Season 6 RESULTS POLL

Season 6 RESULTS POLL

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

After doing a small Poll to see what the community here would like to see for Season 6 Ranked, it is quite obvious that the majority does not want another Season just SoloQ anymore.

Majority voted for SoloQ and TeamQ seperately.
Results can be seen here http://www.strawpoll.me/12343163/r
(you can still vote if you want)

I hope ArenaNet will take this into account!
(I think I saw a dev replying few weeks ago they were probably doing another SoloQ Only Ranked for Season 6 again)

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Season 6 RESULTS POLL

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Results of the poll are unsurprising. Solo queue and team queue (either dynamic or 5s-only) is really the ideal. I imagine most voted for other options simply out of the belief there isn’t the population to support split queue.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Season 6 RESULTS POLL

in PvP

Posted by: wwDefuser.2056

wwDefuser.2056

Well… i just look at that options u create and … face palm.

5. is not possible , cause (2-5) team queue… you cant create teams out of duo-queues only and you definitely cant do it out of 4 !

A mix of 4. and 6. would be the best imo. SoloQ (1player) and a seperate teamQ (1-5). That system already existed within the last 2 years.
Regarding the low player numbers it’s probably better to have a soloQ only and a teamQ in form of automated tournaments once or twice a week.

Season 6 RESULTS POLL

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

5. is not possible , cause (2-5) team queue… you cant create teams out of duo-queues only and you definitely cant do it out of 4 !

A mix of 4. and 6. would be the best imo. SoloQ (1player) and a seperate teamQ (1-5). That system already existed within the last 2 years.
Regarding the low player numbers it’s probably better to have a soloQ only and a teamQ in form of automated tournaments once or twice a week.

I imagine 2-5 meant groups of 2, 3, and 5.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Season 6 RESULTS POLL

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Funny thing is, GW2 used to have a solo queue and a team queue (parties of 1-5) option.

Solo queue was popular early, but dropped off after a couple months. Solo queue was based mostly on luck in getting the least number of clueless players, was full of “solo queue heroes” who tried to 1v1 everything and ignored capture nodes, and general toxicity and blaming everyone else.

Team queue allowed for coordinated strategy and tactics, which added way more depth to the game. Larger queue size was far from guaranteed victory (contrary to claims of solo queue backers).

GW2 doesn’t have the population for split queues. Why repeat the same process again?

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Season 6 RESULTS POLL

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

Funny thing is, GW2 used to have a solo queue and a team queue (parties of 1-5) option.

Solo queue was popular early, but dropped off after a couple months. Solo queue was based mostly on luck in getting the least number of clueless players, was full of “solo queue heroes” who tried to 1v1 everything and ignored capture nodes, and general toxicity and blaming everyone else.

Team queue allowed for coordinated strategy and tactics, which added way more depth to the game. Larger queue size was far from guaranteed victory (contrary to claims of solo queue backers).

GW2 doesn’t have the population for split queues. Why repeat the same process again?

Solo queue didn’t die because of a lack of player population necessarily. It died because team queue was more profitable, gave more rank progress, and had a better map rotation. Solo queue was pretty much just what unranked is today.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Season 6 RESULTS POLL

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

I imagine 2-5 meant groups of 2, 3, and 5.

That was exactly what it meant, I did a poor job showing it :/

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Season 6 RESULTS POLL

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

this is such a tiny portion of the population it might as well not exist.

im bad at sarcasm

Season 6 RESULTS POLL

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

What people say and actually do doesnt happen. I rarely can pull together a full five man team and I suspect most new players wont be able to do that. Meanwhile alot of people like to play with 1-2 friends in PvP and they will be totally cut out.

In general the biggest reason this wont happen is, the queue time for full 5 man teams will probably range around 20 minutes cause there absolutely won’t be enough of them . Thats why they didnt do it in the first place.

Season 6 RESULTS POLL

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

RIP what players want :<

Season 6 RESULTS POLL

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

5 man queues were removed because players waited for 15m+ at a time.

SoloQ was removed because they wanted to combine & optimize just 1 leaderboard to show results and to increase the pool size.

You can’t just revert back to the solo/teamQ changes. I wouldnt want to if the pip system, queue times, and leaderboards had to make a change.

This is one of the better pvp systems GW2 has ever had but people want a SoloQ only… why? Because that 76 – 500 score would have been different?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)