a game, but the MMR range of players might be all over the place. Would you prefer that over (theoretically) less volatile matches but longer queues?

With the way matchmaking is now there wouldn’t be much difference. Half my games are with people who seem to be using a PC for the first time in their life and accidentally ended up in GW PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: arkaxify.3258

arkaxify.3258

My stats:

Started the season in Sapphire
Played duo queue mostly
Alternated between Tempest and Warrior (about 50/50 split)
Win percentage 70%
Longest loss streak 4 games, longest win streak 14 or so

Feedback & suggestions:

Easiest season so far and by far. Build and class diversity was the best we’ve had in the league and the toxicity was very small compared to s1/s2. Changes are looking good. Still would like to see an AFK/Griefing report option and better legendary rewards but other than that it seems like ArenaNet is on the good track.

Primordial, Exalted, Illustrious and Indomitable legend.

(edited by arkaxify.3258)

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Season 3 was terrible in every way concerning match making and account favoritism.

There are plenty of other threads with strong details that explain what was wrong with season 3. I don’t feel a need to rewrite it all here but there are two things to highlight that ruined season 3 for me:

• Main accounts struggling hard to reach legend whilst alt accounts played by the same player, with far fewer matches played, ride to legend quickly on almost a pure win streak. Arena net really needs to sort this out or there will be even more players walking away from ranked spvp in Season 4, myself included.
  • The yo yo effect Get a win streak, then get a lose streak. This needs to end. We need to remove the “Strong Team A vs. Weaker Team B” function and make ranked work more like unranked, where an average party MMR is placed against an average party MMR but also remove any function that creates a Team A of higher MMRs who are favored to win. It needs to stop.

Posting a link to this thread → https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Matches-defying-odds/first#post6239879 as it perfectly details my first listed problem.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Started in amber, 81 games to diamond, then quit after a 5 game loss streak (coupled with a few other loss streaks). Diamond honestly felt like emerald but with more toxic ragers and afkers. At least in emerald people wanted to improve, in diamond (and latter tiers of ruby) people died once, announced the game unwinnable, flamed the tempest for no heals, flamed the DH or Thief for playing that class and akitten in base.

Played entirely solo, mostly tempest, then dragonhunter and chrono.

Next season I’ll rush ruby then quit, gw2 spvp is a massive joke and the punchline wasn’t funny.

(edited by Ubik.8315)

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Started in Emerald, got to Ruby in about 3 days with ~70% win ratio though about 150 games. Finished the season in T1 Diamond with 321 total games played. 161-160 win/loss ratio. Didn’t hit Diamond until my 301st game.

Biggest win streak: 8 games, about four times throughout the season. Biggest losing streak: 14 games, a couple of days after hitting Ruby.

I grinded my way to Ruby at the very beginning of the season, playing as much as I could. I was Ruby when many of the early legends were still Ruby. When I hit Ruby, I decided to slow down and try not to burn myself out. This was a MASSIVE mistake. I played only 3 games a day for a few days, winning easily until a week or so had gone by. At that point, I found myself playing with significantly worse players all of a sudden (presumably the good ones in my MMR range just kept grinding towards Diamond and beyond and got too far from my pip range to queue with anymore) and went on a 14 game losing streak. Literally nothing I did made a difference in those games, most were substantial blowout losses.

After struggling with ungodly terrible teammates for another few weeks, I decided to just say kitten it and switched to power warrior for the rest of the season and started to win more games because I could burst multiple people more reliably and stomp better with Dolyak Signet. Securing stomps or being able to do tons of cleave damage to downed foes made a MASSIVE difference in my games, as the rest of my team was literally too stupid to stomp or cleave themselves, often costing us teamfights when I couldn’t do it myself.

After my losing streak, my level of teammates never improved. I was forced to hard carry on a power warrior for the next 150 games if I wanted to win games. I still lost a LOT, because no single player can reliably carry games. I lost too many games where I was successfully holding home 1v3 and seeing my team lose mid 4v2 or 4v1. I lost games to quad necro/dragonhunter where I would instantly down 2 players only to see my team not stomp or cleave and end up getting killed and rallying everyone.

Honestly, I only need to hit Ruby in season 4 (everything else should be completed by then) to get my wings, and then I’m done with sPvP. I have no faith that Anet will improve matchmaking and will punish myself to get the wings and then move on to WvW or more likely other games.

It’s funny, despite spending a significant amount of time PvPing this season, trying to improve, learn how to counterplay other classes and everything, as soon as I hit Diamond I almost completely quit playing. I’ve played 20 games in two weeks, and honestly have no desire to play again. That’s how bad this season was, how un-fun, demoralizing, frustrating, etc. Even when I was on win streaks, I wasn’t enjoying it.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Started sapphire, solo queue only. Stopped playing HoT builds after hitting lege because scrapper is boring as kitten, moved to unranked not long after due to queue times. Second half of it or so was done later in the season because I started replaying Fire Emblem Awakening not long after the season started and lost a couple weeks to that.

Leagues are still a joke and need to be scrapped and replaced with a real MMR based system that’ll give decent matches unlike this trash, and rewards need to be decoupled from progression as well. Build diversity is still non-existent thanks to elite specs being power creeped to hell and back, and ANet still shows no signs of addressing that. I’ll probably quit completely when the next expac comes out inevitably with even more power creep that make the current e-specs look tame. Gotta sell them boxes, apparently.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I’ll just give some critique:

- once you reached a decent winrate you win every game
- you get paired with good players against terrible players
-the leaderboard is a complete joke
- top 10 for example always plays together but never against each other

-the divisions mean nothing
-a bad player in ruby isn’t worse than a bad player in legendary
- every player no matter how bad he is, is able to reach “legendary”
-legendary has absolutly 0 prestige

-a league system does not work with only such a few active pvp players
-therefore you have to let bad players progress to legendary
-otherwise only about 50 players who really deserves it would be there
-you are not able to seperate visibly good players from bad players

—> What should be done imo:

-No leaguesystem anymore just a leaderboard like the old one
- with the difference that everyone gets an ELO which represents his mmr
-everyone starts with 1000 (mmr reset)
- if you lose as low elo player against a high elo player you don’t lose much elo
-not possible to play as 2000 elo player with a 1000 elo player
-create those bullkittenrewards once you break each 1k mark

at least you should try to create a pvp leaderboard which isn’t less competitive than the pve achivement-point-leaderboard

Pretty much this. Many have said this since way before this season but maybe ppl will start waking up after 3 seasons…

Anet had a decision to make regarding the pop they wanted to target with the season event but faced with a N that was probably too low to pick a side they tried to please everyone to preserve as high a N as possible and ended-up kittening everyone.

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

Played only solo conquest (a few games with friends)
Alternated between Necro and Ele (about 80/20 split)
Played more than 400 games, highest was diamond tier 7 4 pips
Win percentage 50%
Longest loss streak 4-5 games, longest win streak 10 games

Worst season for me by far. Many unfair matchups, more than half the games were blowouts, AFK people, toxic environment, some bugs some cheaters (teleporting around) but no way to report (anet does not care i guess).

Class balancing has improved. Though no build diversity, no real pvp balancing, no new maps → no love for pvp in general.

in PvP

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Mostly soloq aside from a few duoq/trioq. Played revenant every single game.
Highest winstreak: 44
Highest losing streak: Not sure, 2 or 3 from trioqing with pve friends at the start of season.
52 wins, 7 losses at legend.
This seems like a common picture this season, and I don’t know if I like that…

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Highest losing streak: Not sure, 2 or 3 from trioqing with pve friends at the start of season.

Real good question for you: Was that played on a main account or alt and how many total matches played did you have on that account? How many total hours played?

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Played mostly solo Q but had to get a group to up from t2 ruby to Diamond

-Started in Emerald
- Played mostly solo about 40 games i group, Conquest only.
- Played my main Warrior, Revenant and alternated with Elementalist (i had to learn lost many games with it).
- Took me abou 350 games to reach Diamond.
- This season Win 195 , Played 450.
- W/L ratio abnout 43%
- Biggest win streak was 11 with a group and lose streak 14 Solo.

Conclusion, this season was hell, played only to get the wings.

in PvP

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Real good question for you: Was that played on a main account or alt and how many total matches played did you have on that account? How many total hours played?

It was on my main account, I don’t have an alt. Several thousand matches played and thousands of hours played as well.

in PvP

Posted by: firelink.6329

firelink.6329

Started out with a huge win streak and breezed through most of Amber and Emerald. I had a small 2 game loss streak and never recovered much. I pushed through and got to the 5th tier of Ruby when I hit a brick wall, got down to 1 pip in Ruby, and went on a 9 game streak to get back to the top of tier 4. Since then, it’s been WLWLWL, which means I’m stuck.

It was a lot of fun though. I played Mesmer, Engi and Guard. Ended up at something awful like a 40% win rate. I kept getting stuck with AFKers, these thieves who would argue all the time and never play, teammates lagging out, and other issues. The GW2 Gods did not want me to reach diamond, which was my goal.

in PvP

Posted by: Sturm Medik.1569

Sturm Medik.1569

Had a nice win streak at the beginning, but when I hit Sapphire I lost 3 games in a row. After that I could not bounce back. Loss streak after loss streak after loss streak. Had a 29 game loss streak at one point. Eventually I gave up :[

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Zoricus.2439

Zoricus.2439

Season 3 was terrible in every way concerning match making and account favoritism.

There are plenty of other threads with strong details that explain what was wrong with season 3. I don’t feel a need to rewrite it all here but there are two things to highlight that ruined season 3 for me:

• Main accounts struggling hard to reach legend whilst alt accounts played by the same player, with far fewer matches played, ride to legend quickly on almost a pure win streak. Arena net really needs to sort this out or there will be even more players walking away from ranked spvp in Season 4, myself included.
  • The yo yo effect Get a win streak, then get a lose streak. This needs to end. We need to remove the “Strong Team A vs. Weaker Team B” function and make ranked work more like unranked, where an average party MMR is placed against an average party MMR but also remove any function that creates a Team A of higher MMRs who are favored to win. It needs to stop.

Posting a link to this thread -> https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Matches-defying-odds/first#post6239879 as it perfectly details my first listed problem.

Trevor, my experience has been exactly the same. Season 3 was terrible.
I would really like fun competitive matches, Instead I found myself on the wrong side of the worst blowouts ever seen in ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Queue time at legendary was pretty abysmal this season.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoricus.2439

Zoricus.2439

My stats:

Played solo queue mostly
Alternated between Ele, Warrior, Engineer, Necro
Win percentage 49%
Matches Played 539
Finished Diamond Tier 6
Longest loss streak 10 games, longest win streak 7 or so

Feedback & suggestions:

Overall extremely frustrated with matchmaking. Teamed constantly with players who acted like they never played a match in their life. (crappy builds, “PRO” thieves, run into the point and explode in 2 seconds)
Matchmaking needs major work. To many blowouts to be fun or entertaining. Better build diversity needed. The yo-yo effect of long winning or losing streaks needs to be looked at, if Anet is in fact stacking teams in a match, that should be stopped immediately.

in PvP

Posted by: vox.9027

vox.9027

Started in Emerald
Finished in Ruby
Only soloq’ed thief
28W – 5L (87.5%)
Really want to get back into this game but the reason no large eSports orgs are in it, despite massive prize pool, is because it is such a clown fiesta.

in PvP

Posted by: theanders.5681

theanders.5681

Oh boy, here we go…

My stats:
Started the season in sapphire
Played a mix of solo queue and team queue, occasionally with a full party
Played thief, rev, necro and occasionally ele
Matches played: 257
Matches won: 118
Win percentage: 45%
Finished diamond tier 3
Longest loss streak: Around 8 I think, wasn’t really counting
Longest win streak: About 6 or 7

Feedback and suggestions:
I think this season was probably the worst one yet. The sheer amount of luck and RNG that goes into matchmaking was seriously highlighted this season. I was almost constantly teamed with players who were definitely in the wrong division, and not in a good way. This was only made worse after losing, because it meant that I’d get teamed with another set of people who acted like they’d never played before, and lose again, and again, and again. Now, I can understand this if I were in amber, but the fact that this was a problem in diamond (and even in legendary, from what I’ve heard) had me wondering what exactly went into the matchmaking this season. It made the entire season really frustrating for me, especially after hearing that some people breezed through the divisions all the way to legendary. Not that it mattered much, since I got my wings well before I even got out of sapphire, but it would have been nice to have received that legendary badge and title. Shame it was ruined for me by the matchmaking system.
Balancing was actually decent this time around. Almost everything felt balanced enough. Healer ele was kind of ridiculous, guardian was a bit underpowered, and engi is still utter nonsense, but otherwise, pretty much everything was fine.

Closing thoughts/summary:
Matchmaking needs work – trends towards long streaks of either kind needs to be checked. Clarification on what goes into the matchmaking would also be appreciated. Balancing was mostly decent, though. Maybe tone down ele heals and condi warrior. Engi is still nonsense.

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

From playing it,PLZ better server quality.

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

>Current Matchmaking is kitten
>MMR Hell is VERY real.
>Projectile Hate is out of control and needs to be toned down
>Bunker Eles’ support needs to be “shaved” like you did with Ranger’s SnR, Seeds of Life, and Lunar Impact >_>
>Core traits still need lots of love, especially for Guardian, Ranger, Revenant and many others
>Revenant is buggy as hell and still needs fixes before considering buffs/nerfs
>More rune/sigil/amulet options are needed
>A game mode that ISN’T stronghold (which needs an overhaul) and Conquest is needed
>Scrapper needs some shaving, but not too much.
>Something needs to be done to make Conditions less ridiculous from Condi-War/Mesmer/Reaper while making power builds for other professions (among the latter two) more attractive.

Edit: Just so you know, I made it to T7 diamond before falling, then to T5, then 4, 3, and bouncing between 1 and 2, unable to get a good win streak thereafter.

Attachments:

(edited by Euthymias.7984)

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Made legendary season 1/2, tried to get into s3 but really ‘meh’ is how it finished for me. Previously I played for wings/AP’s which are done.

I don’t particularly like PvP in gw2. It can basically go die in a ditch somewhere for all I care.

I’ll probably come back to it when they have another shiny, but other than that……

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Don’t really care about wings or divisions, so this season I set out to play “counter meta builds” or just whatever. Everything went fine, pretty much as expected. Pretty much all matches were either a dominant team of good players, or an inferior team of weak players. The matchmaker was clearly at play this season.

I did some matches with Ithilwen, in those matches in particular I experienced the worst of the worst players compiled onto my team almost bar none. After that I noticed it had a dramatic impact on my MMR, the teams that I got, and the effect it had on my matches thereafter. Quite interesting stuff! :D

As far as I’m concerned, GW2 PvP is pretty much broken, unfun, and though I want it to be a cool player experience, it’s probably done for from this point onwards. Who knows what the future might hold! (Actually: For Honor, when that comes out :D )

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

If it wasn’t for the icon on the nameplates,I might have tried it,but given my experience from s2,and the fact that the icon would make me grind endlessly to at least get the"respectable fodder" ruby badge,I decided to partake not.

I find unranked a lot healthier experience atm.
There’s 1% of the flaming,1% of the AFKers and quitters,people play to have fun not to farm pips.
And the matches seem to be more balanced,the players more evenly spread among the teams.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hit legend in like 100 games playing mostly core power Engi/scrapper grenade Engi. A lot of games were played with absolutely the worst builds like shredder gyro condi Engi and power FT.

From my experience playing other games with ranking systems like CSGO and League of Legends, there are so many crybabies at the low tier divisions who believe themselves a higher rank than they actually are. Maybe the matchmaking wasn’t perfect, but let’s be honest here. If you are stuck in Ruby, you belong in Ruby. There is no shame in that. Practice the game, get better, and move on. I can’t tell you how many CSGO players I’ve met who have hundreds of matches and still in Silver 2, the second tier in the lowest division because CSGO doesn’t baby its players by withholding pip loss at the lower tiers, but tell me they belong in much higher tiers. Give me a break.

Build diversity is still awful. I feel like they gutted my class. My first love was condi Engi and I spent the first 2 and a half years playing it. I spent way too much time and money making HOPE and yet condi Engi is just godawful so I can’t even use it. I won’t be back for season 4.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Hit legend in like 100 games playing mostly core power Engi/scrapper grenade Engi. A lot of games were played with absolutely the worst builds like shredder gyro condi Engi and power FT.

From my experience playing other games with ranking systems like CSGO and League of Legends, there are so many crybabies at the low tier divisions who believe themselves a higher rank than they actually are. Maybe the matchmaking wasn’t perfect, but let’s be honest here. If you are stuck in Ruby, you belong in Ruby. There is no shame in that. Practice the game, get better, and move on. I can’t tell you how many CSGO players I’ve met who have hundreds of matches and still in Silver 2, the lowest division because CSGO doesn’t baby its players by withholding pip loss at the lower tiers, but tell me they belong in much higher tiers. Give me a break.

What’s your explanation of those players who play on old/new accounts and have dramatically different experienced with wins/losses and progression?

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Oh look, another unfixed bug!

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Account 1 (HoT and played since early access):
Games played: 230
Games won: 82
Division: Ruby
Biggest streak: 26 losses in a row

Account 2 (f2p and new):
Games played: 87
Games won: 59
Division: Diamond
Biggest streak: 11 victories in arow

If you ever get into a big losing or winning streak you will be most likely stay there forever. After losing 5 matches in a row on the end of Sapphire my team mates got worse every match. I checked some screens I took after matches (about 20). Most losses were because people afk’ed right at start even before the first fight, 3 or 4 people running to far base and staying there most of the match fighting off a single enemy or my team faced a full group while we had a group of 2 or my team was a group of 4 with 2 people on amber/emerald.

Won’t participate in S4 when the system stays that way. Most likely I will stop playing and go back to SW:ToR or WoW.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.