Season 5 looks terrible

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

You can earn legendaries in pvp, it is called tournament of legends. Or you just buy them on the trading post.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: shader.6804

shader.6804

Personally, I am upset that they are removing stronghold. That’s all I ever played and it got me my legendary backpack. I just don’t find the rest of the game modes enjoyable, and never have since launch. Mostly I logged in to play ranked stronghold during active seasons. Removal of it means I will be a lot less likely to log in at all.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

You can earn legendaries in pvp, it is called tournament of legends. Or you just buy them on the trading post.

That is the worst excuse ever, especially with the ToL not happening consistently and it doesnt offer an over time approach to acquiring a legendary, or any of the newer legendaries. Why should PvE have the exclusive monopoly on acquiring legendaries whenever you want?

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Erzian.5218

If you want something, you have to earn it. That includes doing something you might not be fond of (In fact many pve players do not like map completion etc either).
Pretty simple actually.
Also as I already said, Literally all the legendary weapons from the core game are tradable, thus not pve exclusive. You can acquire them by opening the trading post.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

That is the worst excuse ever, especially with the ToL not happening consistently and it doesnt offer an over time approach to acquiring a legendary, or any of the newer legendaries. Why should PvE have the exclusive monopoly on acquiring legendaries whenever you want?

Again it’s basically the only reason to play pve. If they made pve challenging then maybe.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Erzian.5218

+ map completion doesn’t even take that long. It should take less time than reaching legend with 80-100% win ratio (depending on the map you want to complete) if you take queue time into account.

edit because I’m stupid and had 3pips/win in mind, which was only possible in season 1 and very unrealistic.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

If you want special effects to look cool…go pve and farm for them then! Nobody care if you dress like a Christmas tree in pvp, all they care is how you play!

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I can for see one massive problem with this system so far with out playing it.

If a good player where to throw there 10 placement matches, they would be placed with the new players, then they could just farm wins and rewards for fun. What’s the incentive not to do this? You know there will be people out there who will do this if there is more to be gained from doing it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

If a good player where to throw there 10 placement matches, they would be placed with the new players, then they could just farm wins and rewards for fun. What’s the incentive not to do this? You know there will be people out there who will do this if there is more to be gained from doing it.

Where is the difference from people losing on purpose and doing this right now? It will always happen and you can only prevent if with actively reporting obvious griefing.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Throw 10 games? Royal waste of time to farm pugs

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

There are three possible outcomes:

• You throw your matches and then get yourself stuck in glicko hell.
  • You throw your matches and actually start playing poorly like continuing to make a funny face when your mom told you not to.
  • You throw your matches and then as you win, your rating shoots right back up again.
Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

Where is the difference from people losing on purpose and doing this right now? It will always happen and you can only prevent if with actively reporting obvious griefing.

There’s a difference between trolls, and people doing it for this reason, like I said if it’s more beneficial to be place in a lower placement where you can gain the extra pips easier if your a skilled player, I’m asking what is the incentive to not do this. Are the rewards in lower divisions not as good as higher ones? Or can we look forward to placement matches being left to half a team to fight it out for a win as the other players do as little as possible to score points.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

• You throw your matches and actually start playing poorly like continuing to make a funny face when your mom told you not to.
  • You throw your matches and then as you win, your rating shoots right back up again.

Ok cool. So someone who throws matches to be placed will find that they will climb quickly then? I’m just trying to understand what sage guards there are, last thing I want are placement games I lose because people want to throw them for “loot farming scrubs” or what ever they will call it.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I am honestly baffled that there are people complaining about new ascended armor exclusively from pvp when it was previously only rng from this game mode.

Lord help me

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

I am honestly baffled that there are people complaining about new ascended armor exclusively from pvp when it was previously only rng from this game mode.

Lord help me

I know right? I’m wondering if I should get medium armor, so I have a full set of each type, or if they are new skins, to get the heavy set as I have a lot of heavy classes.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

I agree I mean I love the change in the system to get to divisions but if stronghold is taken out the f this I’m buying and playing a new game till it’s back.

I’m not wasting hours carrying trash pugs in trash maps holding on point locations. Least I could carry bad pugs in stronghold and win.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

This Evan guy seems alright. The season changes look good to me. I only play ele and don’t feel any need for a balance patch. Nerf warriors and condi mes to make my life easier tho. tia.

P.S. Llama tonic pls.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

No balance patch, no interest.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Ioras Dagnir.3927

Ioras Dagnir.3927

I was really looking forward to season 5 and while some of the changes are positive I was not happy to hear about a solo and dual only queue. My previous two seasons I played the league as a part of a guild/with my friends. This meant full parties not usually well oiled but playing pvp in a group was a lot more fun and rewarding. While I appreciate solo and dual queue options were wanted by players, removing groups shouldn’t have even been considered. Players shouldn’t be getting punished for being organised, co-operative and competitive, that doesnt sound like the Guild Wars I know. In structured PvP it just seems like a big step backwards. This is something I hope goes out the window season 6 .

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

What balance is needed?

And I believe 5 man teams should only ever face other 5 man teams (as in queued with a full group). There was also no guarantee that pre-mades would win vs full pug groups, but I’m sure it was a source of a lot of rage posts.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: pixie.5940

pixie.5940

Super excited! TY for putting this together for us. No more going against a 5man pre-made for a season. FEELSGOODMAN

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It just does. Same kittenty matchmaking, just visible elo rating, same terrible leaderboard system, same terrible rewards ( i dont need ascended gear as pvp player, no way to get a legendary even if youre top tier), same terrible balance. Also competitive is dead. Not even gonna bother.

Sorry I don’t get this, its a huge change. The reward track has been completely divorced from matchmaking and rating which is as it should be. There are exclusive rewards for being at a higher rating as well as progressing along the reward track quicker. Its pretty much a copy of the Overwatch ranked system and from what I understand also LOL but it is a superior system so that is a good thing. This will bring me back to spvp. Well done Evan and the team.

Plus the ability to earn ascended armor is great IMO given I do not only play spvp.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Shake up looks nice, exclusivity also but a new way to gauge skill is what concern me the most,as i am not even competitive at the least. Equal skill looking? wait, you mean Cosmetic match making?

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I agree, this looks like it will be the worst season so far. Season 1 still looked best to me.

The top 250 titles better do not give any achievement points, since only a hard capped amount of people can get them and it will be harder to get there on EU than NA.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

Disenfranchising rewards from skill progression is the best thing ever, thank you so much for that! I say this not only for myself, but it brings that much more people into this area of the game, if they are sure to get something out of their effort even if they don’t instantly become top tier. Games like LoL have learned this to keep population up a long time ago and I’m glad you’re pulling it off here. I’m sure this season won’t be as empty as before.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

morrolan.9608

Why isn’t there a sticky in this forum linking to the announcement?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Jojo.6140

Jojo.6140

Seperated skill- and reward-progression is great. Not loosing reward progression anymore is also really awesome. I couldnt bother to play the last leagues for too long, because getting progress on one match, only to have it destroyed in the next match just wasnt fun. Looking really forward to the next season!

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Any plans to address alts hoarding the top 250 preventing other people getting in?

For example, remember season 1 was team PZ dominating the guild leaderboards, what’s to stop them doing the same for the top 250 spots now?

I know there’s a decay system but for real PvP players it’s not a big deal, just 1 game / account per day is pretty easy.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

morrolan.9608

Forgot to say finally mmr will be reset, this is a great thing.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Any plans to address alts hoarding the top 250 preventing other people getting in?

For example, remember season 1 was team PZ dominating the guild leaderboards, what’s to stop them doing the same for the top 250 spots now?

I know there’s a decay system but for real PvP players it’s not a big deal, just 1 game / account per day is pretty easy.

Hopefully these guys have a better sense being one of the leading NA competitive PvP community. They have the responsibility of not gaming the system if they want to folster the scene to grow.

There is really no need for them to alt anymore with the new system.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

Can one of the top titles be “Saltiest Legend”?

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Ok cool. So someone who throws matches to be placed will find that they will climb quickly then? I’m just trying to understand what sage guards there are, last thing I want are placement games I lose because people want to throw them for “loot farming scrubs” or what ever they will call it.

the guard is your rating itself. when your performance is unexpected, your deviation goes up, making you more mobile across strata. if you throw matches, your deviation goes up, because you “shouldnt” be losing those. then either you bounce back quickly (bullet 3) or you resettle in a new spot due to your inability to carry (1) or personal sucking (2).

when you throw your placement matches, youre still spending time not getting the loot you should be getting, and if you hadnt thrown you would have gotten the “easy loot” you will get for the “easy games” youre putting yourself into later. and what you miss out on is the experience of fighting people closer to your skill level, which is what really helps you improve as a player so you can win more matches in the future.

throwing will only hurt you.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

If my understanding is correct and you can still make progress in rewards even if your team loses the match i will definitely start playing ranked again this season. I am by no means a hardcore pvp player but i figure its important to have players like me playing to keep the game mode healthy.

Ascended armour reward and glorious hero skin is really appealing to me as well.

The only other thing i am curious about is how we will finish the ledgendary back as i have the pre but not all the gifts.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Junior.3928

Junior.3928

This is certainly a big step forward, will gladly check it out.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Why is the PvP team purposely being secretive about their broken PvP matchmaking and enjoy dodging questions about it?

(edited by LUST.7241)

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Really love all the work you guys have put in Evan, this is already looking like it’s leaps and bounds ahead of last season. If all goes according to plan you could end up with a very rewarding and competitive league system which would really spike the pvp population.

Regarding changes I do have a few questions and any answers you can provide (even if it’s just “I don’t know because I’m not on that team”) would be greatly appreciated:

1. Have the balance devs been doing this level of change to classes so we will see a large shakeup in game function as well or has it been small so we can expect similar play to now?
2. Are there any plans to look into class stacking within matchmaking or is that not a really big concern of the PvP team from a matchmaking POV?
3. Will the new armor skins be available only through the season or for all time? And if only for the season will the currency be common enough to allow us to get all the skins within the season?
4. How will the extra tickets and shards of glory we have from previous seasons be utilized after we have the backpack? Is there more stuff coming for us to save and spend on?

Thank you for all your time answering questions, listening to feedback, and doing these amazing changes for the game! Have a good one.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Really love all the work you guys have put in Evan, this is already looking like it’s leaps and bounds ahead of last season. If all goes according to plan you could end up with a very rewarding and competitive league system which would really spike the pvp population.

Regarding changes I do have a few questions and any answers you can provide (even if it’s just “I don’t know because I’m not on that team”) would be greatly appreciated:

1. Have the balance devs been doing this level of change to classes so we will see a large shakeup in game function as well or has it been small so we can expect similar play to now?
2. Are there any plans to look into class stacking within matchmaking or is that not a really big concern of the PvP team from a matchmaking POV?
3. Will the new armor skins be available only through the season or for all time? And if only for the season will the currency be common enough to allow us to get all the skins within the season?
4. How will the extra tickets and shards of glory we have from previous seasons be utilized after we have the backpack? Is there more stuff coming for us to save and spend on?

Thank you for all your time answering questions, listening to feedback, and doing these amazing changes for the game! Have a good one.

1) There will be the expected periodic balance updates, but I cannot speak to the extend of them.
2) Class stacking has not been a priority because of the leagues rework, and negative feedback regarding character locking when queuing. This might be something worth polling.
3) The vendor will always be around, but the new currency is only obtainable from the league pip system. You won’t be getting all the skins in a single season.
4) We’ve added the double currency requirement for ascended items to sink out shards of glory and will use the league tickets for more rare, longer term rewards as we make them.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Evan doing well. The skill based leaderboard will allow top solo players to prove themselves and then join teams. This is how it used to work.

Lol, join what teams though? Jk I know you’re aware of it. But yeah, some steps forward, mixed with steps back as usual. And the number one issue: class balance and power creep (and amulets/ restrictive statting imo); is still a big question mark.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Being able to play competitively with only 1 friend in a MMO just screams design failure. Why are you afraid full party of friends play together competitively? It’s downright insulting to say you have a “competitive” season and then prevent people that are the most competitive from playing together because they have more chance to win… You should have gone the other way around instead and make it so that a party of 5 is required for participating, if team balance was such a worry.

Then you could also just remove class stacking and 75% of the balance problems will go away. Or maybe you don’t have enough players left playing the game to do this? I really wonder why.

Your competitive mode is at a point where build variety is barely existent, balance is seriously questionable with 75% of the skills and traits being useless, and people can’t even group up together to be competitive… but you’re the developers that reinvented what good pvp should be in a MMO with the GvG mode in Guild Wars 1.

You must be aware enough about how much better GvG was in GW1 and how it’s what the players want: when Colin presented Stronghold it was presented as GvG in order to sell HoT…

Instead of making more 5v5 maps that play and feel exactly the same as the other maps why not make just one single 10v10 GvG map to interest that part of the competitive community that has been leaving the game?

You do realize that this was decided by the community through a poll right?

If anything, blame the other players, not the developer.
By the way: I voted for a duo queue for this season.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

Being able to play competitively with only 1 friend in a MMO just screams design failure. Why are you afraid full party of friends play together competitively? It’s downright insulting to say you have a “competitive” season and then prevent people that are the most competitive from playing together because they have more chance to win… You should have gone the other way around instead and make it so that a party of 5 is required for participating, if team balance was such a worry.

Then you could also just remove class stacking and 75% of the balance problems will go away. Or maybe you don’t have enough players left playing the game to do this? I really wonder why.

Your competitive mode is at a point where build variety is barely existent, balance is seriously questionable with 75% of the skills and traits being useless, and people can’t even group up together to be competitive… but you’re the developers that reinvented what good pvp should be in a MMO with the GvG mode in Guild Wars 1.

You must be aware enough about how much better GvG was in GW1 and how it’s what the players want: when Colin presented Stronghold it was presented as GvG in order to sell HoT…

Instead of making more 5v5 maps that play and feel exactly the same as the other maps why not make just one single 10v10 GvG map to interest that part of the competitive community that has been leaving the game?

You do realize that this was decided by the community through a poll right?

If anything, blame the other players, not the developer.
By the way: I voted for a duo queue for this season.

QFT. People kicking off when they don’t know the facts and didn’t vote when they should have/could have. Having the same conversation with a guy on a Facebook group. I also voted for duo queue.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

These changes were based off player feedback, so if it’s anyones fault, it’s ours. ANet is taking a chance and using our feedback to develop, something we’ve been begging for, so let’s see how it goes before the doom and gloom.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Let’s see…
(just guessing here, don’t hold me to my words)

You start at your real skill MMR. You can now:
1. Tank your mmr
2. Keep playing normally.

The results will be:
1. You lose 10 matches, your mmr drops. You start winning, you win 10 matches, you’re back at the MMR you started with.
2. yu play 20 matches. Since you’re playing at your skill level, your winrate will be around 50%. You end up winning 10 matches and losing 10.

Notice, how the longterm end result in both situations is the same. You gain nothing by tanking mmr.
It worked in some of the previous seasons due to the tier/division savespots and double-system matchmaking (pips+mmr). This time none of those things will be around.

Also, it was mentioned that the pip gain will be faster in higher skill divisions, so tanking may end up earning you less rewards than playing normally.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Why is there no way to earn legendary in PvP?

Agreed, and that should also be a thing, but that was not the point that I was making.

Because there’d be no point in pve if you could get rewards from pvp.

There would be no point for people who prefer PvP, and that’s great, because it means people who enjoy PvP could spend more of their time playing the mode they enjoy. “The point of PvE” is that players who prefer PvE can play it (which I think you’d be surprised to learn would be “most of the people who play this game”).

If you want something, you have to earn it. That includes doing something you might not be fond of

Yes to the first bit, no to the second. You should definitely have to earn your rewards, but you should also enjoy the process, because this is a game, not a job. You should never be funneled into content that you do not enjoy for long periods of time just to get rewards that you’re after.

Why should PvE have the exclusive monopoly on acquiring legendaries whenever you want?

It shouldn’t.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

I also thought what shakeup? No per class MMR which for me would be the base to have a good MMR matching. No Leaderboard? People seem to cry for that.
Lets see how it works. It´s definitly intresting to look at. It might be much better but doesn´t seem like a huge change. Well. If it creates good matches and exitement it will be a large step forward even if it doesn´t sound so.

While i think per class MMR would be good

They can only bring that in if you are locked into that class once the queue popped and you cannot switch to another one

Otherwise people would queue with low MMR classes and then switch obviously

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

These changes were based off player feedback, so if it’s anyones fault, it’s ours. ANet is taking a chance and using our feedback to develop, something we’ve been begging for, so let’s see how it goes before the doom and gloom.

I’m all for that but four seasons of disappointment is hard to forget.

We’ll see, though.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Lord help me

I’m amazed at all the complaints in general (I know, I know, it’s the internet so I shouldn’t be; if ArenaNet gave everyone a golden goblet then someone would complain that it made their coffee taste awful) but then I like the sound of Season 5 a lot.

Separating pips (for rewards) and the division system (for prestige) is a great idea.

I don’t understand the objection with matchmaking looking for the best games (i.e. a 50-50 chance), I fail to see what the alternative is or even what else would/could work? I wonder what those complaining about it really want? Do they know? Or do they just want matchmaking that gets them more wins… somehow?

I love the idea of being able to get unique ascended armour in this mode, all modes should have more unique reward skins, IMO.

Not facing 5 man premades anymore sounds good to me (although maybe there should be an option to create a 5 man and queue to face other 5 mans but that could lead to long queues).

This is looking like a great improvement over the previous seasons and I’m really looking forward to it!

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

A 5v5 queue would likely have queue times that would make it impractical. Maybe the best thing anet can do is either sponsor or automate tournaments between pvp league seasons for 5v5s. They can then also have a separate 5v5 leaderboard too with rewards for top teams. The good thing about having separate off season team tournaments is that you can also use that as filler between pvp league seasons to keep the community occupied. Kill two birds with one stone i think.

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

The changes look decent imo. It’s what most competitive players wanted. This forum can’t be taken seriously anyway, the balance threads alone make that abundandly clear. The only thing I worry about is the duo Q, which is a significant advantage over solo Q. It will probably be hard to get into the higher regions of the ladder without a regular PvP partner.

Caissech / Falásya

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Duo q is still big advantage over full solo q as it means 2 people 100% sure will work together and carry randoms.

Does it will work like:

I get full random team vs 1duo 3 random or 2 duo 1 random?
If it works like this one team always will have advantage so the win/lose rate is not accurate if lets say i lose with full randoms vs 1-2 duo team or i have 1 duo in my team enemy have 2 duo. One team with more duo will have better focus and better teamplay advantage, better communication.

So yea without good pvp partner enjoy playing in a bit lower divisions not in your true skill division. Atleast thats what i think. True solo players will stuck in division somewhere behind duoers.

But we will see, im not sure how it will work.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

Season 5 looks terrible

in PvP

Erzian.5218

If you want something, you have to earn it. That includes doing something you might not be fond of

Yes to the first bit, no to the second. You should definitely have to earn your rewards, but you should also enjoy the process, because this is a game, not a job. You should never be funneled into content that you do not enjoy for long periods of time just to get rewards that you’re after.

What if someone only enjoy role playing in divinity’s reach?
If they want a legendary badge next to their name, should they get it for typing x lines of dialogue?
If they want legendary weapon, should they get it for using x emotes?
If they want to be rank 1 on the leader boards, should they get it for using fancy words?

(edited by Erzian.5218)